CLD Testing - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2019   #26
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 359 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: CLD Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
Yeah, but chris isnt a total pussy so..

Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2019   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 147 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin View Post
Holy crap dude. BTW, you know you can file charges against people for things like that right?
Yeah, I know. If I thought for a second any of them posed any danger, I definitely would have. But yeah, I knew it would happen before I even started. I was warned by multiple people that I was opening a hornets nest.

I seem to do that a lot lol. rton20s knows what I'm talking about.

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2019   #28

Rep Power: 22 Pb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah, but chris isnt a total pussy so..

Lol

Nothing to do with anyone being accused of being a "pussy"...

I worked in Law Enforcement for over 15 years...and I can safely say that if someone or some business threatened me or my family just for doing the right thing (or in his case, a HUGE community service), you best believe I'd have authority figures (in various capacities) showing them the error of their ways. And if they didn't stand down...well let's just say, tradecraft is a misunderstood artform.

Yes, I have cars. They have aftermarket audio.
Pb82 Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019   #29
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,226 Posts
Rep Power: 455 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Let's make this forum worth a damn again..

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
PickleSlice (04-23-2019), rton20s (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019   #30
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 359 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
Yeah, I know. If I thought for a second any of them posed any danger, I definitely would have. But yeah, I knew it would happen before I even started. I was warned by multiple people that I was opening a hornets nest.

I seem to do that a lot lol. rton20s knows what I'm talking about.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
Old 03-08-2019   #31

Rep Power: 0 YeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enough

It is cute to see new guys jump in the market and fizzle out within a year or so. Almost as funny as watching the people jump on their bandwagon to get free stuff. Stick with the brands that have stood the test of time and you won't be disappointed. Have fun with your testing, look forward to seeing the results.
YeahWhatever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2019   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 147 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Unfortunately, the best performing brand just shut its doors. That leaves Dynamat Xtreme as the current leader, but it doesn't come close to the performance that SDS CLD Tile had.

The Following User Says Thank You to TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL For This Useful Post:
rton20s (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019   #33

Rep Power: 0 YeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enoughYeahWhatever will become famous soon enough

I would disagree, the customer service from SDS was horrible when I tried multiple times. No one wants to wait 2 weeks for an email reply and even longer for the product to show up. But I am sure he is a good guy.
YeahWhatever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2019   #34

Rep Power: 22 Pb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahWhatever View Post
I would disagree, the customer service from SDS was horrible when I tried multiple times. No one wants to wait 2 weeks for an email reply and even longer for the product to show up. But I am sure he is a good guy.
I would have to disagree with you on this. I ordered my tiles and they showed about 5 days later and when installed, they easily put Dynamat to shame. How do I know? I've used Dynamat for YEARS in several of my vehicles and was a brand loyalist...but ONE use of CLD tiles applied correctly was absolutely noticeable and clearly better than Dynamat. Just my opinion as an enthusiast though.

Old 03-08-2019   #35
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 101 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

Can we not turn this in to a how awesome Don was/wasn't conversation. 95% of us have the same opinion. There's a recent SDS thread that stuff can go in.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2019   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahWhatever View Post
It should be noted that I am talking about product performance, not customer service. There are big names I won't buy from because of the way the owners behave, but that doesn't affect the actual product performance.

Check the old testing thread, and you'll see that SDS outperformed Dynamat by a good amount.

But, as Theslaking said, this is about testing current products. All current products will be tested, and a batch of SDS will be tested as it was the last testing cycles undisputed winner.

rton20s (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Grumpy Old Bear

Rep Power: 138 NoTraction will become famous soon enoughNoTraction will become famous soon enoughNoTraction will become famous soon enoughNoTraction will become famous soon enoughNoTraction will become famous soon enoughNoTraction will become famous soon enough

Good to see a new round of testing. Kudos to Chris

Too bad about SDS, wish I had known so I could have picked up more before the end.

2016 Tuscon
Stock HU - Hertz MLK
1989 IROC
Under restoration
NoTraction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2019   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

For those that don't follow on facebook, this project is about 50% funded. I have brought home the wood and casters, and ordered the audio recording mic last night using Parts-Expresses $15 off coupon. I will shortly be ordering the measurement mic, speakers, green glue, and a few other assorted items needed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL For This Useful Post:
Horuspeed (03-09-2019), Neur0tic (07-05-2019), rton20s (03-11-2019), SkizeR (03-09-2019), Turb0Yoda (03-10-2019), zapps (03-09-2019)
Old 03-10-2019   #39

Rep Power: 0 Turb0Yoda will become famous soon enoughTurb0Yoda will become famous soon enoughTurb0Yoda will become famous soon enoughTurb0Yoda will become famous soon enoughTurb0Yoda will become famous soon enoughTurb0Yoda will become famous soon enough

Can't wait to see the new demos.
Turb0Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019   #40
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,226 Posts
Rep Power: 455 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Bump. come on guys. 50, 20, hell, even 10 bucks will go a long way in helping get a really helpful test done and making this place worth a damn again.

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019   #41
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Bump. come on guys. 50, 20, hell, even 10 bucks will go a long way in helping get a really helpful test done and making this place worth a damn again.
^^^THIS^^^

To be quite frank, between DIYMA and all of the FB groups (I understand the overlap), it is kind of embarrassing that we didn't hit the goal in a matter of days.

The Following User Says Thank You to rton20s For This Useful Post:
SkizeR (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019   #42
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 33 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

Over half way there, I threw in as an Anon

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: Scanspeak D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters, Scanspeak 12mu mids, Scanspeak 18wu midbasses, Scanspeak 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer, Scanspeak 10F / D3004/6020's (rear doors), Scanspeak 10F (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2 DL, Arc Audio KS 300.2 v2, Arc Audio SKS300.6 Prototype, Arc Audio KS300.4 v2
GreatLaBroski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreatLaBroski For This Useful Post:
rton20s (03-12-2019), TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL (03-13-2019)
Old 03-12-2019   #43

I would be happy to donate, but I don't do facebook. Any chance someone could post a link to where/how we can donate? Or is that against forum rules?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pb82 Ronin For This Useful Post:
rton20s (03-13-2019), SkizeR (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019   #44
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 33 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin View Post
I would be happy to donate, but I don't do facebook. Any chance someone could post a link to where/how we can donate? Or is that against forum rules?
I didn’t do Facebook log in, it allows you to donate directly from the site without Facebook or Google accounts being linked.

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: Scanspeak D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters, Scanspeak 12mu mids, Scanspeak 18wu midbasses, Scanspeak 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer, Scanspeak 10F / D3004/6020's (rear doors), Scanspeak 10F (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2 DL, Arc Audio KS 300.2 v2, Arc Audio SKS300.6 Prototype, Arc Audio KS300.4 v2
GreatLaBroski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreatLaBroski For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019   #45
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 101 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

I pm'd Chris and we made it happen another way.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theslaking For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2019   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

There is a link to the GoFundMe at the end of the first post. Getting ready to order some more items on the list. Hopefully cutting wood this weekend.

Old 03-12-2019   #47
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 43 D34dl1fter will become famous soon enoughD34dl1fter will become famous soon enoughD34dl1fter will become famous soon enoughD34dl1fter will become famous soon enoughD34dl1fter will become famous soon enoughD34dl1fter will become famous soon enough

Donated
D34dl1fter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D34dl1fter For This Useful Post:
rton20s (03-13-2019), SkizeR (03-12-2019), TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019   #48

Rep Power: 0 genera_lee will become famous soon enoughgenera_lee will become famous soon enoughgenera_lee will become famous soon enoughgenera_lee will become famous soon enoughgenera_lee will become famous soon enoughgenera_lee will become famous soon enough

any chance you'll be testing MESAMat this time around? or did i miss the results of it on the last CLD shootout?

the shop i go to in my area is a distributor for Mesa. bummer about SDS. i was looking forward to using their stuff on my upcoming build
genera_lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2019   #49
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I will be testing everything I possibly can. The only catch is, it will take much longer to test products this time around. Possibly a week per product. Reasons being....

1 - Testing at seven different temps. It will take time to bring products to each temp.

2 - Testing at different levels. This doesn't add much time, but will give a clearer picture of performance.

3 - Multiple tests for each product to check for consistency. Etc.

That said, last time I tested 28 products over about a years time before the rig failed. This time, the rig will have to funds to build it so it doesn't fail, so in a years time I could test 52 products.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL For This Useful Post:
Jaegearman (05-30-2019), rton20s (03-13-2019)
Old 03-19-2019   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

As an update. I have the wood, casters, recording mic (bought with a $15 discount code) measurement mic, speakers (bought with another $15 discount code), and a friend sent me a pc so all I need for that is a screen. I'll be getting the sand tomorrow, and ordering green glue this week. I'm hoping to cut this weekend, but rain is forecast, so we'll see.
rton20s (03-21-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement