DLS Performance C6A - opinions, alternatives, and/or where to buy - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 liebezeit will become famous soon enoughliebezeit will become famous soon enoughliebezeit will become famous soon enoughliebezeit will become famous soon enoughliebezeit will become famous soon enoughliebezeit will become famous soon enough

Default DLS Performance C6A - opinions, alternatives, and/or where to buy

Hello,
I'm looking for a smooth, warm, non-fatiguing sound. I'm looking at the DLS C6A and would like opinions on this model, or other possibilities in the $150 range. I'm pretty sure I need silk tweeters to meet my requirements, and I'd also like smooth, rich mid-bass (as much as possible given my budget).

The tweeters will have to fit where the current stock tweeters are in my car, 12" above the mids and pointed roughly towards the far shoulder of each passenger. The stock tweets are 1" and the grill is 1 3/8" wide.

Also, where the heck can you buy DLS equipment? I'm in southeast Michigan. I heard there might be a distributor floating around this forum.

2004 Hyundai Elantra GT, Pioneer DEH-P3000IB HU digitally connected to an 80GB iPod Classic, US Acoustics USB-4065 4-channel amplifier, Precision Power 356cs on the way
liebezeit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 899 sam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond reputesam3535 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: DLS Performance C6A - opinions, alternatives, and/or where to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebezeit View Post
Hello,
I'm looking for a smooth, warm, non-fatiguing sound. I'm looking at the DLS C6A and would like opinions on this model, or other possibilities in the $150 range. I'm pretty sure I need silk tweeters to meet my requirements, and I'd also like smooth, rich mid-bass (as much as possible given my budget).

The tweeters will have to fit where the current stock tweeters are in my car, 12" above the mids and pointed roughly towards the far shoulder of each passenger. The stock tweets are 1" and the grill is 1 3/8" wide.

Also, where the heck can you buy DLS equipment? I'm in southeast Michigan. I heard there might be a distributor floating around this forum.
PM Don on here (6spdcoupe) for DLS. I think slade1274 is a dealer for them, too. Also, step up slightly in price to the MS6A, worth the extra money IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniVanMan View Post
When did PPI start using fat models?

Helix - Kenwood - Fountek - SEAS - xtant - Phoenix Gold
Team EMD - Team Show Kitchen
sam3535 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2010   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 JimmyZ190 will become famous soon enoughJimmyZ190 will become famous soon enoughJimmyZ190 will become famous soon enoughJimmyZ190 will become famous soon enoughJimmyZ190 will become famous soon enoughJimmyZ190 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: DLS Performance C6A - opinions, alternatives, and/or where to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebezeit View Post
One online "DLS dealer" that I'd steer clear of: Dealer Cost Audio. Very frustrating experience with them, check reseller ratings before you buy.
JimmyZ190 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement