New SINFONI Esordio Amps / Appassionato & Maestoso Speakers - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2014   #26

Rep Power: 60 jmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: New SINFONI Esordio Amps / Appassionato & Maestoso Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ_TSX View Post
I actually mounted one of these on a wall for a customer to provide power for his executive office system...
While I'm still dreaming here and just out of curiosity, what sort of power supply was used to feed the amp?

I understand these are statement pieces but I'm sure many of us have crunched the numbers and considered putting off a vacation in order to enjoy some ultra high end equipment. Two weeks of sheer "joy" with the family or a full year of listening pleasure in a confined space... alone... with no arguing.

This serious consideration then raises the question... are these components really worth the price? Are they that much better than a 2k set? Is it all about the out of reach price tag? I suppose points could be argued on both sides but I'm focused on the sound quality. Is it actually possible to build a driver that far exceeds its competition and commands such a serious cost? Do $40K towers sound $38k better than a $2k no name factory direct offering using similar drivers and cabinets? Then again, it's subject to interpretation by the listener.

I guess I'm done dreaming now. Sinfoni makes some beautiful products and I hope I have an opportunity to listen to some in person one day (though I doubt a CT dealer exists). Perhaps on the next FUN family outing to Disney World...
jmmdm2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014   #27
SQ_TSX

JMMDM2:
From what I recall it was a PC power supply. I didn't do the wiring in the office. I just delivered and installed the amplifier to the existing custom wiring.

As for the Grandisio speakers... I really can't comment on them as I do not have personal experience with them. I do know that the designer for Sinfoni worked on the Grandisio project for about 4 years... continually refining the speakers and concept. They worked on voicing the passive filter a year... that's dedication to a project...!

Sent from my SM-G900V
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 334 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmdm2 View Post
$6600... how could I ever justify that? I've considered spending $2k on a Dyn set but $6600... I don't know why I'm even writing about it other than to simply sit here in awe of the price. I'll have to wait for a 10% coupon.
FYI, the Maestoso speakers without crossovers would be under the $2k mark and would compare very well with the Dyns.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 133 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

I figure since I was able to hear these beautiful...no, gorgeous speakers I should voice my humble opinion.

First of all, the Esordio Riff amplifier is quite possibly the most beautiful amp I have ever seen. Would be a shame to mount it where it won't be seen. It seemed to have very good dynamics and an abundance of power on tap. It sent an uncolored signal to the speakers so they would reproduce the recording and nothing else, no noise, no crap, just quality. Nothing at all bad to say about it. Terminals were top notch, overall build quality superb.

As far as the Appassionato speakers, I actually kind of like the white because they are different although they probably won't match very well in a vehicle. So the fact that they come in black is a plus. After immediately hearing this comp set I thought that they had a bunch of fun factor. They can get loud cleanly while maintaining composure. For the bottom of the lineup they have exceptional detail. I felt the tweeter was smooth and really pleasant to listen to. Yes maybe they lacked some midbass but regardless they were very accurate.

As for the Maestoso T series. Words cannot describe some of the magic I heard. What stood out to me was the upper midrange detail. I have not heard this level of midrange detail out of a 6.5" speaker ever. The lower midbass was very very real and clean sounding. Specifically, finger picks on a bass guitar and the resonance sound of the string was as real as a bass player sitting next to me with his guitar. I can't imagine it getting better than what I heard. I felt the tweeter was a tad hot on axis for MY liking, but that can be easily resolved. They seemed that they would be easy to tune and had great sparkle and detail. cymbals sounded like cymbals, acoustic guitars sounded like acoustic guitars and they blended together nicely. Very natural reproduction again with a great level of detail.

I really really really enjoyed listening to them. Even a bad recording sounded good on these speakers. If I had the money they would be in my car. In fact, in a completely blind test I chose these as a dedicated midrange over another high end midrange driver, the Dynaudio 15w something or another which itself is a FANTASTIC driver. So hopefully that tells you something about the quality of these speakers.

As of now the only thing I can say negatively about them is that again, it would be a big shame to install these in a car where they won't be seen, including the crossover. They are just too pretty to look at.

I also got to hear the tiny midrange drivers. They seemed to have a nice passband and yes they extended quite low for their size. I agree with Jerry that they probably should be crossed at 250hz or higher unless you only listen at quiet volumes. They extended low but will hit xmax at loud volumes with a low crossover point so be smart with the crossover. And by low I mean 150hz or so. They could be a great midrange driver in a car for two reasons, #1 super small and easy to install, #2 had good detail with a very usable passband. It shouldn't be hard to run a midbass up these and make them blend well.

Jerry, thank you for the wonderful opportunity to hear these. They were a delight to see and hear.

Alpine HU, Alpine H800
Sinfoni Solo AD-LIB powering Sinfoni Eroico M series
Arc Audio XDI 1100.1 powering IDMAX 12

Car...sounds...awesome!!!
kizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #30

Rep Power: 60 jmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizz View Post
Specifically, finger picks on a bass guitar and the resonance sound of the string was as real as a bass player sitting next to me with his guitar.
This is what I experience in my HT when listening to Jeffrey Gains "In Your Eyes" acoustic version. I guess that's mostly a higher range guitar through the Scanspeaks but same result.

So under 2k for the set plus x for the T3VX plus x for the C89M... I'd guess ~ $3.5k?
jmmdm2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014   #31

12V Company:
Octave
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Octave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enough

Default New SINFONI Esordio Amps / Appassionato & Maestoso Speakers

It's official. Sinfoni now at Octave. Having the product in and actually getting to feel the equipment makes you smile. The quality is off the scale and they are simply stunning.

Here's the shipping enclosure, can't say box, and it is impressive. First the lid is screwed on with 2" screws and then the amplifier itself is screwed to the enclosure for truly secure shipping.

Here's the Tempo series amplifier. The beauty just doesn't end.

If you're close to the Florida area and interested in these amplifiers give me a ring. I'll answer whatever questions you may have.
Octave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014   #32
SQ_TSX

Fantastic.... you're going to LOVE that Prestigio !

It's hard to truly appreciate just how gorgeous the Sinfoni product is without seeing it in person.

Sent from my SM-G900V
Old 09-22-2014   #33

12V Company:
Octave
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Octave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ_TSX View Post
Fantastic.... you're going to LOVE that Prestigio !

It's hard to truly appreciate just how gorgeous the Sinfoni product is without seeing it in person.

Sent from my SM-G900V
All of this is for John's (subterFUSE) Audi.

Yes I agree. Seeing it was one thing. Having it in your hands is just unreal. Can't wait to get some listening in.

I have more equipment on the way so I'll update as soon as it arrives.
Octave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014   #34
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 125 soccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enough

Would love to try Sinfoni class A
I am using 50.4x driving cheapest Focal comps and speakers and loving it.

edit: wondering what are the dimensions of the class A prestigio?
soccerguru607 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014   #35
SQ_TSX

I'm toying with the idea of using a Prestigio and Prodigio....

Sent from my SM-G900V
Old 09-22-2014   #36
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 143 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguru607 View Post
wondering what are the dimensions of the class A prestigio?
I still haven't seen the amps in person yet, but here are the specs on the Prestigio from the wesbite:

Quote:
Prestigio | La Prima

- Completely dual mono amplifier.
- Class A circuitry for a better detail of sound.
- Design and aesthetics derived directly from Desiderio.

Specifications:
Power supply: 10-14.4Vcc
Standby current: <6A
Input sensivity: 0.4-8V
Input impedance: 48KΩ
Current draw: 76A
Output power 4Ω @ 12V: 65Wx2
Output power 2Ω @ 12V: 120Wx2
Output power 1Ω @ 12V: 220Wx2
Output power mono 4Ω @ 12V: 240Wx1
Output power mono 2Ω @ 12V: 440Wx1
Frequency response: +/-1dB 10Hz-30KHz
Signal/Noise ratio: <100dB
Dimensions (WxHxD): 410x85x250mm
Weight: 7.2Kg

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN
subterFUSE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2014   #37
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 125 soccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enough

Do they make a four channel?

How much better is La Prima compared to Tempo/Amplitude?
Like to know price? I know its going to be expensive.

When a manufacture only need to make upgrades or new models every like 10 years you know they were made extremely well.
Old 09-22-2014   #38
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 143 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguru607 View Post
Do they make a four channel?
The LaPrima series are all two-channel amps. The Prestigio and Desiderio are actually "dual mono" amplifiers. They have two channels, but each channel uses separate power connections from the battery.

The Tempo series offers a 4-channel amp called the Presto Ad-Lib.

And the Escordio series has two amplifiers with 4-channels.

Contact Octave for more details.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
Old 09-22-2014   #39
Upgrade Your Membership!

Thank you very much for the info. man....
Appreciated!!!
Old 10-06-2014   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 148 SynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enoughSynRG will become famous soon enough

As former distributor Sinfoni America, I could not be happier to learn that Emilios Mandalios will be the new distributor for Sinfoni here. I have had several dealings with Emilios over the years, and have nothing but good things to say about him. He's one of the good guys, consummate professional. He is very knowledgeable and experienced in high-end mobile audio, and well respected. Emilios will bring the resources, experience, and passion for mobile audio, far beyond what I was able to bring to bear, that I believe will bring Sinfoni the recognition and success it deserves.

I had several memorable interactions with the principals at Sinfoni at CES, and by correspondence, and these are some of my most cherished memories. I can tell you that they are passionate about audio. Extended collaborative listening tests in comparison with the finest home audio components are the final step in the development of this equipment. If they feel that any component brings more life to the music they will do whatever is necessary in the design to include it. These are people that are passionate about life, and seek excellence in everything that surrounds them, and are lovers of music.

You will always find Sinfoni on the short list of best SQ components because they are rooted in the love of music and of the finest in audio. But to focus only on their audio performance is to focus only on one aspect of the Sinfoni experience. Elegant simplicity in design is a hallmark of the finest designers and all Sinfoni products are steeped in this elegance. Their visual aesthetic is exemplary of the best in Italian design. But yet another facet that may be missed is that most all the parts of the parts in Sinfoni's construction, (with the exception of the electronic components themselves like capacitors, resistors, transistors, etc.) are carefully made by the best craftsmen in the Macerata area of Italy, a location renowned for its artisans, craftsmen, and metallurgy. So the design itself is wonderfully rendered, matched by the finest craftmanship Italy has to offer.

Certainly Sinfoni is appreciated and highly regarded for its excellent sound, but those who purchase Sinfoni are most often also connoisseurs of the finer things in life for their artistic and aesthetic value. These are the kind of people who might collect fine firearms, works of art, or who might spend an inordinate amount of time at a hod rod show appreciating the design and creativity of the creator, or who would own a Porsche by virtue of its timelessness, or might savor the brutally elegant simplicity of a Ducati motorcycle. So, the Sinfoni buyer is likely to appreciate their ownership of Sinfoni products as a tribute to great design.

The owners of Sinfoni are also wine connoisseurs, and know that the best wines only come into their own when appropriately paired with great food. I think the pairing of Sinfoni with Emilios Mandalios could not be a better match.

Best Regards
SynRG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014   #41
SQ_TSX

John,

Excellent writing... as usual...

Wonderful thoughts on a wonderful product line.... from the man who introduced Mr to Sinfoni... quite a few years ago....

Sent from my SM-G900V
Old 10-15-2014   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 334 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just got in a set of Eroico 2-way Speakers.......Beautiful!!!!

(Oh, and Octave, those amp you showed are absolutely stunning!!!!)

Old 10-15-2014   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 133 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

Here are some more from the Eroico set. The midbass looks stunningly similar to the Maestoso midbass and feels just as solid and heavy. Tweeter is the same as the one in the Appassionato but in black. Crossover has tweeter options for 0db, -1.5b, and -3db.

Alpine HU, Alpine H800
Sinfoni Solo AD-LIB powering Sinfoni Eroico M series
Arc Audio XDI 1100.1 powering IDMAX 12

Car...sounds...awesome!!!
kizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 rxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enoughrxonmymind will become famous soon enough

Absolutely stunning. Love to hear these in Northern CA. I'll leave my CC at home. Lol.... That's a lot of over time. Aya! They are gorgeous!!
rxonmymind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014   #45
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post

(Oh, and Octave, those amp you showed are absolutely stunning!!!!)

I saw them in person a couple of weeks ago. Even more impressive when you actually see them. The pictures only do them partial justice.

They are very compact and heavy, and just exude quality.
The entire case is the heat sink, and they feel like they are solid blocks. Like a gold brick No wasted space inside.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro

Last edited by subterFUSE; 10-16-2014 at 05:02 AM..
Old 11-25-2014   #46
SQ_TSX

Just picked up my Maestoso set....
Waiting for the C250.2sw to arrive and get started on my install. I'll be posting a build log as well as my thoughts on the speaker set and subwoofer...
Old 11-25-2014   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

New Upgrade for my demo car....more pics to follow once it's complete.

"For Music Lovers"
Old 11-25-2014   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 151 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

Nice !

2013 VW CC and as I said down low!

When You Think Your Done! Reality is..... is just the beginning
quickaudi07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015   #49
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Well guys, the new Sinfoni amplifiers are finally in my car and playing. We plan to have a full build log and detailed review before too long, but I wanted to post up my quick impressions.

First of all, these amplifiers are a beautiful sight to behold. From the wooden crate used to ship the Prestigio, to the compact and solid casing with brushed aluminum finish, these amps exude quality. I also found impressive the very compact size of the Presto and Grave amplifiers, yet when you pick them up and feel the weight you are surprised by their heft. You just know they are going to punch above their class.

Russ @ Octave did an incredible job with a challenging installation. That part we will cover in the build log.

While I have only just begun to work with the tuning, I am enjoying the added power and clarity. Right out of the gate, I could notice a difference over my previous setup. There is so much headroom now, and even without EQ there was a clarity which I had not heard before. After a short drive where I couldn't help but push the volume, I was texting Russ to share my excitement over the seemingly effortless power of the system.

More to come soon.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
Old 03-01-2015   #50
SQ_TSX

Congrats on the new install !!!

Really looking forward to hearing your detailed thoughts
Sponsored Links