Si TM65 mkiii midbass - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2018   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 Mless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Si TM65 mkiii midbass

Makes sense - thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Pre-orders are normally at a discounted price, which are paid ahead of time. Essentially, you’re helping fund the considerable costs associated with buying a run of drivers. You’ll get a nice discount on the drivers but you won’t receive them for up to a few months.
Mless5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2018   #27

Rep Power: 0 Tweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlevel View Post
Wasn’t sure........ just curious about them. Seen the FS was 98hz on the Si site and was hoping someone had tried them out lol.
Will Fs likely change when it's mounted in a door? SI claims that these drivers have "clean bandwidth of 45 Hz to 10,000 Hz (in-vehicle)". How can that be if the FS is 98 Hz?
Tweezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2018   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 187 Bayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud of

Fs isn't necessarily a limitation of extension. Fs is the point of excitation, however, a driver can play below especially depending on the acoustics of the environment. There's a few other calculations to see where the driver will naturally begin to roll-off and the point excursion begins to ramp up. Modeling helps some but the acoustics of the environment still comes into play.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bayboy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 61 bnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enoughbnae38 will become famous soon enough

What about thd concerns at and below fs?

2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan. Pioneer P880prs, Helix Dsp.2, JL 12w6v2 sealed, Arc KS1000.1, Modified Arc KS900.6, FI N.7 midbass, Illusion Audio C3cx. Ipod Classic - apple lossless. Just keep tryin' to get a little better.
bnae38 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2018   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 187 Bayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnae38 View Post
What about thd concerns at and below fs?
On paper and for upper frequency drivers, yes that's a concern. The amount of tolerable distortion in lower frequencies plus the fact that the sub still contributes in that area makes it not much of a concern. The SI isn't the only one with such a seemingly high Fs. Others have done well with such a design. Fs is just part of the the picture.

Old 12-19-2018   #31

Rep Power: 0 Tweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enough

I just did some quick Googling, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Fs goes up with every generation of the TM65.

MKI: 57 Hz
MKII: 69 Hz
MKIII: 98 Hz
Tweezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2018   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 105 seafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweezer View Post
I just did some quick Googling, so correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Fs goes up with every generation of the TM65.

MKI: 57 Hz
MKII: 69 Hz
MKIII: 98 Hz
That is correct....basically the design changes have improved the speakers ability to play cleaner at even higher midrange frequencies thus allowing it to be used as a midrange driver in a 2 way system. If being used as a dedicated mid BASS driver, there ireally s not much reason to swap to the mk3 unless you just GOTTA have the looks of carbon fiber cones.

In fact, I am still trying to decide whether to use dual Mk1 ported in the doors or dual Mk2 sealed in door pods in my next build. I have bought 4 of each, so I get to choose, but there is really no reason forum to even think about the mk3 iteration.

"THE BASS OF THE PEOPLE IS THE GOD OF GOD"
seafish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2018   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Not to compare, but as an example. Here's another popular mid with a higher Fs than stated lower frequency limit.

https://www.audiofrog.com/gs60-premi...e-loudspeaker/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement