CLD Testing - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 148 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Default CLD Testing

With the closure of SDS, along with some other companies on top of the creation of new companies like Resonix, its time to put these products through the gauntlet again.

I have plenty of time, but no funds to do this on my own, so I am fundraising to get this going. This test rig will be more accurate, have better resolution, lower noise floor, audio recordings, and testing at multiple temps. It is also unfortunately more expensive. This will be a permanent addition to my garage, enabling testing for the foreseeable future.

There will be a dedicated youtube channel where all tests will be posted for transparency. There will also be a dedicated webpage with a running database.

All purchases made with these funds will be documented, and reciepts will be posted for all to see that the funds are being spent appropriately.

As of this point, I'm a little over 32% funded. I will begin gathering materials at the end of this week to start building the test rig, and post updates here as I go.

https://www.gofundme.com/raising-fun..._co_campmgmt_w

98 Dodge Neon Meca Extreme Class Build
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-timer-sq.html
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (03-07-2019), Chris12 (03-05-2019), chucko58 (03-18-2019), Dan750iL (03-05-2019), firebirdude (03-05-2019), GreatLaBroski (03-08-2019), Horuspeed (03-08-2019), hybridspl (04-11-2019), Justin Zazzi (03-05-2019), rob feature (03-04-2019), rton20s (03-04-2019), seafish (03-04-2019), SkizeR (03-04-2019), truckguy (03-04-2019), Truthunter (03-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2019   #2

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,282 Posts
Rep Power: 0 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: CLD Testing

Lets GOOOOOOOOO!!

As you saw, i donated what i can already. i would put up more but running 1 new business and starting another arent exactly good in the personal wallet department lol
SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Wave Shepherd

Rep Power: 280 Justin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond reputeJustin Zazzi has a reputation beyond repute

This looks awesome.
I have some materials on your wishlist that I can donate.
I'll send you the details.

Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
-My 2002 VW Golf stealth SQ build (an engineering student's perspective)
-Jazzi's tuning companion for Room EQ Wizard (help you tune a dsp)
Master's Degree in Acoustics at Penn State (20% complete)
Justin Zazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Zazzi For This Useful Post:
SkizeR (03-05-2019), TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL (03-05-2019)

Old 03-04-2019   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 361 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Let's do this people! Donate if you can. Chris' contributions have already proven invaluable to our community. Especially for DIYers.

Thanks to all of you that have and will donate. This is going to be awesome.

Kenwood DDX9905S | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rton20s For This Useful Post:
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL (03-05-2019)
Old 03-04-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 63 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Bitchin! Thanks for doing this stuff Chris!
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rob feature For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019   #6

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 0 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

I love how we have a thread about tipping pizza delivery drivers getting 25 replies an hour, then this has chirping crickets.. what happened to this place?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
Bayboy (05-13-2019), YeahWhatever (03-08-2019)
Old 03-04-2019   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 103 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

I would donate but I don't do credit cards. I'll do a PayPal gift. PM me. I really appreciate your efforts. I've referenced them many times.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theslaking For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019   #8

Rep Power: 80 truckguy will become famous soon enoughtruckguy will become famous soon enoughtruckguy will become famous soon enoughtruckguy will become famous soon enoughtruckguy will become famous soon enoughtruckguy will become famous soon enough

Iím in for this and will donate a little later tonight. Can you test Ampere Audio Vibraflex? Thx
truckguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truckguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

New CAJ Member!

Rep Power: 52 Dan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enough

I'm in. Looking forward to seeing results.
Dan750iL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan750iL For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 59 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Good on ya and best of luck with it.
(I did not leave a tip though)
Holmz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Holmz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 148 TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to allTOOSTUBBORN2FAIL is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckguy View Post
Iím in for this and will donate a little later tonight. Can you test Ampere Audio Vibraflex? Thx
That is one of the products that definitely has to be included this time.

Old 03-05-2019   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 361 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL View Post
That is one of the products that definitely has to be included this time.

Kenwood DDX9905S | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2019   #13

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 97 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps email the cld companies and see if they'll donate.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2019   #14

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
Perhaps email the cld companies and see if they'll donate.

aint no one gunna fund the revealing of the truth about their products
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
rton20s (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019   #15

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 97 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
Maybe maybe not. Worth trying.

Old 03-06-2019   #16
Upgrade Your Membership!

New CAJ Member!

Rep Power: 52 Dan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enoughDan750iL will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
No one?

The ones with confidence in their product will.
Dan750iL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan750iL For This Useful Post:
YeahWhatever (03-08-2019)
Old 03-06-2019   #17

Enthusiast

If someone will write the email. Ill send them out.

Old 03-06-2019   #18

Rep Power: 88 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

I'm with TheLasking that I won't put my name on a list to be contacted for other things. I made the mistake of giving directly to our local fire department once and that was a disaster as thereafter I'd get calls every couple months wanting donations for this or that. Finally got them to stop calling and now all of my donations are anonymous.

TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL - please PM me with your Paypal and I'll give directly if that is an option.

Thanks for offering to do more testing and share the results.
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2019   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
If someone will write the email. Ill send them out.

I prefer not to involve any companies. I will definitely not be reaching out to any. If any reach out to me, I will move forward on a case by case basis, and only with written terms that allow all products tested that are currently for sale, to be fully published, no matter how well or poorly they perform.

The last round of testing, I had several issues due to taking donations from companies. An employee from GTMat was fired after she convinced their owner to send me some products and it tested poorly. The owner of Raamat ranted against me several times on the forum. The new owner of Second Skin, the guy Ant sold the company to, was fully on board with my testing and testing method and sent me a large box of their products. Then, later on, when I called out the false advertising and impossible physics of Second Skin Speaker Tweakers, he went on a large, personal attack on me, my family, and my testing on this very forum. Moderators did nothing about it. Which is why I haven't been on this forum since 2016.

On top of that, there might always be the accusation of bias, no matter how unwarranted. That's a huge part of the reason I've turned down the two jobs I was offered in that industry (jobs that could really help me right now as I'm currently only partially employed and trying to get my own non-audio related business going).

Part of the testing procedure this time will include full video of all testing, from start to finish, to show that all products are given an equal chance. Thanks to the youtube channel my wife and I run, we have the equipment to do this properly now.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL For This Useful Post:
Aldaa (03-06-2019), bbfoto (03-07-2019), Neur0tic (07-05-2019), rton20s (03-06-2019), SkizeR (03-06-2019), St7_77 (05-21-2019), truckguy (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019   #20

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:

The last round of testing, I had several issues due to taking donations from companies. An employee from GTMat was fired after she convinced their owner to send me some products and it tested poorly.
are you fucking kidding me... thats pathetic
Old 03-06-2019   #21

Rep Power: 23 Pb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enough

In there like swim wear. I have some spare stuff I can send. Will this be just Dynamat like products, or are we including MLVs and OCF/CCFs?

Yes, I have cars. They have aftermarket audio.
My build: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-corvette.html
Pb82 Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2019   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 63 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

On top of the reasons TS2F gave for not wanting to accept things from companies, if they know they're sending a product for testing, they're going to make damn sure that it gets an extra helping of QC if nothing else. And who knows - they might even have some superior product lying around that was used in early prototypes or sommat that could be sent as a misrepresentation of the actual product being sold. I wouldn't even take anything from forum members or anyone else trying to help out. IMHO, to help eliminate variables, nefarious or not, all product to be tested should be purchased from authorized retailers by the party performing the test.

Chris, I sure do hate to hear that you were treated like that. I wish I could say it's a surprise. Even more reason to applaud you for doing this.
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rob feature For This Useful Post:
bbfoto (03-07-2019)
Old 03-06-2019   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
On top of the reasons TS2F gave for not wanting to accept things from companies, if they know they're sending a product for testing, they're going to make damn sure that it gets an extra helping of QC if nothing else. And who knows - they might even have some superior product lying around that was used in early prototypes or sommat that could be sent as a misrepresentation of the actual product being sold. I wouldn't even take anything from forum members or anyone else trying to help out. IMHO, to help eliminate variables, nefarious or not, all product to be tested should be purchased from authorized retailers by the party performing the test.

Chris, I sure do hate to hear that you were treated like that. I wish I could say it's a surprise. Even more reason to applaud you for doing this.
This is exactly where I'm headed, as far as purchasing products for the testing. Its not meant as an offense to any potential product donors, or donors from my last round of testing, but, last time some products were donated that were damaged upon arrival and therefore didn't get tested. I don't think it was intentional, just one of those things that can happen, especially when being sent leftovers from a project.

Again, that's not to call out anyone who helped with the last run of testing, I truly appreciated everyone who helped. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys.

As for my treatment, I can say the worst that ever happened was with Second Skin's owner here, (although at a much later time I had a very pleasant conversation with another of their employees), and an email telling me I should kill myself.

At least I didn't get death threats like Don from SDS did when he had his old testing page up.

Old 03-06-2019   #24

Rep Power: 23 Pb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
This is exactly where I'm headed, as far as purchasing products for the testing. Its not meant as an offense to any potential product donors, or donors from my last round of testing, but, last time some products were donated that were damaged upon arrival and therefore didn't get tested. I don't think it was intentional, just one of those things that can happen, especially when being sent leftovers from a project.

Again, that's not to call out anyone who helped with the last run of testing, I truly appreciated everyone who helped. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys.

As for my treatment, I can say the worst that ever happened was with Second Skin's owner here, (although at a much later time I had a very pleasant conversation with another of their employees), and an email telling me I should kill myself.

At least I didn't get death threats like Don from SDS did when he had his old testing page up.
Holy crap dude. BTW, you know you can file charges against people for things like that right?

Yes, I have cars. They have aftermarket audio.
My build: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-corvette.html
Pb82 Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2019   #25

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin View Post
Holy crap dude. BTW, you know you can file charges against people for things like that right?
Yeah, but chris isnt a total pussy so..

Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement