Celestra and Audio Development - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2017   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 89 Audi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enoughAudi_SQ4 will become famous soon enough

Default Celestra and Audio Development

Hello fellow DIYers.... I have been gone for a while, new job and life taking priority... During this time... Unfortunately, my little Acura with the Sinfoni system died.... The transmission broke and I decided it just didn't make fiscal sense to repair it. So away it went and the sound system was sold to a new owner in Las Vegas.

As a result, I picked up a new vehicle.... A Silver Audi A4... ABSOLUTELY LOVE this car !!!

For the longest, I decided... No aftermarket audio system.... Just enjoy the car....

Well you can imagine how long that lasted... LOL...

While I have enjoyed the Sinfoni equipment and had a great deal of experience with the brand over the years... I wanted something new, different....

Enter two brands.... Audio Development and Celestra.... One I have used in the past... One I've always wanted to ....

As of this writing, these products have not been installed... But have been tested in vehicle... Once I get the Audi system installed... I'll post a build log and provide my final thoughts...

Anyway, on to the Audio Development (AD) speakers.... I contacted the AD distributor, Audio Excellent, to discuss his suggestions for the Audi given the OEM locations. Dash mid-range and of course door mounted midbass.

For the dash locations, we settled on the ESA plates... These are top line quality speakers that have been integrated into a teardrop shaped plate....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Audi_SQ4; 11-18-2017 at 06:57 PM..
Audi_SQ4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2017   #2

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 58 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Dang those are nice, how much are those amps
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2017   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 181 TomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Celestra and Audio Development

I think Emilios has a future career as a hand model. LOL

If my current front stage melts down, those plates (or at least those same drivers) are on the short list to replace my e430s and Sinfoni tweeters. Iím most likely keeping the AD ESA Bass 6.5s forever.

"Buy Once, Cry Once. Then enjoy it for a long time!!!"
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017   #4

Rep Power: 46 RVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enoughRVA_LVER will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT View Post
I think Emilios has a future career as a hand model. LOL

If my current front stage melts down, those plates (or at least those same drivers) are on the short list to replace my e430s and Sinfoni tweeters. Iím most likely keeping the AD ESA Bass 6.5s forever.

Tom, are those ESA 6.5ís the best 6.5ís you ever ran? Wanting to keep them forever seems to say so. I currently have Focal Utopia RC-165wís but was thinking about getting some ZR800ís because I would like more midbass authority. Iím currently running the Focals with a 80hz 12db butterworth high pass, along with them being eqíd down considerably below the curve once it drops below 45hz. Id like not to do that. I wish I had a driver that I could high pass at 60hz with a 12db slope. I know I could do this with the ZR800ís from what I understand so far, but is the ESA Bass Drivers capable of this as well? They would be getting 150-200w each.

Sorry to highjack thread. My other consideration is the W800neoís, but if I can avoid going bigger than a 6.5 in my doors, that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVA_LVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2018   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 offtime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enough

Very nice amp guts pictures lol

Wish I could have a peek on those caps specifications
offtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2018   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 42 mrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enoughmrichard89 will become famous soon enough

Any more info available on these ESA plates? How big are they? It's tough to tell from the pic!

Thanks
mrichard89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2018   #7

Rep Power: 0 pomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enough

Who are selling pre-owned Celestra Va AMP?
pomo528ta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2018   #8

Rep Power: 0 pomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enoughpomo528ta will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi_SQ4 View Post
Hello fellow DIYers.... I have been gone for a while, new job and life taking priority... During this time... Unfortunately, my little Acura with the Sinfoni system died.... The transmission broke and I decided it just didn't make fiscal sense to repair it. So away it went and the sound system was sold to a new owner in Las Vegas.

As a result, I picked up a new vehicle.... A Silver Audi A4... ABSOLUTELY LOVE this car !!!

For the longest, I decided... No aftermarket audio system.... Just enjoy the car....

Well you can imagine how long that lasted... LOL...

While I have enjoyed the Sinfoni equipment and had a great deal of experience with the brand over the years... I wanted something new, different....

Enter two brands.... Audio Development and Celestra.... One I have used in the past... One I've always wanted to ....

As of this writing, these products have not been installed... But have been tested in vehicle... Once I get the Audi system installed... I'll post a build log and provide my final thoughts...

Anyway, on to the Audio Development (AD) speakers.... I contacted the AD distributor, Audio Excellent, to discuss his suggestions for the Audi given the OEM locations. Dash mid-range and of course door mounted midbass.

For the dash locations, we settled on the ESA plates... These are top line quality speakers that have been integrated into a teardrop shaped plate....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
can you PM me your email address?
pomo528ta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement