ID or Voce? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2015   #1

Rep Power: 51 QualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enough

Default ID or Voce?

Has anyone listened to Voce AVK6, and also listened to ID XS? I have heard Voce on a soundboard, but not XS. I'm wondering if XS tweeter is as smooth as Voce, and if XS midrange is more aggressive than Voce mid. And I'm curious about all other comparisons and impressions.

And btw, my amp is 130wrms bridged, maybe not enough power for XS?

And even if you have not heard XS anyway, can you compare Voce to any brands? I'm looking for a very smooth tweeter, like Voce, but a more aggressive mid than Voce.

Last edited by QualitySound; 12-21-2015 at 03:48 PM..
QualitySound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2015   #2

Rep Power: 0 T3mpest will become famous soon enoughT3mpest will become famous soon enoughT3mpest will become famous soon enoughT3mpest will become famous soon enoughT3mpest will become famous soon enoughT3mpest will become famous soon enough

Default Re: ID or Voce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualitySound View Post
Has anyone listened to Voce AVK6, and also listened to ID XS? I have heard Voce on a soundboard, but not XS. I'm wondering if XS tweeter is as smooth as Voce, and if XS midrange is more aggressive than Voce mid. And I'm curious about all other comparisons and impressions.

And btw, my amp is 130wrms bridged, maybe not enough power for XS?

And even if you have not heard XS anyway, can you compare Voce to any brands? I'm looking for a very smooth tweeter, like Voce, but a more aggressive mid than Voce.
The XS tweeter isn't what I would describe as smooth. It's a very good tweeter, but it's detailed and a bit sharp if anything. The mid however would probably be right up your alley. One of the best midranges I've ever messed with, very realistic. It's not too relaxed, I had the 6x9, but I've been told they are all tonally similar. Mibass is exceptional too, that's part of why they sound so good.

As far as power 130 watts is enough, they are very effecient speakers. They could handle more sure, but unless your looking for VERY loud output, they won't need more. I had 250+ going to mine and they didn't like all that power except on very short spurts.. I'd say anywhere between 100-200 watts would be perfect for daily listening.
T3mpest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2016   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 kizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enoughkizz will become famous soon enough

The ID XS series comps are quite good. I loved the midbass and I did enjoy the tweeter. As T3mpest said not really "smooth" but not fatiguing either. It can easily be smoothed out with eq.

Alpine HU, Alpine H800
Sinfoni Solo AD-LIB powering Sinfoni Eroico M series
Arc Audio XDI 1100.1 powering IDMAX 12

Car...sounds...awesome!!!
kizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 91 asianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enough

I have used both sets of speakers and they are both awesome. I am currently using the Voce's and the mids on that the set are very detailed. I would have to say I like the voce's slightly better because of the mids. As said above the ID's have a technical and detailed tweeter and a punchy mid bass. I honestly would say you cant go wrong with either set. I was looking at the image dynamics sets and I feel like they are way more expensive than they were a couple years ago.

Pure i20 Optical --> Alpine DVA-9860--> Alpine PXA-H701
Audison LRX 5.1k -->Dynaudio MW172--> Dynaudio MD142
Audison LRX 5.1k -->Dynaudio MW172--> Dynaudio MD102
asianinvasion21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2016   #5

Rep Power: 51 QualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enoughQualitySound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianinvasion21 View Post
I have used both sets of speakers and they are both awesome. I am currently using the Voce's and the mids on that the set are very detailed. I would have to say I like the voce's slightly better because of the mids. As said above the ID's have a technical and detailed tweeter and a punchy mid bass. I honestly would say you cant go wrong with either set. I was looking at the image dynamics sets and I feel like they are way more expensive than they were a couple years ago.
Thanks for the helpful comparison, Asianinvasion21. I just heard the Voce again and they do have better midbass than Hertz Hi Energy, which I compared them to in the store. I played several CDs. The ultimate proof was hearing the bass guitar in Hendrix's Machine Gun. It was full sounding from the Voce, almost Focal-rich, but almost hidden in the HE. And it's good to hear you say the Voce mid sounds better than the ID XS mid too. And I like Voce treble, nice and smooth and gentle. Looks like I will go with Voce. I like them and prefer not to buy speakers I have not heard.
QualitySound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2016   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 91 asianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enoughasianinvasion21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualitySound View Post
Thanks for the helpful comparison, Asianinvasion21. I just heard the Voce again and they do have better midbass than Hertz Hi Energy, which I compared them to in the store. I played several CDs. The ultimate proof was hearing the bass guitar in Hendrix's Machine Gun. It was full sounding from the Voce, almost Focal-rich, but almost hidden in the HE. And it's good to hear you say the Voce mid sounds better than the ID XS mid too. And I like Voce treble, nice and smooth and gentle. Looks like I will go with Voce. I like them and prefer not to buy speakers I have not heard.
I totally agree, the mid bass is where they truly shine. the Voce's have a nice warm mid and they sound less fatiguing over long listening periods. You will be very happy with your purchase I promise you that. They are some of the smoothest speakers I have ever heard.

Pure i20 Optical --> Alpine DVA-9860--> Alpine PXA-H701
Audison LRX 5.1k -->Dynaudio MW172--> Dynaudio MD142
Audison LRX 5.1k -->Dynaudio MW172--> Dynaudio MD102
asianinvasion21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement