At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for! - Page 8 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015   #176
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 214 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Default At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltranutZ View Post
no one touches my bike unless I'm dead.

My signature line on the forum reads (and most don't get it)

2012 FLHTK VTPBB

V Twin Powered Boom Box.

Yeah reason my scoot doesn't have tunes.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bill to let ya know I've been talkin up biketronics to my Victory folks. Cross Country's and Visions could certainly rock with your amps. I opted for a no fairing scoot as you see above so oh darn no tunes for me besides freedom performance duals, cams and other performance goodies.

But I digress. Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, Zapco Z150.6 LX, Z400.2 LX, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015   #177

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Default Re: At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post
Just as a general reference, the specs on UltranutZ's Sony MEX-GS810BH say that the Front, Rear, & Subwoofer Preouts are rated at 5v.

meaning that at 5V input it`s not clipping but not reaching rated power?
Or is that 5V pre out is actually bullshit just like the rest of headunits?
I just want to know how real is 180W at 4Ohm in particular design implemented. that`s all.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015   #178

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Default Re: At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Yeah reason my scoot doesn't have tunes.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Obnoxious farting pipes is that?

Old 03-24-2015   #179
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 214 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Default At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for!

One man's fart is another man's symphony.
Chad that's got sig potential all over it.

That's 106 cubes of single-pin crank OHC 118ft-lbs of goodness.

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, Zapco Z150.6 LX, Z400.2 LX, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Old 03-24-2015   #180

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
One man's fart is another man's symphony.
Chad that's got sig potential all over it.

That's 106 cubes of single-pin crank OHC 118ft-lbs of goodness.

You ride and that`s what matters, even that slow ass 900Lb behemoth is light years better than cage in my book.
Old 03-24-2015   #181
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

700ish but who's counting. Owned a couple Harley's prior so I'm indoctrinated to the cult of V-twin. this one out does all previous though by far. Not bad for a snow mobile company.

Build Log
Old 03-24-2015   #182

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
700ish but who's counting. Owned a couple Harley's prior so I'm indoctrinated to the cult of V-twin. this one out does all previous though by far. Not bad for a snow mobile company.
I rode Victory a few year back, was nice and comfy.
I`ve seen hard core Harley buffs greening side to side after a short ride on ducatis ( that if you have to sick to V-Twin concept. that is half weight and 7 time better weight to power ratio. not recliner on wheels like yours but you have to stay alert riding to stay alive. I`d probably fell asleep on a seat like that at pathetic speed it`s capable of.
Now if you want to hear a symphony go listen to turboed Hayabusa or better yet try riding one
Now back on topic, we derailed it long enough...
UcD 180 module is shorter than my thumb.

Last edited by Victor_inox; 04-14-2017 at 12:29 AM..
Old 03-24-2015   #183
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

So hypex modules considered among the better c-D types these days for fidelity?

Build Log
Old 03-25-2015   #184

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
So hypex modules considered among the better c-D types these days for fidelity?
One pictured on my hand actually has balanced input, biketronics doesn`t.
That much I can tell you now. Internet reviews raving..... but they always raving...
Old 03-25-2015   #185
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 288 claydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond repute

Werd victor....always raving. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of the sound this thing puts out. I've been contemplating replacing my huge old school amps with some of these for months now..........the life time warranty.....sheesh....that's confidence in your product.
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2015   #186
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Lifetime? k... That's hard to argue with, regardless the board in it.

Victor, agree there's certainly value in diff-bal inputs. Looking forward to assessment.

Build Log
Old 03-25-2015   #187

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydo View Post
Werd victor....always raving. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of the sound this thing puts out. I've been contemplating replacing my huge old school amps with some of these for months now..........the life time warranty.....sheesh....that's confidence in your product.
Found one not raving Genesis GR 180 - Hypex-equipped digital power amplifier - [English]
"
Old 03-25-2015   #188
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 288 claydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond reputeclaydo has a reputation beyond repute

He definitely found some nits to pick, but overall still seems positive on the sounds from the modules. Hmmm, I may break down and order yet.........lol. Still looking forward to what you think victor.....

Aaaaaand....still wish they offered a sub amp solution.....would love a matching rack of tiny amps....
claydo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2015   #189

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydo View Post
He definitely found some nits to pick, but overall still seems positive on the sounds from the modules. Hmmm, I may break down and order yet.........lol. Still looking forward to what you think victor.....

Aaaaaand....still wish they offered a sub amp solution.....would love a matching rack of tiny amps....
His main grange was about rated power he questioned.
Unless Harley crowd will demand Subs on their rides i don`t see it happening.
oneof these Module Amplificateur Hypex UCD400HG 400W | eBay
one of that 12V to 45V 500W Power Supply Board for Amplifier in Car 3300uF 50V 4 | eBay
small case to fit them both and you almost good to go.
Old 10-22-2015   #190
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 116 KillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enough

Any new developments on the Biketronics Amps?

1.) Gain controls?
2.) A higher powered sub amp?
3.) Can you still get them with a 10 hz cutt off?

I am trying to design a new system for my car and I like the idea of high powered efficient reliable amps without the complex wiring. But, I would like a minimum of 600 watts sub amp.

What really attracts me to these amps are the small size and the confidence the manufacture has in his product with a lifetime warranty. I am tired of everything made today breaking!
KillerBox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015   #191
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 145 2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBox View Post
Any new developments on the Biketronics Amps?

1.) Gain controls?
2.) A higher powered sub amp?
3.) Can you still get them with a 10 hz cutt off?

I am trying to design a new system for my car and I like the idea of high powered efficient reliable amps without the complex wiring. But, I would like a minimum of 600 watts sub amp.

What really attracts me to these amps are the small size and the confidence the manufacture has in his product with a lifetime warranty. I am tired of everything made today breaking!
1. Possibly though not sure about ETA for a model with gains.
2. Yes, I am getting my hands on a test mule very soon, stay tuned!
3. Yes, 10hz cutoff is now always available as an option.
2010hummerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015   #192

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Why would anyone need gains? Habit? Everyone use DSP these days- no gain nor build in filters needed for sub amp.
I`m seriously wondering why?
higher power sub amp? how high?
Hypex makes 700W modules but that will require new power supply.
So is 400W modules.
Why biketronics decided to use OEM modules without HxR is what I`d love to know.
I only use their HG modules with HxR. Sounds phenomenal with them.
Old 10-26-2015   #193

Banned

Rep Power: 0 cajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond repute

welcome back, Victor.
cajunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015   #194

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
welcome back, Victor.
miss me?
Old 10-26-2015   #195

Banned

Rep Power: 0 cajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond reputecajunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
miss me?
sure, I even looked around for where you were banned and why but came up short.

nobody made a fuss over it and someone who was in contact with you said you'd be back shortly, so I didn't give it much more thought.

what was that, 2 month stretch?
cajunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015   #196

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
sure, I even looked around for where you were banned and why but came up short.

nobody made a fuss over it and someone who was in contact with you said you'd be back shortly, so I didn't give it much more thought.

what was that, 2 month stretch?
1 month.
Old 10-26-2015   #197
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 308 Onyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond reputeOnyx1136 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the top plate on these BT amplifiers completely removeable? And is it aluminum? The etched logo looks cheesy. I'm thinking grind it clean and do some custom machining on the router table. Or maybe even replace it with another aluminum plate that is a little thicker. Maybe something that matches the machining in the side of the case.
Onyx1136 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015   #198
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 145 2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough2010hummerguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
Why would anyone need gains? Habit? Everyone use DSP these days- no gain nor build in filters needed for sub amp.
I`m seriously wondering why?
higher power sub amp? how high?
Hypex makes 700W modules but that will require new power supply.
So is 400W modules.
Why biketronics decided to use OEM modules without HxR is what I`d love to know.
I only use their HG modules with HxR. Sounds phenomenal with them.
I agree with your point on gains 100%. My 4180 matches my P99RS perfectly and I've never had a need to adjust between the two. In fact, it is rather nice not needing to worry about it. The amp took 15 minutes to install and I was almost immediately enjoying my music. It has remained that way for 4 months and I haven't touched it since.

This new sub amp is supposedly not too much different from a regular 2180. Slightly bigger UcD modules and beefier power supply to make [email protected] for my pair of SI BM MKIV subs. The 2180 could have powered them just fine but BT wants to see what they can do to squeeze out as much extra power as possible while using as much existing design as possible.

From what I understand, most manufacturers use the OEM modules for a number of OEM supply chain reasons while higher end home audio boutique brands use the HG hobbyist boards (Genesis, Channel Islands, etc). BT does have a high end proaudio amp line, Vivid, which includes a powerhouse two channel model with dual UcD700HG modules: VR2700 Rack Amp - Vivid Amplifiers

I would LOVE to run a VR2700 on my living room line arrays but no budget for toys like that right now...maybe next year

Last edited by 2010hummerguy; 10-27-2015 at 12:06 AM..
2010hummerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2015   #199

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx1136 View Post
Is the top plate on these BT amplifiers completely removeable? And is it aluminum? The etched logo looks cheesy. I'm thinking grind it clean and do some custom machining on the router table. Or maybe even replace it with another aluminum plate that is a little thicker. Maybe something that matches the machining in the side of the case.
Yes, it`s just an aluminum square I think 1/8" thick with rounded corners, easily replaceable. I agree on cheesiness of that logo but hey it`s build for Harley crowd, can`t get more cheesier that that.
I`d think clean anodized finish would be perfect with sticker for those who want it.
in any case logo should not put anyone down, amp itself is well made and sounds great.
Can be better but at additional cost.
Old 10-27-2015   #200
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 362 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect7 View Post
This new sub amp is supposedly not too much different from a regular 2180. Slightly bigger UcD modules and beefier power supply to make [email protected] for my pair of SI BM MKIV subs. The 2180 could have powered them just fine but BT wants to see what they can do to squeeze out as much extra power as possible while using as much existing design as possible.
I know that bridging has been discussed in the past, but any chance the new high power two channel modules will be bridgeable? I know BT is focused on the HD crowd, but having a bridgeable powerful 2 channel for use with a single sub (or multiples) would be ideal in my book. I'm currently using a powerful two channel bridged on my sub as is.

I'd really love to able to make use of these BT amps for my wife's car. To do so, bridgeable amps would be my preference.

Kenwood DDX9905S | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement