C608GTI MKII Review!!! - Page 7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010   #151
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 183 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: C608GTI MKII Review!!!

I actually might be selling my 608's and going back to the 660's or maybe give the spz60s a go around????? ya never know!
rexroadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010   #152

Rep Power: 0 caver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enough

Right now I believe I have a simular setup to yours. Didn't you say that you installed this in your truck or did I miss understand? Anyway mine are installed in a 03 standard cab Silverado, midbass in the doors and tweets
in the A-pillars. My door pods are absolutly rock solid.(lots of work) The tweets are actually reflecting off the windshield, first time i've done this with great success, so they are off axis. I might try a set of the JBL's one day with 300w per side just for fun.

The 165xl's are more agressive than the Millies so if you get a chance, give
them a listen.
caver50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010   #153
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 183 rexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond reputerexroadj has a reputation beyond repute

Yes same type of setup.....04 ram quad cab with mids in the doors and tweets in the a-pillars and the are very off axis....towards each other, slightly towards the windshield

Old 11-17-2010   #154
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I am going to offer on here (not going to list it in the classifieds yet) the 608 set with a set of a/d/s/ 344is 4" midranges for a partially active setup. 4" and tweets off the jbl passives and the midbass run active from my amp. Its an absolutely phenominal sounding setup. I am offering it because I was offered a chance to try out some new stuff so me being me I just cant resist $275 shipped for the whole shebang!
Old 11-27-2010   #155
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 112 Audioguy36 will become famous soon enoughAudioguy36 will become famous soon enoughAudioguy36 will become famous soon enoughAudioguy36 will become famous soon enoughAudioguy36 will become famous soon enoughAudioguy36 will become famous soon enough

Damn, your ears are a lot different than mine. I could not get these bad boys sounding right. Sure the mid bass was there but mid range and top end was nasty.
Audioguy36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010   #156
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

It has nothing to do with ears! I cant tell you how many times I have dealt with the same issue with people regarding this set. You go in there car and the tweeters are almost completely on axis BAD BAD BAD! A lot of it could have to do with the midbass enclosure or free air door size. I have HUGE doors. This set is nothing short of stellar when done properly. To be honest, if you do the right things per set, pretty good results can be had with most component sets on the market today. People just assume what worked with one set will work with all, and if it doesnt then its the set. The midrange on this set is stellar in my setup. I keep trying out 3way configurations with this setup (and its great) but I always end up taking them out because its just not really necessary.
Old 12-07-2010   #157
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 rubberband will become famous soon enoughrubberband will become famous soon enoughrubberband will become famous soon enoughrubberband will become famous soon enoughrubberband will become famous soon enoughrubberband will become famous soon enough

rexroadj I have an 04 dodge ram QC too. I'm going to be installing a set of the JBL 608 gti.
would you happen to have any pictures of your install? Manly interested in your tweeter placement in the A pillars.
Thanks!
rubberband is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010   #158
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 180 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexroadj View Post
Yes same type of setup.....04 ram quad cab with mids in the doors and tweets in the a-pillars and the are very off axis....towards each other, slightly towards the windshield
I don't have this particular set of components, but my install is setup exactly this same way and is nothing short of phenomenal. Best way I've found so far to get that stage height right where it needs to be in a Dodge Ram.

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010   #159
DAT

Banned

Rep Power: 0 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No problem!
I am not a dealer or anything like that. I have an acommodation for JBL via a company I am part on the side. I dont offer it to anyone and everyone as its not any better then ebay $ for the most part, although its authorized! I think I pay like $238.00 shipped to me, so it would be that plus shipping to you (for intstance) I wont even say what I pay for the ms-8 or the new ms amps buts its AWESOME!
I know what you pay for the MS-8's . Have not seen the new JBL MS-8 Amps... hmm
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010   #160
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
I know what you pay for the MS-8's . Have not seen the new JBL MS-8 Amps... hmm
$462.00 for the ms-8
$332.75 for the ms amps (both are the same price)
Not great but at least I know where they come from and that if theres a problem I can get it taken care of.
Old 12-08-2010   #161
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberband View Post
rexroadj I have an 04 dodge ram QC too. I'm going to be installing a set of the JBL 608 gti.
would you happen to have any pictures of your install? Manly interested in your tweeter placement in the A pillars.
Thanks!
Sorry bud, I dont bother with pics because the setup usually changes all the time.... This might be the longest I have had a set in my truck I have the tweets about 5" or so up from the top of the dash on the a-pillars. I have a few different a-pillars that I can swap out for different size tweets or midrange. Its definitely the best place I have found in that truck. I had zero luck with kicks in my truck, although I know that several people have....Its just not my cup of tea. I also like the midrange in the stock locations (dash)in a 3 way setup.

Still toying with the idea of doing two 608 midbass in my doors, either that or I am going to go ahead and get the 660 set again.
Old 01-02-2011   #162

Rep Power: 0 caver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enoughcaver50 will become famous soon enough

Rex, have you considered a large format tweet with those midbass drivers or just a tweet that plays lower? All my lows sound like their comming off my dash. I contribute
part of that to the Hertz HT28 tweets. They play very low so I feel like they draw the lows up. So, is your stage high enough to suit you?
Old 01-03-2011   #163
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I have thought about large format drivers that play lower but not with these mids. I did not really find it necessary since they can play very well up pretty high and with the added power I find them to add some really nice impact in the higher ranges. I really dont "need" to go 3way with these to have good results. I had the 4"s around and they seem to fit with this set like a glove so I figured why not? The combo I have been playing around with in my head to try is the fostex ft48d tweeters since they can play INSANELY low and the fostex fw208n 8" driver. I think this could be a great setup that could have a great deal of tuning versatility due to the lack of frequency restraints between two drivers. Plus if they fail in the truck, they would be awesome in the house
Old 01-03-2011   #164

Did you sell the 608's yet and did you have a chance to listen to the Hertz XL's? hmmm
Old 01-03-2011   #165
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I am still running the 608s and 4" ads setup, like everything in life its still for sale
I have heard countless hertz setups. HSK's and several other sets. They are completely out of control with how many different lines they have had over the last couple years! I know people are going to get REALLY angry with this statement but here it goes anyway. I find HERTZ to be the most over rated audio company I have ever been around in the audio scene bar none. I am not saying that they do not make some great stuff because they do. What I am saying is that people think that they are some sort of magical company that can only produce the greatest shit on the planet. The fact of the matter is that some of there lower lines and even some of the "middle" lines are some of the biggest pieces of shit out there and when comparing price points in my opinion they just dont really stack up with several others. Again this is just my opinion and some of the setups I heard and demo (for many hours) were wonderful.
Old 01-03-2011   #166

Honestly, I think the Mille's are only slightly better than the XL's. Actually the XL's may have more midbase. Hard to justify the cost difference. Yeah your right, it's a popularity
contest. My name is bigger than yours, therefore I can charge more. The money game.

Love my setup, but I'am always interested in hearing something new.

Oh by the way, is that tweet a 1" or 1 1/8" ??
Old 01-03-2011   #167
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

1" edge-driven, pure-titanium-dome tweeter,

The whole car audio scene is a popularity contest!!!! Still kinda fun though

The difference between anything hertz vs. the 608 is night and day, not better or worse, just different. Its all about personal taste of course. Its nice when you get something your happy with but its still tough to fight the bug either way, its really tough for me because I have spent so many years trying out new things so often. This might be the longest I have had a component set installed in my truck?
Old 01-07-2011   #168
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 173 vactor will become famous soon enoughvactor will become famous soon enoughvactor will become famous soon enoughvactor will become famous soon enoughvactor will become famous soon enoughvactor will become famous soon enough

anyone have the 508gti mkII? i want to know if the phase plug can come out and the tweeter screwed in ... i want to use them as coaxials ...
vactor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2016   #169
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 163 illnastyimpreza will become famous soon enoughillnastyimpreza will become famous soon enoughillnastyimpreza will become famous soon enoughillnastyimpreza will become famous soon enoughillnastyimpreza will become famous soon enoughillnastyimpreza will become famous soon enough

Just bought a set of the C608 GTI MKII......can't wait to install em.....now I just need a car

98 Impreza 2.5rs projector car.
Headunit: wait till next years release? Front Stage:CDT Eurosport 4 wayFS Amp: Cadence TXA 6004 Sub Amp:TXA 1000D Subs:CDT CL12 x2 Thoughts: should I build kicks for 3'' drivers???
illnastyimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2016   #170
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 144 eviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rougheviling is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

The difference between anything hertz vs. the 608 is night and day, not better or worse, just different. Its all about personal taste of course. Its nice when you get something your happy with but its still tough to fight the bug either way, its really tough for me because I have spent so many years trying out new things so often. This might be the longest I have had a component set installed in my truck?
Didn't the last one explode? Hi Rex long time

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg708/scaled.php?server=708&filename=89483214.jpg&res=me  dium
ZED audio, Hybrid Audio, FI audio, M-Audio, Custom carputer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYMA View Post
PS. Tell your boss to stop sending me pictures of his cock.
eviling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016   #171
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 304 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hey buddy.....I am car audio free aside from touchscreen in dash I have no audio and its so good to not be constantly looking to try that next amp or set of comps.

I am now into the home stuff but on beer budget but the results when changing stuff in home stereo to me are more satisfying.

Running a vintage sansui integrated amp as a pre-amp and then some Crown pro audio amps. vintage meets class D.
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement