How to make your own Remote Controller for Helix and Brax DSPs - Page 4 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2018   #76
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 122 stixzerjan will become famous soon enoughstixzerjan will become famous soon enoughstixzerjan will become famous soon enoughstixzerjan will become famous soon enoughstixzerjan will become famous soon enoughstixzerjan will become famous soon enough

Default Re: How to make your own Remote Controller for Helix and Brax DSPs

Hi guys, is there a possibility to build the remote for Zapco Dsp-z8 too? I just installed mine and want to utilize the optical input. Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
stixzerjan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2019   #77

Rep Power: 14 flgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
Thanks for that Salami - 220 it is
It's a current limiting resistor in this circuit. Use the 220.
flgfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to flgfish For This Useful Post:
rob feature (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019   #78

Rep Power: 14 flgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enough

Doin' a little thread necromancy, since this helped me. Only wanted a sub nob & the ability to swap between profiles. 3D printer & Fry's, here I come! Here's my first partial print to check fitment. I'm printing the final box, box top and pot knob now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flgfish For This Useful Post:
Bnlcmbcar (03-01-2019), rob feature (03-01-2019)

Old 03-01-2019   #79
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 48 Bnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enough

Does anyone have info on this Helix DSP Controller?

https://youtu.be/pD5t5Q6LC3g
Bnlcmbcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2019   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnlcmbcar View Post
Does anyone have info on this Helix DSP Controller?

https://youtu.be/pD5t5Q6LC3g
It looks like it's got the same functionality as what we're building, but he has an aurduino driving a screen, and probably using some GPIO's to control the outputs through whatever circuits he's devised to hook up to the two control inputs (that measure voltage level) and the high/low input pin (for the preset select).
The Following User Says Thank You to flgfish For This Useful Post:
Bnlcmbcar (03-12-2019)
Old 05-10-2019   #81

Rep Power: 36 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

Bringing this back to life as I am making my own remote.

For the ground, do you just connect it to the metal shell of the DIN connector as you would with an RCA?
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019   #82

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,888 Times in 1,302 Posts
Rep Power: 464 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
Bringing this back to life as I am making my own remote.

For the ground, do you just connect it to the metal shell of the DIN connector as you would with an RCA?
honestly, just buy a URC.3. This thread is from when the shitty URC and absurdly shaped URC.2 were out and those failed all the time. Problem is, these homemade remotes have the same issues as the URC.2. A local buddy who got schematics from this thread has gone through maybe 4 or 5 of these, and they cost him time, plus cost of parts. Meanwhile you can buy a URC.3 for like, 35 bucks.

Apicella Auto Sound | ResoNix Sound Solutions
New York Metro Area
Everyone moved over to Car Audio Junkies. See you there
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019   #83

Rep Power: 36 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
honestly, just buy a URC.3. This thread is from when the shitty URC and absurdly shaped URC.2 were out and those failed all the time. Problem is, these homemade remotes have the same issues as the URC.2. A local buddy who got schematics from this thread has gone through maybe 4 or 5 of these, and they cost him time, plus cost of parts. Meanwhile you can buy a URC.3 for like, 35 bucks.
Where do you get a URC3 for $35? Unfortunately I've already bought the parts and started soldering since I thought a URC.3 was like $60-70.
Old 05-10-2019   #84

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 464 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where do you get a URC3 for $35? Unfortunately I've already bought the parts and started soldering since I thought a URC.3 was like $60-70.
TBH, i actually dont know the price off hand. I include them for free when i install a Helix DSP. I know they arent more than 50

New York Metro Area
Old 05-10-2019   #85

Quote:
TBH, i actually dont know the price off hand. I include them for free when i install a Helix DSP. I know they arent more than 50
Cheapest I see them are for $70 from eBay from Austria. Can't find it anywhere in the US. I guess maybe if I call some dealers.
Old 05-10-2019   #86

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Cheapest I see them are for $70 from eBay from Austria. Can't find it anywhere in the US. I guess maybe if I call some dealers.
Yeah, helix isnt sold online. Gotta contact a dealer.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

New York Metro Area
Old 05-11-2019   #87

Quote:
Yeah, helix isnt sold online. Gotta contact a dealer.

Dang, yea I live in the middle of nowhere. Will have to see if I can find someone to ship.

I still want to try and build this remote though since I've spent way more than I intended to this month. Plus, I have all the parts already so they're going to waste otherwise.
Old 05-11-2019   #88

Rep Power: 12 SiW80 will become famous soon enoughSiW80 will become famous soon enoughSiW80 will become famous soon enoughSiW80 will become famous soon enoughSiW80 will become famous soon enoughSiW80 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Dang, yea I live in the middle of nowhere. Will have to see if I can find someone to ship.

I still want to try and build this remote though since I've spent way more than I intended to this month. Plus, I have all the parts already so they're going to waste otherwise.

Let us know how you get on.

I have the parts and finally got a cable yesterday so ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SiW80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019   #89

Yes ground to shield.
I made my own. It’s easy. No need to buy one. Mine is customized with only a sub knob- didn’t want the other stuff.
Old 05-11-2019   #90

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:

I am actually the only dealer authorized to ship

New York Metro Area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement