New SINFONI Esordio Amps / Appassionato & Maestoso Speakers - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2014   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 334 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Default New SINFONI Esordio Amps / Appassionato & Maestoso Speakers

Sinfoni has been widely recognized as a manufacturer of very High-End Car Audio Amplifiers over the years. Their Tempo and La Prima series of amplifiers are absolutely stunning in design and sound.

Emilios Mandalios, owner of Audio Excellent - the new US Distributer of Sinfoni, recently sent me some of the new Sinfoni products to test out. Sinfoni has expanded their line-up to include a new amplifier line, named Esordio and has greatly improved on their entire line-up of speakers, offering 4 full lines of speakers, subs, and dedicated new midrange. I had the opportunity to listen to the new Esordio Riff amplifier, the Maestoso T Series Component Speakers, the Appassionato E Series Component Speakers, and the Capriccio C89M Midrange.

Esordio Riff

The Esordio Riff is a Class A/B Amplifier rated at 95Wx2 @ 4ohm, 12volt. It measures 280x50x245mm.

My first impression is that Sinfoni hit it out of the park again with a gorgeous design and looks and feels very well built. This amp has a brushed aluminum titanium finish and the center piece is made from white leather. It has a HP/LP Crossover Pre-Amp section with a variable LP from 40Hz to 250Hz and HP from 40Hz to 1KHz, with a Bass Boost from 6dB to 12dB at 45Hz.

Pics:

Listening Impression:
Anyone who has heard a Sinfoni amp can attest to their sound, power and control. This amp had the typical Sinfoni sound and control and sounded like it had much more power than it was rated for. We put the amplifier through all the paces, listening to all different types of music and at different listening levels and the amp sounded performed flawlessly and for more than 5 hours of listening, and never even got warm. This amp is definitely Sinfoni quality and anyone looking for the high-end Sinfoni sound at a more budget friendly price should consider the new Esordio series!

Appassionato E Series Component Speakers
The Appassionato E Series Component Speakers is the new entry level speakers in the Sinfoni lineup.

When I first opened this set, I noticed the white finish, which was a little interesting, as I'm not sure too many people want a bright white tweeter in their car (unless behind factory grills). I shared this concern immediately and was told that this set does also come in black and that the white model was to simply bring attention to the new line. Now that I had that concern out of the way, I was ready to really check these over. They certainly had the look/feel of a entry level set from a high-end company, which is a good thing.

Pics:

Listening Impression:
These were stunning to listen to. What was most apparent was the huge soundstage, incredible imaging and detail. It definitely put a smile on my face and made me scratch my head a little. As nice as they looked, I wouldn't have ever imagined the kind of sound these were able to produce. In fact, the only real knock I could give them is that the mid bass was a little lacking. These speakers were able to get very nice and loud and the detail and imaging was right up there with some of the best (and much more expensive) speakers available. It was very apparent that Sinfoni put a generous amount of time and effort into creating an entry level set that will hold their own at any price level.

Maestoso T Series Component Speakers
The Maestoso T Series Component Speakers are the 2nd to highest in the Sinfoni lineup.

This set has the look and feel of a very high end set of speakers.

The T165W 6.5" is a gorgeous speaker. It features a glass fiber/carbon fiber light-weight cone, stainless steel front ring and a very hefty magnet.

The T25T Tweeter is a soft dome tweeter in a brushed aluminum housing with a very low F(s) of 970Hz.

The T2VX optional crossover is literally a work of art. It has a crossover point of 2,500Hz, with an 18dB/octave slope and selectable tweeter attenuation of 0, -3 and -6dB.

Pics:

Listening Impression:
These took the good of the Appassionato series and raised it several levels. They exhibited the same huge soundstage, incredible imaging and detail, but added the mid bass punch and pop the Appassionato series was missing. The T25T tweeters were definitely designed with the car in mind, as them seem a hair on the bright side when directly on-axis, but off-axis, they smooth out but with incredible detail. Since most car tweeters are mounted off-axis, this is a good thing. The T165W 6.5" had excellent detail and extension (with a usable frequency range of 60-8000Hz) with very quick mid bass pop. The listening test didn't seem to show anything that this set struggled with. A truly high-end set that will compete will with the best of the best.

Capriccio C89M Midrange
The Capriccio C89M Midrange is the new dedicated midrange from Sinfoni.

This midrange looks like it fits with the Maestoso series, but is meant to be used with any of the Sinfoni lineup to create a 3-way front stage. This comes only with a set of midrange speakers, so you would need to have an active setup, as they do not offer a 3-way passive crossover. These midrange are very small and very lightweight, but look gorgeous.

Pics:

Listening Impression:
What I noticed most about these was how low they seemed to extend, which was quite impressive considering the small size. The exhibited a nice amount of detail and seemed to play very smooth/accurate throughout their recommended passband of 150-12,000Hz. I would probably keep these a little higher than the 150Hz, as they will fund out of Xmax quickly, but they are VERY good midrange divers from 250HZ and up. These are midrange that sound much larger than their size and seem perfect for a pillar/dash custom install or even a factory midrange replacement in the door panel, where many aftermarket midrange can fit.

SINFONI IS BACK!!!!!
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 125 soccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: New SINFONI Esordio Amps / Appassionato & Maestoso Speakers

Thank you very much for the review!!!
I love my Sinfoni 50.4x
soccerguru607 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 iroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enough

Very nice looking
iroller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 143 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Nice review.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN

Last edited by subterFUSE; 09-17-2014 at 05:09 PM..
subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 iroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enoughiroller will become famous soon enough

Jerry are you going to be a dealer for Sinfoni ?
iroller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 334 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroller View Post
Jerry are you going to be a dealer for Sinfoni ?
Yes, I will be a dealer for Sinfoni. Please feel free to PM me or email me if you have any questions. [email protected]
Old 09-15-2014   #7

Rep Power: 78 etroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enough

autokraftgt said you had some nice stuff to show everyone and he was dead on. Wish I had a chance to hear these as I bet they are incredible.
etroze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014   #8
SQ_TSX

I just have to post my thoughts on Sinfoni, Emilios and Jerry....

Sinfoni, Some of the finest mobile audio products available...
Absolutely love everything they produce. I know for a fact that the Esordio amplifiers and the Grandisio speaker line have been in the works for over 4 years... When they bring out a new product, it only hits the market when Sinfoni is happy with it. The management is also some of the best in the business.

Emilios Mandalios of Audio Excellent
Emilios is a pure pleasure to deal with and hands down one of the most knowledgeable minds in mobile audio. For so many years he was the driving force behind Dynaudio mobile...
Emilios and Sinfoni are a PERFECT match !

Jerry Neiber and HDMA
Jerry is one of those guys that recognizes true quality when he sees it. He knows the Sinfoni product very well and will be an amazing representative for the brand !

Lastly, I am SO glad to see Sinfoni back in the USA... The discerning mobile audio enthusiast in the US are in for a real treat !

Best wishes,
Jeremy
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 86 autokraftgt will become famous soon enoughautokraftgt will become famous soon enoughautokraftgt will become famous soon enoughautokraftgt will become famous soon enoughautokraftgt will become famous soon enoughautokraftgt will become famous soon enough

I was not able to hear this gear in person, but I def saw them and it is some beautiful stuff!!!
autokraftgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #10

12V Company:
Octave
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Octave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enoughOctave will become famous soon enough

I've only known Sinfoni by name and its reputation. When Emilios told me he was going to bring the line back to the states I knew it was going to be something special. I've been dealing with Emilios for over 5 years now and I pretty much take him at his word and its always been spot on. Yet again he hit the mark with the Sinfoni line. The equipment is just a work of visual and audio art. I will be the Florida dealer for Sinfoni and look forward to the many projects I already have on the books featuring Sinfoni. I'm also glad to be continuing working with Emilios on his new venture.
Octave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #11
SQ_TSX

I can tell you with the utmost confidence... The Sinfoni product line, from the Tempo to the La Prima, are TOP SHELF.... Not much compares...

I did not include the Esordio series because it is the only Sinfoni product I have not personally held in my hands and/or installed...

Also, the La Prima Series... is simply heavenly... yes it is expensive, but really must be experienced to be completely appreciated...
Old 09-16-2014   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 125 soccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enoughsoccerguru607 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ_TSX View Post
I can tell you with the utmost confidence... The Sinfoni product line, from the Tempo to the La Prima, are TOP SHELF.... Not much compares...

I did not include the Esordio series because it is the only Sinfoni product I have not personally held in my hands and/or installed...

Also, the La Prima Series... is simply heavenly... yes it is expensive, but really must be experienced to be completely appreciated...
From someone who had Brax matrix it says alot.
I personally choose and use Sinfoni for mid and highs, sound wonderful.
I am thinking upgrade and try Sinfoni comps and speakers.
Thanks to Jerry
soccerguru607 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #13
SQ_TSX

The Sinfoni La Prima amplifiers are simply stunning.... both in presentation and in sound reproduction...

The Prestigio is sweet and airy...
The Prodigio is a velvet brute...
The Desiderio is a statement, pure and simple...!

You will love the speakers as well... Try out the Maestoso T Series... Very well made and sound wonderful.
Old 09-16-2014   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Pinnacle Autosound, Simplicity in Sound EAST

Rep Power: 144 JOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond reputeJOey@simplicityinsound has a reputation beyond repute

"the" Florida dealer? Just one dealer in the whole state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octave View Post
I've only known Sinfoni by name and its reputation. When Emilios told me he was going to bring the line back to the states I knew it was going to be something special. I've been dealing with Emilios for over 5 years now and I pretty much take him at his word and its always been spot on. Yet again he hit the mark with the Sinfoni line. The equipment is just a work of visual and audio art. I will be the Florida dealer for Sinfoni and look forward to the many projects I already have on the books featuring Sinfoni. I'm also glad to be continuing working with Emilios on his new venture.

2013 Mobile Electronics Magazine Top 12 Installer
MECP Advanced Installation Technician
www.1sixty8.com team member
JOey@simplicityinsound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #15

12V Company:
hypersound
Position:
sales

Rep Power: 61 mercury02 will become famous soon enoughmercury02 will become famous soon enoughmercury02 will become famous soon enoughmercury02 will become famous soon enoughmercury02 will become famous soon enoughmercury02 will become famous soon enough

Is there a phone number for Sinfoni Dist.
I know owners I was in involved in 1st wave when they were here
with Audio Development Speakers and Marco was International manager
then 3rd wave the importer was in CA with Rainbow.
mercury02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury02 View Post
Is there a phone number for Sinfoni Dist.
I know owners I was in involved in 1st wave when they were here
with Audio Development Speakers and Marco was International manager
then 3rd wave the importer was in CA with Rainbow.
Emilios Mandalios
Audio Excellent, LLC. distributors of:
Atoll Electronics, Atoll Electronique
Sinfoni, Sinfoni | Quartorigo - car audio instruments
847-774-4619
[email protected]
Old 09-16-2014   #17

Rep Power: 60 jmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enough

So the Grandioso is the top tier Sinfoni offering? I didn't see any actual prices in my brief search but it looks like these are in the Morel Supremo price range. Is that correct, $5600 for a set?
jmmdm2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #18
SQ_TSX

From my understanding the Grandisio is Sinfoni's Top Tier Speaker set.
It was created to mate with the La Prima Desiderio amplifier.
Old 09-16-2014   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmdm2 View Post
So the Grandioso is the top tier Sinfoni offering? I didn't see any actual prices in my brief search but it looks like these are in the Morel Supremo price range. Is that correct, $5600 for a set?
The MSRP is actually $6,600 for the 2-way with crossover.

Old 09-16-2014   #20
SQ_TSX

Obviously the Grandisio speakers are not for everyone... Neither is the Desiderio...

However, the Maestoso and Appassionato are more mainstream choices.
Old 09-16-2014   #21

Rep Power: 60 jmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enoughjmmdm2 will become famous soon enough

$6600... how could I ever justify that? I've considered spending $2k on a Dyn set but $6600... I don't know why I'm even writing about it other than to simply sit here in awe of the price. I'll have to wait for a 10% coupon.
jmmdm2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #22
SQ_TSX

As I stated earlier, the Grandisio speakers and the Desiderio amplifier are statement pieces.... Really these items are to show the immaculate attention to detail the company puts into each and every product.

Frankly, I've installed a couple of Desiderio amplifiers... They are meant to awe individuals... and they do a GREAT job of doing just that... The amount of power the Desiderio produces is just inspiring... plus take into account the fit and finish of the assembly... Quite frankly, they are "Works of Art"... Seriously.... I actually mounted one of these on a wall for a customer to provide power for his executive office system...
Old 09-16-2014   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 158 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

^^^. Now that truly is stating that it IS a work of art lol.

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Pioneer 4800BS /Audison APK-165
Turbocharged / 6 speed / awd/ goodness ( For SALE )

(2018) Accord 2.0T Touring (10speed) turbocharged
Coppertone is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 143 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Is it me, or does the Escordio series bear a striking resemblance to the Brax Matrix amplifiers?

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN
subterFUSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014   #25
SQ_TSX

No not the Brax Matrix...
They do look similar to the Brax X Series... But other amplifiers have used similar looking heatsinks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement