POLL: HAT L6 vs ID X65- Who's tried both? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

View Poll Results: HAT L6 vs ID X65
HAT L6 29 55.77%
ID X65 23 44.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 108 corcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enough

Default POLL: HAT L6 vs ID X65- Who's tried both?

Both well known and well respected 6.5" mids. Who's tried both and how would you compare the 2? Warmth, detail, low end and top end?
corcraft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2011   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 108 corcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enoughcorcraft will become famous soon enough

Default Re: POLL: HAT L6 vs ID X65- Who's tried both?

Quite a few votes but no comparisons...... Who has actually compared both? 80-4khz, where do they shine?
corcraft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2011   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
south east customz
Position:
owner/custom fabricator

Rep Power: 112 south east customz will become famous soon enoughsouth east customz will become famous soon enoughsouth east customz will become famous soon enoughsouth east customz will become famous soon enoughsouth east customz will become famous soon enoughsouth east customz will become famous soon enough

I have used both. HAT for sure.
The image doesn't have the clarity at higher volumes.
If can swing the l6se's then u definitely defeat the iD's by a huge margin
south east customz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 141 FG79 will become famous soon enoughFG79 will become famous soon enoughFG79 will become famous soon enoughFG79 will become famous soon enoughFG79 will become famous soon enoughFG79 will become famous soon enough

The L6 can definitely play high.

Not sure about the ID, but that's a big thing for me in a 2 way setup.

Comparing midbass amongst these speakers is usually not the night & day difference they are made out to be.
FG79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 153 Jboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enoughJboogie will become famous soon enough

I have used both sets. I actually sold my XS' to get the HAT's.

The ID's were run off a JL 300/4 with a Audiocontrol DQL-8 as the processor. My opinion of the XS' were that they were a very good spkr but could be better. They did not have the mid bass i was looking for and at higher volumes i could hear very small amounts of distortion if they were crossed over at their (low end) threshold freq. The overall SQ was about a 7.75 out of 10. Nice and mellow but not harsh and fatiguing. I did have problems tuning my system with them and the tweets. Finding the optimal freq that let male and femal vocals sound equally nice. I would gladly purchase them again if i was doing a 3 way setup where they didnt have to do a lot of mid bass work.

The HAT Legatia's were run shortly off the JL 300/4 and now are run off a ID 300.4. Before break in the sounded like my stock spkrs. After break in they loostened up nicely but the midbass sounded like it was trying to hard to create bass (dont know if anyone will understand that)... I would give them a slightly better overall SQ rating because they play a wider freq range. I give them a solid 8.5. I did not like the L1V2 tweet and listening to the mids with this tweet was not good for me. I exchanged them for SE tweets and the overall sound is much better, they dont color the music as much as the ID's did but that is a plus at the same time as a negative (some music sound too flat and certain nuances the ID's presented were not heard at lower volumes).. Sometimes these spkrs play loud.. a little too loud and they can actual give the feel that your sound stage has been readjusted if you play louder than the volume you tuned your system at.. The L6 Legatia is a kick ass mid and is one of the best to get for a 2 way setup.

Both are very good and above average drivers but the HAT is a little better IMO. If cost is a issue the ID is a great choice. I would be glad to run either set in my car.

J.

Last edited by Jboogie; 11-19-2011 at 03:12 AM..
Jboogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012   #6
DAT

Banned

Rep Power: 0 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd avoid both and for same price if not less get a better speaker IMHO

Not gonna list brands.... but it's true...
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 98 WestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
Personally I'd avoid both and for same price if not less get a better speaker IMHO

Not gonna list brands.... but it's true...
Gotta ask, what brands?
WestCo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 117 WannaBBurly will become famous soon enoughWannaBBurly will become famous soon enoughWannaBBurly will become famous soon enoughWannaBBurly will become famous soon enoughWannaBBurly will become famous soon enoughWannaBBurly will become famous soon enough

Yea, I'm in the market for this same application and was looking at these speakers as well... What are some better options?
WannaBBurly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 105 Lorin will become famous soon enoughLorin will become famous soon enoughLorin will become famous soon enoughLorin will become famous soon enoughLorin will become famous soon enoughLorin will become famous soon enough

look at his signature. My guess would be the new arian mids by audible physics. I run some of their stuff. very good, no regrets
Lorin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012   #10
DAT

Banned

Rep Power: 0 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBBurly View Post
Yea, I'm in the market for this same application and was looking at these speakers as well... What are some better options?
lots of choices, let me know your requirements - mounting depth, what will you cross them over at and so forth.

I'll point you in a good direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorin View Post
look at his signature. My guess would be the new arian mids by audible physics. I run some of their stuff. very good, no regrets
I do enjoy my Arians.....
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 134 ZAKOH will become famous soon enoughZAKOH will become famous soon enoughZAKOH will become famous soon enoughZAKOH will become famous soon enoughZAKOH will become famous soon enoughZAKOH will become famous soon enoughZAKOH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by corcraft View Post
Quite a few votes but no comparisons...... Who has actually compared both? 80-4khz, where do they shine?

There was a post paraphrasing ID tech support, that the XS/X mids play up to 2KHz, and then roll off naturally. If this is true, can these mids really be used up to 4KHz?

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-xs-65-vs.html
ZAKOH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 305 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOH View Post
There was a post paraphrasing ID tech support, that the XS/X mids play up to 2KHz, and then roll off naturally. If this is true, can these mids really be used up to 4KHz?

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-xs-65-vs.html
There's a slight dip around 2.8kHz (on-axis) but yes, the X65 can be used up to 4kHz no problem...

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 Sound Suggestions will become famous soon enoughSound Suggestions will become famous soon enoughSound Suggestions will become famous soon enoughSound Suggestions will become famous soon enoughSound Suggestions will become famous soon enoughSound Suggestions will become famous soon enough

....scott B./DAT and Eric S. all voted with very predictable results

here we go again, changes coming....why not!!!! YOLO
Sound Suggestions is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2013   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 298 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Suggestions View Post
....scott B./DAT and Eric S. all voted with very predictable results
I would have chosen ID too even if it isn't quite as good as the HAT. I'll put the Arian against the HAT any day of the week!

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...Sometimes you just have to turn it up to ELEVEN
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015   #15

Rep Power: 48 383BEE will become famous soon enough383BEE will become famous soon enough383BEE will become famous soon enough383BEE will become famous soon enough383BEE will become famous soon enough383BEE will become famous soon enough

Can't compare as I havent heard the Hats. With that said I am very happy with my ID X65's and if the Hats don't sound better by a huge margin I can't justify the price difference.

Last edited by 383BEE; 08-16-2015 at 10:07 AM..
383BEE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement