Stereo Integrity 12 Mag v3 Re-release - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2015   #26

Rep Power: 79 etroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Stereo Integrity 12 Mag v3 Re-release

Yep I'm there to, my truck has a 13tw5 it's not a loud sub at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS->Helix DSP->Mosconi AS100.4-> KAXBLTW, AS100.4-> Hertz ML1600, Mosconi AS300.2-> SI 12 MagV3
etroze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2015   #27
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 166 Electrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weigel21 View Post
Oh, and given the MAG is supposedly DVC 2 ohm, I'd be forced to either buy a new amp or run it at 4 ohms as I don't have anything that does 1K at 1 ohm.

Wait, yeah I do. Well, rated to do anyways. Memphis 16-MCD1000.

But I could potentially wire it for 4 ohms and feed it up to 700RMS or as little as 300RMS depending on the amp I opt to use from my collection.
Haha, there's no "supposedly". It IS a dual 2 Ohm subwoofer.

T/S parameters are always taken with the coils in series (or are taken in series unless the manufacturer is trying to inflate certain numbers and measure them in parallel).

Stereo Integrity
------------------
Ultra-low distortion and high fidelity from 7 Hz to 30,000 Hz.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015   #28

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 79 Weigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, and I bet you get more of a laugh when you realize I requested a DVC 4 ohm when ordering. LOL
Weigel21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015   #29

Rep Power: 79 etroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enoughetroze will become famous soon enough

Oh boy forgot to address that part of my review lol.

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS->Helix DSP->Mosconi AS100.4-> KAXBLTW, AS100.4-> Hertz ML1600, Mosconi AS300.2-> SI 12 MagV3
Old 09-21-2015   #30

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 79 Weigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enoughWeigel21 will become famous soon enough

So, given T/S parameters are with coils wired in series, what does one do when looking to run the sub with coils wired in parallel for a 1 ohm load? I mean parameters change some with the coils wired differently, right? So an enclosure with the sub wired for 4 ohms may not perform the same with the sub wired at 1 ohm, right? Or wrong?
Old 09-21-2015   #31

It should be pretty negligible when wiring different loads. Your amp could possibly lyrics play I bigger difference, depending on the amp.

Old 09-21-2015   #32

Rep Power: 52 EcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enoughEcoHawk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Wise decision. I learned from a few of friends who gave lower and mi-grade subs hell from the start, which lasted anywhere from minutes to days before giving out. That and I'm not really into LOUD overbearing bass that completely dominates my music, which helps. LOL
I gave mine hell right from the start and it never flinched.

2011 Infiniti G37x... Planning stage.
EcoHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015   #33
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 166 Electrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enoughElectrodynamic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So, given T/S parameters are with coils wired in series, what does one do when looking to run the sub with coils wired in parallel for a 1 ohm load? I mean parameters change some with the coils wired differently, right? So an enclosure with the sub wired for 4 ohms may not perform the same with the sub wired at 1 ohm, right? Or wrong?
The parameters will change, yes. But they change in ways that offset each other but the enclosure size, type, etc, remains the same. The short of it: Don't worry about it.

Speaking in non-precise units here: going from series of 4 Ohms to parallel of 1 Ohm will reduce Re and Le and lower BL. BUT you have to look at Re when you look at BL. You also have to look at Le in relation to Re. All three specifications change with the other and in the end the driver behaves the same regardless of how you wire it. Your amplifiers damping factor will change with substantially higher or lower impedance but the driver itself will behave the same if your amplifier specs stayed the same. But the latter is nit-picking.

Stereo Integrity
------------------
Old 09-21-2015   #34

Rep Power: 58 Gomer Pilot will become famous soon enoughGomer Pilot will become famous soon enoughGomer Pilot will become famous soon enoughGomer Pilot will become famous soon enoughGomer Pilot will become famous soon enoughGomer Pilot will become famous soon enough

Nick,

Are these completely sold out or just on hold like the TM65?
Gomer Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015   #35

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
The parameters will change, yes. But they change in ways that offset each other but the enclosure size, type, etc, remains the same. The short of it: Don't worry about it.

Speaking in non-precise units here: going from series of 4 Ohms to parallel of 1 Ohm will reduce Re and Le and lower BL. BUT you have to look at Re when you look at BL. You also have to look at Le in relation to Re. All three specifications change with the other and in the end the driver behaves the same regardless of how you wire it. Your amplifiers damping factor will change with substantially higher or lower impedance but the driver itself will behave the same if your amplifier specs stayed the same. But the latter is nit-picking.
Good to know it's marginal and nothing to worry about. I'd always wondered about such and with subs that are DVC 4 ohm or the DVC 6 ohm MKII I picked up, it'd be quite difficult to feed them rated power at 8 ohms or 12 ohms with their coils wired in series if the difference was vast between series and parallel wiring.
Old 09-27-2015   #36

Rep Power: 0 soap94 will become famous soon enoughsoap94 will become famous soon enoughsoap94 will become famous soon enoughsoap94 will become famous soon enoughsoap94 will become famous soon enoughsoap94 will become famous soon enough

and how much does it costs?
soap94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2015   #37

When it was available this last round it was $140.

Old 09-27-2015   #38

Enthusiast

May well be available again at the same discounted price in a matter of weeks. Sure hoping the Mids, when available, are at the same discounted price.
Old 10-05-2015   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 947 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to bring this back up, I have one of these subs and I'm building a very intricate but fiberglass-free box design to maximize a hatchback trunk (Speed3) and I'm having a difficult time modeling (Sketchup and WinISD Pro a.) a solution that will handle the port sizing properly. Simply put, this thing wants tons of port Like 40+ inches of 4" port X 2. Realistically, what velocity would you consider below threshold (for a hatchback aka non-sealed trunk to the cabin) for audible chuffing? I am heavily considering flared ports of various types to go along with that.

Alternately I came across this: Creative Sound - Product Details and while it isn't pretty at all, it models BEAUTIFULLY in WinISD, with tons of weight near 900g to get the fs down. I mean just on the model at 700W or so, the thing is working perfectly and it goes very deep on the response plot, with no sign of bottoming either the sub or the PR. The 15" one clearly would have to be the one to use, or a pair of the 12" models but there's no space.

Secondary question, say the sub is firing toward the rear of the trunk in this hatch. Could I possibly fire the PR forward toward the seat to hide it? Would this in any way cause surprise cancellation or other issues? My gut instinct says no but I thought I'd defer to others for confirmation.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
fourthmeal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015   #40

IIRC 26m/s is the port velocity you shoot for when building inaudible ports. The thing is when you model does the program use information such as a constant sign wave at the tuning you are shooting for? I know with a 2.5" flared port it will for sure be audible at xmax. I will have bass box pro and model it this week to see what I come up with. If all goes well ill take my small port out and throw a 4" in to see what happens.
Old 10-05-2015   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 947 fourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond reputefourthmeal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by etroze View Post
IIRC 26m/s is the port velocity you shoot for when building inaudible ports. The thing is when you model does the program use information such as a constant sign wave at the tuning you are shooting for? I know with a 2.5" flared port it will for sure be audible at xmax. I will have bass box pro and model it this week to see what I come up with. If all goes well ill take my small port out and throw a 4" in to see what happens.
I've always heard 17 m/s target so 26 m/s is a bit of a shock, as it is .1 mach or 58 mph. That seems quite aggressive.

Appreciate the input, hoping for more from other members as well.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
Old 10-06-2015   #42
Upgrade Your Membership!

Approved Vendor

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthmeal View Post
I wanted to bring this back up, I have one of these subs and I'm building a very intricate but fiberglass-free box design to maximize a hatchback trunk (Speed3) and I'm having a difficult time modeling (Sketchup and WinISD Pro a.) a solution that will handle the port sizing properly. Simply put, this thing wants tons of port Like 40+ inches of 4" port X 2. Realistically, what velocity would you consider below threshold (for a hatchback aka non-sealed trunk to the cabin) for audible chuffing? I am heavily considering flared ports of various types to go along with that.

Alternately I came across this: Creative Sound - Product Details and while it isn't pretty at all, it models BEAUTIFULLY in WinISD, with tons of weight near 900g to get the fs down. I mean just on the model at 700W or so, the thing is working perfectly and it goes very deep on the response plot, with no sign of bottoming either the sub or the PR. The 15" one clearly would have to be the one to use, or a pair of the 12" models but there's no space.

Secondary question, say the sub is firing toward the rear of the trunk in this hatch. Could I possibly fire the PR forward toward the seat to hide it? Would this in any way cause surprise cancellation or other issues? My gut instinct says no but I thought I'd defer to others for confirmation.
At full linear Xmax you will want to stick with a 6" flared round port to avoid chuffing. Or you can use what you "have heard" and/or modeled over the manufacturers recommendations and do what you want regardless.

Stereo Integrity
------------------
Old 10-07-2015   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 167 cubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to cubdenno

According to what John from AE told me regarding port velocity, stay at or under 20m/s under full power. It has worked very well. By 30 m/s you have severe port compression. Distortion is off the charts and your port stops acting like a port.

http://aespeakers.com/forums/topic/ports/

It is very easy to conflate cause and effect that are unrelated in audio design. In fact, the entire audiophile industry is based upon this ease of fallacy.

"Heck yeah you can spend more to get the same sound."

Last edited by cubdenno; 10-07-2015 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: Added link
cubdenno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post
According to what John from AE told me regarding port velocity, stay at or under 20m/s under full power. It has worked very well. By 30 m/s you have severe port compression. Distortion is off the charts and your port stops acting like a port.

Ports - AE Speakers
Thanks Sir it's been a while since I figured out port velocity.
Old 10-07-2015   #45

Rep Power: 56 wanderer1 will become famous soon enoughwanderer1 will become famous soon enoughwanderer1 will become famous soon enoughwanderer1 will become famous soon enoughwanderer1 will become famous soon enoughwanderer1 will become famous soon enough

I just went to the website since this review peaked my interest. $999?! Really. Then I looked at the TM65, $999 each? Wow, must be something real special, glad you got yours at a more realistic price. Sounds like a great driver.
wanderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
At full linear Xmax you will want to stick with a 6" flared round port to avoid chuffing. Or you can use what you "have heard" and/or modeled over the manufacturers recommendations and do what you want regardless.
Nope I prefer to take my advice directly from the experts, thanks Nick. Sewer pipe it is! LOL.

She's gonna big one big sonofa.

Old 10-07-2015   #47

I have a 6" port sitting in my PE cart for when I stuff two of them in my regular cab pickup .
Old 10-07-2015   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

actually sourcing 6" pipe that can elbow properly is proving near-impossible. I may have to do the dual 4" to get something that will work.

Or go Passive Radiator (big).

Old 10-27-2015   #49

Talk to your local plumbing shop. They should be able to source pvc main line that big.

Old 10-28-2015   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

FYI I ended up not being able to make a ported box (with huge port requirements) work in this design, and instead "settled" on a large low Q sealed box. The high excursion of the sub and sufficient power handling (as well as sufficient power on the sub amp I'm using in this build) nets me a still-impressive output curve in modeling. I'll know how it will sound in a few days as I'm wrapping up the build, but I suspect it will sound fantastic in a false floor design, in a hatchback. The shape of the car will net me tons of gain just like a ported box does, so I'm sure I'll still get an excellent response.

edit: and I did get pricing on big pipe, but the cost is insanely high for use in a car audio port.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement