Melodic Acoustic Euphoria Trilogy: First Look - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 149 strakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura aboutstrakele has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Melodic Acoustic Euphoria Trilogy: First Look

I use the midrange and tweeter from this set and am quite happy with them. The 8.9 is a great dedicated midrange to use between 250-5000Hz or so and the tweeter is very nice and smooth, yet still highly detailed.

Compared to Mark's previous offerings, the Euphoria 8.9 is the most efficient by a fairly good margin and will play the lowest, but it is not a fullrange driver - you will need a tweeter up top. I'm not going to list of bunch of fru-fru SQ adjectives, but basically it is a highly capable midrange, especially for its size.

The tweeter is small enough to fit most anywhere and you'd never complain about harshness. It won't play as low as 1" tweeters, but it covers the top end very nicely. I have the mids crossed between 250 and 3500 and the tweeters from 4500 and up (acoustic crossover points).

Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log
Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, Arc, Clarion, JL, Xtant/Morel, Beyma, Acoustic Elegance

Living Room System Build Log
Denon, Behringer, DIYSG, Eminence, Celestion, Denovo, Energy, Alpine
strakele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 98 WestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Come on Joe, I thought you were dedicated. The speakers are in a little box that will fit in the trunk, right next to that McIntosh or Zed or Arc SE since I can't keep up with you. You will eat way too much turkey and can work on installing the speakers to work some of the food off. Then you'll be able to listen to said speakers all the way back from Indiana and can then give us your opinion...before December. Any other plan is an excuse and an affront to being a dedicated car audio enthusiast. Now, please don't ask me about my Illusions install because this is about you...not me.
Ha, ha...

Well my flight leaves tomorrow at 6:00 so everyone is going to need to be patient, myself included.

My system plans are to sell the mcc406m and the levi v3. Going to run the comp modded 4200se and the stock 2300se for the front stage.

HU is a modified eclipse 8443; done by matt r and the ps8 for processing. I found a used Arc DXE analog processor that I may poke around with in time.

If these are REALLY good, I will sell my set of illusion c4's. But time will tell.

I speak the truth because I care...
Pioneer ODR RS-D7xIII / RS-P90X; Modded Zapco C2k 4.0; Stock C2k 6.0; 2 - ID12; Illusion Audio C8; Scanspeak 2904-6000
WestCo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 98 WestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enoughWestCo will become famous soon enough

The a6000gti I will install for the subs (custom reconed IDmax 12's). Just for fun.

I speak the truth because I care...
Pioneer ODR RS-D7xIII / RS-P90X; Modded Zapco C2k 4.0; Stock C2k 6.0; 2 - ID12; Illusion Audio C8; Scanspeak 2904-6000
WestCo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013   #29

Rep Power: 80 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCo View Post
If these are REALLY good, I will sell my set of illusion c4's. But time will tell.
Hold up...my plan was to sell MY set of Illusion C4s if YOUR Euphoria set is that nice. I'm used to you buying and selling equipment so I thought that was how we were going to do it...your Euphoria set was going to become my Euphoria set.
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 142 gsxrtin will become famous soon enoughgsxrtin will become famous soon enoughgsxrtin will become famous soon enoughgsxrtin will become famous soon enoughgsxrtin will become famous soon enoughgsxrtin will become famous soon enough

Any updates on this install?
gsxrtin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2015   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 lust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytophigh View Post
Thank all of you guys. Mark that was exactly the information I needed. I've got a Lexus CT200 that I affectionately call the Cargina. I've gone from a GTO to 130hp hybrid. It has 6.5s in the doors, three 3.5s in the dash (center channel), and tweets in the A pillars. I've been eye humping these speakers after reading your fallout with DAT. I'll leave that be but let's just say, in my opinion, I want to spend money with you after reading it. You'll have to wait until my divorce is final....but once it is, I'm the boss of the checkbook again lol.

I have some concerns about the three 3.5s sounding "odd" coming off the windshield, but this is probably not the place to ask. I'm in Georgia semi often as my office is in Atlanta. You anywhere close where I might take a listen, or buy you lunch?

OP....hurry up and get those beauties up and running. I want your impression!
"Cargina" LMAO!! How about "Twatbrid" there's also "C*ntbrid" but that's only acceptable if you're in the UK..

I drink too much coffee, I have the attention span of a ferret, my life is chock-full-o loose ends and half finished projects. My latest install is ugly, but it sure does sound pretty..

Last edited by lust4sound; 06-08-2015 at 07:17 PM..
lust4sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2015   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 lust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enough

And thanks for sharing all the useful info on this thread.. I too just got offered a deal on a trade for these.. I am all for a stout midbass driver that will thump in the OEM door location.. So it's my understanding that these are pure midbass drivers, from 60 to 500Hz?
That blows my option of using the Pioneer DEH-80PRS with an additional 2 way active xo between mid and tweet, but there are other options.. Great read, thanks again!

I drink too much coffee, I have the attention span of a ferret, my life is chock-full-o loose ends and half finished projects. My latest install is ugly, but it sure does sound pretty..
Old 06-08-2015   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Question, what is a good price on a preowned set of these, presumably in good condition?

Old 06-10-2015   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

anyone? a good price preowned?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement