Acoustic Elegance IB15 4ohm car version (Idmax comparison) - Page 5 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010   #101
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 309 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Acoustic Elegance IB15 4ohm car version (Idmax comparison)

Stereo Clarity Ľ IS300 Infinite Baffle for IS300 for those interested

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010   #102
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 166 94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough94VG30DE will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to 94VG30DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
Why do you want to make your own wiring harness?
As I understand it, the way the wiring works for the factory head unit (IS300 for those that are just joinging us) is HU > amp > speakers. Each ">" is a connector. I think I am leaning towards leaving the factory front stage in for a bit and just adding a sub and head unit, which means I could just wire up a wiring harness that goes straight from the aftermarket head unit to a female amp "connector" that I can't seem to find, and into the original connector OUT of the amp to the rest of the system. That way I bypass the stock amp, have active control of my factory front stage from the head unit, and I can return everything to stock in about 15 minutes if needed. Also it means I don't have to run wire to the doors.

Sorry to go so OT in a thread about the AEIB15. I hear it's a pretty sweet sub! Just trying to decide how much output I need on whether I can go IB12 or IB15. I've never had an infinite baffle in a trunk setup before, so I know I have to be a little bit more careful with overexcursion than I have been in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit_ View Post
Well, if there's anything we've got extra of in New Zealand, it's sheep...
94VG30DE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011   #103
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 215 cvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enough

I am still getting a lot of PMs about this thread all the time. There are a few things I should point out for viewers.

The IB series is disconitnued. John at AE is selling an upgraded version for a bit more, not sure how much, if anybody wants to look it up post it here.

I recommend the AE AV series over the IB or the upgraded one for users that don't mind extra weight. The AV series is likely to perform quite a bit better at the cost of 17lbs extra, 32lbs total.

I am now using the AE IB12s in my new car and I have posted several in car tests on this site and others. You can see the performance of the 12s in the https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...-test-bin.html. I might also post some tests in one of these two threads:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ngle-seat.html

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...nk-2010-a.html

2015 Corvette Z06 Z07:
Head: H800 + Galaxy S7 edge with AptX and optical
Amplifiers: 4,000w+ Zeff class G/H power
2way + Pro logic II steering Satori 6.5" fullrange rears
High: AMT line array;Mid: SS 25W/8567-SE 10";Low: 4x Seas L26RO4Y 10"
cvjoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011   #104
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 280 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

AV line is pretty much on hold right now too. The IB replacements are about $100 more than the IB Line was.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014   #105
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 113 jrs1006 will become famous soon enoughjrs1006 will become famous soon enoughjrs1006 will become famous soon enoughjrs1006 will become famous soon enoughjrs1006 will become famous soon enoughjrs1006 will become famous soon enough

Subscribed to this one.
jrs1006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2014   #106
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 slpery will become famous soon enoughslpery will become famous soon enoughslpery will become famous soon enoughslpery will become famous soon enoughslpery will become famous soon enoughslpery will become famous soon enough

You're about 3-6 years too late buddy.

slpery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2017   #107

Rep Power: 0 audiodelic will become famous soon enoughaudiodelic will become famous soon enoughaudiodelic will become famous soon enoughaudiodelic will become famous soon enoughaudiodelic will become famous soon enoughaudiodelic will become famous soon enough

Reviving an old thread.

I am looking to get two 12 inch sbp or one 15 inch sbp driver that AE offers. I am not in the position to do infinite baffle in my car just yet, I plan using AE sbp subwoofers in a sealed box configuration, are these woofers a great choice for sealed box configuration also or should I be considering other alternatives like idmax, Xcon. Iím looking for great transient response, tight and fast sq bass. I am used to a SVS SB 12 at home which is also a low distortion

Would appreciate some advice from you diyma experts
Cheers and thanks in advance
audiodelic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2017   #108
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 392 captainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond reputecaptainobvious has a reputation beyond repute

They are good for a variety of applications- including sealed box, however they do require more airspace than some which are designed for smaller sealed boxes. They likely have higher sensitivity than those other subs though too, so trade-offs.

If you think you may do IB down the road, I would recommend it since it can perform well in both scenarios.

------------------------------------------------------
2018 Iasca ProAm Champion
2018 Meca Extreme 2nd Place

2018 Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
captainobvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2018   #109
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 215 cvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enoughcvjoint will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodelic View Post
Reviving an old thread.

I am looking to get two 12 inch sbp or one 15 inch sbp driver that AE offers. I am not in the position to do infinite baffle in my car just yet, I plan using AE sbp subwoofers in a sealed box configuration, are these woofers a great choice for sealed box configuration also or should I be considering other alternatives like idmax, Xcon. Iím looking for great transient response, tight and fast sq bass. I am used to a SVS SB 12 at home which is also a low distortion

Sealed box subs are a whole 'nother animal. What I look for in sealed box subs are powerful motors and stiff suspensions. The system has to have a low Q and suspension that can withstand box pressure without rocking modes. I know we usually want high Xmax as well, and that's nice to have but that's usually a function of how much SPL you want. You can also use multiple low xmax woofers. No matter what you do have to have the motor and the suspension for it.

I recommend Seas Design for basically any sealed box arrangement. I don't think there is a better choice out there.

2015 Corvette Z06 Z07:
Head: H800 + Galaxy S7 edge with AptX and optical
Amplifiers: 4,000w+ Zeff class G/H power
2way + Pro logic II steering Satori 6.5" fullrange rears
High: AMT line array;Mid: SS 25W/8567-SE 10";Low: 4x Seas L26RO4Y 10"
cvjoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2018   #110
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 126 offtime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enoughofftime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodelic View Post
Reviving an old thread.

I also use these 12 IB AE subwoofers in my car and from my experience they required quite a lot of air to work properly. In my case that meant they would sound worse with 3 in my trunk than with 2 (IB configuration). The trunk just wasn't big enough for the 3 of them.
offtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement