TDA (Time-domain analysis) - Measurement Software - Review - Page 7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2016   #151
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 LumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura aboutLumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura aboutLumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura aboutLumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura aboutLumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura aboutLumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura aboutLumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura aboutLumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura aboutLumbermanSVO has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: TDA (Time-domain analysis) - Measurement Software - Review

I played with TDA and my car a bit today. I was able to get this:

My system isn't complete yet, I'm missing midbass drivers. At the moment the crossover between my mids and subs is 200hz @48db. Once I have the midbass drivers in I'll only take the mids down to the 350-450 area. The horn to mid crossover at 1200hz @48db.

When the top comes off, the tops come off!
1986 Bronco Build
2010 Miata Build
LumbermanSVO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2016   #152

Rep Power: 75 Alextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumledb View Post
Yeah mine did too. I was pretty bummed. I even tried uninstalling, re-downloading, and reinstalling but it still recognizes my computer and says demo expired.
TDA is exceptional tool and it worth buying. Besides it is all the time Boeing upgraded and you might be able to use the same license for different program modifications.

Alpine CDA137BTi, Alpine CHA-S604, Hidizs AP100, Meridian Explorer DAC, Eton PA 4506,3way SO Audio front, APL1 sound processor, Peerless XLS 10'', JL Audio 500/1 monoblock
Alextaastrup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016   #153

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 99 Elgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enough

TDA is awesome

Elgrosso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016   #154
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 212 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alextaastrup View Post
TDA is exceptional tool and it worth buying. Besides it is all the time Boeing upgraded and you might be able to use the same license for different program modifications.

Worth buying for how much? Saw the pricing in pounds and got frightened and left. Hehe. Is there a Diyma student diy'er discount?

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, JL XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10/GB25/GB60, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016   #155
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 327 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgrosso View Post
TDA is awesome

Lol, what happened to the graph window? xD

Looks good (great actually...) otherwise!

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Active Build Thread - VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2016   #156

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 99 Elgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enoughElgrosso will become famous soon enough

That's // desktop on mac through teamviewer, gets funky sometime

Old 05-23-2016   #157

Rep Power: 75 Alextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enoughAlextaastrup will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Worth buying for how much? Saw the pricing in pounds and got frightened and left. Hehe. Is there a Diyma student diy'er discount?
Yeah, savings will be forgotten soon, but this program will serve you a long time ahead.

One of the advantages is you could run both front sides together and to see how they play simultaniously. For doing this one should select "mono" as the output signal. This feature had helped me to optimize the TA settings in order to avoid mutual cancelling by respective drivers.

Another "phat" feature - final table with the data measured, which might be derived from the graphs.

Most probably other consumers will find something else, which will be interesting in this soft, as distortion levels, delay FR, 3D presentation of the test results etc.

Recently I have used the TDA to check how the APL makes time alignment. With the purpose I have delayed one of the front channels by 15ms (need more actually in order to connect the front to the subwoofer). Single test with both fronts running has proved that delay made by APL is quite accurate and corresponds to the desired value.

My next little project with the TDA will be determination of the car transfer function, for which I intend to use AFR function. Interesting to exchange some experience with those who tried it before. APL Worshop could be the alternative solution for this, maybe little bit more complicated, but also more precise.

What do you think guys?

Alpine CDA137BTi, Alpine CHA-S604, Hidizs AP100, Meridian Explorer DAC, Eton PA 4506,3way SO Audio front, APL1 sound processor, Peerless XLS 10'', JL Audio 500/1 monoblock
Old 05-23-2016   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgrosso View Post
TDA is awesome

Great curve! What is the scale range on the X-axis?

I was not able to get so clean response with my passive front and the subwoofer playing from the trunk through two 17cm holes in the back shelf (sedan). It means that the whole trunk plays as a ported enclosure with uncontrolled ports, similar to unpredicted bandpass.

Old 05-23-2016   #159

Enthusiast

Quote:

My next little project with the TDA will be determination of the car transfer function, for which I intend to use AFR function. Interesting to exchange some experience with those who tried it before. APL Worshop could be the alternative solution for this, maybe little bit more complicated, but also more precise.

What do you think guys?
I suspect APL would be the right tool there no? Since you'll need many many many points. Or what else did you have in mind?

Quote:
Great curve! What is the scale range on the X-axis?

I was not able to get so clean response with my passive front and the subwoofer playing from the trunk through two 17cm holes in the back shelf (sedan). It means that the whole trunk plays as a ported enclosure with uncontrolled ports, similar to unpredicted bandpass.
Probably the default 30ms.
I usually start with 30, then go to 10ms, with sometime -1 as a reference.
This was left or both I don't remember. Left is always easy to get clean, right not so.
For sub and woofer I actually quite like the ease of use (biggest marge of errors on ms), but for midranges and tweeters I have hard time to not mess everything up!

Old 05-24-2016   #160
Upgrade Your Membership!

http://*****aplaudio*****/

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

Rep Power: 68 Raimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Ok Babs and other TDA fans - 5 copies of TDA software for student`s price is available now.

Raimonds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Raimonds For This Useful Post:
captainobvious (05-11-2017)
Old 05-24-2016   #161
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 70 brumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enoughbrumledb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimonds View Post
Ok Babs and other TDA fans - 5 copies of TDA software for student`s price is available now.

Email sent. I would like to purchase one.

2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab
OEM Headunit-->Helix DSP Pro
Audison 5.1k--->Hertz ML 280, AF GB25, (4) ID8's
MMATS 6150-->AF GS 690
(Proper Acoustic Rear Fill)
brumledb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2016   #162
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 212 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimonds View Post
Very nice.. PM sent Sir

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, JL XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10/GB25/GB60, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2016   #163

Enthusiast

Cool! The more the merrier!

Old 05-24-2016   #164
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Vaani Acoustics
Position:
Founder/Engineer

Rep Power: 130 piyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enough

PM sent

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
piyush7243 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2016   #165

Rep Power: 86 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

What is the difference between the APL TDA and APL Workshop software? Thanks.

EDIT - Nevermind, found my answer.
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/2606098-post85.html
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2016   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
What is the difference between the APL TDA and APL Workshop software? Thanks.

EDIT - Nevermind, found my answer.
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/2606098-post85.html
Right. Workshop can not give you a picture in a time domain. But stabillity of APFR results is simply impressive. On the contrary , TDA will present the system response to the sweep signal in only one point (typically - listening position). TDA gives a possibility to see both channels and sub playing simultaniously.

Both are great measurement tools, but you need also a measure to make delays. In this case DSP's which are available on the market (for the car application) are limited to 10-21ms. This might be not enough for a complicated sub enclosure, placement of a subwoofer in the trunk, etc.

By using additional program from Acoustic Power Lab, called ConeqC1 it is possible to make a delay from 0 till 4,979ms as many time as you wish. Just browse to find necessary FIR filter on your PC, chose required time delay and save it as a backup. Next time - use this as a new FIR filter and so on.

Old 05-27-2016   #167
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 286 claydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh, pm sent!

Hope I'm not too late!
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2016   #168

Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: TDA (Time-domain analysis) - Measurement Software - Review

Quote:
By using additional program from Acoustic Power Lab, called ConeqC1 it is possible to make a delay from 0 till 4,979ms as many time as you wish. Just browse to find necessary FIR filter on your PC, chose required time delay and save it as a backup. Next time - use this as a new FIR filter and so on.
Wow I need to try that, I still didn't play with C1 yet! (So many things to do...)
So you add delay to the APL filters?

Old 05-27-2016   #169

Exactly. And checked this wirh TDA. IIt works.

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

Old 06-01-2016   #170

Do we need to have nul as a main goal when making TA?

Head movements are around 5cm during driving. There is also a limit for threshold at different frequencies. Are these things audible below let say 5msec? Used almost 3 hours yesterday trying to press delays down to nul. Managed about 3,5msec (incl. subwoofer in the trunk), 0,3msec above 600Hz. Your opinions, please?

Frequency (Hz)* Threshold (ms)* Threshold in T*
(periods or cycles)
8k Hz* 2 ms* 16 T
4k Hz* 1.5 ms* 6 T
2k Hz* 1 ms* 2 T
1k Hz* 2 ms* 2 T
500 Hz* 3.2 ms* 1.6 T

Are there any info about threshold values below 500Hz?

Last edited by Alextaastrup; 06-01-2016 at 05:04 PM..
Old 06-01-2016   #171
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 327 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

I made a lengthy post about it somewhere, lemme see if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Active Build Thread - VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2016   #172

I think I have read it, but can not remember figures below 200Hz.

2D 100ms_PNG.jpg

Results of my last TA tuning - front should be first delayed by appr. 45 msec before I could make fine-tuning.

Old 06-01-2016   #173

Enthusiast

Quote:
I think I have read it, but can not remember figures below 200Hz.

Attachment 135417

Results of my last TA tuning - front should be first delayed by appr. 45 msec before I could make fine-tuning.
Seems very nice, sub and woofers are within 1ms or so no? Why did you say 3.5ms?
Did you adjust all this with C1? (If I remember you have a passive 3 way)

For the threshold around 20hz I read about 30ms is acceptable, some says much more.
I don't know what to think of this, since I can clearly hear smaller differences there.
But I now have two subs (front and rear) so it's maybe more the different summing that I hear, or something else (eq?).

About the head movement/placement, did you try TDA in different points?
I may try, just like left ear/right ear to compare to the centered point, to see the difference before I optimize it "too much".

Old 06-01-2016   #174

Yes. Tried left-right. But was more interested in moving the mic up-down. Lower position of the mic. makes the difference between the woofers and mids less. But again my height coud not be changed as the placement of woofers in the front doors. Not in this install at least. So I have to live with it.

Old 06-01-2016   #175

Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes. Tried left-right. But was more interested in moving the mic up-down. Lower position of the mic. makes the difference between the woofers and mids less. But again my height coud not be changed as the placement of woofers in the front doors. Not in this install at least. So I have to live with it.

Less when you lower it? in mine it's the inverse, the dash mask mid/tweeters.
Just gave me the idea to try a bottom limit to the mic movements during APL "painting".

Sponsored Links
Advertisement