Average Joe Review : Mosconi Zero Amps - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2015   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 gregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Average Joe Review : Mosconi Zero Amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
Sure thing. Send me those 18WUs so i can try them out.
Too bad your not closer. But you've got me seriously thinking about changing up my amps for my new build..

gregerst22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2015   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makky View Post
Thanks.
Which Sinfoni amps are you checking out? and will you be posting a review thread like this on them as well? I hope so! : )
Ya know, I am not exactly sure which one was sent. LOL Its not one of the big boys but its a Sinfoni so it will be good anyway.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerst22 View Post
Too bad your not closer. But you've got me seriously thinking about changing up my amps for my new build..
I would in a heartbeat with your speakers. I would put money on the fact if you just yanked those PDX amps and replaced them with Zeros that you would be blown away by how much you were missing and by how much louder the system can get.

All around just a wonderful line of amplifiers.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.

Old 08-14-2015   #29

Rep Power: 71 juiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enough

Off topic Laser, but love your signature. What did you use to create it?

2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6 R Limited with Starlink - Helix DSP.2 - PG Ti2 1600.5 - Hertz HV 165 - Hertz HT 25 - JL 12TW3-D4
juiceweazel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

I used a Skiezer.

Old 08-14-2015   #31

Rep Power: 71 juiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enoughjuiceweazel will become famous soon enough

Ha ha, I see. I need to get me one of those fancy looking sigs as it completes my pledging into this fraternity

2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6 R Limited with Starlink - Helix DSP.2 - PG Ti2 1600.5 - Hertz HV 165 - Hertz HT 25 - JL 12TW3-D4
Old 08-22-2015   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 gregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I would in a heartbeat with your speakers. I would put money on the fact if you just yanked those PDX amps and replaced them with Zeros that you would be blown away by how much you were missing and by how much louder the system can get.

All around just a wonderful line of amplifiers.
I'm very, very tempted to try them. It seems like everybody that runs Mosconi amps love them but I like the fact that I have 3000+ watts in a foot print that basically amounts to third of a cu ft. and the power efficiency of class d is nice. I'm also reminded of the fact these 2nd gen PDX amps haven't done too badly on the SQ scene, like for example when Gary Summers won nationals a few years back in his Mercedes using all PDX amplification.
I think when I get to the point in my new build where I've taken my current gear as far as I can with install and tuning and I get the itch to switch things up I'll def be looking at changing the amps. I'll also be in a much better position then to gauge the sq difference if I make a change after I'm fully accustomed to how my system sounds as apposed to doing it now when I'll be installing everything into a totally new car, ie environment.

gregerst22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015   #33

Rep Power: 80 mechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enough

Hey Laser, would you think there's an audible difference going from the Mosconi AS series to the Zero series?
mechatron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

I don't think I could give an honest answer on that. I wasn't expecting much of a change at all when switching from the JL Slash amps to the Zeros and I was way off. The change from JL to Mosconi was as large as the change using MB Quart Formulas to the JLs.

As for the AS to Zero, I see just as many winning cars using the AS as I do the Zeros. There have been a couple members here state that going from AS to Zero they could tell a difference. In my amp thread in the general section is where that discussion is buried. Just have to read through all the other stuff. LOL

As to the PDX comment I am in no way against the PDX and think they are excellent small footprint amps. Clean and powerful. I am not always on point with the correct wording but to me they just don't seem to display anything special. They have no character. Like an IRS accountant. They do a job and they do it just how it should be done but you don't want to have a beer with them if that make any sense.
The Mosconi just helps to allow you to ignore the componentry and to become immersed in the music. To me thats the hallmark of something special.

Old 08-22-2015   #35

Rep Power: 80 mechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enoughmechatron will become famous soon enough

Quote:

As for the AS to Zero, I see just as many winning cars using the AS as I do the Zeros. There have been a couple members here state that going from AS to Zero they could tell a difference. In my amp thread in the general section is where that discussion is buried. Just have to read through all the other stuff. LOL

Great info, thanks mate
mechatron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015   #36

Rep Power: 63 Makky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enough

Laser any idea on when you'll be getting your hands on the Sinfonis?
Sorry for sounding impatient but really looking forward to your comparison between the two. I hope It'll be the Tempo series : P

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-80PRS
Speakers - Morel Elate 602
Amplifier - Zapco Z-150.4LX
Makky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Laser any idea on when you'll be getting your hands on the Sinfonis?
Sorry for sounding impatient but really looking forward to your comparison between the two. I hope It'll be the Tempo series : P
Its here. Its a single Amplitude 60.1 HD. Due to the trucks configuration I wont really be able to test it in there. Instead it will be used in the Mark VIII that is running passive and its current amp is close to the same power.
I will be converting some of my songs to MONO and then just L/R adjust so I can do an A/B comparison against the JL 300/4 running Focal KX3s.

Old 08-25-2015   #38

Rep Power: 63 Makky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enoughMakky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Its here. Its a single Amplitude 60.1 HD. Due to the trucks configuration I wont really be able to test it in there. Instead it will be used in the Mark VIII that is running passive and its current amp is close to the same power.
I will be converting some of my songs to MONO and then just L/R adjust so I can do an A/B comparison against the JL 300/4 running Focal KX3s.

Ah the Amplitude, I believe these are the predecessor to the Tempo line.
Hope after your adjustments we'll be able to still get a clear idea of the Sinfoni.

Looking forward to what you have to say about them ^_^.

Old 08-25-2015   #39
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 310 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah the Amplitude, I believe these are the predecessor to the Tempo line.
Hope after your adjustments we'll be able to still get a clear idea of the Sinfoni.

Looking forward to what you have to say about them ^_^.
More like the predecessor to the Prima line

The 60.1HD has been since replaced by the Prestigio Class A

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2015   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post

Kelvin
Oooh that's for clearing that up.
If it's a top tier amplifier that is the La Prima then I'm really looking forward to this now! : D

Old 08-28-2015   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Tomorrow it gets wired up and tuned then time to see if I can blow up some Focals.

Old 08-28-2015   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post

Kelvin
Yeah at 3k each they are pretty freakin high end. 60 watts..... thats $50 a watt! I was staring at the little brute earlier and realized just how hard it will be to mount! Just has these tiny screw holes on bottom. At least the car it is going in wont be driven anywhere for a few days so the amp will just sit on the seat and play the passenger front speakers.
Car is not active and has ZERO DSP on it so it will just be as original signal as possible which I prefer when testing an amp. No outside interference to "make" it sound better.

Old 08-30-2015   #43

Quote:
Tomorrow it gets wired up and tuned then time to see if I can blow up some Focals.
Now this makes me sad and excited at the same time!

Old 08-30-2015   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Kidding about the Focals. My brother would kill me or at least beat on me with a hammer until I replaced them. He LOVES his KX3s and they are his first quality speaker hes ever owned. Before them his best was a pair of Infinity Kappa 6x8 Components.

If my truck was passive or if I had two amps I would test them in it but doing it in his car does force me to listen to the amp vs tuning as all he has is a Pioneer Z140.

Old 08-30-2015   #45

Just a slight upgrade from the infinities ha ha.
Can we get pics of the hammer bruises?? Just kidding. Looking forward to the review, not that focals are in my near future though

Old 06-25-2019   #46

Rep Power: 0 Edwinoctavio will become famous soon enoughEdwinoctavio will become famous soon enoughEdwinoctavio will become famous soon enoughEdwinoctavio will become famous soon enoughEdwinoctavio will become famous soon enoughEdwinoctavio will become famous soon enough

I just bought the Mosconi D2 500.1 and the D2 80.6 DSP. How would you compare the Zeros or the AS line to these? Thanks
Edwinoctavio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement