BRUCE JOHNROE WrenchGuy - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 mmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enough

Well well well, hate to do this, but people ought to be aware of this guy and the fact that he does not need to be doing any work for anyone. So as we have it this guy was paid over $6800 for work on my Lexus ISF that he had in possession since the beginning of March. Work was finally complete by the very end of June which was the third time he postponed the build. His inability to pay his phone bill, led to me not being able to touch base with him other than FB messenger and or email and was inconvenient to say the least. His work was absolutely terrible, he lost my spare car key which he thinks was in his car that was repoed, never got that back, and the overall build and tune were absolutely horrible. This is in no way to defame him, merely saying that I do not want anyone to go through what he made me go through with his fits of rage, lies and postponements. People only go to reputable places for installs. This guy was the 4th place that fucked up my car costing me thousands and thousands of dollars, time and headaches over the course of over 2 years. More pics to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190818-191934_Gallery_1566177598500.jpg (250.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpeg 4053_1566178046491.jpeg (138.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2994 2 (1)_1566178090658.jpeg (309.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2988_1566178109645.jpeg (361.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2986 (1)_1566178125807.jpeg (430.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2991 2 (1)_1566178159437.jpeg (323.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpeg 4032_1566178178831.jpeg (104.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2971 (1)_1566178215816.jpeg (433.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2974 (1)_1566178229114.jpeg (329.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2978 (1)_1566178255853.jpeg (408.6 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by mmartin0617; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Spelling
mmartin0617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2

Rep Power: 0 mmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enoughmmartin0617 will become famous soon enough

Sorry for the couple of spelling errors. I am not sure how to fix them. More pictures of his work. I will refrain from posting communications between us. Things got heated on my end and I will admit that. Who wouldn't be? Anyhow based on the work....you all can determine for yourself what was done. But I currently have my car at a place where someone from the board referred me to. I also want to throw out thanks to some people from this forum and from other places outside of this form. Truck guy, Ralph Aldridge, Jerry Niebur, and Brian form Arc Audio has been nothing less than class act and has a customer for life with the customer service he has given me that has gone above and beyond. I sincerely want to thank each and everyone of you for the help and support. And to the two guys that have my car now they know who they are. I have every bit of faith this install will finally be coming to a conclusion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2968 (1)_1566178418425.jpeg (379.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2975 (3)_1566178482273.jpeg (295.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2972 (1)_1566178504155.jpeg (368.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2973 (1)_1566178518371.jpeg (408.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 20190628_085245_1566178541108.jpg (752.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20190628_085703_1566178575451.jpg (1.06 MB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20190628_085256_1566179198183.jpg (1.42 MB, 29 views)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 LilJonny16 will become famous soon enoughLilJonny16 will become famous soon enoughLilJonny16 will become famous soon enoughLilJonny16 will become famous soon enoughLilJonny16 will become famous soon enoughLilJonny16 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: BRUCE JOHNROE WrenchGuy

O my goodness! I'm sorry friend. Hope you finally get the install you want.
LilJonny16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJonny16 View Post
O my goodness! I'm sorry friend. Hope you finally get the install you want.
Ya brother my shit is finally in good hands oddly enough only about a 2 hour drive from the 3rd place that fucked it up. Lol both are almost 1000 miles away oddly enough. Thanks for the reply. Just want to make people aware so they don't make the same mistake I do
The Following User Says Thank You to mmartin0617 For This Useful Post:
Coppertone (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

Rep Power: 42 CAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enough

Out of curiosity....

What Due Diligence did you do before hiring this clown and giving him $$$$$?????

What made you feel comfortable enough to hire him in the first place?
CAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

I talked with him on the phone, saw his work on his FB page, sent me videos of work he has done, sent me links that proved work he has done. So, all in all you live and learn. But at the same time the post was simply to make people aware. Story of my life. 🙂.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

Rep Power: 12 saltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the heads up. I just hate that you had to be the one to get messed over for the benefit of others. It sounds as if you did your due diligence, so maybe it was just really bad luck. Either way, when you eventually get it back and it’s everything you dreamed, it’ll be worth it!

There should be a global database of reputable and honest shops. I know there’s “yelp” and all the rest, but there should be one that’s strictly car audio only. If a shop or installer isn’t on the list, enter at your own risk.

Good luck brother...hope it comes out 10X better than you thought it could be!

saltyone is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8

Rep Power: 42 CAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enoughCAudio will become famous soon enough

I think MECP needs to do a better job training and reporting on qualified shops. 12 Volt and anything automotive related (like body shops) tend to attract folks who are less than ethical.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAudio For This Useful Post:
Chris12 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 nstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enoughnstaln will become famous soon enough

I'm a bit surprised the subject of this thread hasn't chimed in...If I saw my face every time I opened DIYMA knowing it's attached to a not-so-flattering review I think I would want to say something in my own defense.

Small scratches etc do happen even when you're carefull...but it looks like the workmanship is pretty poor. The 'lost' key has me a bit concerned...There was a rival shop in OKC way back when I was an installer and they 'lost' keys too...usually within a couple weeks the customer would have their system stolen and without any alarms going off. Hmmmmm.

Sorry you had this experience. Good luck.

Factory HU - Alpine PXA-H800/RUX - 2 x JL Audio HD900/5's - Audiofrog GB10's - Audiofrog GB25's - Audiofrog GS 690's - Audiofrog GB2510 Crossovers - 2 x Audiomobile MASS 2012's
nstaln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyone View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I just hate that you had to be the one to get messed over for the benefit of others. It sounds as if you did your due diligence, so maybe it was just really bad luck. Either way, when you eventually get it back and it’s everything you dreamed, it’ll be worth it!

There should be a global database of reputable and honest shops. I know there’s “yelp” and all the rest, but there should be one that’s strictly car audio only. If a shop or installer isn’t on the list, enter at your own risk.

Good luck brother...hope it comes out 10X better than you thought it could be!
That wouldn't be a bad idea. The new shops work is of exemplary work. And certainly would have no problem going back for future visits.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstaln View Post
I'm a bit surprised the subject of this thread hasn't chimed in...If I saw my face every time I opened DIYMA knowing it's attached to a not-so-flattering review I think I would want to say something in my own defense.

Small scratches etc do happen even when you're carefull...but it looks like the workmanship is pretty poor. The 'lost' key has me a bit concerned...There was a rival shop in OKC way back when I was an installer and they 'lost' keys too...usually within a couple weeks the customer would have their system stolen and without any alarms going off. Hmmmmm.

Sorry you had this experience. Good luck.

This guy had every chance to do the right thing. Nobody that has tried an install on my car has never not gotten paid exactly what the invoice asked for. This is not the first bad experience I have had, just the most costly and most unfortunate one. Sometimes it take 5 shops to get things done properly. Scratches fo happen, and that thing is a shop is aware it the put a gouge in a person's steering wheel that bad. He could have been the bigger person and made sure it was fixed. But just goes to show what kind of guy he is.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12

The workmanship is shoddy all around. The wiring looks horrible. Same for the amp mounting. Have you seen what professional work looks like???
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAudio View Post
The workmanship is shoddy all around. The wiring looks horrible. Same for the amp mounting. Have you seen what professional work looks like???
Yes I do this is the trunk now. Sure have. Have you ever been to a car dealership and left dissatisfied with their work on your car? I am not exactly sure what the intention was behind all of the question marks. It's all about learning and moving on and making others are aware.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14

Spend some time and watch this video. It is so worth it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4HPdezUt70M

I think MECP needs to do a better job with certification reviews of installers.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15

Rep Power: 16 EmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin0617 View Post
Yes I do this is the trunk now. Sure have. Have you ever been to a car dealership and left dissatisfied with their work on your car? I am not exactly sure what the intention was behind all of the question marks. It's all about learning and moving on and making others are aware.
Any other photos of the install, it looks fantastic!
EmoJackson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 103 lbp775 will become famous soon enoughlbp775 will become famous soon enoughlbp775 will become famous soon enoughlbp775 will become famous soon enoughlbp775 will become famous soon enoughlbp775 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstaln View Post
He may not be from the DIYMA community. If he were, perhaps he would have some standards.
lbp775 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement