MB Quart QSD 216 - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2015   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 216 tyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: MB Quart QSD 216

You cant use the PPI or or 4 channel dd bridged on this sub.

the sub is a 2 ohm load so the jbl is the best bet. (dont worry about the less power on rear speakers, the jbl is underrated and the difference will be inaudible. 50 watts is enough for rear fill)

Kenwood dnx573s - Kenwood X4R - MB Quart QTF 40 - Alpine F17 - Kenwood X1R - Sundown SD3-10
tyroneshoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2015   #52

Rep Power: 65 Phil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enough

JBL GTO-3EZ $159 free ship from LA!

Maybe I should get that now and just do it...I honestly thought I was looking at $400+ for another amp!
Phil Indeblanc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2015   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 216 tyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura about

thats a great deal.

Kenwood dnx573s - Kenwood X4R - MB Quart QTF 40 - Alpine F17 - Kenwood X1R - Sundown SD3-10

Old 06-13-2015   #54

Rep Power: 65 Phil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enoughPhil Indeblanc will become famous soon enough

what do you think?
Do it now?!!!
Old 06-13-2015   #55

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 72 DDfusion will become famous soon enoughDDfusion will become famous soon enoughDDfusion will become famous soon enoughDDfusion will become famous soon enoughDDfusion will become famous soon enoughDDfusion will become famous soon enough

I would do it if that's all you need and want.
DDfusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2015   #56

That is NOT even an answer DD :-)!!!
Old 06-13-2015   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

yep. grab it and you have everything you need at once for the install

Old 06-13-2015   #58

the 2ohms does it.

Unless I was gonna get rid of that sub or find out it doesnt fit the stealth ..I would not be able to do the PPI or DD.
Old 06-13-2015   #59

I have to run...bbl(bebacklater)
Old 06-13-2015   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

thats a great sub. use it

Old 06-13-2015   #61

Ok, looks like I have a bit of time/10min. I have read that its best to keep a sub breathing for displacement and SQ, so Im not sure how a stealth side resin box build will work.

I never had this sub running right. I had only used one connection, in a small angles box with about 20cuft. and pushing with a 400 Clarion amp, lol
Old 06-13-2015   #62

too late for now, but how about that US Acoustics Barbara Ann?

I read about it before, and just saw another poster about it.

But I read before that the designer Mike something who did the old school HiFonics is doing the guts work..hmmm? just a thought. Iam content that my system can go in as soon as USPS is moving fast.
Old 06-15-2015   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

While the us acoustics BA amp looks nice, it is a 4 channel class ab and could not power your sub in bridged mode as it is a 2 ohm sub.

The jbl is a great deal and has nice power for the sub and rears. The only other options I can think of that could power 4 ohm speakers and a 2 ohm sub are DLS, large zapco dc ref $$$, xtant or old boston gt amps (both big amps).

The ppi 5 channel (and many other 5 channels) can also work (bridged or biamped power to rears so it would be 3 channel) and so can the massive 3 channel and the jl xd 3 channel

Precision Power PPI P900.5 Phantom 900W 5-Channel Amplifier

Massive Audio NX3 2080W Max Three Channel Nano Block Series Amplifier

or jl xd500/3 ($$)

The JBL seems to be the best bet price and power wise.

Old 06-15-2015   #64

Yes...I got the ship confirm on the JBL today!

Now all I need is some deadening material, and from the testing and hard work Toostub has done, so far, it looks like the Knu Kolosus. They have 35 sqft for $140 :-/
Any links for less?

USPS also came over with the QSD216's and the RF 3603!

BTW, am I doing the right thing running these xovers via the 3603 vs the ones MBQ made?
I mean these things are some piece of work!! They are massive! I can fit them, if need be, but I think they put so much effort in the crossovers that I think if I was sure to go active, I could have got a Premium line, or something, as I think most of the $ for these go to the crossovers. Wow, they make my past MBQ crossovers look like a toy.
Old 06-15-2015   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Theyre great passives. Pretty much everyone was doing passive systems back then. But you might as well try them active first. the 360.3 offers more flexibility. You can always try them passive and bi-amped later. Youll have all the wires already run. The woofers are also better on the qsd and the tweets have metal casing compared to the premium

Old 06-15-2015   #66

ok, I'm pretty excited, yet this install is going to cost me another chunk of $!

So far I got a quote from BestBuy( I know! Whatdaya gonna do?) and they were $375. The one guy at a location is experienced from an indi shop, and he's good and can make the baffles. So unless a couple of other solo installers are around this, I may as well deal with BB. But we'll see. There is no fab work at all, except the baffles, which is not even exposed. So its mostly plug and play for an installer .
Old 06-16-2015   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I wouldnt trust BB to install all that stuff and tune a 360.3 for that cheap. Look to car audio shops that carry high end brands.

Always better to get it done once right than have to repair BB's usual shotty install work later down the line. Plus if they arent familiar with the 360.3 and blow your tweets, they can say since you bought it on the internet, it was blown and theyre not responsible.

You got nice stuff, take it to a place with experience with the dsp, maybe one that does fiberglass enclosures too.

Old 06-16-2015   #68

Out of the 4 bestbuys in about 20mile radius this one guy is very experienced from another custom shop. So he does deal with DSP's. But I did price out another local shop. I was there and he looked like he was a bit rush rush on how busy he was. I emailed you.

The JBL amp came in...I have to carry a book with 17 languages in 204 pages vs the 6 dbl sided pages I need.
Maybe they can make it a download or regional. Or US gets English, and EU gets a few languages..... Lot of paper waste. :-)
Old 07-07-2015   #69

Well some updates to my system. I can say it is half complete, but there are a couple tough parts still needing attention....

MOVED

Here is the link to where I was supposed to post this...
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/2654098-post83.html

Last edited by Phil Indeblanc; 07-08-2015 at 04:41 AM..
Old 07-07-2015   #70
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 100 zinophile will become famous soon enoughzinophile will become famous soon enoughzinophile will become famous soon enoughzinophile will become famous soon enoughzinophile will become famous soon enoughzinophile will become famous soon enough

Glad to see that the QSD set is working out nicely for you, and to hear from another thread how much you like them!
zinophile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015   #71

Thanks, yeah, even with just messing with tuning, it is starting to come alive!

Just today finished putting in the rear door speakers and tweeters. Now wiring up the DSP controller in dash, and cleaning up some cables etc.
The car was a unmolested virgin. It is now surely defiled :-/ (so odd to look at a car and associate it to fem)

Last edited by Phil Indeblanc; 07-07-2015 at 07:59 PM..
Old 07-07-2015   #72

Is that you DE!? hehe...I didn't realize it...It was you who sold me these! Pick a print from my site, as I have saved your address to ship one to you. :-)
Old 07-07-2015   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

tuning the 360.3 is key

what speakers did you end up putting in the rear?

Old 07-07-2015   #74

whats up Ty!
I ended up putting in MBQ RSB 6.5" with the tweeters and xover from the RCE.
The tweeters were already in from the RCE6x9. The 6x9 didn't fit, so since its a cut in the door for the tweets, I had to ditch the 6x9, but keeping the tweeters in. So then just got a pair of 6.5" RSB's that were available right away.
:-/
Not my first or second choice.
We are on the dam DSP now, and we are just done doing the gains on the amps with DD1, and now about to Tune. Last time we were testing, we had a hard time with the bass. In about 20 min we'll make fresh presets...at least one.

I moved the thread here...

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/2654098-post83.html

Last edited by Phil Indeblanc; 07-08-2015 at 04:43 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement