jbl p660c 6.5 comp set - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 negativegain will become famous soon enoughnegativegain will become famous soon enoughnegativegain will become famous soon enoughnegativegain will become famous soon enoughnegativegain will become famous soon enoughnegativegain will become famous soon enough

Default Re: jbl p660c 6.5 comp set

80hz to 3khz on the mids. and to answer your question in the ms-62c thread, yes i purchased them from a non authorized dealer from ebay. so no warranty.

btw, i found this repair kit, so i'm gonna try and fix 'em.
6.5" Rubber Surround Kit
negativegain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 ccccombo.killer will become famous soon enoughccccombo.killer will become famous soon enoughccccombo.killer will become famous soon enoughccccombo.killer will become famous soon enoughccccombo.killer will become famous soon enoughccccombo.killer will become famous soon enough

What ohm is the midbass in this set? i know the set is 2.6 ohm with the passives. But since the tweeters are 6 ohm individually, i was wondering if the midbass had a funky impedance as well.

Oh and these speakers do sound great! But with the passive xo at around 1k, im pretty sure i can get much more out of them by running active. Il let you guys know how it goes.
ccccombo.killer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 101 meantaco will become famous soon enoughmeantaco will become famous soon enoughmeantaco will become famous soon enoughmeantaco will become famous soon enoughmeantaco will become famous soon enoughmeantaco will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccccombo.killer View Post
What ohm is the midbass in this set? i know the set is 2.6 ohm with the passives. But since the tweeters are 6 ohm individually, i was wondering if the midbass had a funky impedance as well.

Oh and these speakers do sound great! But with the passive xo at around 1k, im pretty sure i can get much more out of them by running active. Il let you guys know how it goes.
How do you like the mid range,mid bass?Do they have authority?
meantaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 ChotaBoy will become famous soon enoughChotaBoy will become famous soon enoughChotaBoy will become famous soon enoughChotaBoy will become famous soon enoughChotaBoy will become famous soon enoughChotaBoy will become famous soon enough

Anyone know the impedance on the woofers only?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccccombo.killer View Post

ChotaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013   #30

Rep Power: 74 djPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enough

Too bad there wasn't a 5.25 option as well...anybody know of an option that might compliment these well?
djPerfectTrip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2013   #31
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 354 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Um... what?

P560C | 5-1/4" (130mm) 2-way component system | JBL US

P562 | 5-¼" two-way Power Series® speakers | JBL US
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013   #32

Rep Power: 74 djPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enoughdjPerfectTrip will become famous soon enough

^^^Neither of those are component sets.
Old 09-06-2013   #33
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 354 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

The first one is. I'm not sure why they don't show the tweeter on the component set on the JBL page.

JBL P560c Component Systems at Onlinecarstereo.com

JBL P560C 5-1/4" 2-way Power Series Component Speakers System

JBL P560C

And even if the JBL page was only listing the mids with the crossover, you can always purchase this in addition...

P26T | 1" Power Series edge-driven dome tweeters | JBL US

JBL P26t 1" Power Series Edge-Driven Dome Tweeters
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013   #34

Weird, thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-28-2014   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 126 rlee777 will become famous soon enoughrlee777 will become famous soon enoughrlee777 will become famous soon enoughrlee777 will become famous soon enoughrlee777 will become famous soon enoughrlee777 will become famous soon enough

Installed the P660c in our Honda Odyssey (mids in stock location, tweeters in the A-pillars), replacing the DLS RS6A. Without tuning (all flat) and the crossovers at -6db with the high ear-level tweeters, the JBLs immediately sounded more dynamic with a powerful midbass. Tweeters angled at 45 degrees L and 20 degrees R from the driver, crossfiring. RTA showed an amazingly flat response from 150Hz to 4Khz, sloping downward at -6db/octave to 15Khz.

Tonight I compensated with a 10Khz wide-Q boost, now showing a nice -4db/octave slope in the higher treble. Did some tweaking with the sub level and sat back amazed. Before, my reference system were the Dayton RS180/Vifa NE19VTS combo running active in my other car. But these JBL P660c with the passives are every bit as dynamic, can take the full 75 watts and sound clear and linear with the added power (problem with the DLS -- power compression issues). Read in a Russian review of the European version of the P660c that they found the mid-high distortion levels to be very low and I believe that.

More pluses -- versatile mounting hardware (esp like the tweeter mounts), shallow depth (2.25"), and the use of air inductors in the Xovers.

Now I am thinking to try to run these P660c active, but for now I am greatly enjoying these budget components....
rlee777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015   #36

Rep Power: 60 credible will become famous soon enoughcredible will become famous soon enoughcredible will become famous soon enoughcredible will become famous soon enoughcredible will become famous soon enoughcredible will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativegain View Post
these were midbass monsters while they lasted.
the surrounds separated from the cone on both of my mids and one of my roommates set. i was sending mine signal from two channels of my memphis belle(115watts @ 2ohms) and they only lasted approx. 7 months. the tweet from this set is very laid back and pleasant during long listening sessions. not as detailed as some of the other tweets i have had, but i liked them very much.
it's a real shame that the mids destroyed themselves as i liked the midbass they delivered.
any ideas on how i might go about repairing the mids' surround, or are they doorstops now?
Ya I know its an old thread but happy it was hear to read about the JBL's but I recently had this happen with my Image Dynamics and I used double sided carpet tape between the frame and the woofer, then put a small amount of duck tape on top, lol, ikr but damn they sound better then when new.

Unreal.
credible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement