APL 1012 - 10ch FIR-based DSP - Review - Page 7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018   #151

Rep Power: 0 Spartak802 will become famous soon enoughSpartak802 will become famous soon enoughSpartak802 will become famous soon enoughSpartak802 will become famous soon enoughSpartak802 will become famous soon enoughSpartak802 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: APL 1012 - 10ch FIR-based DSP - Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmz View Post

Or if your system is already stunning, then it will not make 1800 euros worth of difference, or whatever the price is... it will make no difference
Sorry for misunderstanding... If you are glad for your existing setup and have 100% satisfaction with the carsound quality, why you spend your time on this forum instead of having pleasure by listening your stunning system?

APL technology has changed mind of many enthusiasts despite their pervious experience in the audio World. Carsound is not an exclusion.

Sure, 1800 euros is a lot of money and one has to think about before investing in new components... But let listen first to what APL technology could make before final decission.

APL1012 for sure is not for newbees, but with the help and support from Raimonds, nothing will be impossible even for them.

But again, perhaps it is simply a wrong timing to change the stunning system. Especially if you made it by yourself and now it is time to enjoy it. Fully understanding you in this point. Good luck!
Spartak802 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2018   #152
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 147 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

The APL1 instantly makes my soundstage wider in my car with Helix DSP Pro2, and I am an expert tuner of the Helix.

Before the APL1, my stage boundaries are pillar to pillar.

With the APL1, instantly the stage goes to the inside edges of the side mirrors, outside of the pillars a good 6 inches on each side.

I donít know why or how, but it certainly works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN
subterFUSE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subterFUSE For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (08-06-2018), captainobvious (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018   #153
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 55 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartak802 View Post
Sorry for misunderstanding... If you are glad for your existing setup and have 100% satisfaction with the carsound quality, why you spend your time on this forum instead of having pleasure by listening your stunning system?

APL technology has changed mind of many enthusiasts despite their pervious experience in the audio World. Carsound is not an exclusion.

Sure, 1800 euros is a lot of money and one has to think about before investing in new components... But let listen first to what APL technology could make before final decission.

APL1012 for sure is not for newbees, but with the help and support from Raimonds, nothing will be impossible even for them.

But again, perhaps it is simply a wrong timing to change the stunning system. Especially if you made it by yourself and now it is time to enjoy it. Fully understanding you in this point. Good luck!
If you think that we are "understanding each other in this Point", Then My post must have been poorly worded...

1) I already got an APL - it appears that I must think it was worth having.
2) as the APL is my first DSP, then maybe it is occasionally for noobies? (or... One has to start somewhere, so why not with this DSP?)

With that in mind, perhaps my thoughts directed to Jscoyne2 may be perceived as being in the spirit of a helpful discussion towards his questions? (I can only try to give my perspective of reasoning on the subject, which I may have failed to do in a clear fashion)
Holmz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018   #154
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 326 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
So. Whats the total price on this thing to have a fully running set up? Someone said earlier $1800 euros so thats $2k and then how muxh for tda and whatever else?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

All software are included.

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

- Active Build Thread - VW Passat 1.8T (2000) -
Hanatsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018   #155

Rep Power: 88 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

General question; Since I am using a ported subwoofer my port tune is 33Hz, so I have the SSF on the amp set around 27Hz.

When using Workshop, the measurement I assume will reflect the percieved bass slope and try to compensate to match an EQ curve, which usually keeps a flat response to 20Hz, thus defeating the purpose of the ssf? So am I wrong in thinking when making my own custom EQ curves, I should build a high pass about 25Hz into the curve so APL doesnt try to boost below my ssf?

Also, the APL1012 the clipping lights on the output panel - what exactly does this indicate (aside the obvious), and how to fix should it be clipping?
crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018   #156
Upgrade Your Membership!

http://*****aplaudio*****/

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

Rep Power: 67 Raimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post
General question; Since I am using a ported subwoofer my port tune is 33Hz, so I have the SSF on the amp set around 27Hz.

When using Workshop, the measurement I assume will reflect the percieved bass slope and try to compensate to match an EQ curve, which usually keeps a flat response to 20Hz, thus defeating the purpose of the ssf? So am I wrong in thinking when making my own custom EQ curves, I should build a high pass about 25Hz into the curve so APL doesnt try to boost below my ssf?

Also, the APL1012 the clipping lights on the output panel - what exactly does this indicate (aside the obvious), and how to fix should it be clipping?
You should direct the Workshop not to touch (equalize) the curve in your SSF region. It means - set to "flat" that region with some gain. That is avilable by use of "low frequency limit" parameter in Workshop which is setting the gain for LF region and making curve flat.
You should add the post crossover gain in case of clipping at outputs of crossover`s filters (leds on APL1012 front panel). It is available by use of the potenciometer on PCB and can be set from 0 to +18dB. The default setting is about +10dB.

Raimonds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Raimonds For This Useful Post:
crackinhedz (08-07-2018)
Old 08-06-2018   #157
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 44 Bnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enough

Please correct me if Iím misunderstanding. But from what I gather, the measuring technique has one painting the mic across the front of the dash while sweeps are run...

Does this mean that the final APL 1012 tune is a viable 2 seat tune? Or is it still 1 seat orientated?
Bnlcmbcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2018   #158
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

Rep Power: 67 Raimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enoughRaimonds will become famous soon enough

APL measurement/tune are not seat (place) orientated in general.
But there is option to add some kind of a final tune (after everything is done) for particular position/seat in case if some drivers have an explicit directivity which must be taken into account.

Old 08-07-2018   #159
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 44 Bnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimonds View Post
APL measurement/tune are not seat (place) orientated in general.
As in when your done with the workflow described in the manual, and performed measurements as uniform as possible, the soundstage will sound equivalent whether one is sitting the the driver seat or passenger seat of a car?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bnlcmbcar For This Useful Post:
Durgesh (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018   #160

Rep Power: 62 Durgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnlcmbcar View Post
As in when your done with the workflow described in the manual, and performed measurements as uniform as possible, the soundstage will sound equivalent whether one is sitting the the driver seat or passenger seat of a car?
Stage will also depend on distance (time alignment ) values you input relative to seating position.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Durgesh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2018   #161
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 326 Hanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond reputeHanatsu has a reputation beyond repute

Default APL 1012 - 10ch FIR-based DSP - Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post

If Fb is at 33Hz Iíd remove the highpass. My sub is tuned at 32 and I never used any filters on it. Otherwise you can create the filter in workshop after measuring.

# In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act # (George Orwell)

Old 08-07-2018   #162
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 391 captainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnlcmbcar View Post

You have to keep in mind that you are setting time alignment to a particular seat in the dsp. So if you set your time alignment setting up for the drivers seat and you run the measurements and corrections it will NOT sound equivalent between the driver and passenger seats because of your time alignment settings.

------------------------------------------------------
2018 Iasca ProAm Champion
2018 Meca Extreme 2nd Place

2018 Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to captainobvious For This Useful Post:
Bnlcmbcar (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018   #163
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
You have to keep in mind that you are setting time alignment to a particular seat in the dsp. So if you set your time alignment setting up for the drivers seat and you run the measurements and corrections it will NOT sound equivalent between the driver and passenger seats because of your time alignment settings.
Thanks that makes more sense.
Old 08-07-2018   #164
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 33 VincMartel will become famous soon enoughVincMartel will become famous soon enoughVincMartel will become famous soon enoughVincMartel will become famous soon enoughVincMartel will become famous soon enoughVincMartel will become famous soon enough

What if I tune with an APL with no time alignement? Will I get a decent 2 seats system?

Probably too simple but just asking.
VincMartel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2018   #165
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 147 subterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enoughsubterFUSE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincMartel View Post
What if I tune with an APL with no time alignement? Will I get a decent 2 seats system?

Probably too simple but just asking.

No. Not unless you have path lengths within about 8 inches or so.

2013 Audi S6 Quattro
2nd Place IASCA Pro/Am @ 2015 Finals
2nd Place MECA Modified @ 2015 Finals
1st Place MECA Modified @ 2016 SBN
subterFUSE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to subterFUSE For This Useful Post:
captainobvious (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018   #166
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 391 captainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond repute

You can get great tonality, but don't expect to get accurate imaging.

------------------------------------------------------
2018 Iasca ProAm Champion
2018 Meca Extreme 2nd Place

2018 Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2018   #167

Rep Power: 0 robi17 will become famous soon enoughrobi17 will become famous soon enoughrobi17 will become famous soon enoughrobi17 will become famous soon enoughrobi17 will become famous soon enoughrobi17 will become famous soon enough

this is very nice and informative discasion
robi17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2018   #168
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 110 seafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by robi17 View Post
this is very nice and informative discasion
The occasion for a "discussion" is over since you are merely a chatbot.

"THE BASS OF THE PEOPLE IS THE GOD OF GOD"
seafish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2018   #169

Rep Power: 62 Durgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enoughDurgesh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
Sorry for the wait. A basic workflow is already included in the pdf file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sM...NTeZpGExsYpMcx

Edit: Dropbox don't work for some reason...
Hi Hanatsu

Could not follow the 5th step of the work flow in the manual made by you.

.......5. Add your target curve by use of the unitís input EQ. Use the 5th unit field of C5 software to manage that......

Pls elaborate this (step by step if possible).

Thanks

Old 08-24-2018   #170
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgesh View Post
Hi Hanatsu

Could not follow the 5th step of the work flow in the manual made by you.

.......5. Add your target curve by use of the unitís input EQ. Use the 5th unit field of C5 software to manage that......

Pls elaborate this (step by step if possible).

Thanks

It chooses whatever "mode" you got on the switch to send filters to. If you import a fir file of a fullrange measurement you can use it as "overall EQ". You can import different curves you choose in workshop to use. 0 and 6-15 are available iirc. 1-5 are used by the 10 outputs of the unit. Just import it as you would with any fir filter.

Old 08-24-2018   #171

Rep Power: 88 crackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enoughcrackinhedz will become famous soon enough

Anyone doing a video tutorial? Step by step workflow process, Workshop/TDA/C5

I know I can stumble my way to success, but its always helpful to see someone else go at it.
crackinhedz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2018   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatsu View Post
It chooses whatever "mode" you got on the switch to send filters to. If you import a fir file of a fullrange measurement you can use it as "overall EQ". You can import different curves you choose in workshop to use. 0 and 6-15 are available iirc. 1-5 are used by the 10 outputs of the unit. Just import it as you would with any fir filter.
Do we need to apply target curve (Mp1) in the workshop to the initial/raw measurements for each way/speaker.

And then import the measuments in respective ways of C5.

Old 08-25-2018   #173
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgesh View Post
Do we need to apply target curve (Mp1) in the workshop to the initial/raw measurements for each way/speaker.

And then import the measuments in respective ways of C5.

No. Target curve is set in C5. Iíll try do a better explaination later

Old 09-28-2018   #174
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 aholland1198 will become famous soon enoughaholland1198 will become famous soon enoughaholland1198 will become famous soon enoughaholland1198 will become famous soon enoughaholland1198 will become famous soon enoughaholland1198 will become famous soon enough

Someone want to do me a solid and see if the iPhone will work with the usb input?! Raimonds didnít know.

aholland1198 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2018   #175
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Acoustic Power Lab APL
Position:
chairman

Dear Friends, yes, please, let's test is iPhone working with HD USB input.
It works with W10, MAC OS version 10.6.4 and above,Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel.
But iPhone?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement