DXZ775USB - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 153 jonnyanalog will become famous soon enoughjonnyanalog will become famous soon enoughjonnyanalog will become famous soon enoughjonnyanalog will become famous soon enoughjonnyanalog will become famous soon enoughjonnyanalog will become famous soon enough

Default Re: DXZ775USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
Wow, very insightful.
it is if aesthetics play a role in your install....i would never use it based on this alone.
it was meant to be light hearted sorry to offend.
jonnyanalog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 nismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to nismos14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar34 View Post
It WON'T play in iPod mode with a 4th-gen unless you pay extra for the CeNet thing. POS. Anybody want to buy an iPod?

How much how many gigs?

'05 SE-R
CAAA Member #1
My Car, My Ears.
nismos14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Yo mama
Position:
Yo mama

Rep Power: 165 Lothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
How much how many gigs?
It's a 40GB 4th gen. It's pretty scratched up (I only wanted it for the car). I bought it for $76 plus shipping, and I'll sell it for $76 plus shipping. It comes with the USB cable and a fresh pair of ear buds. This is who I bought it from:
http://electronics.shop.ebay.com/ite...ewbizQQ_ssovZ1
Lothar34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 nismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enoughnismos14 will become famous soon enough

hmm you have pm.

'05 SE-R
CAAA Member #1
My Car, My Ears.
Old 09-16-2008   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 gunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enough

Just a reminder and bump. Frys Electronics or Outpost dot com is selling the newer version of this head unit with ipod and usb direct for $149.90.

The DXZ785USB.

Last edited by gunn234; 09-16-2008 at 11:09 AM..
gunn234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2008   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

^ DXZ785USB

'05 SE-R
CAAA Member #1
My Car, My Ears.
Old 09-16-2008   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Yo mama
Position:
Yo mama

Rep Power: 165 Lothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enoughLothar34 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn234 View Post
Just a reminder and bump. Frys Electronics or Outpost dot com is selling the newer version of this head unit with ipod and usb direct for $149.90.

The DXZ785USB.
Son of a bitch. I just bought mine for $220
Old 10-12-2008   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 gunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enoughgunn234 will become famous soon enough

I actually got two of the DXZ785USB from Frys' for $99.00 each BNIB. They went quickly and are now discontinued.

One of the things I noticed about the floor models is that the graphics on display showed lines running through the normal AM/FM display like it got jarbled with the star graphics at one of the start of the settings menus. It looks like a model-wide defect. Does anyone else have this head unit to comment on it?

(nevermind) false alarm. I looked at the models on youtube and the lines going through are part of the display features. I guess it's suppose to be some sort of screen saver. I wonder why Frys discontinued it so quick though.

Last edited by gunn234; 10-13-2008 at 05:39 AM..
Old 10-12-2008   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 179 BlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enough

hmm, should I not upgrade my 775 to a 785? I just want the USB Ipod use. I haven't even installed my 775 yet.
BlackLac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 179 BlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enoughBlackLac will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLac View Post
hmm, should I not upgrade my 775 to a 785? I just want the USB Ipod use. I haven't even installed my 775 yet.
bump
Old 10-21-2008   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

If you want the usb, just get it? We can't spoon feed the decision only you can make

'05 SE-R
CAAA Member #1
My Car, My Ears.
Old 10-22-2008   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Yo mama
Position:
Yo mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn234 View Post
I actually got two of the DXZ785USB from Frys' for $99.00 each BNIB. They went quickly and are now discontinued.

One of the things I noticed about the floor models is that the graphics on display showed lines running through the normal AM/FM display like it got jarbled with the star graphics at one of the start of the settings menus. It looks like a model-wide defect. Does anyone else have this head unit to comment on it?

(nevermind) false alarm. I looked at the models on youtube and the lines going through are part of the display features. I guess it's suppose to be some sort of screen saver. I wonder why Frys discontinued it so quick though.
Did you not get a manual with yours?
Old 10-22-2008   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

They were both complete BNIB. $99.00 Quite a steal.
Old 10-22-2008   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Yo mama
Position:
Yo mama

Yeah you got a much better deal than me.

Anyway there are instructions in teh manual for turning off the screen saver.
Old 10-24-2008   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
If you want the usb, just get it? We can't spoon feed the decision only you can make
These Clarion's don't get alot of attention of this site. Is the 785 exactly the same as the 775 but it also has iPod capability over USB? Just want to make sure the 785 didn't get cheaped out over the 775. It's not very often manufacturers make a nice product in this price range without screwing it up shortly after. Someone complained about teh display, but it was a floor model so, just wanted to make sure these are up to par.

If the 775 sounds better I'll keep it.
Old 10-24-2008   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Sound wise, should be identical.

'05 SE-R
CAAA Member #1
My Car, My Ears.
Old 10-24-2008   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

I'm just curious if anyone knows for sure if the D/As are bypassed in the ipod and USB connections. I would assume that USB direct and ipod direct would imply such a feature, but they don't quite spell it out in their marketing like Alpine does with their IDA-X100.

It wouldn't make sense from a cost of manufacturing standpoint to convert the signal from a usb device or ipod from digital back to analog, and then the analog again back to digital. I know that the previous models with external ipod adapters had to do this.

The only reason why a manufacturer would have to go the D/A to A/D then back D/A route is if the RIAA had enforced this feature upon them for the purpose of keeping even much further away from the quality of CD quality playback. Unless they had paid some royalties in the case of the Alpine model.
Old 10-24-2008   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Yo mama
Position:
Yo mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLac View Post
Someone complained about teh display,
It's kinda hard to read. It could use more contrast and I can't read it all with my polarized sunglasses on.
Old 04-08-2009   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 MCarmer will become famous soon enoughMCarmer will become famous soon enoughMCarmer will become famous soon enoughMCarmer will become famous soon enoughMCarmer will become famous soon enoughMCarmer will become famous soon enough

good reviews, nice that they are broken down categories so you can see the strong points and weak points.

Thanks for the information.

Highlander on 22s, Ohio Gen 275A Alt, MLA 14.7/15.3 W/Charging Opt, 5 Deka9a31 batts, Viper 5902 w/TONS of add ons, Alpine CDA-117,6 SA15's,SAZ 4500,Alpine 2 ways,DDC6B for future use MY REFS: CA.com MCarmer EBAY MCarmer18 OOORAAH MARINE CORPS
MCarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2009   #45

Rep Power: 0 Hatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enough

okay guys i need some advice, i got this exact deck on my truck, it was professionally installed by FRY'S about two years ago, and now i got a sub/amp set went to hook it up and when i pulled the deck out there arn't any RCA wires for the amp to run from... i looked in my box and there isn't a harness in there, i have looked all over the net searching for the harness and have come to the conclusion that the frickers that installed it for me decided to keep the harness sense we weren't installing subs at the time... so my question is, was there a harness for the RCA plugs in the box and should i hold the company reliable or do i have to track down that part from god knows where...
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, thank you
Hatchit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2009   #46

Rep Power: 0 Hatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enoughHatchit will become famous soon enough

Question Re: DXZ775USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar34 View Post
It's kinda hard to read. It could use more contrast and I can't read it all with my polarized sunglasses on.
This might be because the screen cover is also polarized for some colder areas, but thats purely speculation...
Old 10-26-2009   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchit View Post
okay guys i need some advice, i got this exact deck on my truck, it was professionally installed by FRY'S about two years ago, and now i got a sub/amp set went to hook it up and when i pulled the deck out there arn't any RCA wires for the amp to run from... i looked in my box and there isn't a harness in there, i have looked all over the net searching for the harness and have come to the conclusion that the frickers that installed it for me decided to keep the harness sense we weren't installing subs at the time... so my question is, was there a harness for the RCA plugs in the box and should i hold the company reliable or do i have to track down that part from god knows where...
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, thank you
Frys must have taken it, why? I don't know.

'05 SE-R
CAAA Member #1
My Car, My Ears.
Old 10-26-2009   #48

Quote:
Frys must have taken it, why? I don't know.
do u know where i can get that harness... frys has told me if i can find the harness they will pay for it but because they dont carry this model anymore that they cant give me a different one...
Old 02-08-2010   #49
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Rep Power: 171 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to WRX/Z28

Quote:
do u know where i can get that harness... frys has told me if i can find the harness they will pay for it but because they dont carry this model anymore that they cant give me a different one...
I know it's a couple months late, but:

CLARION 855552056 RCA CORD IN STOCK $12.68 Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.
WRX/Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010   #50
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Rep Power: 171 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to WRX/Z28

Quote:
Amazon.com: Clarion 855552056 RCA OUTPUT CORD DXZ775USB: Everything Else

here too...
WRX/Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement