Dyn Audio Esotar2 1200 - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019   #26

Rep Power: 23 LexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enough

These stereo integrity woofers are very interesting to say the least. They look like overall SPL only driver's and take 2000 watts rms, but they only come specked for a very small sealed enclosure, which leaves me kinda confused.
LexusLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2019   #27

Rep Power: 30 ckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Dyn Audio Esotar2 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I know this thread is over a decade old but these subs and the ones comparable to them are still produced. I would like to know if anyone has anything new to contribute. I'm in the market for subwoofers right now(and a front stage and a DSP and some amps and also a new car) and had my eye on a couple W7's, but these dynaudio's are really calling my name. I am going for great SQ but love to jam out at higher volume levels. Any input/advice would be much appreciated.
I'd also look at Adire Audio Brahma subs and CSS Audio SDX's. I have CSS SDX 12's, they get really loud and sound spectacular. Both of my suggestions are XBL^2 designs.
ckirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2019   #28

Rep Power: 81 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

The Dyn 1200 and AE SBP series (especially the 15) are two of the best IB subs on the market. I’d recommend the SBP15 if you want the best IB experience. You’d get clean deep bass that blends well into the mid bass and strong output wouldn’t take much power; 300w or so since IB is so efficient.
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019   #29

Rep Power: 81 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Quote:
These stereo integrity woofers are very interesting to say the least. They look like overall SPL only driver's and take 2000 watts rms, but they only come specked for a very small sealed enclosure, which leaves me kinda confused.
In full disclosure, I have done business with Stereo Integrity for my home theater subwoofer business since 2015. Nick makes very good drivers that also happen to be good values. I wouldn’t hesitate to put them up against any sub on the market within their class (type, not price). You can take a look at my website (www.deepseasound.com) as I use their subs in my “premium” Internet direct home theater subwoofers. I will also be revealing an inwall sub using quad BM mK V subs. I compared the BM mK V to the JL 12TW3 and the SI sub was better in a smaller enclosure with the same amount of power (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...i-bm-mk-v.html).

There are many quality products out there but SI is definitely up there for subwoofers.
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2019   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 foreman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enough

Ive also heard good things about the esotar IB, but FI makes a great IB sub. And the W7 can also be IB. Ive heard FI free air and i would buy them myself if i was going IB. Thats my opinion.

Deck-DEX-P99Rs, Amp-Arc xdi v2 1200.6
Dash-Xtant XIS 2.4
Doors-Scan Rev's, sub SI Mag 4....
foreman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2019   #31

Rep Power: 23 LexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enoughLexusLover will become famous soon enough

This is another brand that I have never heard of. Very good looking driver's tho. Makes me wish so bad that I was rich! I would buy every single brand just to swap and try. This one specifically has interesting specs. The recomended sealed box is from 3 to 8 cubic feet! Ive never even heard of a sealed enclosure that large. So a major question this leads me to is which would hit harder and sound better, a sealed enclosure or an IB setup? I get so confused when people start talking about specs like Qes, Vas, Fs, Xmax.
Old 02-02-2019   #32

I'm sure these are all excellent driver's but I have never heard, or heard of 1 of them. I would really like to get some input from someone who has some real world experience with, and can say why a certain driver is good in any certain enclosure or setup. I wish I could just pick something and go with it but if it sounds like shit I don't have the money to just buy something else and start over. That's exactly where I'm at after buying 2 sundown SA 12's.
Old 02-02-2019   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 187 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm sure these are all excellent driver's but I have never heard, or heard of 1 of them. I would really like to get some input from someone who has some real world experience with, and can say why a certain driver is good in any certain enclosure or setup. I wish I could just pick something and go with it but if it sounds like shit I don't have the money to just buy something else and start over. That's exactly where I'm at after buying 2 sundown SA 12's.
If you are looking to buy something and be happy, i can easily recommend the Audiofrog GB10 or GB12. They work great in either ported or sealed boxes.

Its up to you how much space you want to give up, how much money you want to spend, and how much bass you need to have. 2 of either will be more bass than most people need in a daily driver. 1 of either would be enough for most.

I am in the middle of testing out one of the new RM-12's from Stereo Integrity. In a very unscientific test if i had to go ported i would choose Audiofrog. I am about to try it in a sealed box later today. I expect better results sealed.

2018 Crosstrek
Helix P SIX Mk2-AF Gs690 GB15-SI RM12- Zapco Z-2kd
miniSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2019   #34

I have been looking very closely at audiofrog and plan on using them or dynaudio for my front stage. I'm not convinced the GB will.have enough output for my sub stage tho. That's why I was looking into the W7 for my sub stage, I'm just worried they won't have the SQ of the GB or esotar2. I don't want to use a ported box for sure and want to go either sealed or IB.
Old 02-02-2019   #35

I would be very interested in seeing your results from your test. You should post a video of it for sure! Looking forward to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement