Victory Sonics Power Supply - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2015   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 96 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

Default Victory Sonics Power Supply

I recently purchased a 30 amp power supply from fellow member Victor_Inox. I am very pleased with it. It maintains voltage, 14.21 or so, even under heavy loads. Has a built in automatic cooling fan and switchable input voltage 120/230. It also features 3 outputs and a indicator light. Victor also ships it with wall adaptor. Nice extra. Almost forgot. As mentioned below the adjustable output voltage did work well. When you adjust, the decrease/increase is smooth and predictable.

I asked several questions before my purchase and Victor answered all of them promptly. I received the power supply within the week after I paid. Excellent customer service.

The price was higher than the cheap eBay power supplies but you get what you pay for. The fact that I own a cheap one and looked elsewhere should tell you all you need to know. It's my understanding that power supplies will be available in different power variations. Have to talk to Victor about that. I only use these for head unit testing and for small amps. It perfoms well and I will be purchasing another soon. Thanks Victor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150123_215821_460.jpg (53.2 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150123_215837_211.jpg (33.4 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150123_215754_654.jpg (44.4 KB, 267 views)

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.

Last edited by Theslaking; 01-24-2015 at 06:48 AM..
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2015   #2

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Default Re: Victory Sonics Power Supply

Enjoy, BTW that pot on the left is where you can adjust voltage even under heavy load and it will maintain it within 0.1V all the way up to 30 Amp constant load at what point it will start to sag before overload circuit kicks in.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 133 RYNOMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYNOMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYNOMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYNOMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYNOMOTO will become famous soon enoughRYNOMOTO will become famous soon enough

A new satisfied customer here!!

Thanks again for the great power supply at a great price Victor!!

Great guy to deal with and someone who really knows his electronics to the nth degree!
RYNOMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015   #4

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Thank you Ryan for kind words, enjoy your new toy!
For those who interested I sell these at one third of the retail of 30A Cascade Audio PSU.

Last edited by Victor_inox; 01-26-2015 at 08:27 AM..
Old 01-26-2015   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 207 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I picked up one of those as well a couple weeks ago.
Haven't gotten around to firing it up yet but from feedback I've read they're a good supply.

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, JL XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10/GB25/GB60, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015   #6

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Anyone interested I have them in stock.
Old 01-30-2015   #7

Rep Power: 0 Beezlebub will become famous soon enoughBeezlebub will become famous soon enoughBeezlebub will become famous soon enoughBeezlebub will become famous soon enoughBeezlebub will become famous soon enoughBeezlebub will become famous soon enough

Can I use this to run my car amp in the house on my home stereo?
Beezlebub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015   #8

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezlebub View Post
Can I use this to run my car amp in the house on my home stereo?
That`s main purpose, yes. regular 120V household receptacle is all you need to make it work.
Old 01-31-2015   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Ashunte will become famous soon enoughAshunte will become famous soon enoughAshunte will become famous soon enoughAshunte will become famous soon enoughAshunte will become famous soon enoughAshunte will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
Anyone interested I have them in stock.
website?
Ashunte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2015   #10

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashunte View Post
website?
PM will do just as fine or just email me.
Old 02-17-2015   #11
Upgrade Your Membership!

Keepin' It Old School

12V Company:
OldSchoolStereo
Position:
Owner/Operator/Chief Architect

Rep Power: 123 bigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the rough

Do you make larger power supplies? Can it be used with a battery (charging circuit)?

See my Youtube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/bigdwiz. Lots of demo videos of Old School Car audio, amplifier tests and more!
bigdwiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2015   #12

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdwiz View Post
Do you make larger power supplies? Can it be used with a battery (charging circuit)?
not yet. You can get great current possibility with battery in parallel.
plus it will keep your battery charged. set voltage to 12.5 and keep it connected permanently or set it to 13.8 for quick charge .
or you can always parallel these using diodes. if battery is inconvenient somehow.
Old 08-22-2015   #13

Rep Power: 0 14995 will become famous soon enough14995 will become famous soon enough14995 will become famous soon enough14995 will become famous soon enough14995 will become famous soon enough14995 will become famous soon enough

Smile Re: Victory Sonics Power Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
not yet. You can get great current possibility with battery in parallel.
plus it will keep your battery charged. set voltage to 12.5 and keep it connected permanently or set it to 13.8 for quick charge .
or you can always parallel these using diodes. if battery is inconvenient somehow.
14995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016   #14

Rep Power: 0 tbone4590 will become famous soon enoughtbone4590 will become famous soon enoughtbone4590 will become famous soon enoughtbone4590 will become famous soon enoughtbone4590 will become famous soon enoughtbone4590 will become famous soon enough

hey i'm curious how much rms wattage that power supply that you offer can handle, i'm looking for something to run an amp that will be pushing out about 500 watts rms
tbone4590 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016   #15

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone4590 View Post
hey i'm curious how much rms wattage that power supply that you offer can handle, i'm looking for something to run an amp that will be pushing out about 500 watts rms
500watt is easy.
As rule of thumb you can use 1/8 formula. Rms/8 is power drawn.
Unless you play sinewave this psu will handle 500watt Rms without breaking a sweat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement