Dayton Audio RS100-4, PS95-8 and HAT L3V2 - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2015   #26

Rep Power: 0 kandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Dayton Audio RS100-4, PS95-8 and HAT L3V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuhiro View Post
I'm pretty sure the rs100 will do 300hz fine in a small pillar.
Nice pods but dont they intrude your view a little bit? Either way, drive safe.
I have no visibility issues. Been driving like this for a quite a while.
kandroid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2015   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 174 vwtoby will become famous soon enoughvwtoby will become famous soon enoughvwtoby will become famous soon enoughvwtoby will become famous soon enoughvwtoby will become famous soon enoughvwtoby will become famous soon enough

im looking to replace the OEM subaru 3.5" dash speakers...any issues running the Dayton Audio PS95-8? have to keep headunit and stock crossovers etc...just looking to upgrade speakers as stock are poor
vwtoby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2015   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 163 beerdrnkr will become famous soon enoughbeerdrnkr will become famous soon enoughbeerdrnkr will become famous soon enoughbeerdrnkr will become famous soon enoughbeerdrnkr will become famous soon enoughbeerdrnkr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwtoby View Post
im looking to replace the OEM subaru 3.5" dash speakers...any issues running the Dayton Audio PS95-8? have to keep headunit and stock crossovers etc...just looking to upgrade speakers as stock are poor
In my wrx, I didn't like the sound of the Dayton 3 1/2 full rangers, I preferred the Dayton rs100p a lot more. Sounded really good in the stock dash location.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
beerdrnkr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 chesapeakesoja will become famous soon enoughchesapeakesoja will become famous soon enoughchesapeakesoja will become famous soon enoughchesapeakesoja will become famous soon enoughchesapeakesoja will become famous soon enoughchesapeakesoja will become famous soon enough

Anybody using these tweeterless? On or off axis? Where are you crossing them? Are you satisfied with their output (keeping up with your midbass)? Just looking for some thoughts and would love more installation details so that there is better context.

I know, at this price, that I should just buy a pair and see for myself. I just over-research just about every purchase.

“Experience is a brutal teacher. But you learn. My God, you learn.”
chesapeakesoja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2015   #30

Rep Power: 61 Kazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enoughKazuhiro will become famous soon enough

I ran the RS100 tweeter less for a little bit, slightly off axis. Very dull. No eq however, and it definitely wouldnt keep up with the paper cones.

85' JDM Prelude Si

Pioneer|Soundstream|Audible Physics
Kazuhiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2015   #31

Rep Power: 0 maiden will become famous soon enoughmaiden will become famous soon enoughmaiden will become famous soon enoughmaiden will become famous soon enoughmaiden will become famous soon enoughmaiden will become famous soon enough

Has anyone used the PS95-8 in A pillars on axis? I think it makes a compelling case to be used as a widebander, but will need some eq around the 2.5khz region. RS100's I think are better off being used as a midrange, max used up to 10Khz.
maiden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2015   #32

Rep Power: 52 jcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerdrnkr View Post
So after a little experimenting with the Dayton full range 3 1/2s , i decided to go back to the dayton rs100s.

In my application with the mids in the dash firing towards the windshield, the rs100s just sound much better and they're much easier to tame. With my limited dsp, i just couldn't get the fullrange daytons to sound good. They have plenty of detail but I just couldn't eq them in the high midrange (between 1kh-8khz) enough to tame them down a bit.

The rs100Ps are great and although they can't extend as high as the fullrangers they still sound great and give plenty of detail, while also playing lower. I plan on getting a processor and mounting some tweeters in the a-pillars sometime soon to help out the RS100p that last bit in the 10khz-20khz range.

I am on the fence on this.
on my new project in the next month, i need a mid range driver to do a 3 way. planning on using the silver flutes to do midwoofers, the RS100 for midrange and the Vifa XT25TG30 as tweets. i plan on running full active using C-DSP 6x8

now i am looking at the PS95 ??
jcmusika is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015   #33

Rep Power: 0 kandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enoughkandroid will become famous soon enough

I would recommend using these drivers fully on axis to either of the ears. Left driver to left and the right driver to the right.
The RS100 definitely needs tweeters, put them on the same axis as the midrange either on vertical or horizontal axis.
The PS will not need tweeters but will not have as good a low end as the RS100.4
The minimum enclosure volume for the RS is 1.8 to 2 liters for it to hit the lows. I have them bandpassed between 315hz/18 db and 8.5khz/12db.
kandroid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015   #34

Rep Power: 52 jcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enoughjcmusika will become famous soon enough

Kandroid- thank you for the tip. will use your Xpoints for starters
jcmusika is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement