Average Joe Review: Sinfoni Masteoso T165W - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 153 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Default Average Joe Review: Sinfoni Masteoso T165W

Its time once again for my completely useless and meaningless reviews.

This really is not a review yet just a show off of something newish that has blown my perception of a speaker out the window. I will be throughly testing these with some Scan Speak Revelator R2904s and Sinfonis own T25 Masteoso (Pronounced My-sto-so) tweeter. After talking with fellow testers and distributors of these speakers..... speakers is wrong, musical instruments, I decided to give them a go.

I will get much more in depth in a week or so but right off the bat they are stunning. Beautiful construction, excellent terminals and a gorgeous glass fiber/ carbon fiber cone. They have quite a bit of heft and the steel ring around the face is a nice touch to help from distorting the basket on installation.

I can tell you my friend is very upset at spending so much on his 3-way Focal K2 Power setup that I had installed only an hour earlier. He hoped in my truck, listened to the speakers and then swore at me and gave me the finger while shouting "Not one day! Not one day am I allowed to have the better sounding system!" LMAO!

Here are some pics.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2015   #2

Rep Power: 58 danzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enoughdanzell will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Average Joe Review: Sinfoni Masteoso T165W

Hot damn that looks nice! In for your thoughts on the sound.
danzell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2015   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 116 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

I cannot wait, mine will be here tomorrow!! Yipee!!

Glad to hear that you are loving these Bill!

deeppinkdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015   #4

Rep Power: 65 WhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enoughWhiteL02 will become famous soon enough

Very nice... How much?
WhiteL02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2015   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 153 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Lots LOL.

The Grandioso are:
2-way set with crossovers: $6,600
CF25T Tweeters: $2,200
CF165W Woofers: $2,950

The Maestoso are:
2-way set with crossovers: $1,980
T25T: $580
T165W: $950

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
Old 06-10-2015   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

I did get to A/B them yesterday with couple other mids. Not very scientific but I have a mono hi-def copy of Robert Plants "In The Mood" and ran the Sinfoni on the right and the TM65 on the left. All I had to do was mute one side and switch back and forth. I then swapped the SI for a Focal K2 Power and did it again. I then tried a Dayton Classic and my single Esotar that has an ugly cone. Cone got a scratch in it so I got it for free. Does not seem to change its sound signature as I have heard a couple Esotars in the last month.

If you took the bass and inpact from the Esotar and mixed it with the midrange of a Hertz ML1600 (first gen) to 2000 hz and then added in a nice 4" mid to extend to 5000hz and gave the cone the good looks of the Illusions then you are kinda close to this speakers sound.

I have them playing to 3.15k with a 6db slope and they are just fantastic. I currently have the high pass at 80hz with a 18db slope but will drop it to 63hz after they break in. They have the bass authority that the TM65 has down low but with better control.

I will continue to tweak them and then run some of my test music and report back how they handle certain instruments. Hope Steve can help me out with that CD that has some interesting stuff on it to really experiment. So far though the metal guitar in Rushs "Shoot High, Aim Low" is very impressive as is the guitar in the right channel on Elton Johns "Leavon". Time and Money from Pink Floyd bring me back to the days when I had my Infinity IRS Beta Vs.

Old 06-10-2015   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 165 Brian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura about

Bold statements being made. Wish I had the coin to swap.

Glad my ears are ignorant and content with what I'm running. I think sinfoni could ruin me!

2004 Tahoe Z-71
Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS
Eric Stevens 2xQ700.2 1xQ1200.1
Seas Twiddlers, Silver flute 6.5", Alpine Type S 10" AKA budget speakers
Brian_smith06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2015   #8

Rep Power: 68 Phil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enough

What!! close to $7K for car speakers?!!! I hope you donate!
Phil Indeblanc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 116 deeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enoughdeeppinkdiver will become famous soon enough

Nice write up Bill. Great comparisons and analogy of the combined efforts of many to create the Sinfoni sound. The T25t tweeters do it so effortlessly, you are going to be blown away by them! As for the midbass it has to be the same, my T165's will be in late today. I will at least have time to fondel them tonight. Im heading out of town in the morning so I have a busy night tonight and likely will not get them set up for audition on my sound board.

Ill make a copy of the CD we spoke about for you asap and get it mailed out.

Old 06-11-2015   #10
SQ_TSX

So glad you like the Sinfoni Maesotso... As most of you know, I'm a Sinfoni fanatic... I've always been impressed with the amplifiers going back to the Amplitude series...

The Sinfoni speakers are just as impressive... absolutely stunning in presentation as well as sound... just wonderful.

By the way, let those T165W break in for about 200 hours... if you think they sound great now... just wait until they've been loosened up a bit...

In addition to the Maestoso speakers... The Appassionato and Eroico sets are equally impressive... For the Appassionato to be the entry level product... truly breathtaking performance...!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 116 sirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
and Sinfonis own T25 Masteoso (Pronounced My-sto-so) tweeter.
Nice kit!

But, being Italian, I gotta razz you a bit. The word MAESTOSO (not masteoso) is pronounced My sto zo (key to say ZZZZZooo not SSSSooo) and the "My" part is more Mahyee-ish than it is straight My.

Now, back to it... give me your speakers because I want them!!!
sirbOOm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Ill have to work on my tongue exercises to get that one just right ^

The wife will be happy to help me im sure, deeppinkdiver back in action...lol

Old 06-11-2015   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,176 Posts
Rep Power: 452 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeppinkdiver View Post

savage

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbOOm View Post
Nice kit!

But, being Italian, I gotta razz you a bit. The word MAESTOSO (not masteoso) is pronounced My sto zo (key to say ZZZZZooo not SSSSooo) and the "My" part is more Mahyee-ish than it is straight My.

Now, back to it... give me your speakers because I want them!!!
I can not spell well. I also have a hard time pronouncing these speakers names. LOL
I could have sworn Emilios said "My-sto-so" when I asked him to pronounce them several times.

BTW, the customer service is just spectacular. I feel bad for speaking to Jerry and Emilios so much but they are so damn helpful.
Steve on the other hand just convinces me to spend more money.

Old 06-11-2015   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 452 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

im still not even sure how sinfoni is pronounced.. like symphony but the m changed to an N, or sin-phone-ee, or how i originally though sin-fahn-ee..?

Old 06-11-2015   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_smith06 View Post
Bold statements being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Indeblanc View Post
What!! close to $7K for car speakers?!!! I hope you donate!
I do. I am a Platinum member.

And I only have 4 or 5 grand in the whole system. Wait...... I had a $1500 budget....

Old 06-11-2015   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 165 Brian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
[img]

And I only have 4 or 5 grand in the whole system. Wait...... I had a $1500 budget....
Know how that goes. Told the wife I would only spend a grand on my system

luckily since I buy in stages and occasionally sell old stuff off she cant keep track of what I spend on it.

That being said I only have 200 invested in all of my drivers and I bought them all nib! Then again my drivers vs yours are apples to oranges

2004 Tahoe Z-71
Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS
Eric Stevens 2xQ700.2 1xQ1200.1
Seas Twiddlers, Silver flute 6.5", Alpine Type S 10" AKA budget speakers
Brian_smith06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Steve on the other hand just convinces me to spend more money.

So I am also helpful because im poiting you in the right direction..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
im still not even sure how sinfoni is pronounced.. like symphony but the m changed to an N, or sin-phone-ee, or how i originally though sin-fahn-ee..?

It is the same as Symphony.

Old 06-11-2015   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:

And I only have 4 or 5 grand in the whole system.

Man I miss those days ^

Old 06-11-2015   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 116 sirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura aboutsirbOOm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I see what you did there.
sirbOOm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 xxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enoughxxx_busa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Man I miss those days ^

Me Too....... what wife , she ran long ago,
xxx_busa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx_busa View Post
Me Too....... what wife , she ran long ago,
Ha.. That too. My current wife is awesome, we have a dont ask dont tell policy. My side jobs is how I buy all my toys.

I was actually refering to back when I ONLY spent 4-5k on a build..lol

Old 06-15-2015   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Okay I have about 20 hours on them now and am simply overjoyed with these things capabilities. I have had the good fortune to test many great speakers the last couple years and have been pretty happy with each and every one of them. Says a lot for todays tech. These quite simply are on another level. Their ability to reproduce 60-150 hz where the impact is at is stellar. They are tight and accurate which you would expect from a high end 6.5" driver. Whats really impressive is they can also play just great to 4000hz (as tested though are said to play higher just fine) while also producing those bass frequencies.
One song in particular that stands out is a song by Haim. Its a remix of.... crud, have to look up the songs name again. Anyway there is a complex bass line in the beginning of the song that a lot of 6.5" speakers have a hard time reproducing. The Illusion, Hertz, Esotar and TM play them just fine but when she starts to sing while those notes are being played it really resonates her voice and is a bit sloppy. Less of an issue with the Hertz and almost imperceptible with the Esotar but with the Sinfoni it sounds as if it is a different driver making the midrange frequencies. In a two way configuration these are a superior speaker to anything I have ever heard. And I mean EVER.
As I have said before, they don't reproduce music but sound like the actual music. Like the artist is there with you singing only to you. The cones speed and control is breathtaking and for me it is listening nirvana. These are the midranges by which all others should be judged. Its the BMW M3 of the speaker world. That's not even a good comparison. Its the BMW M3 with the performance of an Agera R.

Pink Floyd is a whole new experience. I can sit for hours and listen to it. The sound so much reminds me of my old Infinity Beta IRS Vs I am shocked. Then again hearing memory isn't the best and its been a decade since I had them but I always remember losing myself in the music and the feeling of bliss when I heard them and these speakers provide the same feeling.

I do have them paired with some pretty righteous tweeters though. The Scan Speak R2904 is a joy paired with these. Seamless blending and an excellent companion. If the Sinfoni tweeters pair half as well then this will be one exciting ride.

I still have them high passed at 80hz with a 12db slope and the subwoofers are at 63hz with a 12db slope. I run the mids to 3.15k on a 6db slope and the tweeters at 3.15k with an 18db slope. So far they take anything I can dish at them. They have even allowed me to listen to some of my songs I like that I only have in a lower quality MP3 version. On some of my other systems these songs just sounded terrible due to the poor recording quality. While I hear it with these they seem to smooth out the rough edges and allow me to once again enjoy my entire music library.

They have a heafty price tag but are worth every penny. They are cheaper than the Esotars but I believe to be a superior speaker. They are more than the large Scan-Speak 18WU but you don't need a ridiculous mounting depth for them.

In short, if you have the means then you will love these speakers in your system. Easy to dial in and the sound is just spectacular. I can only imagine what the Grandioso must be like.

Old 06-15-2015   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
The cones speed and control is breathtaking and for me it is listening nirvana.
ummm. what? lol

Old 06-15-2015   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

The cone moves fast and is well controlled which helps with midrange frequencies. It does so due to a strong motor and light cone. Because it moves so fast it sounds good. I thoroughly enjoy listening to them and it brings a sense of euphoria or nirvana.

Or you can read it as it sucks so bad I cant breath and want to shoot myself like Kurt from Nirvana did......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement