How does Sub volume work Mosconi Zero 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2017   #1

Rep Power: 87 DPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enough

Default Input signal match, Mosconi Zero 3...

How does the sub volume work using a Mosconi Zero 3:
- If using the RJ-45 phone connector on the Zero 3 amp, are you simply raising and lowering the amp's input gain control (as if turning the input gain on amp)?

Last edited by DPGstereo; 07-30-2017 at 11:30 AM..
DPGstereo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2017   #2

Rep Power: 87 DPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enoughDPGstereo will become famous soon enough

Default Re: How does Sub volume work Mosconi Zero 3

I'm using 6to8 Aerospace and Zero 3 for sub amp. I was told to use Mosconi's RTC, if I wanted a separate sub volume knob. Has the phone plug style connection on amp.
This was better than using, for example Rockford Fosgate sub volume that has RCA in's and outs. Said volume was controlled inside amp? How does the really work?
In changing volume, using RTC, am I changing input gain on the Zero 3 to raise and lower subwoofers volume?
Old 07-30-2017   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 113 Hammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPGstereo View Post
I'm using 6to8 Aerospace and Zero 3 for sub amp. I was told to use Mosconi's RTC, if I wanted a separate sub volume knob. Has the phone plug style connection on amp.
This was better than using, for example Rockford Fosgate sub volume that has RCA in's and outs. Said volume was controlled inside amp? How does the really work?
In changing volume, using RTC, am I changing input gain on the Zero 3 to raise and lower subwoofers volume?
Do you have either the RCD or RC mini connected to the 6to8 as that would allow you to control sub volume from the 6to8. For a zero3 you need the Mos_RTC not the RTC and I believe it controls input voltage from rca input.

00 Dodge Ram Cummins Twin Turbo. IPad 9.7 Pro in the Dash. Illusion Audio C12XL C8,C5,Illusion Tweeters,Mosconi AS300.2,AS200.2, AS100.4. Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace
Hammer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017   #4

I can use either the Mosconi RC Mini to control the DSP, one function being subwoofer volume.

Or use the RTC-MOS that plugs into the Zero 3 amp.

Question is, how do each work? Specifically, how would each effect the Input Gain level of the Zero 3?

1. It was first recommended to me to use the Mosconi RTC-MOS that plugs into Zero 3 amp (RJ-45 phone plug) over using a sub volume control with RCA In's and Outs. With the RTC-MOS, is sub volume knob raising and lowering Input Gain on Zero 3 amp?

2. Then we discussed the ability to have quick access to different tunes of the 6to8 Aerospace, using the Mosconi RC Mini. Which also has a feature to control subwoofer volume. However, this option, seems like the same as using any sub volume with RCA In's and Outs. Raising and lowering Input Gain of the Zero 3 amp?

Just asking about how each effects the Input Gain of the Zero 3 amp?
Old 07-30-2017   #5

The whole thing is about optimum signal level matching from source, dsp and amp.
If I use, say a DD-1, to match/optimize signals..

then use a separate subwoofer control, the gain on subwoofer amp is no longer correct?
Old 07-30-2017   #6

Anyone know?

Help please...

"For the love of music..."
Old 07-30-2017   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 113 Hammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPGstereo View Post
The whole thing is about optimum signal level matching from source, dsp and amp.
If I use, say a DD-1, to match/optimize signals..

then use a separate subwoofer control, the gain on subwoofer amp is no longer correct?
You would set either the RC mini or the RTC to max then set your gains. Then when you use the RTC to lower sub volume you wont be over driving amp

00 Dodge Ram Cummins Twin Turbo. IPad 9.7 Pro in the Dash. Illusion Audio C12XL C8,C5,Illusion Tweeters,Mosconi AS300.2,AS200.2, AS100.4. Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace
Hammer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2017   #8

Thanks man. I'm trying to understand the gain structure of the Mosconi Zero 3.

"For the love of music..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement