Polk Audio 2 channel 600 watt (almost) amp for $55 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 160 PPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enough

Default Polk Audio 2 channel 600 watt (almost) amp for $55

Found this deal a couple months ago and grabbed 4 myself.
VMInnovations has the Polk Audio PAD2000.2 two channel class D amps for $54.99. Use the coupon code "DealNews5Off" for a additional 5% discount. They've actually gone up a few bucks so, be aware of that.

Amp is rated 2 x 125 watts @ 4 ohms stereo, 2 x 250 @ 2 ohm stereo. 500 watts @ 4 bridged. Because it's a two channel amp there is no subsonic filter but, it does offer a frequency multiplier switch

Rob "HiFi" Vega tested one and got 589 watts at 4 ohms bridged. The video is linked below. I am personally using one on a couple of IDQ DVC V2 10's in my daily driver and it sounds great.
These amps seem to be clones of the PPI Phantom P600.2 and Soundstream TN2.600d.

Polk Audio PAD2000.2
https://www.vminnovations.com/Product_104301/index.html

They are also listed on eBay so, you might get lucky with a discount code there as well.

Rob "HiFi" Vega's dyno test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDRamutPAec&t=3s

Absolutely State Of The Art!
PPI_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PPI_GUY For This Useful Post:
06gtmike (03-20-2019), gloomis13 (4 Weeks Ago), I800C0LLECT (03-22-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 170 DaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to DaveRulz

Default Re: Polk Audio 2 channel 600 watt (almost) amp for $55

They have a 2 pack for $102
https://www.vminnovations.com/Product_119110/index.html
DaveRulz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveRulz For This Useful Post:
chithead (03-20-2019), nyquistrate (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 170 DaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enoughDaveRulz will become famous soon enough

FYI, it has a band pass filter. Low end of the high pass is 20hz. So If you set it up to BPF with Low pass around 80 and HPF at 20 you have effectively set up a subsonic filter.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveRulz For This Useful Post:
PPI_GUY (03-20-2019)

Old 03-20-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 180 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

Dang, four of those amps for 6x125 plus 1 at 500, and all for $204 - talk about a winning combo!

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Just bought one off ebay. There's a $10 off coupon - total with tax was 48 and change.
Old 03-20-2019   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 gbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to gbrnole

marine rated too!
gbrnole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2019   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 gbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enoughgbrnole will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to gbrnole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRulz View Post
FYI, it has a band pass filter. Low end of the high pass is 20hz. So If you set it up to BPF with Low pass around 80 and HPF at 20 you have effectively set up a subsonic filter.
This. Slopes are at 12 dB per octave (2nd order) so need to consider that.
gbrnole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 160 PPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enoughPPI_GUY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Good catch there. I'm running mine sealed. So no need for a subsonic but, that feature makes it even more of a deal.

Old 03-22-2019   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Just got mine. Great looking amp. Really trying to resist ordering 4 more for the 6x125 1x500!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveRulz For This Useful Post:
chithead (03-22-2019), PPI_GUY (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Just got mine. Great looking amp. Really trying to resist ordering 4 more for the 6x125 1x500!
Yeah, It's hard to imagine a another way to get that kind of power for approx. $200. I have mine powering a couple of V2 IDQ 10's and it rarely even gets warm.
After yours is installed and powered up, let us know what you think. Specs claim 105dB signal to noise. Wondering if it really is that quiet when powering comps.

Old 03-25-2019   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 170 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI_GUY View Post
Yeah, It's hard to imagine a another way to get that kind of power for approx. $200. I have mine powering a couple of V2 IDQ 10's and it rarely even gets warm.
After yours is installed and powered up, let us know what you think. Specs claim 105dB signal to noise. Wondering if it really is that quiet when powering comps.
Holy crap, just went and got 4 or them. No where else am I going to get that type of power for 193 bucks after the discount code and free shipping. I cant find that deal at a walmart of something that might be far less quality.

Good catch on this deal.
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Mine will be running subs in my Wrangler - I have to control the budget and resist buying a set for my Vette, which currently has fully functioning and installed amplifiers that really DON'T need to be replaced right now.
Old 03-27-2019   #13

Rep Power: 0 allenm324 will become famous soon enoughallenm324 will become famous soon enoughallenm324 will become famous soon enoughallenm324 will become famous soon enoughallenm324 will become famous soon enoughallenm324 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Mine will be running subs in my Wrangler - I have to control the budget and resist buying a set for my Vette, which currently has fully functioning and installed amplifiers that really DON'T need to be replaced right now.
Me too. I just ordered one for my midbass from Amazon. I'm tempted to buy another for my sub to give me a little more headroom
allenm324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019   #14

Rep Power: 0 tacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enough

Thank you! Saw this thread and immediately bought 4 of em! I cannot wait to mess around with these puppies!
tacofox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofox View Post
Thank you! Saw this thread and immediately bought 4 of em! I cannot wait to mess around with these puppies!
Bought 4 myself when I first came across this deal. Very tempted to add another one to get to 8 channels total (including two of the amps bridged for powering separate subs).

Old 04-16-2019   #16

Rep Power: 0 tacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enoughtacofox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Bought 4 myself when I first came across this deal. Very tempted to add another one to get to 8 channels total (including two of the amps bridged for powering separate subs).
I'm actually in the same boat haha. 2 way fronts, 2 10" subs are going to be powered off these, and I had just bought a little kenwood 4 channel and was thinking about using that my back doors possibly, but at $130 I might as well return it and buy another one of these.
tacofox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 fischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enough

Do you think one of these is enough for 2 x JL 12tw3 D4 wired to 4 ohms. Looks like it would be close to 600watts to the pair.
fischman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough

To anyone buying these I recommend not sitting on them too long before at least powering them up. I read a few reviews where people said they smoked up pretty quick which I chalked up to the people that put reviews on amazon not knowing what theyíre doing but I had one do it to me within 5 minutes with no speakers hooked up to it and go into protect. I have 3 others that have been working a couple weeks with no issues so it may be that theyíll either die a quick death or theyíll be fine if they donít.
06gtmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 fischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enoughfischman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gtmike View Post
To anyone buying these I recommend not sitting on them too long before at least powering them up. I read a few reviews where people said they smoked up pretty quick which I chalked up to the people that put reviews on amazon not knowing what theyíre doing but I had one do it to me within 5 minutes with no speakers hooked up to it and go into protect. I have 3 others that have been working a couple weeks with no issues so it may be that theyíll either die a quick death or theyíll be fine if they donít.
Good to know. Makes you wonder why there's a fire sale on these though. Possibly these are b-stock that had some QA issues? Either way, for their price, it's still worth the risk for the power. As long as they don't take any other components out with them if they do go.

Josh
Old 04-16-2019   #20

Rep Power: 55 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischman View Post
Good to know. Makes you wonder why there's a fire sale on these though. Possibly these are b-stock that had some QA issues? Either way, for their price, it's still worth the risk for the power. As long as they don't take any other components out with them if they do go.

Josh
I am pretty sure polk is discontinuing this line of amps. No longer on Polk's website and Crutchfield says discontinued on their website.

2014 F150 Limited
Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs, Alpine PDX-V9, Active Tweeters: SI M25, Mids: SI TM65 mk3, Sub: JL TW3, Rears: SB17's, Helix DSP.2, Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV
jdunk54nl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunk54nl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischman View Post

Josh
I am pretty sure polk is discontinuing this line of amps. No longer on Polk's website and Crutchfield says discontinued on their website.

Oh, I understand, but it's still wierd, I haven't seen any large sales on the other amps in this series. Still an amazing deal. I'm debating if I want to go with 4 of these over the NVX or Zapco St-X amps... The price per watt is truly amazing. And I like to save money whenever I can.
Old 04-18-2019   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 mpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enough

Iíll admit, I ordered one of these to run bridged to power my single Pioneer 12 in a sealed box in my truck. Itís arriving Monday. I couldnít pass up the deal. Having said that, upon further inspection, this appears to be different than then PPI P600.2D and the Soundstream TN2.600D. The RCAís are on opposite sides of the board in the photos...

2016 Toyota Tundra TRD CM | Pioneer AVH-2330NEX | SEAS Prestige | Dayton RS100-4 | AF GS690 | Pioneer ib-Flat 12 Sealed | Pair of Zapco ST-4X II's | Zapco ST-850XM
mpednault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019   #23
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 355 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpednault View Post
Iíll admit, I ordered one of these to run bridged to power my single Pioneer 12 in a sealed box in my truck. Itís arriving Monday. I couldnít pass up the deal. Having said that, upon further inspection, this appears to be different than then PPI P600.2D and the Soundstream TN2.600D. The RCAís are on opposite sides of the board in the photos...
Not different. The board is just upside down compared to the PPI and Soundstream. Notice the power and speaker connections, as well.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 mpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enoughmpednault will become famous soon enough

Oh yeah! Must be due to the way the heat sink is layed out...

Iím VERY tempted to order 3 more for my 3-way active front stage and a Dayton DSP408. Itís either that or wait for the Zapco ST-6X DSP to come out...

Four of these would be $195, plus the Dayton DSP-408 with my Commercial Sales account comes to $125 shipped. So total would be $320.

The Zapco ST-6X DSP is $600 and Iíd keep the one of these that I bought for my sub. So total would be around $665. But would it be worth spending more than twice the cost of going with these and the Dayton DSP...

Ugh, I love this hobby!

2016 Toyota Tundra TRD CM | Pioneer AVH-2330NEX | SEAS Prestige | Dayton RS100-4 | AF GS690 | Pioneer ib-Flat 12 Sealed | Pair of Zapco ST-4X II's | Zapco ST-850XM
mpednault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019   #25
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 355 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

The Zapco ST-6X DSP is out, but the availability is supposed to be somewhat limited right now. If you are wanting it soon, you might need to order quickly.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement