Thoughts please on Kenwood kdc-x790 radio - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010   #1

12V Company:
Do work
Position:
M.E.C.P certified

Rep Power: 0 tinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to tinctorus

Default Thoughts please on Kenwood kdc-x790 radio

Hey I just got one of these today from a customer who wanted something new even though the radio he bought was NOWHERE near as good OR nice looking as this unit

I went through the setting and features and it has much more control/audio options than my current alpine 9851

Has anyone ever used this radio or had experience with it in general??

It is from there excelon lineup and has 3 set's of 5 volt preouts as well as a 24 bit DAC and bass/mid/treble adjustments....Here is a link on crutchfield for the radio when they sold it

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X790 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com
tinctorus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010   #2

12V Company:
Do work
Position:
M.E.C.P certified

Rep Power: 0 tinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Thoughts please on Kenwood kdc-x790 radio

Anyone ever used this radio???

From what I could tell when I went through the features and what I could find online it seems like a pretty well built SQ head unit

I mean granted the radio is 3-4 year's but all the features it has look great, The ONLY thing it doesn't have that I would like it time alignment but I can do without
Old 02-21-2010   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 142 DanMan will become famous soon enoughDanMan will become famous soon enoughDanMan will become famous soon enoughDanMan will become famous soon enoughDanMan will become famous soon enoughDanMan will become famous soon enough

I used to visit a shop a couple years back that sold nice gear-Zapco, Audison, Hertz. The owner swore by Kenwood HU's. He wanted to sell me one to replace my 9887 which he felt was not in the same league as the Kenwood Excelon he was pushing. There certainly was a sales factor, but he was a good dude and honestly felt the Kenwoods were exceptional. He knew I was a diy'er and wasn't getting rich off me.

I have always wondered why Kenwood HU's aren't more popular amongst enthusiasts.

98' Civic Sedan-Alpine 9887-Zapco DC 1000.4>ID x69-Zapco DC 200.2>ID Ultra Mini Horns-Zapco DC360.4>2 AE IB 15
DanMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010   #4

12V Company:
Do work
Position:
M.E.C.P certified

I put the kenwood in today and all I have to say is WOW!!!!

seriously the difference between 2 volt preouts on my alpine and 5 volt preouts on this radio makes a HUGE difference

Not to mention I can finally really tweak my setup to sound just right

I gotta say though on the alpine my sub never got deep like I wanted it to and now I had to dial it WAY back because it was actually overpowering my mb quarts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement