Dayton refurb dsp-408 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2019   #1

Rep Power: 55 ruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enough

Default Dayton refurb dsp-408

It is back in stock

https://www.parts-express.com/restoc...io--88-230-500
ruizal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2019   #2

Rep Power: 90 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Dayton refurb dsp-408

I bought one for my younger brother, thanks for the tip.

It said one left when I got it, and still says one left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Civic Hatch
Dayton dsp, AV 5.1k, SI RM12, Stevens SA-6s
WhereAmEye? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019   #3

Rep Power: 55 ruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enoughruizal will become famous soon enough

I just happened to refresh the page on my phone and saw it. About dropped my phone in the urinal lol. I used to refresh that page daily but haven’t in a month. Good timing!

Old 09-24-2019   #4

Rep Power: 8 jtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enough

And it's back "out of stock" again.... That didn't last long! Snagged one up for myself though.
jtrosky is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019   #5

Rep Power: 13 ajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
And it's back "out of stock" again.... That didn't last long! Snagged one up for myself though.
Yes! Good bye DSR-1?!

I was tempted to snag one of these just to play with but I already blew my fun budget for the month... Tough to pass up that deal tho.
ajt976 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019   #6

Rep Power: 8 jtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajt976 View Post
Yes! Good bye DSR-1?!

I was tempted to snag one of these just to play with but I already blew my fun budget for the month... Tough to pass up that deal tho.
I'm conflicted about replacing my DSR-1 with an AP4 and separate DSP. At this point, while I'm still not 100% happy with my audio upgrade (which is built around the DSR-1), I'm not really sure that the DSR-1 is the problem. I honestly think that it's my lack of tuning ability/experience. The DSR-1 is just such a powerful DSP for the price. I'd actually be going backwards in terms of functionality if I replaced my DSR-1 with an AP4/DSP-408. Can't' say for sure whether it would make any sonic difference though. Some seem to believe that the DSR-1 is lacking in terms of sound quality, but I'm not so sure it's the limiting factor in my case...

I'm hanging in there with the DSR-1 for now, but if I ever do look to replace it, I'll have the DSP-408 already. :-) WOuld still need to spend another $250+ for the AP4 though.
Old 09-24-2019   #7

Quote:
I'm conflicted about replacing my DSR-1 with an AP4 and separate DSP. At this point, while I'm still not 100% happy with my audio upgrade (which is built around the DSR-1), I'm not really sure that the DSR-1 is the problem. I honestly think that it's my lack of tuning ability/experience. The DSR-1 is just such a powerful DSP for the price. I'd actually be going backwards in terms of functionality if I replaced my DSR-1 with an AP4/DSP-408. Can't' say for sure whether it would make any sonic difference though. Some seem to believe that the DSR-1 is lacking in terms of sound quality, but I'm not so sure it's the limiting factor in my case...

I'm hanging in there with the DSR-1 for now, but if I ever do look to replace it, I'll have the DSP-408 already. :-) WOuld still need to spend another $250+ for the AP4 though.

Yeah the ap4 is my next purchase lol. That one will be a while
Old 09-25-2019   #8

Rep Power: 16 javcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well at that price is a steal, best money you can spent to upgrade your system for cheap.
So no wonder why they don't last long everybody snagging them up as quickly as they are back in stock
javcolin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2019   #9

Rep Power: 90 WhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enoughWhereAmEye? will become famous soon enough

I got the whole package for my younger brother but he “doesn’t want me messing with his stuff” and “just wants a sub”

So pm me if you want to buy it from me. I just want my money back (for the dsp, remote, and Bluetooth unit). If no one is interested I’ll just return it.

2017 Civic Hatch
Old 09-27-2019   #10

I didn’t think to order the remote or Bluetooth. Damn lol

Old 10-04-2019   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 170 nismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to nismos14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereAmEye? View Post
I got the whole package for my younger brother but he “doesn’t want me messing with his stuff” and “just wants a sub”

So pm me if you want to buy it from me. I just want my money back (for the dsp, remote, and Bluetooth unit). If no one is interested I’ll just return it.

How much?

'05 SE-R
CAAA Member #1
My Car, My Ears.
nismos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
How much?

Sorry they sold a while ago and I forgot to mention it.

2017 Civic Hatch
Old 10-06-2019   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 92 chiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enough

How much was this thing selling for? I see multiple listings for $70 (out of stock) and $149 (in stock).

chiefgeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2019   #14

Rep Power: 16 javcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enoughjavcolin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefgeek View Post
How much was this thing selling for? I see multiple listings for $70 (out of stock) and $149 (in stock).
The price difference is.
Returned items or open box items sold at $70 dls
Brand new sold for 149 dls.

The ones at 70 dls normally don't last very long as they have a few in stock and they are sold out quick
Old 10-07-2019   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 197 Mless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enough

Back in stock: https://www.parts-express.com/restoc...io--88-230-500
Mless5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mless5 View Post
Yes they are. Question is. For how long as these really move fast.

Good luck all getting yours at this price
Old 10-07-2019   #17

Rep Power: 44 hankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by javcolin View Post
Yes they are. Question is. For how long as these really move fast.

Good luck all getting yours at this price

Damn it’s gone. I was so ready to snag one.

hankhowdy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 mfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enoughmfenske will become famous soon enough

Just grabbed one of the last 2

2019 Micro Blue Pearl Kia Stinger GT1 AWD-OEM Harmon/Kardon system

2015 Taffeta White Honda Pilot SE 4WD- OEM Source, MiniDSP C 6to 8, Boston Acoustics RC61 Midrange, LPG-26NA Tweeters, Pioneer GM-D8604 Amplifier, Audiopipe APCLE-15001D Amplifier, and NVX VCW-152 subwoofer
mfenske is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 36 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

There's one available right now for $70 clearance.

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: Scanspeak D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters, Scanspeak 12mu mids, Scanspeak 18wu midbasses, Scanspeak 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer, Scanspeak 10F / D3004/6020's (rear doors), Scanspeak 10F (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2 DL, Arc Audio KS 300.2 v2, Arc Audio SKS300.6 Prototype, Arc Audio KS300.4 v2
GreatLaBroski is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #20

Rep Power: 44 hankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enoughhankhowdy1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLaBroski View Post
There's one available right now for $70 clearance.

Thank you. I just snagged it. I was saving up for a NEX head unit to try out an active front stage, but I’ll give this a try. I was gifted the Bluetooth dongle by a family member and I’m not interested in the controller, so for $80 with the tax and all. Not bad.

Thanks again.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 92 chiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enoughchiefgeek will become famous soon enough

I picked one up too, still says 1 remaining LOL.

chiefgeek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #22

Says no more available again... I'm not sure if it's such a good thing that they have so many "repaired" units available though... Seems like they are constantly back in stock. Hopefully, that isn't an indication that they fail often and need repairs! :-) Just seems like they sell an awful lot of these $70 versions...
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #23

Got an email saying that there are none available and my order was canceled.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 Mike-G will become famous soon enoughMike-G will become famous soon enoughMike-G will become famous soon enoughMike-G will become famous soon enoughMike-G will become famous soon enoughMike-G will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Says no more available again... I'm not sure if it's such a good thing that they have so many "repaired" units available though... Seems like they are constantly back in stock. Hopefully, that isn't an indication that they fail often and need repairs! :-) Just seems like they sell an awful lot of these $70 versions...
Could be alot of customer returns for other reasons, not enough inputs, user ability, etc. Once they come back, they cannot offer them as new.
Mike-G is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankhowdy1 View Post
Got an email saying that there are none available and my order was canceled.

That sucks

2017 Civic Hatch
The Following User Says Thank You to WhereAmEye? For This Useful Post:
hankhowdy1 (3 Weeks Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement