Average Joe Review: Sinfoni Masteoso T165W - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Average Joe Review: Sinfoni Masteoso T165W

Great write up Bill. I can confirm whole heartedly that I enjoy the Maestoso T165 much more than I did the E650, it is crazy to think a car audio set of speakers could offer as much as these speakers do. I am thoroughly impressed!! Cant say enough good about them.

Leave Kurt out of this Bill. lol

deeppinkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2015   #27

Rep Power: 78 frontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enoughfrontman will become famous soon enough

Thank you for the great comparative review! The review conveys your excitement for the sound reproduction of these speakers. Do you know the mounting depth on these T165's?
frontman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 152 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

2.75"

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015   #29
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 172 Electrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
Okay I have about 20 hours on them now and am simply overjoyed with these things capabilities. I have had the good fortune to test many great speakers the last couple years and have been pretty happy with each and every one of them. Says a lot for todays tech. These quite simply are on another level. Their ability to reproduce 60-150 hz where the impact is at is stellar. They are tight and accurate which you would expect from a high end 6.5" driver. Whats really impressive is they can also play just great to 4000hz (as tested though are said to play higher just fine) while also producing those bass frequencies.
One song in particular that stands out is a song by Haim. Its a remix of.... crud, have to look up the songs name again. Anyway there is a complex bass line in the beginning of the song that a lot of 6.5" speakers have a hard time reproducing. The Illusion, Hertz, Esotar and TM play them just fine but when she starts to sing while those notes are being played it really resonates her voice and is a bit sloppy. Less of an issue with the Hertz and almost imperceptible with the Esotar but with the Sinfoni it sounds as if it is a different driver making the midrange frequencies. In a two way configuration these are a superior speaker to anything I have ever heard. And I mean EVER.
As I have said before, they don't reproduce music but sound like the actual music. Like the artist is there with you singing only to you. The cones speed and control is breathtaking and for me it is listening nirvana. These are the midranges by which all others should be judged. Its the BMW M3 of the speaker world. That's not even a good comparison. Its the BMW M3 with the performance of an Agera R.

Pink Floyd is a whole new experience. I can sit for hours and listen to it. The sound so much reminds me of my old Infinity Beta IRS Vs I am shocked. Then again hearing memory isn't the best and its been a decade since I had them but I always remember losing myself in the music and the feeling of bliss when I heard them and these speakers provide the same feeling.

I do have them paired with some pretty righteous tweeters though. The Scan Speak R2904 is a joy paired with these. Seamless blending and an excellent companion. If the Sinfoni tweeters pair half as well then this will be one exciting ride.

I still have them high passed at 80hz with a 12db slope and the subwoofers are at 63hz with a 12db slope. I run the mids to 3.15k on a 6db slope and the tweeters at 3.15k with an 18db slope. So far they take anything I can dish at them. They have even allowed me to listen to some of my songs I like that I only have in a lower quality MP3 version. On some of my other systems these songs just sounded terrible due to the poor recording quality. While I hear it with these they seem to smooth out the rough edges and allow me to once again enjoy my entire music library.

They have a heafty price tag but are worth every penny. They are cheaper than the Esotars but I believe to be a superior speaker. They are more than the large Scan-Speak 18WU but you don't need a ridiculous mounting depth for them.

In short, if you have the means then you will love these speakers in your system. Easy to dial in and the sound is just spectacular. I can only imagine what the Grandioso must be like.
Wow, nice write-up. Sounds like a killer mid.

Stereo Integrity
------------------
Ultra-low distortion and high fidelity from 7 Hz to 30,000 Hz.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 152 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

They really are Nick. Expensive but really nice. They blend perfect with the SI BM sub but then again its been easy to pair anything with those.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
Old 06-15-2015   #31
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 172 Electrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
They really are Nick. Expensive but really nice. They blend perfect with the SI BM sub but then again its been easy to pair anything with those.
I liked a few of the itemized elements of those mids in their literature like the bifilar voice coil. I use bifilar coils in my larger subwoofer drivers to lower inductance due to the size/length of the coil which works out well overall since the WW (winding width, or total length of the windings) is almost 3" tall. It's neat to see someone employing the same bifilar coil style on a mid.

The Sinfoni driver is a bit deeper than the TM65 so it can afford not to have venting treatment above, on, or below, the spider to smooth out the response (again, not needed with that tad bit extra depth) and the driver looks absolutely gorgeous!

Stereo Integrity
------------------
Ultra-low distortion and high fidelity from 7 Hz to 30,000 Hz.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2015   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

I have not changed an EQ setting in a week now. That is unheard of for me. Every time I hop in the truck I smile due to the sound of these instruments.

I was even caught off guard on my way to pick up a couple amps I will be reviewing. I was listening to "Yours is no Disgrace" by Yes, a song I have listened to for over 30 years and on anything from a $5 Walkman to a $132,000 home system and I heard something I never once noticed before. Around the 7 minute mark when its just soft vocals and an acoustic guitar you can hear the guitarist lightly smack the guitar a few times. Granted it could be a small bongo drum in the background instead but I had never heard it before or at least never noticed it.
I wasn't just sitting there doing a listening session as well. I was in traffic doing 40 MPH and had the AC on max so there was plenty noise to mask it.

Its those little things that separate a good speaker from something wonderful.

These are MY reference standard for mids. All future tests I will be using them as my reference point. Don't expect any reviews on a Kicker coaxial. LOL

Old 06-25-2015   #33

Rep Power: 54 darkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enough

Lol. That's hilarious.
darkgable79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2015   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

Awesome to here Bill! I am absolutely loving mine, what little time I have spent with them in the playroom.

Old 06-25-2015   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

So? Sinfoni or MP for your mid?

Old 06-25-2015   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Sinfoni, no question about it. Ill have 2 builds tho, eventually. One first all Sinfoni, the other MP in my weekend car

Old 06-26-2015   #37

Rep Power: 54 darkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeppinkdiver View Post
Sinfoni, no question about it. Ill have 2 builds tho, eventually. One first all Sinfoni, the other MP in my weekend car
Nice. Upper echelon sound all-around.
Old 06-26-2015   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Baller. Well I get to pair them with the Sinfoni T25T tomorrow and see how they compliment each other.

One spectacular thing about Sinfoni speakers is they were designed to perform excellent in off axis applications so they are just a no brainer for stock position stealth setups. It will still be easy to aim these tiny tweeters directly at my nose even in the stock door loactions. They are just so small!

Old 06-26-2015   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

I have been exploring location ideas of my T25 and the options seem endless. I can not wait to get mine in my truck.

Old 06-27-2015   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

So here is a teaser video. My camera sucks so there is really no justice being done here. I dont even think it can record in stereo.
For future reviews I would be happy to post quality videos if anyone has a good audio quality camera they would like to donate or sell cheap.
I realize not everyone has a good set of PC speakers but some do and the people looking at these kind of speakers i am sure have great sounding PC systems. I have seen a couple videos from members here that had a nice quality audio mic and camera and you really got a great feel for what their system can do.

Anyway, here is a taste of their goodness.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 06-29-2015   #41

Man those sound great.
Old 06-29-2015   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Did you guys get some in Tx yet?

Old 06-29-2015   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

I openly invite any Texans to come listen to my truck. It is not the end all be all but will allow you to sample them and get an impression.
I also hope someone with good tuning abilities and some equipment can help me tweek these to the best of their abilities. I am willing to pay.

I also would love some others opinions just to make sure i am not being biased.

Old 06-29-2015   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

That is awfully kind of you Bill. I would think there are some other SQ guys near you that could help and enjoy a taste of Sinfoni as well.

Old 06-29-2015   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeppinkdiver View Post
Did you guys get some in Tx yet?
I spoke with Emilios & Custom Car Stereo recently & the speakers should be arriving early this week. They should have them set up around Thursday or Friday.
Old 06-29-2015   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Excellent.

Old 07-01-2015   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

I spent the better part of the day enjoying new WAV files on the unit since most of my stuff with a few exceptions is MP3. I have been throughly enjoying these speakers.

I hate the Eagles yet one of the songs was the Live Hotel California song and holy hell I had to listen to it several times. Its like you are right there in the front row. Separation and depth is unbelievable. I dont know this song well so have no comparisons but its making me Think of trying other Eagles songs.

Alice in Chains "No Excuses" acoustic is just an event. The vocals are so crisp and clear I just sit there and drool on myself.

The bongos and drums in a song called "Big Brother" are right there on the dash. You can hear there is one on the right and a separate one on the left channel. Very cool. Might not be a bongo but its some small percussion instrument.

Improvisation from the Focal disc is a real treat. The drums sound spectacular and are well placed. The track seems like the mike is in the middle of the drum set because separation is impressive. Hearing the hair drum stick slide across the drum is very lifelike. The smacking of the side of the drums comes across with a solid click and the blend handing off the high hat from the mid to the tweeter is seamless.

These speakers are just continuing to blow me away. I will be reviewing the tweeters soon but here is a hint. They are quite special.

Old 07-01-2015   #48

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 81 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Forgive me for asking, but have you done any reviews on the HAT L3SE or just the L3? I'm have not yet had the pleasure of hearing one, but was considering it for a future build.

High Resolution Audio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2015   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

No sir. I have yet to sample any HAT equipment.

Old 07-01-2015   #50

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 81 High Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enoughHigh Resolution Audio will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply!

High Resolution Audio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement