Alpine INE-957HD please rate it.. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

View Poll Results: Would you buy and install again.
Yes in a heartbeat. 5 100.00%
No, but I would pistol whip it till it stopped thrashing. 0 0%
It does what I need it to do, no more no less. 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2014   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 158 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Default Alpine INE-957HD please rate it..

My title really isn't a fair question as its too broad of a topic. But rather then go into the pros and the cons, I just want to simply know if you own it if you would buy it again or run over it.

(2.5GT) Limited Legacy / Pioneer 4800BS /Audison APK-165
Turbocharged / 6 speed / awd/ goodness ( For SALE )

(2018) Accord 2.0T Touring (10speed) turbocharged
Coppertone is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2014   #2

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,017 Times in 479 Posts
Rep Power: 26015 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default Re: Alpine INE-957HD please rate it..

If you plan to use it's digital output then my answer is "I love it".

If you don't plan to use it's digital output then my answer is "it's nice, but I'd shop around".

The fact that it does digital over all sources was the selling feature to me. I don't use BT for calls (though, I do for streaming music) and I haven't once used the navigation. In many ways it really is just another headunit, but the clear separation is the digital output feature. That to me was worth the extra cash and I'd no doubt run it (or future alpine products with this feature) again.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2015   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 158 Coppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of lightCoppertone is a glorious beacon of light

Well that's good news as fortunately for me my system is " all digital output" . I agre I don't use my radio's Bluetooth nor do I use its navi because well it just sucks lol. Thank you very kindly for responding to my post.

Old 01-01-2015   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 85 rdubbs will become famous soon enoughrdubbs will become famous soon enoughrdubbs will become famous soon enoughrdubbs will become famous soon enoughrdubbs will become famous soon enoughrdubbs will become famous soon enough

This unit looks really interesting. In it's details it says it can connect to the H800 directly, anyone know if it actually will power on the unit or do you still need the RUx C800 to actually power the H800 on?
rdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2015   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 136 papasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdubbs View Post
This unit looks really interesting. In it's details it says it can connect to the H800 directly, anyone know if it actually will power on the unit or do you still need the RUx C800 to actually power the H800 on?

You'll need the RUX. This unit does not have AI-net and would need the RUX for volume control and tell the h800 to turn on.

A buddy of mine has this HU with the H800 and the RUX and is being professionally installed in his vehicle. One of the things as I understand that makes the integration between this HU and the H800 an advantage over other processors is the navi voice prompts of the alpine is not transmitted digitally (I'll let others confirm that actually have it). So the h800 can take both RCA and optical from this HU, and there's a separate navi wire that can be connected between the HU and the h800 that essentially acts as a trigger. So when you are using navi on the HU and voice prompts are happening, it triggers the h800 to use the analog input. Otherwise, everything else can be transmitted via toslink.

Plus, the volume knob on the RUX is much nicer to use than the tiny little buttons on the HU.
papasin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2015   #6

Rep Power: 87 BlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enough

Yes, you have a single rca for the navi voice . Separate over the optical. You can also choose the voice either male of female, level and on off feature. This has to be done via lap top. I do indeed use the nav section of the 957HD. Very nice features, not only is it 3 dimensional, it will also set the sun at dawn and dusk. Very trick nav. Night skyline of Atlanta in the back ground .
Also like the fact that the 957 submits the audio adjustments to the 800 when external processor has been chosen. This is my first Alpine kit and I am sold on Alpine now.
BlackHHR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2015   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Stop torturuing me as here I've got two nib single din Alpines ready to go in, and now you've got me ready to place an order for this to keep the dd look alive.

Old 01-03-2015   #8

Rep Power: 0 mark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enough

Will the alpine optical go into the mosconi 6-8?
mark620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015   #9

Rep Power: 0 mark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enoughmark620 will become famous soon enough

This unit is the same as the x008u but smaller right?
mark620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 261 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 soundqdoug will become famous soon enoughsoundqdoug will become famous soon enoughsoundqdoug will become famous soon enoughsoundqdoug will become famous soon enoughsoundqdoug will become famous soon enoughsoundqdoug will become famous soon enough

I use it in my FJ and I dig it, granted I've used solely Alpine stuff for 15 or so years now. Where this one excels, and as previously mentioned, the optical out. I do like my INES920 more for a few reasons, merely OCD related stuff, and if it had digital out, I would've used it in both cars...just my 2cents.
soundqdoug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Any other users or anyone else with knowledge of this ?

Old 01-10-2015   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
kustom kar audio
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 126 kustomkaraudio will become famous soon enoughkustomkaraudio will become famous soon enoughkustomkaraudio will become famous soon enoughkustomkaraudio will become famous soon enoughkustomkaraudio will become famous soon enoughkustomkaraudio will become famous soon enough

Talking Re: Alpine INE-957HD please rate it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark620 View Post
Will the alpine optical go into the mosconi 6-8?
yep

Builder of 2010 MECA World Champion MODEX class Gary Summers 2006 mercedes C-Class
kustomkaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

So if you currently owned an INA-W910 and had a chance to acquire this, would you? Don't let the cost come into play, I just want to know that I'm gaining from this move...

Old 01-10-2015   #15

Rep Power: 87 BlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enoughBlackHHR will become famous soon enough

Captain Obvious "Steve W " has the 910 if I am not mistaken. You may want to shoot him a PM
BlackHHR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 136 papasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
So if you currently owned an INA-W910 and had a chance to acquire this, would you? Don't let the cost come into play, I just want to know that I'm gaining from this move...

I currently own a W910. I could upgrade to this but do not plan to. YMMV, but for me, the w910 integration to an h800 via AI-net is one the biggest advantages that I would lose and something I would not want to give up. My $0.02.
Old 01-10-2015   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Richard how is your navi with this unit as mine is hit or miss it seems. Not that it's a deal breaker as I can easily grab a GPS.

Also Steve runs a different head unit in his current system.

Old 01-10-2015   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I never use the NAVI on the W910. I use Waze on my phone, hooked up to the W910 and voice prompts are routed thru the audio.
Old 01-10-2015   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

That is a great idea, let me grab that and add it to my phone.

Old 01-10-2015   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 261 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

I just use Google maps. I've never been happy with Waze.

But yes, if you can and an H800 to a 910, do it. The difference between Ai-Net and optical in almost nonexistent. The major SQ jump or from RCA to Ai-Net.

Old 01-10-2015   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I'm already running the Alpine C800 as well as the H800 and the optical fiber cable with my 910. Just wanted to see if I were going to gain anything by upgrading to the newer unit. By all accounts it would appear staying with the 910 with what I have added will do the trick. Thank you kindly gents for all of your input.

Old 01-10-2015   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 88 thebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enoughthebookfreak58 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinH View Post
The fact that it does digital over all sources was the selling feature to me.
So all sources (radio, iPod, CD, BT calls etc) except navi are over the optical?
thebookfreak58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2015   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Yep

Old 01-11-2015   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 karanbhatia will become famous soon enoughkaranbhatia will become famous soon enoughkaranbhatia will become famous soon enoughkaranbhatia will become famous soon enoughkaranbhatia will become famous soon enoughkaranbhatia will become famous soon enough

Gents, will the 957HD recognize lossless content like WAV and Apple Lossless on the iPod (Classic 160GB) and stream it via optical as well ?

I ask because on my W505 the iPod works with Ai-Net and on my JVC AVX 820 only WAV is streamed from the USB via optical (really slow interface) .. not the iPod .. looking for an upgrade to both.
karanbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2015   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Default Alpine INE-957HD please rate it..

If the iPod will play it, it will send it to the HU and it will be played.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement