Stereo Integrity TM65 mkIII impressions - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2018   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 168 therock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the rough

Default Stereo Integrity TM65 mkIII impressions

Looking back earlier this year in May I found myself frustrated with the front stage in my truck. I had just completed a new box build for my Q 15 substage and had it dialed for my listening taste, however my front stage was not keeping up in clarity or output. I expect a lot out of my audio gear and want the best blend in output and clarity with the ability to hear the dynamics of music including all the small nuances.

Back in early July I saw an instagram post from Nick at Stereo Integrity looking for reviewers of the soon to be released TM65 mkIII mid/midbass and decided to send in an email. About a month later I got a call one evening from Nick saying he received my email and asked if I wanted to test out the new TM65’s, without hesitation, I said absolutley! I was very excited for the opportunity and wondered if this would be the front stage solution I was looking for.

The front stage I have been running this year includes Fi N.7 mid/midbass mounted in the doors of my Escalade EXT, SSA Evil silk dome tweeters molded into my A-pillars running active off a Incriminator Audio 6.4 while being controlled by an MS-8. This front stage has solid midbass and good overall output but struggled with clarity and resonance in the male vocal range. I attribute this resonance at a minimum to the lack of stitched tinsel leads in the N.7s.

When Fedex dropped of the Stereo Integrity TM65 mkIII’s I went to work right away installing them, I couldn’t wait to have a first listen…

I ran a 24db filter at 80hz for my high pass and 24db filter at 2500 for low pass, my tweeter was also at a 24 db filter at 2500 high pass. I put my graphic EQ to flat and let them rip!

My listening choices included a variety of genres to span different dynamics, songs included:

- Dire Straits: Money For Nothing
- Thomas Rhett: Anthem
- Santana: Smooth
- AC/DC: Thunderstruck
- Michael Jackson: Wanna Be Starting Something’
- Snoop Dogg: Murder Was the Case
- The Rolling Stones: Brown Sugar
- Twenty One Pilots: Ride
- Mat Kearney: Money

Wow, talk about a speaker that does it all! Clarity, midbass, output and awesomeness playing out of these beauties. These are definitely the solution to my front stage blues, they covered all of the dynamics of music I listen too with ease while providing the output to level match my powerful substage. My front stage frustration has been eliminated! Thank you Stereo Integrity! I will 100% be placing my pre-order for these!

Now the hardest part is I have to send them on to others to test, can’t wait until the new TM65 mkIII’s are released. Thank you Nick for the chance to review them.

I'm happy to share more details if anyone wants to PM me.

Jake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3598.jpg (1.20 MB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3606.jpg (728.2 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3605.jpg (652.9 KB, 119 views)

2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT
ILX-007 / IA 6.4 / IA 20.1 / N.7 Mids / SSA EVIL TWEETS / Fi Q 15

Last edited by therock482; 09-03-2018 at 12:24 PM..
therock482 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to therock482 For This Useful Post:
Electrodynamic (09-04-2018), openglcg (09-04-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2018   #2

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 176 Electrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Stereo Integrity TM65 mkIII impressions

Thanks for the quick review Jake. I'm glad you liked the drivers. You definitely liked them because you placed your pre-order a few seconds before posting this review.

Relentlessly perusing perfection between 5 Hz and 30,000 Hz.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2018   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 168 therock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the roughtherock482 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
Thanks for the quick review Jake. I'm glad you liked the drivers. You definitely liked them because you placed your pre-order a few seconds before posting this review.

Yes indeed, looking forward to it!

Old 09-30-2018   #4

Rep Power: 20 Mashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enough

I have them pre ordered as well, going to pair them with the m25’s and AP NZ3 ALBe’s. Pre ordered just because of how much I loved the Gen 1’s.

How did you think these handled the track “money”? I play that song frequently at the moment.
Mashburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2018   #5

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 98 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

Looks like it still has the silly surround style of the mk1. Mine fell apart after a year. "You gotta use nylon washers", whatever.
Jscoyne2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Jscoyne2 For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (07-29-2019)
Old 10-01-2018   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 163 foreman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enough

Actually, no. It has a totally different surround that the MKI, its like the MKII.

Deck-DEX-P99Rs, Amp-Arc xdi v2 1200.6
Dash-Xtant XIS 2.4
Doors-Scan Rev's, sub SI Mag 4....
foreman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2018   #7

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 98 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

Im talking about the surround being attached to the metal part where you put screws. So it can twist the surround off.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2018   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 139 JVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
Looks like it still has the silly surround style of the mk1. Mine fell apart after a year. "You gotta use nylon washers", whatever.
So did you use nylon washers?
JVD240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2018   #9

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD240 View Post
So did you use nylon washers?
Nope but that wasn't the only Qc issue i had

Old 10-01-2018   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 114 seafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashburn View Post
... ordered just because of how much I loved the Gen 1’s.

How did you think these handled the track “money”? I play that song frequently at the moment.
Are your MkI still playing ??

"THE BASS OF THE PEOPLE IS THE GOD OF GOD"
seafish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2018   #11

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,297 Posts
Rep Power: 463 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
Im talking about the surround being attached to the metal part where you put screws. So it can twist the surround off.

plot twist.. a friend of mines mk1's and his bm subs still fell apart with the nylon washers being used

Apicella Auto Sound | ResoNix Sound Solutions
New York Metro Area
Everyone moved over to Car Audio Junkies. See you there
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2018   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 98 RRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished road

My Mk1's have been moved to a second vehicle, and are still playing quite well. The same for my Mkiv Sub.
Lets not Blame the manufacturer for making an inferior product, when its Possible it was a user related issue. Just Sayin'

DEX P99rs / Zapco / Stereo Integrity / MECA Street 3rd place 2016 World Finals
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2018   #13

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,297 Posts
Rep Power: 463 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizz View Post
My Mk1's have been moved to a second vehicle, and are still playing quite well. The same for my Mkiv Sub.
Lets not Blame the manufacturer for making an inferior product, when its Possible it was a user related issue. Just Sayin'
idk, an installer of 15 years (my friend) using the supplied hardware still had an issue on 4 out of 4 of his si drivers.. all with the same issue, and a single one with another issue. Maybe reliability and customer service got better from those days, but i dont plan on finding out. i'll just leave it at that.

Apicella Auto Sound | ResoNix Sound Solutions
New York Metro Area
Everyone moved over to Car Audio Junkies. See you there
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
YellowC4S (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 10-01-2018   #14

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
idk, an installer of 15 years (my friend) using the supplied hardware still had an issue on 4 out of 4 of his si drivers.. all with the same issue, and a single one with another issue. Maybe reliability and customer service got better from those days, but i dont plan on finding out. i'll just leave it at that.
+1

Old 10-01-2018   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 104 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

You guys are talking about old stuff and this is a new stuff thread. The other issues are well documented on this forum. I respect both of your opinions but I was disappointed to see another si bashing post not related to the thread topic when I was trying to read a review about the item in thread title.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2018   #16

Rep Power: 20 Mashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enoughMashburn will become famous soon enough

Let’s get this thread back on topic instead of crying about three years ago. The rock; did you have any experience with the Gen 1’s or 2’s as a dedicated midbass, or is this your first experience with SI?

Also, has there been an updated ETA that I have missed on here other than the October/November timeframe listed on the website?

Last edited by Mashburn; 10-02-2018 at 11:29 AM..
Old 10-16-2018   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 0 msueagle350z will become famous soon enoughmsueagle350z will become famous soon enoughmsueagle350z will become famous soon enoughmsueagle350z will become famous soon enoughmsueagle350z will become famous soon enoughmsueagle350z will become famous soon enough

How do you like these with the evil tweeter? I read your thread (may have been a post) from a while back that you also had the evil 6.5 midbass. Any thoughts on how the two compare?

I am basically starting from scratch on my front stage again and am looking at all 3 of the "for the people" brands in SI, SSA, and Stevens Audio. While I'm sure there's no bad choice to be made I'm trying to get a better feel on what flavor each brand brings to the table.
msueagle350z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2018   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashburn View Post
Let’s get this thread back on topic instead of crying about three years ago. The rock; did you have any experience with the Gen 1’s or 2’s as a dedicated midbass, or is this your first experience with SI?

Also, has there been an updated ETA that I have missed on here other than the October/November timeframe listed on the website?
Sorry for the slow reply, this is my first experience with the SI product.

Old 10-18-2018   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by msueagle350z View Post
How do you like these with the evil tweeter? I read your thread (may have been a post) from a while back that you also had the evil 6.5 midbass. Any thoughts on how the two compare?

I am basically starting from scratch on my front stage again and am looking at all 3 of the "for the people" brands in SI, SSA, and Stevens Audio. While I'm sure there's no bad choice to be made I'm trying to get a better feel on what flavor each brand brings to the table.
I loved the Evil tweeter and still use them today. However, I had a hard time getting good mid bass out of the evil 6.5s, they have great clarity though. I put the evil 6.5s in after pulling the SIs after testing, again I was reminded that they can't handle the power to produce the same amount of midbass I experienced from the SI product.

The Following User Says Thank You to therock482 For This Useful Post:
Electrodynamic (11-13-2018)
Old 01-02-2019   #20

Has anybody heard an update on the shipment of these? Starting to get really excited!
Old 01-05-2019   #21

Rep Power: 24 Pb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enough

Subbin...in for some solid feedback.

Yes, I have cars. They have aftermarket audio.
My build: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-corvette.html
Pb82 Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 197 Mless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enoughMless5 will become famous soon enough

When is the pre-order closing?
Mless5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 bigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the quick write-up. I'm planning on ordering some of these myself for a new project (been out of the car audio world for years).
bigabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2019   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

I have sent a quick email and made a few comments on instagram inquiring into the shipping dates of the speakers but have not yet heard back. Hopefully Nick can post an update soon, Im sure he will when he gets a chance. Cant wait to get these back in my car.

Old 02-06-2019   #25

Rep Power: 13 TheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enoughTheLex will become famous soon enough

I just ordered a set last night. I was going to use Morel 692's but the SI's appear to be a significant upgrade.

I'm also waiting for the next shipment of BM MK V subwoofers. Nick stated it would be "soon".

Cogito ergo sum
TheLex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement