PPI DSP-88R - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014   #26

Rep Power: 63 BlueGhost will become famous soon enoughBlueGhost will become famous soon enoughBlueGhost will become famous soon enoughBlueGhost will become famous soon enoughBlueGhost will become famous soon enoughBlueGhost will become famous soon enoughBlueGhost will become famous soon enough

Default Re: PPI DSP-88R

I found this review. It's not too detailed, but seems to be the Russian branded equivalent of the DSP-88R.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
BlueGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014   #27

Rep Power: 66 Tacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys. still trying to get the hang of tuning and now I have another button to play with? great. I can finally just hop in the truck without having to unplug or plug something in or deal with fatiguing highs. I can really listen and critique from song to song and get this thing dialed in. got to give a shout out to the ML 1600's, couldn't have stumbled on a better deal than I got on these.

Idmax10v3, Hertz ML1600 & ML28, PPI DSP-88R, Alpine mrx-m110, Hertz EP-4, Pioneer deh-x6500bt, big 3 and extra battery, 2" lift and 33's. i'm on a relentless pursuit of audio perfection.
Tacoma Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Bobyota will become famous soon enoughBobyota will become famous soon enoughBobyota will become famous soon enoughBobyota will become famous soon enoughBobyota will become famous soon enoughBobyota will become famous soon enough

Tacoma, can you tell me where you got this DSP for $200? This toy looks too good to pass up
Bobyota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014   #29

Rep Power: 87 Jepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enoughJepalan will become famous soon enough

All - I've been researching the Harmony and DSP-88R, including running the software applications in offline mode and can't find an answer to this:

How are the four "CD" speaker level inputs (FL, FR, RL, RR) connected into the eight output channels (A thru H)? Are they summed as equal inputs to all the processing channels?
Jepalan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014   #30

Rep Power: 66 Tacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enoughTacoma Dynamics will become famous soon enough

I got mine from online car stereo. I always forget to check my old threads.

Idmax10v3, Hertz ML1600 & ML28, PPI DSP-88R, Alpine mrx-m110, Hertz EP-4, Pioneer deh-x6500bt, big 3 and extra battery, 2" lift and 33's. i'm on a relentless pursuit of audio perfection.
Tacoma Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2014   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 stereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the rough

This is still for sale.

Chuck

HU, Processor, Amps, Drivers.
stereo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 127 instalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enough

can I run this unit without that outboard volume box.?
instalher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2015   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 947 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
can I run this unit without that outboard volume box.?

Let me answer for you, since we were talking about the Harmony unit.

You must have it connected, it appears. It claims to be optional but also appears to be an important connected item, when it comes to how this unit works with storing and recalling files.

You won't need to access it very often though. You could make it semi-buried, like in the glove box or something if you want.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
fourthmeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015   #34

Rep Power: 49 cggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enough

This looks like the perfect fit for my build...
So, the consensus is that this is a worthwhile entry level DSP?
No difference between Harmony and PPI other than the case?
cggorman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 158 Lycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura aboutLycancatt has a spectacular aura about

I must say, I've worked with a client who bought one of these, and it was endless problem after problem. The interface is needlessly complex and saving is not automatic, meaning you must remember this important step or lose all your work.

the low level output of the rca jacks is a serious problem, it seems to create noise, and even adding a line driver after this unit just amplified the noise. The controller is a nice addition and actually makes this unit pretty cool, but the lack of support from ppi as well as the build quality and flexibility makes this a hard pass for me.

The unit we installed had wiring harness issues, to the point that half the time the amplifiers didn't turn on hooked into the remote output, and we soon replaced this unit with a rf 360.3.

all in all I'd call this one a pass, which sucks because I had high hopes for it.
Lycancatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 1996blackmax will become famous soon enough1996blackmax will become famous soon enough1996blackmax will become famous soon enough1996blackmax will become famous soon enough1996blackmax will become famous soon enough1996blackmax will become famous soon enough

At one point I was considering this unit. I ended up going with the DEQ.8. I had read about the issues people had with this unit. The DEQ.8 has been easy to use & no issues with it. I just picked up a controller for it....plan on installing that soon.

AudioControl: LC2i PPI: DEQ.8
Scan-Speak: Rev 18W, Discovery 10F, Illuminator R3004
Stereo Integrity: MAG V3 D2
Rockford Fosgate: Power T800-4ad, T400-4, T1000-1bdCP
1996blackmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015   #37

Rep Power: 58 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

Bought the harmony but had problems so returned it. Got the 88R and things have been fine. No noise, no saving issues. Works as it should and only hiccup I've had is the application crashing when I keep it open between tuning sessions, like if you keep the app open and take your laptop inside, take it out to the car again the next day and plug in the 88r, the application will crash so you have to restart the pc software each day or each session you plug it in.

85' JDM Prelude Si

Pioneer|Soundstream|Audible Physics
Kazuhiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015   #38

Rep Power: 49 cggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enoughcggorman will become famous soon enough

OK. Sounds pretty risky. MiniDSP it is. Thanks!
cggorman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement