Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison - Page 4 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2017   #76
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth619 View Post
Any updates? Excellent thread btw.
Will have more updates coming in the following weeks, getting back on my feet.

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2017   #77
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

I have started to review speakers again, slowly getting back into it. I have revised my ratings and reviews as well as adding a review of the rainbow set.

Massive zk6: Do not waste your time, midbass extremely muddy, tweeter has no life, stay away. Def 1/10

Alpine type x ref: The midbass was ok, lacked low end authority, and did not like too much power. The tweeter did have top end sparkle but was not extremely clean sounding. The tweeter did not handle off axis as well as some of the others, very sensative. 4/10

Hertz HSK 165: The midbass is very unique, it responded fast, was able to play low (not as low as the realm), handle power, and produce a clean full bodied midrange. The tweeter had excellent off axis performance, had the top end sparkle when needed however at times sounded a tad harsh (not too often though). The build quality of the set is fantastic. Would define this more of a reference set out of the group so far (at times can be too analytical, best way to say can come off sometimes dry sounding if that makes sense). Overall a very impressive set. I would rate a solid 8/10

Morel Tempo Ultra: The midbass was the weakest link. It has great low end response however lacked the clarity and fast attack when compared to others. The midbass also could not handle as much power. The tweeter is the shinning gem in this set. Had great top end sparkle, great off axis response, but definitely unique to a specific sound signature. The tweeter could use some more of the upper midrange to fill it out. I would say 5/10 (the midbass needs improvement)

PHD 6.1 Pro: I would define this set as very well rounded. No one characteristic out performed the other, everything was extremely well balanced. The midbass had good low end extension, fast attack, clear, and could handle power. The tweeter had a full body sound, clear, but did lack some of the top end sparkle. This set would definitely be for the person who gets fatigued by too much top end sparkle since the tweeter naturally rolls off early. I am sure you could boost those frequencies with an eq to get a little more of of it. Because of the value, I would say 7/10

Polk MM6501: I am highly impressed with this set. The midbass is definitely great to use in a car door setup due to being tailored to infinite baffle. The midbass had great low end extension, extremely fast lower midrange, loved power, however had a pitfall; it started to break up on certain songs around 3,400+ hertz and in turn lost detail. It also was a tad too saturated around 2,800-3,200 hertz. The tweeter performed very well, it had good off axis performance, and great top end sparkle, and extremely clear (maybe at times a tad too much high end sparkle). I would say this is probably the most fun set out of the group (does really well with electronic/techno music), even though it is not necessarily the clearest. I would rate a solid 6.75/10

Realm LSC6: Out of the entire group this set could handle the most amount of power. The midbass had decent low end extension, was average in the midrange (midrange was over saturated) and not as fast reacting as the others. The tweeter had the most top end sparkle out of all the sets however is crossed so high it has poor off axis performance and is not practical to use in a vehicle unless you are doing custom fabrication to aim the mid and tweet in the kick panel together. I wouldn't call this set a reference quality set but definitely but not a poor sounding set, definitly the most average of the group. If I were competing in sql I would be running these due to the shear power they can handle. 5.75/10

Focal 165AS: This set had the classic Focal sound signature, great dynamics, high end sparkle and very clear sounding. The midbass lacked low end output and the crossover allowed the midbass to play into the higher end freqeuncies in which it starts to breakup some. The tweeter was crossed very high which inhibited the soundstage possibilities, however, the tweeter had great clarity. I would rate 6/10

DLS RC6.2 (Re-reviewed with new set): The packaging the speakers come in is very well laid out. The build quality of all the components is great for the price point. Out of all the sets I have reviewed I would rate these my favorite so far. The midbass had great power handling (right behind the realm), great low end bass extension and output; however, they lacked ever so slightly in the higher midrange (easily boosted with the eq). Very impressed with the midbass driver due to it being a metal cone speaker, probably the cleanest sounding metal cone speaker I have heard yet. The tweeter is definitly designed for off axis response, it has a steady slope increasing the higher the frequency increased. The crossover does come with a -3db setting which will tame the tweeter if being used in an on axis install. The tweeter is extremely clear, and loves power. The sonic signature of this speaker set is pure bliss to me, great bass output, fast attack (drum solos are amazing!), and great top end extension. Not to mention the price you can grab this set is one of the lowest of the group. Solid 8/10

Rainbow SL-6.2C: The midbass and tweeter construction gave great first impressions, great build quality. The midbass had above average output, above average low end extension, however started to breakup a little in the higher midrange frequencies (The aluminum cone showing its trade offs). The tweeter had great clarity and excellent top end sparkle. It did not like power as much as the DLS though, output is more limited than other sets (don't get me wrong, still plenty loud!) Great set of speakers, a top contender. 7.25/10

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ANS For This Useful Post:
DejaWiz (04-13-2017)
Old 04-13-2017   #78
 
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pensacola FL
Posts: 2,276

Thanks: 46
Thanked 212 Times in 192 Posts
Rep Power: 0 DC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enoughDC/Hertz will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

You can't say Hertz is good on here. That's the devil.
You should try the XL. The tweeter can play lower so it takes some of the top end harshness out.
DC/Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2017   #79
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
SkizeR's Avatar
 
Prisoner
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 16,543

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanks: 982
Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,044 Posts
Rep Power: 437 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (42)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

I don't know if it's been asked before, but are you tuning each setup to the same response?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017   #80
DIYMA 500 Club
 
Alrojoca's Avatar
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Deeper State
Posts: 4,445

Thanks: 32
Thanked 102 Times in 85 Posts
Rep Power: 126 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (15)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison


Op, did you just ask manufacturers to send you samples for testing at no cost or you are funding this testing yourself getting a wholesale or lower price to be able to do it?

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017   #81
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post

Op, did you just ask manufacturers to send you samples for testing at no cost or you are funding this testing yourself getting a wholesale or lower price to be able to do it?
None of the items were provided by manufacturers, I either purchased the items (some on ebay, some at brick and mortar stores where I know the owners, some through distributors, and some lent to me by friends).

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ANS For This Useful Post:
saintb (06-23-2018)
Old 04-14-2017   #82
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
I don't know if it's been asked before, but are you tuning each setup to the same response?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I test each speaker set in the same conditions, same variables, same air space (simulating a car door). The only thing that changes is the amount of power be provided (same amplifier though). Since each speaker set has a different amount of power handling that is the only factor that changes. Listening environment and listening position stay the same other than doing a on and off axis test of all.

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017   #83
 
Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 523

Thanks: 12
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 57 dsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Man, I was really disappointed in reading your review of the Morel Tempo Ultra 602s. Your experience and mine are totally different. I'm very pleased with the bass response. I think it is fairly deep and pretty tight. And, the tweeters are outstanding. I can play these speakers loud for a long time and NOT get ear fatigue. I love that about these speakers.

But, until I read your reviews, I was absolutely sure I would be getting another set when I get another car. Now, I am not so sure. I did appreciate your insights and your efforts with starting (and following through on) this thread.

Now, I did not have the opportunity to compare my Tempo Ultras with the other brands as you had. I did compare them to an appropriately prices set of Focals (I don't remember the model # of them) at a local shop and did like the Morels better. I guess I would have to look at those HSKs in the future, but I hear they have been discontinued by Hertz.

All in all, I am still absolutely pleased with my Tempo Ultra 602s. By far, these are the best front stage speakers I have ever owned.
dsw1204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017   #84
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw1204 View Post
Man, I was really disappointed in reading your review of the Morel Tempo Ultra 602s. Your experience and mine are totally different. I'm very pleased with the bass response. I think it is fairly deep and pretty tight. And, the tweeters are outstanding. I can play these speakers loud for a long time and NOT get ear fatigue. I love that about these speakers.

But, until I read your reviews, I was absolutely sure I would be getting another set when I get another car. Now, I am not so sure. I did appreciate your insights and your efforts with starting (and following through on) this thread.

Now, I did not have the opportunity to compare my Tempo Ultras with the other brands as you had. I did compare them to an appropriately prices set of Focals (I don't remember the model # of them) at a local shop and did like the Morels better. I guess I would have to look at those HSKs in the future, but I hear they have been discontinued by Hertz.

All in all, I am still absolutely pleased with my Tempo Ultra 602s. By far, these are the best front stage speakers I have ever owned.
In the beginning I was really excited to listen to the Morel's. I thought I was going to be happier with the results. Maybe the set was defective or a fake (haven't seen any fakes of these yet though)? These tests are purely subjective as well as everyone has different tastes etc

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017   #85
 
Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 523

Thanks: 12
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 57 dsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enoughdsw1204 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANS View Post
In the beginning I was really excited to listen to the Morel's. I thought I was going to be happier with the results. Maybe the set was defective or a fake (haven't seen any fakes of these yet though)? These tests are purely subjective as well as everyone has different tastes etc
Yeah, I know the tests results were completely subjective. I, generally, I like subjective test results when it comes to this kind of stuff. I was just hoping you agreed with me. But, like you said, "everyone has different tastes".

So, I have a question for you: As I said in my previous post, one of the best features of my Tempo Ultras was that I can play them loud and not get ear fatigue. Nor, do I get ringing in my ears after extended sessions of loud playing. With your experience with the DLS RC6.2 speakers, can you say the same after extended loud sessions of playing?

I may have to consider those RC6.2 speakers for my next set. Maybe. It is going to be hard to switch from the Tempo Ultra 602's.
dsw1204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2017   #86
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw1204 View Post
Yeah, I know the tests results were completely subjective. I, generally, I like subjective test results when it comes to this kind of stuff. I was just hoping you agreed with me. But, like you said, "everyone has different tastes".

So, I have a question for you: As I said in my previous post, one of the best features of my Tempo Ultras was that I can play them loud and not get ear fatigue. Nor, do I get ringing in my ears after extended sessions of loud playing. With your experience with the DLS RC6.2 speakers, can you say the same after extended loud sessions of playing?

I may have to consider those RC6.2 speakers for my next set. Maybe. It is going to be hard to switch from the Tempo Ultra 602's.
I would run the tweeters off axis as they are designed for or use the -2.5db attenuation on the crossover if using on axis. When used as such they do not give me any ear fatigue.

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017   #87
DIYMA 500 Club
 
pickup1's Avatar
 
Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tx
Posts: 416

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 140 pickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enoughpickup1 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (62)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

How did the helix do?
pickup1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2017   #88
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Random side note: I have been listening to a set of cdt components, haven't finished my tests yet. The cdt hd-m6 midbass driver is probably one of the most natural sounding I have heard yet. The tweeter is nothing special. Will keep you posted.

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017   #89
DIYMA 500 Club
 
Alrojoca's Avatar
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Deeper State
Posts: 4,445

Thanks: 32
Thanked 102 Times in 85 Posts
Rep Power: 126 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (15)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Great! I think I mentioned before the Morel model tested would not be a fair comparison to a Hertz HSK, perhaps you can find a low price on a Hertz set and not the Morel making them close in price range but a Morel SW or MW woofer would be a more suitable comparison, for midbass at louder levels, then again Morel still has a laid back sound when it comes to tweeters, and tuned well will satisfy the same Hertz fans quite bit would be my thoughts based on ownership of both sets

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017   #90
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post
Great! I think I mentioned before the Morel model tested would not be a fair comparison to a Hertz HSK, perhaps you can find a low price on a Hertz set and not the Morel making them close in price range but a Morel SW or MW woofer would be a more suitable comparison, for midbass at louder levels, then again Morel still has a laid back sound when it comes to tweeters, and tuned well will satisfy the same Hertz fans quite bit would be my thoughts based on ownership of both sets
I agree, the comparison of the speakers is not based on price but rather what I can get my hands on to test. I was hoping there would be a set priced inexpensive that could take one of the top end sets well but still searching.

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017   #91
DIYMA 500 Club
 
Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa
Age: 28
Posts: 446

Thanks: 0
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 157 theothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (33)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

no insight on rainbows?

Current Setup: 2013 VW CC TO BE DETERMINED!
theothermike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2017   #92
DIYMA 500 Club
 
Newbie
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 11

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0 Nels17 will become famous soon enoughNels17 will become famous soon enoughNels17 will become famous soon enoughNels17 will become famous soon enoughNels17 will become famous soon enoughNels17 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (2)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Thanks for your insightful info and time! Regarding the CDT"s, any further observations regarding performance and how you rate them among st the others?

What is your current setup?

Thanks!!
Nels17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018   #93
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

I have updated the reviews as I have re-listened to all the sets recently in order to add some new reviews:

CDT Audio Chrome (CDT CRM-6KCV Mid, EX-560CD Crossover, DRT-26S): The build quality of the set is top notch and the sound...one word, blissful. If anyone is familiar with CDT think of the crm-6kcv midbass as a hybrid of a hd-6 and es-6. It has the clarity and midrange detail of the hd-6 with the low end extension and authority of the es-6. The midbass would take power for days, simply amazing. The tweeter performed very well. It has the warmth of a DLS RC28 but with more top end extension in turn giving it extra detail (by far the best sounding small format silk dome tweeter I have heard). Off axis performance was good however on axis did perform better. This is the tweeter you want if you crave the detail of an aluminum dome but don't want the ear fatigue. Extremely Solid 9/10

Massive zk6: Everything sounded awful to the point I want to laugh. Do not waste your time, midbass was extremely muddy, and tweeter sounded lifeless. 1/10

Alpine type x ref: This is another set I am shocked by the performance, not in a good way. The midbass was just average, lacked low end authority, and did not like power, would easily bottom out (yes I used a correct high pass filter before you ask). The tweeter did have some top end sparkle however was muddy sounding. The tweeter did not handle off axis well, would only work on axis. I heard another alpine set of speakers the other day which were coaxial granted but still lacked the type of performance you would expect from such a large well respected company. 4/10

Hertz HSK 165: The midbass is a very unique contender, it responded fast, was able to play low, handle power, and produce a clean full bodied midrange. The tweeter has excellent off axis performance, had the top end sparkle when needed however at times could sound a tad too harsh (could probably eq it out). The build quality of the set is fantastic. Would define this more of a reference set out of the group (at times can sound too analytical). Overall a very impressive set. I would rate a solid 8/10

Morel Tempo Ultra: I was originally very excited to review this set however let down with the results. The midbass was the weakest link. It has great low end response however lacked the clarity and fast attack when compared to others. The midbass also could not handle as much power and in turn could not keep up with the spl of the other sets. The tweeter is the shinning gem in this set. Had great top end sparkle, great off axis response, very unique sonic signature. The only complaint I have with the tweeter would be that it can use some extra detail in the upper midrange to fill it out. I would say 5.25/10 (the midbass needs improvement)

PHD 6.1 Pro: I would define this set as very well rounded. No one characteristic out performed the other, everything was extremely well balanced. The midbass had good low end extension, fast attack, clear, and could handle power. The tweeter had a full body sound, clear, but did lack some of the top end sparkle and extension needed to squeeze that extra detail out of certain songs. This set would definitely be for the person who gets fatigued by too much high frequency bias since the tweeter naturally rolls off earlier than others. I am sure you could boost the higher frequencies with an eq to get a little more out of it. Solid 7.5/10

Polk MM6501: I am highly impressed with this set given the price point. The midbass definitely is catered for a car door/infinite baffle setup. The midbass has great decent low end extension but what really took me by surprise was the extremely detailed midrange. The midbass loved power, however it did have a pitfall; it started to break up on certain songs around 3,400+ hertz and It also was a tad too saturated around 2,800-3,200 hertz. The tweeter performed very well, it had good off axis performance, and great top end extension, as well as being extremely clear, at times it might have been a tad too bright. This is a very fun set to listen to even though it is not necessarily the clearest. I would rate a solid 6.75/10

Realm LSC6: Right off I am going to say this set caters towards the EDM/Dubstep/Electronic genre crowd.The midbass had tight low end extension, however was subdued in the midrange. The tweeter has amazing top end sparkle and extension however is crossed higher than optimal so a-pillar/sail panel installs will suffer some imaging etc. Sadly the tweeter also has poor off axis performance and is not practical to use in a vehicle unless you are doing custom fabrication to aim the tweeter on axis. With the correct amount of fabrication this set could be a top performer. If I were competing in sql I would be running these due to the shear power they can handle. 6.25/10

Focal 165AS: This set had the classic Focal sound signature, great dynamics, high end sparkle and very clear sounding. Sadly though the midbass lacked low end output and the crossover allowed the midbass to play into the higher frequency range in which it starts to breakup some (maybe focal designed them no low pass crossover for the mid, instead just natural roll-off?). The tweeter was crossed very high which will inhibit soundstage possibilities if mounted high up in a car environment, however because of this the tweeter had inaudible distortion and great clarity. I would rate 6/10

DLS RC6.2: The packaging the speakers come in is very well laid out. The build quality of all the components is great for the price point. The midbass had great power handling (right behind the realm), great low end bass extension and output; however, they lacked ever so slightly in the higher midrange. The tweeter is extremely clear, and loves power. The sonic signature of this speaker set is very warm, with great bass output, fast attack, and decent top end extension. Not to mention the price you can grab this set is one of the lowest of the group. By far the best value out of any of the sets in regards to price. Solid 7.5/10

Rainbow SL-6.2C: Rainbow really knows how to ship a set of speakers, great packaging. The midbass and tweeter construction gave great first impressions, great build quality. The midbass had above average output, above average low end extension, however started to breakup a little in the mid-range frequencies. The tweeter had great clarity however lacked the top end sparkle. I would rate the tweeter below the DLS RC28 which came with the DLS set however by no means a bad performer. The set is not nearly as sensitive/efficient compared to some of the others so you will need the extra wattage to really push it to the limit. Great set of speakers, a top contender. 6.75/10

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2018   #94
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Review of Oncore ON6 to come this upcoming week

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2018   #95
 
Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Worcester MA
Age: 43
Posts: 928

Thanks: 63
Thanked 219 Times in 177 Posts
Rep Power: 72 V8toilet will become famous soon enoughV8toilet will become famous soon enoughV8toilet will become famous soon enoughV8toilet will become famous soon enoughV8toilet will become famous soon enoughV8toilet will become famous soon enoughV8toilet will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (10)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Hey, thanks for this subjective review, which means a lot coming from a DIYmobileAudio member. I never thought of CDT Audio as making good stuff so will have to take a closer loook at those. What would make this comparison really interesting for me is to see how an AudioFrog GS series set and Pioneer Z series set would compare in this bunch.

Sienna SB29 Focal PS165V Alpine SWS10 Mazda CX5 AF GB15 AF GB60 AF GB12 Ford F150 AF GB10 JLC5 Sundown SD310.
V8toilet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to V8toilet For This Useful Post:
ANS (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018   #96
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8toilet View Post
Hey, thanks for this subjective review, which means a lot coming from a DIYmobileAudio member. I never thought of CDT Audio as making good stuff so will have to take a closer loook at those. What would make this comparison really interesting for me is to see how an AudioFrog GS series set and Pioneer Z series set would compare in this bunch.
I enjoy working within the industry, have a passion for music in general. CDT Audio manufacturers a lot of high quality items however they do have several items to stay away from, I think that applies to most brands. After my initial listening of their products I was impressed with the build quality, price points, and sound reproduction. In fact, because of the impression I picked up their products as a dealer. I then worked with Ken, the owner of CDT, to create three different component sets. These sets were based around my impressions after I listened to every speaker they manufacturer. I created a low, middle, and high end offering for my customers.

I also picked up DLS Audio as a dealer after testing several of their products. Not only do their speakers offer a great value, their amplifiers are solid performing.

So far the only brands which really have given me a wow factor in raw performance are Audison, Hertz, CDT Audio, DLS Audio, and PHD Audio. Granted, I have not had the opportunity to hear any of the higher end Focal products currently on the market. I hopefully will soon.

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ANS For This Useful Post:
DejaWiz (12-23-2018)
Old 12-16-2018   #97
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Oncore ON6: If one word summed up this speaker set, "flat." Upon opening the box I was really excited due to seeing how well built the speakers were. When I saw the size of the magnet I instantly thought the midbass woofer would have great output, however, I was wrong. The woofer lacked midbass output and had a slightly biased midrange (similar to how JBL biases their midrange but not nearly as pronounced). It seems the crossover is allowing the midbass to play too high distracting the soundstage and imaging as well as allowing the tweeter to play to low. Don't get me wrong, the performance of the tweeter was above average, had great top end extension however, became muddy towards the midrange. If you were to eliminate the crossover and run the set active they would perform much better, however, I have to rate them as they come. Also the tweeter speaker wire is very thin for a set at this price point. Rated 5.5/10


CDT Audio Chrome (CDT CRM-6KCV Mid, EX-560CD Crossover, DRT-26S): The build quality of the set is top notch and the sound...one word, blissful. If anyone is familiar with CDT think of the crm-6kcv midbass as a hybrid of a hd-6 and es-6. It has the clarity and midrange detail of the hd-6 with the low end extension and output of the es-6. The midbass would take power for days, simply amazing. The tweeter performed very well. It has the warmth of a DLS RC28 but with more top end extension and detail (by far the best sounding small format silk dome tweeter I have heard). Off axis performance was good however on axis did perform better. This is the tweeter you want if you crave the detail of an aluminum dome but don't want the ear fatigue. The crossovers were well built with several tweeter adjustments. On a side note an added bonus of the set is the fact it can be component or coaxial or even braxial if you ask for the extra hardware, very versatile. Extremely Solid 9/10

Massive zk6: Everything sounded awful to the point I want to laugh. Do not waste your time, midbass was extremely muddy, and tweeter sounded lifeless. 1/10

Alpine type x ref: This is another set I am shocked by the performance, not in a good way. The midbass was just average, lacked low end authority, and did not like power, would easily bottom out (yes I used a correct high pass filter before you ask). The midrange was average performance, missing certain details on certain songs. The tweeter did have some top end sparkle however was not clear, very muddy sounding. The tweeter did not handle off axis well, really only suitable for on axis. Given the build quality which is very good I am disappointed with the performance. I also had the opportunity to hear another set of alpine coaxial speakers and the performance was just a disappointing, definitely coming from such a large, well respected company.. 4/10

Hertz HSK 165: The midbass is a very unique contender, it responds fast, was able to play low, handle power, and produce a clean full bodied midrange with great detail. The tweeter had excellent off axis performance, had the top end sparkle when needed however at times could sound a tad too harsh (analytical sounding, could probably eq it out).The build quality of the set is fantastic and comes very nicely packaged. Would define this more of a reference set. Honestly with the correct sound tuning this set may perform even better, however, I rate them as they come. Overall a very impressive set. Solid 8/10

Morel Tempo Ultra: I was originally very excited to review this set however was let down with the results. The midbass was the weakest link. It had great low end response however lacked the clarity and fast attack when compared to others. The midbass could not handle as much power as you would assume and in turn could not keep up with the spl of the other sets. The tweeter is the shinning gem, with great top end sparkle, great off axis response, and a very unique, pleasant sounding sonic signature. The only complaint I have with the tweeter would be that it can use some extra detail in the upper midrange to fill it out. The set comes nicely packaged. If you could purchase the tweeters alone that would be money well spent. Rated 5.25/10

PHD 6.1 Pro: I would define this set as very well rounded. No one characteristic out performed the other, everything was extremely well balanced. The midbass had good low end extension, fast attack, very clear, and could handle power for days. The tweeter had a full body, balanced sound signature, but did lack some of the top end sparkle and extension needed to squeeze that extra detail out of certain songs. This set would definitely be for the person who gets fatigued by too much high frequency bias since the tweeter naturally rolls off earlier than others. I am sure you could boost the higher frequencies to get a little more detail out of it. I could easily use these in my own vehicle. Very Solid 7.5/10

Polk MM6501: I am highly impressed with this set given the price point I purchase them ($180). The midbass definitely is catered for a car door/infinite baffle setup. The midbass has great low end extension but what really took me by surprise was the detailed midrange. The midbass loved power, however it did have a pitfall; it started to break up on certain songs around 3,400+ hertz and It also sounded a tad too saturated around 2,800-3,200 hertz. The tweeter performed very well, it had good off axis performance, and great top end extension, as well as being extremely clear, at times it might have been a tad too bright. This is a very fun set to listen to even though it is not necessarily what you would call a reference set. I would rate a solid 6.75/10

Realm LSC6: Right off I am going to say this set caters towards the EDM/Dubstep/Electronic genre crowd.The midbass had tight low end extension, however was subdued in the midrange. The tweeter has amazing top end sparkle and extension however is crossed higher than optimal so a-pillar/sail panel installs will suffer some imaging etc. Sadly the tweeter also has poor off axis performance and is not practical to use in a vehicle unless you are doing custom fabrication to aim the tweeter on axis. With the correct amount of fabrication this set could be a top performer. If I were competing in sql I would be running these due to the shear power they can handle. I was able to give each side 400 watts rms of power and they didn't skip a beat. Great build quality. Rated 6.25/10

Focal 165AS: This set had the classic Focal sound signature, great dynamics, high end sparkle and very clear sounding. Sadly, the midbass lacked low end output and the crossover allowed the midbass to play into the higher frequency range in which it started to breakup some (maybe focal designed them no low pass crossover for the mid, instead just natural roll-off?). The tweeter was crossed very high which can inhibit soundstage/imaging if mounted high up in a car environment, however because of this, the tweeter had inaudible distortion and great clarity. As always the build quality was very good. Rated 6/10

DLS RC6.2: The packaging the speakers come in is very well laid out. The build quality of all the components are above average for the price point. The midbass had great power handling (right behind the realm), great low end bass extension and output, however, they lacked in detail ever so slightly in the higher midrange. The tweeter is extremely clear, and loves power. The sonic signature of this speaker set is very warm, with great bass output, fast attack, and above average top end extension. Not to mention the price you can grab this set is one of the lowest of the group. By far a great value. Solid 7.5/10

Rainbow SL-6.2C: Rainbow really knows how to ship a set of speakers, great packaging. The midbass and tweeter construction had great build quality. The midbass had above average output, above average low end extension, however started to breakup a little in the mid-range frequencies. The tweeter had great clarity however lacked the top end sparkle needed to pull extra detail out of certain songs. I would rate the tweeter below the DLS RC28 which came with the DLS set however by no means a bad performer. The set is not nearly as sensitive/efficient compared to some of the others so you will need the extra wattage to really push get the output desired. Great set of speakers, a top contender. 6.75/10

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ANS For This Useful Post:
DejaWiz (12-23-2018)
Old 12-17-2018   #98
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

New Reviews (Also updated ratings)

DLS MC6.2: I now have access to DLS products and figured to give this set a try. The set comes very well packaged, everything is organized nicely. The build quality of the speakers are among the best, however, what really matters is the sound. The set has a unique sound signature, it is very "airy" sounding, let me explain. The midbass woofer does not have as much midbass output as I would have preferred (average output) and the midrange sounds thin in turn making voices sound hollow. It is as if the midrange is present and clear but not well rounded. The tweeter is very smooth sounding, reproducing music with great clarity, however, does lack top end frequency extension to really round itself out. The overall efficiency of the set is a little below average, would definitely need an amplifier to perform its best. By no means is the set awful sounding, just doesn't have the wow factor of many other high performing speaker sets. Rated 6/10

CDT HC-63: Got Bass? I pieced this model together with the help of CDT Audio to offer my customers an installer friendly solution which is not biased towards any one specific area (wanted it to be the "vanilla" offering which anybody could enjoy). The build quality of the set is among the best out there however lets get to the good part, the sound. Midbass output actually surprised me in a good way, there is an abundance (above average), and the midrange is very smooth but does have a pitfall. Certain sections of the midrange sound over saturated in turn loosing detail, could easily be compensated with an EQ, however I rate the sets as they come out the box. The tweeter is very warm and forgiving with above average detail and clarity, however, does not have the top end extension needed to really bring out certain details. This is a really fun, enjoyable set to listen to and reminds me of the polk momo set I reviewed. Overall the set is very efficient and does not need a tremendous amount of power to come to life. Rated 6.75/10

Oncore ON6: If one word summed up this speaker set, "flat." Upon opening the box I was really excited due to seeing how well built the speakers were. When I saw the size of the magnet I instantly thought the midbass woofer would have great output, however, I was wrong. The woofer lacked midbass output and had a slightly biased midrange (similar to how JBL biases their midrange but not nearly as pronounced). It seems the crossover is allowing the midbass to play too high distracting the soundstage and imaging as well as allowing the tweeter to play to low. Don't get me wrong, the performance of the tweeter was above average, had great top end extension however, became muddy towards the midrange. If you were to eliminate the crossover and run the set active they would perform much better, however, I have to rate them as they come. Also the tweeter speaker wire is very thin for a set at this price point. Rated 5.5/10

CDT Audio CRM-66: With the help of CDT I was able to make this set into a current model I offer to my customers. The build quality of the set is top notch and the sound...one word, blissful. If anyone is familiar with CDT think of the crm-6kcv midbass as a hybrid of a hd-6 and es-6. It has the clarity and midrange detail of the hd-6 with the low end extension and output of the es-6 (midbass output is above average and blends very well with most subwoofers). For those not familiar, the midrange is among the best I have ever heard, very clear, not too saturated, nor too hollow, voices really shine how they should. The midbass can take power for days. The tweeter performed very well. It has the warmth of a DLS RC28 but with more top end extension and detail (by far the best sounding small format silk dome tweeter I have heard yet). The one pitfall of the tweeter is a tad too much upper midrange bias which can be altered with the use of an EQ, however, I have to rate the speakers as they come. Off axis performance was above average however on axis did perform better. This is the tweeter you want if you crave the detail of a metal dome but don't want the ear fatigue. The crossovers are well built with several tweeter adjustments. On a side note an added bonus of the set is the fact it can be component or coaxial or even braxial if you ask for the extra hardware, very versatile. Extremely Solid 8.75/10

Massive zk6: Everything sounded awful to the point I want to laugh. Do not waste your time, midbass was extremely muddy, and tweeter sounded lifeless. Decided not to spend any further time listening to the set. Rated 1/10

Alpine type x ref: This is another set I am shocked by the performance, not in a good way. The midbass was just average, lacked low end authority, and did not like power, would easily bottom out (yes I used a correct high pass filter before you ask). The midrange was average performance, missing certain details on certain songs. The tweeter did have some top end sparkle however was not clear, very muddy sounding. The tweeter did not handle off axis well, really only suitable for on axis installs. Given the build quality which is very good I am disappointed with the performance. I also had the opportunity to hear another set of alpine coaxial speakers and the performance was just a disappointing, definitely coming from such a large, well respected company.. 4/10

Hertz HSK 165: The midbass is a very unique contender, it responds fast, was able to play low, handle power, and produce a clean full bodied midrange with great detail. The tweeter had excellent off axis performance, had the top end sparkle when needed however at times could sound a tad too harsh (analytical sounding, could probably eq it out).The build quality of the set is fantastic and comes very nicely packaged. Would define this more of a reference set. Honestly with the correct sound tuning this set may perform even better, however, I rate them as they come. Overall a very impressive set. Solid 8/10

Morel Tempo Ultra: I was originally very excited to review this set however was let down with the results. The midbass was the weakest link. It had great low end response however lacked midrange clarity and fast attack when compared to others. The midbass could not handle as much power as you would assume and in turn could not keep up with the spl of the other sets. The tweeter is the shinning gem, with great top end sparkle, great off axis response, and a very unique, pleasant sounding sonic signature. The only complaint I have with the tweeter would be that it can use some extra detail in the upper midrange to fill it out. The set comes nicely packaged. If you could purchase the tweeters alone that would be money well spent. Rated 5.25/10

PHD 6.1 Pro: I would define this set as very well rounded. No one characteristic out performed the other, everything was extremely well balanced. The midbass had good low end extension, fast attack, very clear, and could handle power for days. The tweeter had a full body, balanced sound signature, but did lack some of the top end sparkle and extension needed to squeeze that extra detail out of certain songs. This set would definitely be for the person who gets fatigued by too much high frequency bias since the tweeter naturally rolls off earlier than others. I am sure you could boost the higher frequencies to get a little more detail out of it. I could easily use these in my own vehicle. Very Solid 7.5/10

Polk MM6501: I am highly impressed with this set given the price point I purchase them ($180). The midbass definitely is catered for a car door/infinite baffle setup. The midbass has great low end extension but what really took me by surprise was the detailed midrange. The midbass loved power, however it did have a pitfall; it started to break up on certain songs around 3,400+ hertz and It also sounded a tad too saturated around 2,800-3,200 hertz. The tweeter performed very well, it had good off axis performance, and great top end extension, as well as being extremely clear, however, at times was a tad too bright. This is a very fun set to listen to even though it is not necessarily what you would call reference quality. I would rate a solid 6.75/10

Realm LSC6: Right off I am going to say this set caters towards the EDM/Dubstep/Electronic genre crowd.The midbass had tight, low end extension, and above average output. Sadly, the midrange was subdued in turn missing details needed to really bring voices to life. The tweeter has amazing top end sparkle and extension (thank you titanium) but does not have the warmth needed to bring out details in vocals. The tweeter is crossed higher than optimal so a-pillar/sail panel installs will suffer some imaging etc. Sadly the tweeter also has poor off axis performance and is not practical to use in a vehicle unless you are doing custom fabrication to aim the tweeter on axis. With the correct amount of fabrication this set could be a great performer. If I were competing in sql I would be running these due to the shear power they can handle. I was able to give each side 400 watts rms of power and they didn't skip a beat. Great build quality. Rated 5.75/10

Focal 165AS: This set had the classic Focal sound signature, great dynamics, high end sparkle and very clear sounding. Sadly, the midbass lacked low end output and the crossover allowed the midbass to play into the higher frequency range in which it started to breakup some (maybe focal designed them no low pass crossover for the mid, instead just natural roll-off?). The tweeter was crossed very high which can inhibit soundstage/imaging if mounted in a pillar or high up location, however because of this, the tweeter had inaudible distortion and great clarity. As always the build quality was like any other Focal product, A+. Rated 6/10

DLS RC6.2: The packaging the speakers come in is very well laid out. The build quality of all the components are above average for the price point. The midbass had great power handling (right behind the realm), great low end bass extension and output, however, they lacked in detail ever so slightly in the higher midrange. The tweeter is very unique, has great detail, very clear, and maintains a smooth response with no harshness of any kind. The sonic signature of this speaker set is very warm, with great bass output, above average midrange detail, and above average high frequency reproduction. Not to mention the price you can grab this set is one of the lowest of the group. By far a great value. Solid 7.5/10

Rainbow SL-6.2C: Rainbow really knows how to ship a set of speakers, great packaging. The midbass and tweeter construction had great build quality. The midbass woofer had great output (above average), great low end extension (above average), however it did have a minor weakness. The midrange had minor audible distortion which in turn took away detail needed to really make this woofer shine. The tweeter was very warm and smooth, had great clarity however did lack the top end sparkle needed round its performance out. I would rate the tweeter below the DLS RC28 which came with the DLS RC6.2 set however by no means is it a bad performer. The set is not nearly as sensitive/efficient compared to some of the others so you will need the extra wattage to really get the output desired. Great set of speakers, a top contender. 6.75/10

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ANS For This Useful Post:
beak81champ (12-17-2018), DejaWiz (12-23-2018), gbrnole (01-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2018   #99
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

In regards to the CDT Audio Chrome (CRM-66) set, I wrote a typo, it is the drt-25s not the drt-26s(the drt-26s tweeter is more bright if anyone is wondering).

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ANS For This Useful Post:
DejaWiz (12-23-2018)
Old 12-19-2018   #100
ANS
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Newbie
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Posts: 231

12V Company:
Sound Express
Position:
Sales, Installation, Support

Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enoughANS will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (5)



Default Re: Hertz, Rainbow, Morel, Massive Audio, JBL, Helix Component Comparison

Stevens Audio SA6CS to be reviewed next week (thank you user: ToNasty for supplying the speakers)

DLS Audio, CDT Audio: http://www.soundexpressusa.com
Coupon Code: diymobile
ANS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ANS For This Useful Post:
DejaWiz (12-23-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
First name
Last name
Do you work in the 12 Volt industry?
Do you work in the 12 Volt industry?
Youtube Channel
Enter Your Youtube Username, And It will Be Linked To In Your Posts!
12V Industry - Company Name
Your company name.
12V Industry - Your Position
Your position in your company.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Ad Management by RedTyger

Home | User CP | Members List | New Posts | ITrader | Faq | Post Spy