Alpine CDA-9887 with Imprint Kit (KTX-100EQ) - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 rsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Alpine CDA-9887 with Imprint Kit (KTX-100EQ)

NP-

From what I have seen from the vague KTX-100EQ owners manual. The PXE-H650 is considerably more capable. It appears that we don't have any X-over adjustment after tuning nor do we have any EQ (except for bass and treble). It appears we get subwoofer level along with the aformentioned bass and treble control. No three bands of parametric EQ after the fact. I feel... let down.
rsvchad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 148 oneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneiztoomany View Post
does anyone know if my Ipod is hooked up to this HU whether it should be getting charged at the same time?
bump on this question...

2004 acura tsx // CDA-9887, SPX-177r, type s coax for rear, PDX 4.100, PDX 1.1000, Single 12 in. Type X - sealed box // Exide Orbital 34XCD battery
oneiztoomany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2007   #28
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Founder

Rep Power: 221 npdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to npdang Send a message via AIM to npdang Send a message via Yahoo to npdang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsvchad View Post
NP-

From what I have seen from the vague KTX-100EQ owners manual. The PXE-H650 is considerably more capable. It appears that we don't have any X-over adjustment after tuning nor do we have any EQ (except for bass and treble). It appears we get subwoofer level along with the aformentioned bass and treble control. No three bands of parametric EQ after the fact. I feel... let down.
Don't you get all the tuning capability in the 9887 hu though?

A speaker is only as good as the room you put it in.
npdang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 rsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enoughrsvchad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by npdang View Post
I believe, and someone correct me if I'm incorrect, that after IMPRINT has it's way with the 9887 we are left with bass, treble and subwoofer level only for additional tuning. From what I've seen, again the manual is pretty vague, we do not have access to x-over points, mid/hi level adjustment or any form of multi-band eq.
Old 10-28-2007   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 211 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach_y View Post
....As is though, I am keeping MultEQ turned on, as it is better than the settings that can be done through the HU built-in controls.
So my stupid question for the day... So I get the impression you lose some tuning capability with the 9887 by itself??

In other words, regardless of the Imprint auto-tuning, is there 'more' EQ or TA parameters that aren't available with just the stock 9887 by itself?

... Well I think I found the answer to my question.. Gotta love the quick reference at Crutchfield's Hands on Research... 5 band parametric or 7 band graphic, vs. "500 points across the spectrum".

So it appears the Imprint kit basically taps into a completely different EQ processor within the 9887 that requires the kit, otherwise it's just the 5 or 7 band.

I'd love to hear a head-to-head of the 9887 vs the H650.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2007   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
does anyone know if my Ipod is hooked up to this HU whether it should be getting charged at the same time?
Yes it charges the iPod.
Old 10-29-2007   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 148 oneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enoughoneiztoomany will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes it charges the iPod.
i guess i have some tech difficulties then because mine is definately not getting charged.

2004 acura tsx // CDA-9887, SPX-177r, type s coax for rear, PDX 4.100, PDX 1.1000, Single 12 in. Type X - sealed box // Exide Orbital 34XCD battery
Old 10-29-2007   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 mach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nope This really ticks me off actually. There are NO choices except for the 3 profiles in the imprint software for tuning. Also, once MultEQ is turned on, in the HU, the only tuning you can use are: treble, bass, subwoofer level, fade left to right. NOTHING else
mach_y is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2007   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 211 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

So your choice is some level of manual tuning, or rely on MultEQ but no tweaking once it's run. I'll have to read up, but I'm assuming or hoping anyway it at least allows manual tweaking when running MultEQ.
Old 10-29-2007   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 168 dawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enoughdawgdan will become famous soon enough

Methinks it might be worthwhile to get a small add-on EQ after using Imprint.. just to help smooth out any FR bumps and tailor the sound just a little more.

CDA-9887... the rest is stock.. for now..
dawgdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2007   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 mach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enoughmach_y will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
So your choice is some level of manual tuning, or rely on MultEQ but no tweaking once it's run. I'll have to read up, but I'm assuming or hoping anyway it at least allows manual tweaking when running MultEQ.
no manual tuning after using multeq, except for what I already stated
Old 10-29-2007   #37
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Founder

Rep Power: 221 npdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to npdang Send a message via AIM to npdang Send a message via Yahoo to npdang

Sounds like then, you would have the same amount of tuning as the h650 which also only has mid/treble/bass adjustment.

Old 10-29-2007   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdan View Post
Methinks it might be worthwhile to get a small add-on EQ after using Imprint.. just to help smooth out any FR bumps and tailor the sound just a little more.
something about needing to have a secondary EQ to fine tune what Imprint does just doesn't sound right.

sort of defeats the purpose if you ask me. at that point aren't you basically "undoing" what the Imprint software has suggested?

Old 10-29-2007   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Sounds like then, you would have the same amount of tuning as the h650 which also only has mid/treble/bass adjustment.
no, not the same amount.

H650:
in the imprint software, you can change the xover frequency, you have 4 target curves to select from, and after that basically have a 3 band parametric eq.

CDA-9887:

in the imprint software, you have 3 target curves to select from. Period, end of story. It doesn't even tell you what xover points were selected.

On the unit itself, you have a "treble" "bass" "fade right / left" and "subwoofer" level. I have no idea what frequencies are affected by the "treble" and "bass" controls, nor can I pick what they are. The subwoofer level control merely affects the entire subwoofer output.
Old 10-29-2007   #40
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Founder

That really sucks... Alpine is the king of gimping their products. They always make something that is shy of what you really need, when adding that feature would cost them almost nothing.

Old 10-29-2007   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

well they need to leave room for improvement so that people will buy next years model!!
Old 10-29-2007   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
i guess i have some tech difficulties then because mine is definately not getting charged.

From Alpine's site:

"Now you can maximize your in-car iPod experience! Just one simple cable that goes directly into the all Alpine Full Speed Connection for iPod compatible head units. With no additional box required, directly connect your iPod for full control, full sound at full speed with an easy-to-use search interface. You have control right from the head unit at full speed. Enhanced features include faster data transmission for quick and easy file navigation, as well as full-tag artist, album, song, genre, podcast, and composer information displayed directly on the head unit, all while charging the iPod battery (available on the CDE-9870, CDE-9873, CDE-9881, CDA-9883, CDA-9885, CDA-9887, iDA-X001, IVA-D105, IVA-W205). Alpine’s exclusive Percentage Search allow you to toggle quickly through your Playlist, Arist, or Album on your iPod. Use "Mix All" to shuffle your music. Alpine Full Speed connectivity offers an improved integrated solution that supercharges your music."
Old 10-29-2007   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 toxic tuan will become famous soon enoughtoxic tuan will become famous soon enoughtoxic tuan will become famous soon enoughtoxic tuan will become famous soon enoughtoxic tuan will become famous soon enoughtoxic tuan will become famous soon enough

Anybody thought about running both the 9887 and the 650? Auto on the 650 and fine tune with the 9887...but independent from each other?
toxic tuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Ncore Acoustical Solutions
Position:
Co-owner

Rep Power: 181 Rbsarve will become famous soon enoughRbsarve will become famous soon enoughRbsarve will become famous soon enoughRbsarve will become famous soon enoughRbsarve will become famous soon enoughRbsarve will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That really sucks... Alpine is the king of gimping their products. They always make something that is shy of what you really need, when adding that feature would cost them almost nothing.
Yeah, but Pioneer is not far behind with ther stupid crossovers.

I'm sticking to my 9861+701 so far.
Rbsarve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 182 matdotcom2000 will become famous soon enoughmatdotcom2000 will become famous soon enoughmatdotcom2000 will become famous soon enoughmatdotcom2000 will become famous soon enoughmatdotcom2000 will become famous soon enoughmatdotcom2000 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to matdotcom2000

Man if I could just hook up the KTX-100EQ to a computer without actually hooking it up to the headunit I would really be interested in one.

matdotcom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
From Alpine's site:

"Now you can maximize your in-car iPod experience! Just one simple cable that goes directly into the all Alpine Full Speed Connection for iPod compatible head units. With no additional box required, directly connect your iPod for full control, full sound at full speed with an easy-to-use search interface. You have control right from the head unit at full speed. Enhanced features include faster data transmission for quick and easy file navigation, as well as full-tag artist, album, song, genre, podcast, and composer information displayed directly on the head unit, all while charging the iPod battery (available on the CDE-9870, CDE-9873, CDE-9881, CDA-9883, CDA-9885, CDA-9887, iDA-X001, IVA-D105, IVA-W205). Alpine’s exclusive Percentage Search allow you to toggle quickly through your Playlist, Arist, or Album on your iPod. Use "Mix All" to shuffle your music. Alpine Full Speed connectivity offers an improved integrated solution that supercharges your music."
my battery life bar doesn't flash when hooked up to the CDA-9887 like it does when its hooked up to my computer which is what makes me think that it is not charging.

can anyone else tell whether the battery life bar flashes when plugged into their CDA-9887?

Old 10-30-2007   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 179 skylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
my battery life bar doesn't flash when hooked up to the CDA-9887 like it does when its hooked up to my computer which is what makes me think that it is not charging.

can anyone else tell whether the battery life bar flashes when plugged into their CDA-9887?
I know its charging, because for the whole month of september, I didn't take my ipod out. And I traveled quite a bit that month. So I would think that it has to be charging.

Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, 60gb video ipod,iPhone, Kenwood X1R, JL 10W6V2, rest is stock and happy.
skylar112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2007   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by matdotcom2000 View Post
Man if I could just hook up the KTX-100EQ to a computer without actually hooking it up to the headunit I would really be interested in one.
... That's where the pxe-h650 comes in. Just send it any strong, clean, full-range L/R line-level signal via RCA's and you've got tunes. For that matter, just send it iPod lossless. Can do the same thing with either the PXE unit or the 3sixty.2, but betting on the PXE's SQ though I haven't read a direct comparison yet.
Old 10-30-2007   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar112 View Post
I know its charging, because for the whole month of september, I didn't take my ipod out. And I traveled quite a bit that month. So I would think that it has to be charging.
next time you are in your car can you try to remember to see if the battery life bar is flashing?

i thought that is what indicated that it was charging...

Old 10-30-2007   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 179 skylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enoughskylar112 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
next time you are in your car can you try to remember to see if the battery life bar is flashing?

i thought that is what indicated that it was charging...
It doesn't flash, neither did the 9857 I owned or the 880 I don't think.

But I do know for that time, I didn't have to take it out at all to charge it. So I'm pretty sure it charges.

Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, 60gb video ipod,iPhone, Kenwood X1R, JL 10W6V2, rest is stock and happy.
skylar112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement