Average Joe Review: Sinfoni Masteoso T165W - Page 5 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015   #101
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Average Joe Review: Sinfoni Masteoso T165W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
Comeon man! Out with it! How do you like them with the KAXBLTWTs?
I plan on doing a review thread to discuss the two drivers together as a combo. Busy week and weekend for me at work, and then i hope to get some time to sit down and try and put into words what i think of these.

Hint: I really like them alot, but i am still experimenting with XO points to meld them together better. First listening was Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley, and the soundstage was phenomenal, with the tweeters low in the doors i have music up above the rear view mirror and basically full windshield. But i had never listened to that CD much before buying these drivers so it was not a fair test.

Last night i put in some DMB which i am very familiar with and i lost a bunch of height on the soundstage, and things sounded a little less lively, especially in tweeter world. Sio like i said i have some level adjustments to make, and some XO adjustments...and maybe even need to figure out the phase settings on the helix

But do i like them? Yes i really think they are going play very nicely with each other if i can dial in a little more sparkle out of the tweeter and raise the soundstage with the tweeters in the lower doors below the woofers.

The woofer continues to blow me away...my first thoughts were how effortless it seemed to be in making music, and i am modifying that a little, i am growing to appreciate something else in the speaker, and that is how much control it has over each note its playing...and how detailed it is able to render each note.

It really is something special to listen too.

2018 Crosstrek
P SIX DSP MK2 GB10 GB25 Gs690 RM12 Z-2KD II
miniSQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015   #102
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 153 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Try a crosover around 3.15k with a 18-24 db slope on the tweeter and 6-12 db slope on the mid. I think you may find that to be the sweet spot.

And yeah, these mids are something else. Never have I heard a driver that can simultaneously reproduce a drum kick in the 150 hz area while also reproducing female vocals and not lose impact on the bass or muddy up the vocals. They sound as if you have two speakers.
Wait till they break in! After 30-40 hours their bottom end really gets impressive. Dont hear any change above 300hz but below they really get some impact.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015   #103

Rep Power: 79 low4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enough

You guys are gonna make me spend a lot of money������
low4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015   #104
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by low4ever View Post
You guys are gonna make me spend a lot of money������
In the words of a very wise man...Do it

2018 Crosstrek
Old 08-14-2015   #105
SQ_TSX

Of you're wanting save some greenbacks. ... the Sinfoni Eroico set is very nice !

Better than most others best offerings....
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015   #106

Rep Power: 79 low4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enoughlow4ever will become famous soon enough

You guys...smh I knew I was in trouble when I joined this site. Thing is I always wanted a high sq system. Never wanted to spend the green, but this is going in a car i plan on having for a long time, so be it. I only want the best for this ride. So I feel I can justify it!!!
low4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015   #107

Rep Power: 70 #1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough#1BigMike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You guys...smh I knew I was in trouble when I joined this site. Thing is I always wanted a high sq system. Never wanted to spend the green, but this is going in a car i plan on having for a long time, so be it. I only want the best for this ride. So I feel I can justify it!!!
#1BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015   #108
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
i can justify it after i bought them as saying that these drivers will truly be with me for many many more installs. Not sure i have ever felt that way about a driver before. They are that good.

2018 Crosstrek
Old 08-14-2015   #109
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 153 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

I had danced around with "cheaper" drivers and liked many of them. They all had some great traits and some compromises. The Sinfoni does not compromise. They only give you excellent sound. They are also very unusual about how user friendly they are. As I was spending more and more on my speakers I noticed positioning becoming more and more critical. Also the better they got the worst they sounded with sub-perfect recordings or certain styles of music. Some of that has to do with them being home drivers. The Sinfonis were designed from the get go for the automotive environment. They knew how hard it is to have the speakers on axis and issues to work around with door mounted drivers. As a result they sound spectacular on or off axis. They also somehow allow you to listen to sub-par recordings or any kind of music and always sound great. The tweeters are just dazzling and the woofers realy kick some tail on the low end while maintaing perfect pitch on vocals.
For the first time I can mean it when I say my front stage is done. There is no other speaker out there like these and they are just wonderful. The ONLY speakers I could ever see me swapping these out for would be the Grandioso but there is no way to fit them in my doors so thats out.
If the truck ever gets sold they will not be sold with the truck. Actually I am so happy with every component I have now I wouldnt sell any of it with the truck. LOL

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
Old 08-14-2015   #110
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
In the words of a very wise man...Do it
LOL. Now where have I heard that before?......

Old 08-14-2015   #111
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 CDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
I had danced around with "cheaper" drivers and liked many of them. They all had some great traits and some compromises. The Sinfoni does not compromise. They only give you excellent sound. They are also very unusual about how user friendly they are. As I was spending more and more on my speakers I noticed positioning becoming more and more critical. Also the better they got the worst they sounded with sub-perfect recordings or certain styles of music. Some of that has to do with them being home drivers. The Sinfonis were designed from the get go for the automotive environment. They knew how hard it is to have the speakers on axis and issues to work around with door mounted drivers. As a result they sound spectacular on or off axis. They also somehow allow you to listen to sub-par recordings or any kind of music and always sound great. The tweeters are just dazzling and the woofers realy kick some tail on the low end while maintaing perfect pitch on vocals.
For the first time I can mean it when I say my front stage is done. There is no other speaker out there like these and they are just wonderful. The ONLY speakers I could ever see me swapping these out for would be the Grandioso but there is no way to fit them in my doors so thats out.
If the truck ever gets sold they will not be sold with the truck. Actually I am so happy with every component I have now I wouldnt sell any of it with the truck. LOL
I'm going to have to make the drive down to Waco so that I can hear these things. Even if I can't afford them, at least I will know what SQ level a car audio system is capable of and I be forever disappointed with the sound of whatever system I have.
CDT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2015   #112

Rep Power: 55 darkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enoughdarkgable79 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT FAN View Post
I'm going to have to make the drive down to Waco so that I can hear these things. Even if I can't afford them, at least I will know what SQ level a car audio system is capable of and I be forever disappointed with the sound of whatever system I have.
Any trip made to hear these speakers is well worth it. We didn't have any way of hearing these in the Houston area & Emilios fixed that by sending a set of Eroico to a dealer here. If I would've known that their mid-level speaker would sound that great I would've driven anywhere in the state to hear the Maestoso or Grandioso.
darkgable79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2015   #113
SQ_TSX

In my opinion... the secret sauce is that Sinfoni "voices" all there speakers in a car.... multiple cars actually.... during the lengthy development process. ...

My $0.02

Hey, I just have away part of my Grandioso review....
Old 08-17-2015   #114
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 141 Huckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enoughHuckleberry Sound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ_TSX View Post
In my opinion... the secret sauce is that Sinfoni "voices" all there speakers in a car.... multiple cars actually.... during the lengthy development process. ...

My $0.02

Hey, I just have away part of my Grandioso review....
Lets see the review. Are you holding out on us?

Huckleberry Sound
Huckleberry Sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2015   #115
SQ_TSX

Brother I do have a day job and family.... LOL

I'll be posting it this week....
Old 08-17-2015   #116
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:

Not holding my breath....

2018 Crosstrek
Old 08-21-2015   #117
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:

Just dew eeeettttt!

I am very excited to read about them.

I am a bit depressed as one of our members was wanting to drive down about 70 miles to come hear mine yesterday but I have been super sick all week and just an unbelievable headache so I knew I couldnt really get into a demo. Weather was perfect for it yesterday too as it was only 68* all day and it would have been nice and comfortable.
I will make it up to them though.

I have been wanting to tweak the EQ all week as something sounds a bit off but I think its just me. Head is throbbing and sinuses are blocked so i know its messing with my hearing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement