Average Joe Review: Illusion Audio C6 Carbon - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2015   #51
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,094 Posts
Rep Power: 440 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. That's fucked

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 150 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Default Re: Average Joe Review: Illusion Audio C6 Carbon

This is ridiculous. If I ran my company like that I would be closed down before Summer.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2015   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 120 DLO13 will become famous soon enoughDLO13 will become famous soon enoughDLO13 will become famous soon enoughDLO13 will become famous soon enoughDLO13 will become famous soon enoughDLO13 will become famous soon enoughDLO13 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to DLO13 Send a message via Skype™ to DLO13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
Good thing I don't drink! LOL
Perhaps they don't appreciate seeing their product used like this?

Please keep in mind that you purchased used gear, not from the original owner, but a 3rd owner. WHO KNOWS how they were stored, how they were kept before they got to you? That mounting hole may give you a good idea of how they were cared for.

The fact that you got a response at all from the company is impressive. You aren't entitled to one, being the third owner.

I have 6's on my dash
2013 Prius Build Log
DLO13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015   #54
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 150 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Oh so its okay for a company to tell you to send them something and then just keep it and blow you off? Dang, been doing it wrong all these years. Stupid me wanting to keep customers happy.
Don't make a shit product and I wont treat it as such.

This is how they were sent to Orca last year:

As you can see the picture of them I posted before was a joke. Yeah an ashtray was emptied into them but that was to convey their worth. I dropped the issue and gave up. An individual from Orca contacted me about doing something. Then they ignored me for a couple months and then they contacted me again and had me send them in and now they are yet again ignoring me.

I am not a noob. This is not my first rodeo. I have purchased more products from Orca over the years than 95% of the people on here. I still buy Orca supplied products. This whole thing has me questioning if I ever will again. If you are not going to do something, fine. Stop poking the bear and leave it be. That is not the case here.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.

Last edited by LaserSVT; 02-06-2015 at 09:42 AM..
Old 02-07-2015   #55
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 354 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

I don't doubt you have issues, and I'm not even going to get into the conversation of what Orca is or isn't willing to do. Or the conversation about whether or not you have a legitimate reason to be upset with Orca. But I will say this...

The picture that you posted with the heading, "This is how they were sent to a Orca last year" means absolutely nothing. You've already posted the picture prior of at least one of the drivers being treated as an ash tray. Cleaning them up, in my opinion, means absolutely nothing. Whether you had the issue prior to "the ash tray incident" is irrelevant at this point. I wouldn't expect any driver to function properly after dumping ashes into them. Cleaning them up and posting the picture of their condition as if they hadn't been abused is a bit deceptive, in my opinion. Even with as much disclosure as appears to have been provided in the past.

Just my 2 cents.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Dont matter. I was not expecting much to happen anyway. I just wanted Orca to return a call or email to let me know what they have been doing with my speakers for the last couple months. If they were not going to do something, fine but give me the speakers back.
It took reopening this wound to get a response. As expected they will not warranty them. Fine, dont care. Really, i dont. I have not gotten word as to if they will send them back to me or not.

If you follow along you will notice i had dropped the issue. An individual from Orca contacted me about it and offered to help. I accepted. After that it was months of waiting and then send them in and wait months more. The communication was nearly inexistent.

The poor performance of these speakers and the lack luster customer service and repeated run around is what makes me want to never own or install a set of Illusions ever again.

Old 02-12-2015   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Well after many calls and emails they sent them back stating the tech couldn't verify the problem. I would imagine as he would need to open the fucking box first.

Orca, I am done with you. I can see not honoring a warranty but they seemed to go out of their way to screw with me.

I sell a customer a transmission. It is $2200 installed. It has a one year warranty. Customer sells car and new owner has a trans issue. I see its due to a failed part installed. You know what I do? I WARRANTY THE DAMN THING.
You go to BMW and buy a used BMW that's still under warranty and guess what? BMW fixes it under warranty.
3 years ago I bought a Rockford Power amp used but it was 4 months old. It lost a channel. Guess what Rockford did? They fixed it under warranty.

Last edited by LaserSVT; 02-12-2015 at 06:45 PM..
Old 02-12-2015   #58

Rep Power: 0 mark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enough

Maybe they don't like smokers!
mark620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015   #59
SQ_TSX

What's the old adage...

"Draw more flies with honey than with vinegar...."

.... pardon me, I'm Southern ...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark620 View Post
Maybe they don't like smokers!
LMAO! +20 internet points.

Moving along....
And I was nice to them many times. I take Jack Daltons advice. Be nice until its time to no longer be nice.

I could see a problem if I used poor quality equipment or havent installed 1000's of components over the years. I could even see a problem if the person I bought them from was a known BS artist (he is the exact opposite) or I could see a problem if the authorized dealer that installed them did it wrong or even if they were out of their warranty period but none of that is the case.
I could also have dropped it had they not decided to run me around for a few more months. Alas they did not.

Not a problem. My customers know the issue and wont even risk trying them. I know how they perform and would never recomend them to anyone.

I have gone on this board and still supported them and said not all have issues. But as a company when you screw someone around like they did to me than I will never buy from them again. That includes Focal.
Monday I got my first set of Focal Be tweeters. Been wanting them and saving for a long time. They were sent back Tuesday. I told my friend why and that I didnt even open them and I would pay all shipping. I did that because gawd forbid something was wrong and I had to deal with Orca again.

I also appologize to most of you here as I am not one to bash but they have managed to push my buttons. I respect most of your opinions and I know I am not coming off in the most positive light here but this company has just ticked me off too much.

Old 08-05-2015   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

I wanted to bump this thread for a few reasons. One is I dont think I gave Illusion a fair shot. I started off with used drivers that apparently were initially installed by a somewhat incompetent installer. Many things could have led to their issues that i experienced. I handled myself poorly when dealing with Orca, specifically Jacob and Nick. All they were trying to do was help and I behaved like an ass.

Since this review was made I have had the opportunity to demo several top level installs with the Illusion speakers and I have to say they are some really sweet sounding speakers. Very smooth and detailed. I have also had the opportunity to hang out with some Orca crew and they are just killer people. Chad, Eric, Chris and all the other guys really made me feel at home and part of the clan. I also just delt with Jacob concerning a mistake on my part with ordering the wrong part for one of my Mosconi amps. Man really knows his stuff and instantly knew what the issue was and what I messed up. Now i am getting the correct part sent and getting it corrected.
Jacob was not only professional but very friendly and let me know there were no grudges. I feel bad for what I had said in the past and wish to also apologize to my followers in these reviews. I didnt give them a fair shake and I promise I will not let it happen again.

Thank you orca for working with me and making me feel like a valued consumer.

Old 08-06-2015   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 188 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Great post in my opinion! Thanks for sharing that experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertholomey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2015   #63

Rep Power: 76 frontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enough

Thank you for setting the record straight and making things right. Good on ya mate!
frontman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2015   #64
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

I messed up and let my frustrations get the best of me and then behaved poorly when they were just following the rules. That was simply wrong. Yes my Illusion drives had issues that were not my fault but after learning a few things from members on here and from some I met at car shows it seems I have a better understanding of the root problems.

The lesson here is when dealing with high end equipment you should ONLY use an authorized dealer and if a deal seems too good to be true than it probably is.
I will make sure future reviews that I do not let such a thing happen again so that when I make a recommendation on a product I test that people can have faith in what I am saying.

I wish I could go back and clean up most of this thread but what is done is done.

When the Illusion components are installed properly and not abused they are quite capeable speakers. Nice and crisp tweeters with excellent detail. The mid-woofers are very smooth with the vocals and have great detail in string instruments. They are a bit weak on impact below 160hz but they are very shallow and any good sub crossed over at 80hz helps to take up the slack well enough.

At the risk of upsetting people, I do not think they are $1000 level speakers though. $500-$600 would be a much better price for them. At a grand I would lean more to Hertz Mille or Focal K2 Powers although the Illusion tweeter does sound a bit nicer than the Focals. But heck, $750 will get you the entry level Sinfoni components and those are down right impressive. Cant think of any full component systems in that price range that sound nicer.

Now you switch that Illusion to the C8 and its a different story. The C8 has some very nice impact in the 60-200 range and stays very composed all the way until the tweeter takes over. Kinda shocked me for an 8".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement