Stereo Integrity TM65 mkIII impressions - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2019   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Default Re: Stereo Integrity TM65 mkIII impressions

I was the first to get these mids in and can confirm they are very powerful and sound great. I too am awaiting my set and cant wait.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 dmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enough

Has anyone heard on when these will ship? They stated Jan but now it's almost march and I have not seen mine.

I emailed the sales from the site but no response.

Car: 2017 VW GTI SE, DSP: 3sixty.3, Tweets: Morel Piccolo, Midrange: AF GB25, Midbass: MKIII, Sub: Morel Ultimo 12, Mid/Tweet: Rubicon 204, Midbass:Rubicon 702, Sub: Rubicon 1002[/FONT]
dmazyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2019   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 therock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the rough

I'm in the same boat, waiting for more information.

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
ILX-007 / IA 6.4 / IA 20.1 / N.7 Mids / SSA EVIL TWEETS / Fi Q 15
therock482 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019   #29
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 47 Bnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enough

Mine just shipped. Ordered it July 2nd, 2018. Should arrive 3/5/19 via FedEx to California.

Order #2677
Bnlcmbcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Bnlcmbcar For This Useful Post:
therock482 (03-02-2019)
Old 02-27-2019   #30

Rep Power: 12 TheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnlcmbcar View Post
Mine just shipped. Ordered it July 2nd, 2018. Should arrive 3/5/19 via FedEx to California.

Order #2677
Whoa. July 2? That's 7 months!

I didn't get my order in until 3 weeks ago lol.

I hope I get mine this year!

That shipment that was supposed to come in at the end of Feb must have just landed. I hope so. And I hope he ordered extra!

Cogito ergo sum
TheLex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2019   #31
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 therock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the rough

Im order #2749, ordered on 9/3. Hope I get my TM65's in March!

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
ILX-007 / IA 6.4 / IA 20.1 / N.7 Mids / SSA EVIL TWEETS / Fi Q 15

Last edited by therock482; 03-02-2019 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: typo
therock482 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2019   #32

Rep Power: 12 TheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enough

ANNOUNCEMENT

Nick just posted this on Facebook in response to an inquiry about the TM MKIII and when they will be shipping:

"we have enough for more than everyone who pre-ordered. About 3x extra than were pre-ordered.

We have started shipping them already but the rest of the drivers are coming in two weeks."

Cogito ergo sum
TheLex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLex For This Useful Post:
therock482 (03-03-2019)
Old 03-07-2019   #33

Rep Power: 53 Firefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enough

Any opinions on how these compare to the mk2 in a 3 Way?
Firefighter9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2019   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 dmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enough

I got my pair on Sat. Build looks great too bad my current adapters on my VW GTI did not work so have some on order so have not put any power to them yet.

Once I get them in and running will post my thoughts.

Car: 2017 VW GTI SE, DSP: 3sixty.3, Tweets: Morel Piccolo, Midrange: AF GB25, Midbass: MKIII, Sub: Morel Ultimo 12, Mid/Tweet: Rubicon 204, Midbass:Rubicon 702, Sub: Rubicon 1002[/FONT]
dmazyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to dmazyn For This Useful Post:
Electrodynamic (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019   #35

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 175 Electrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter9 View Post
Any opinions on how these compare to the mk2 in a 3 Way?
The awesome midbass performance is still there with the new mkIII version as was the previous mkII version but the frequency range between 1,000 and 10,000 is massively improved with the mkIII. The new mkIII version is extremely clean all the way from 45 Hz up to over 9,000 Hz in-car. The previous version had cone breakup at/around 2,000/2,500 Hz. And the new carbon fiber mkIII is a solid 2 to 3 dB more efficient than the previous version so it is louder of the box all the way up through its total output capabilities.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Electrodynamic For This Useful Post:
beak81champ (03-12-2019), LaserSVT (03-15-2019)
Old 03-12-2019   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 113 seafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
The awesome midbass performance is still there with the new mkIII version as was the previous mkII version but the frequency range between 1,000 and 10,000 is massively improved with the mkIII. The new mkIII version is extremely clean all the way from 45 Hz up to over 9,000 Hz in-car. The previous version had cone breakup at/around 2,000/2,500 Hz. And the new carbon fiber mkIII is a solid 2 to 3 dB more efficient than the previous version so it is louder of the box all the way up through its total output capabilities.
Nick, do you have a sealed enclosure recommendation for the mk3 ??

Also could you please explain how it plays clean so low even though it has an Fs of 98hz ??

THANKS!!!

"THE BASS OF THE PEOPLE IS THE GOD OF GOD"
seafish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019   #37

Rep Power: 85 1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough1FinalInstall will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafish View Post

Also could you please explain how it plays clean so low even though it has an Fs of 98hz ??

THANKS!!!

This doesn't answer your question, but I figured someone may want the info.

I ran the mkII's in dads truck in .40 cuft3 ported 2 x 11.5" and they were spectacular. At one point, we had them playing 45hz/300hz and they were playing every note. They were run off of a Audison Duo 260x2. I'm so excited to get the III's installed and playing. I'm going .50 cuft3 ported on 150w each, Zapco power this time.

PREVIOUS BUILD: Little project for dad, 84 C10 Widebody
1FinalInstall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 175 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

Has anyone had or know of a comparison between the SI and Audio Frog? I am looking at a 2 way and these are the two drivers I have had my eye on. Over the weekend I listened to both the AF GB and GS line. The GBs were in a demo truck and were flat out incredible. The GS were on the sound board and very good and I was able to a/b them against a few other drivers the shop had. Of course not in a car, but sounded good. Im not sure I can swallow the GB price but would like to hear how the SI MK3 would compare to either the GB or the GS? I ask simply because I would not have a chance to listen to the SI if I go that route.

In either case, they would end up active. If the 45 to 9000 in car is true for the MK3, that helps with tweeter selection. I am not as worried about finding a tweeter that I would have to xover lower. I already have some nice ring radiators from old builds that I could use especially since I wouldnt be worried about xover below 3k.
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2019   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
L&D Automotive
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 155 LaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enoughLaserSVT will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to LaserSVT

Quote:
You aint kidding brother! I am about to update my review with more details but now that I have my own and they are broken in...... holy hell are they amazing! The mid-range is so clear and clean with tons of mid-bass kick.
Running all SI components/subs and it has to be the most playful system I have built.

Denali:Alpine X009GM, SI TM65MKIII, SI M25, SI BM MKV, Helix G One & G Four amps.
LaserSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaserSVT For This Useful Post:
bertholomey (03-16-2019), Mashburn (03-15-2019)
Old 03-27-2019   #40

Rep Power: 0 Tweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLex View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT

Nick just posted this on Facebook in response to an inquiry about the TM MKIII and when they will be shipping:

"we have enough for more than everyone who pre-ordered. About 3x extra than were pre-ordered.

We have started shipping them already but the rest of the drivers are coming in two weeks."
What exactly does this mean? If they had enough for everyone who pre-ordered 3 weeks ago, doesn't this mean that everyone who pre-ordered should have their stuff by now?
Tweezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019   #41

Rep Power: 19 Mashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enough

I assume that means they have enough built for pre orders, but they are in multiple shipments. I have no evidence to this though.

I have my complete SI system waiting to be installed! M25ís, M3ís, TM65Mkiiiís and 2 BM MkVís. I canít wait to get them in and playing!! I had TM65ís when they first came out, can not wait to hear the improvements from those to the Gen 3ís.

The build quality is excellent with these drivers. Very solid, nice sturdy push terminals. All in all a home run. I will be leaving a review in this thread as well in my build log as soon as they get installed by Mark and I have some seat time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mashburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 63 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Quote:

THANKS!!!
This is keeping me on the sidelines. It sort of defies conventional wisdom. I'm waiting to hear some moar reviews and maybe even in-door measurements before ordering up a pair.

Not that I'm in any hurry - I've had a pair of MkIIs sitting here for close to 2 years that have never been installed
rob feature is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rob feature For This Useful Post:
bnae38 (03-27-2019)
Old 04-08-2019   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 146 alachua will become famous soon enoughalachua will become famous soon enoughalachua will become famous soon enoughalachua will become famous soon enoughalachua will become famous soon enoughalachua will become famous soon enoughalachua will become famous soon enoughalachua will become famous soon enough

Quote:

THANKS!!!
Just a lil' bump cause I'd be really interested in the answer to this question.
alachua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to alachua For This Useful Post:
seafish (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019   #44

Rep Power: 0 Tweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enoughTweezer will become famous soon enough

There's some info on Fs in this thread starting with post #3 that you may want to check out:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...i-midbass.html
Tweezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2019   #45

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 175 Electrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
could you please explain how it plays clean so low even though it has an Fs of 98hz ??

THANKS!!!

Sorry guys, been a bit busy building 24's,18's and RM's. Super busy but I knew this thread was active and that Seafish asked the question of the higher Fs so here is the answer:

The previous mkII version had an Fs in the 75 Hz region and they would play down into the high 30 Hz region in-vehicle. They had a lot of bass, let alone midbass. Many people who have had midbass drivers capable of playing well below where a midbass driver normally plays and they use that ability by high-passing them very low (below 50 Hz, even 30 Hz) know that the 6.5's will tear apart your doors.

Since 99.99% of our customers use subwoofers we decided to stiffen up the suspension on the mkIII's to limit its lower bandwidth to the 50 Hz region on up when used in a vehicle. And in stiffening the suspension the new mkIII driver is even more mechanically durable when additional power is applied. Free air resonance changed by 20 Hz from 75 Hz to 95 Hz and the in-vehicle response shows exactly what we were after - the mkIII's play very well from 55/60 Hz on up to 10,000 Hz. Substantial overall bandwidth improvement over the mkII and there's also above a 3+ dB increase in sensitivity over the mkIII with it landing a solid 91 dB at 2.83 V.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Electrodynamic For This Useful Post:
Bnlcmbcar (04-11-2019), gregerst22 (04-11-2019), seafish (04-11-2019), therock482 (05-06-2019)
Old 04-11-2019   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 gregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enoughgregerst22 will become famous soon enough

I want to try them. Any word on availability?

gregerst22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2019   #47

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerst22 View Post
I want to try them. Any word on availability?
Yes. They are in stock and ready to ship.
Old 05-12-2019   #48

Rep Power: 61 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

I am pairing my mkiii's to the m25 tweeter in a 2 way active system. Obviously in car response is going to matter for tuning, but what would be a good starting crossover point for this setup? I was running the mk1's and had to cross them lower, but now these can play up way higher than the mk1's.

Also, for those wondering and me maybe in the future, if you throw the m3 in here, where would you/did you cross them over at?

2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, SI TM65 mk3, & JL TW3. Rears: SB17's. Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV, Soon: PDX-F6 and SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart pods
jdunk54nl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 Bruneti will become famous soon enoughBruneti will become famous soon enoughBruneti will become famous soon enoughBruneti will become famous soon enoughBruneti will become famous soon enoughBruneti will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes. They are in stock and ready to ship.

Have all Pre-orders been shipped? I have not received a shipping notice on mine. I sent an email to [email protected] with my invoice info a few days ago to inquire, with no response yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruneti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #50

Rep Power: 34 disconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enough

Previously, I ran my MKII on 100watts rms down to 45hz with a 36db/octave slope. I didn't need a subwoofer. The doors has CLV, CCF, MLV, fast rings, and fiberglass.

Corvette: Alpine ILX-207, Helix DSP.2, Mosconi AS 100.4, Audiofrog GB10, Stereo Integrity TM65mkii, SDS CLD Tiles, CCF, MLV, no subs.
disconnected is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement