AudioPipe Speakers.. opinions? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 stickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished road

Default AudioPipe Speakers.. opinions?

They seem fairly inexpensive, and i do believe that there are a handful of quality speakers being manufactured from small companies that are just trying to make a name for themselves, i just need to know if audiopipe is one of them?? my friend swears by them but he isn't really experienced in listening to higher end sound systems, so his opinion might not be valid here...

anybody have experience with this company's products??

thanks for your comments
stickpony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010   #2

12V Company:
Do work
Position:
M.E.C.P certified

Rep Power: 0 tinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to tinctorus

Default Re: AudioPipe Speakers.. opinions?

They are cheap because they are garbage and just your typical chinese bullshit that sounds AWFUL!!
tinctorus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2010   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 stickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished roadstickpony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinctorus View Post
They are cheap because they are garbage and just your typical chinese bullshit that sounds AWFUL!!
have you personally owned them or are you just stating something somebody else has said?

Old 11-07-2010   #4

12V Company:
Do work
Position:
M.E.C.P certified

Rep Power: 0 tinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to tinctorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickpony View Post
have you personally owned them or are you just stating something somebody else has said?
No I would NEVER own them BUT I have personally installed hundreds of pairs of all types of there products that customers brought into the shop and each and every one of them was garbage...

I will say that the spl guys love there giant sub amps because they put out a decent amount of power for basically pennies on the dollar

But as far as there speakers,subwoofers and 4 channel amps go everything from them I have installed has sounded like shit, and for the money they spent even the lowest end pioneer or sony crap would have sounded better
tinctorus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
No I would NEVER own them BUT I have personally installed hundreds of pairs of all types of there products that customers brought into the shop and each and every one of them was garbage...

I will say that the spl guys love there giant sub amps because they put out a decent amount of power for basically pennies on the dollar

But as far as there speakers,subwoofers and 4 channel amps go everything from them I have installed has sounded like shit, and for the money they spent even the lowest end pioneer or sony crap would have sounded better
sounds like a valid opinion.. you must really hate audiopipe...

anybody else?
Old 11-08-2010   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 bgx88 will become famous soon enoughbgx88 will become famous soon enoughbgx88 will become famous soon enoughbgx88 will become famous soon enoughbgx88 will become famous soon enoughbgx88 will become famous soon enough

Never installed anything from em but have a friend who loves the stuff. From reading on here it seems there just out to rip off other companies designs such as HAT tweeters. If this is true I cannot and will not support a company that only tries to get ahead at others expenses and these companies will never propel car audio technology.
bgx88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2010   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgx88 View Post
Never installed anything from em but have a friend who loves the stuff. From reading on here it seems there just out to rip off other companies designs such as HAT tweeters. If this is true I cannot and will not support a company that only tries to get ahead at others expenses and these companies will never propel car audio technology.

yeah, i read about that tweeter...the internal components seem to be entirely different though..the audiopipe tweeters are regular silk dome tweeters in the same shell.

i personally wouldn't support them if they were claiming there product to be something it is not, but as far as i can tell, all they did is rip off the "look" of one item, and honestly, they may not have known they were doing so until it was already on shelves. alot of companies have low-end equipment that is manufactured in china and often times the designs are sourced and bought from over there...

if they only have ONE product that is a cosmetic copy, then i wouldn't really harp too much on it, especially if it is just a $30 tweeter.. i doubt they are making much profit on it to begin with. I am more interested in their more expensive speakers, which are still on the affordable side of car audio...

anybody have real world opinions they would like to add?
Old 11-20-2010   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 112 davidmelnikov will become famous soon enoughdavidmelnikov will become famous soon enoughdavidmelnikov will become famous soon enoughdavidmelnikov will become famous soon enoughdavidmelnikov will become famous soon enoughdavidmelnikov will become famous soon enough

I would suggest you get in touch with audiopipe and see if they are willing to provide response graphs and other test results they might have done on certain drivers your intrested in.

Their is a reason they do not publish them in the public (or might not even have them).
davidmelnikov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2010   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 King Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enough

I have not used the speakers, but I did buy an audiopipe product...... once and never again. I ordered some 16ga speaker wire off of ebay. It came in an audiopipe bag and I was lucky if it was actually 20ga. never again

disgusted..........
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2010   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
I have not used the speakers, but I did buy an audiopipe product...... once and never again. I ordered some 16ga speaker wire off of ebay. It came in an audiopipe bag and I was lucky if it was actually 20ga. never again
i would look to the seller, not the brand, your comment is really irrelevant to this conversation. i buy bulk wire all the time, and i never get it delivered in a nice retail packaging, usually it is cut from a larger spool, twist tied together and shipped to me.

irrelevant
Old 11-23-2010   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 159 Brian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enough

Quote:
anybody have experience with this company's products??
Years ago, I had the opportunity to inspect one of their "flat cone" subs - similar to this one: HiVolume.com - - AudioPipe - 10" Dynamic 1200W Flat Woofer. I think it was the 12" version. One look at how the former was attached to the cone was enough to tell me that it probably wouldn't last long in the usually brutal car audio environment. The driver was also quite inefficient.

Their stuff has likely improved since then. Then again, perhaps not - a quick look at some of the specs for their subs show Le ratings that are 5+ mH. Ugh. I think I'll try to get my hands on a few samples locally to see if they meet published specs. Perhaps someone should donate one to be Klippel'd .

Brian Steele
www.diysubwoofers.org
Brian Steele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2010   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Steele View Post
Years ago, I had the opportunity to inspect one of their "flat cone" subs - similar to this one: HiVolume.com - - AudioPipe - 10" Dynamic 1200W Flat Woofer. I think it was the 12" version. One look at how the former was attached to the cone was enough to tell me that it probably wouldn't last long in the usually brutal car audio environment. The driver was also quite inefficient.

Their stuff has likely improved since then. Then again, perhaps not - a quick look at some of the specs for their subs show Le ratings that are 5+ mH. Ugh. I think I'll try to get my hands on a few samples locally to see if they meet published specs. Perhaps someone should donate one to be Klippel'd .
what about their full rnage speakers and components?
Old 11-23-2010   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Notwerk will become famous soon enoughNotwerk will become famous soon enoughNotwerk will become famous soon enoughNotwerk will become famous soon enoughNotwerk will become famous soon enoughNotwerk will become famous soon enough

It seems the reviews are overwhelmingly negative. Is there a reason you're still interested in this stuff? They keep a warehouse not far from me here in Miami (technically, the warehouse is in Doral, but whatever). Even so, I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to look into their product. From what I've seen on store shelves, it is exceedingly cheap-looking stuff.
Notwerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 123 chauss will become famous soon enoughchauss will become famous soon enoughchauss will become famous soon enoughchauss will become famous soon enoughchauss will become famous soon enoughchauss will become famous soon enough

I have a set of their tweeters I will sell you! 8-) - They are purty! lol
chauss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notwerk View Post
It seems the reviews are overwhelmingly negative. Is there a reason you're still interested in this stuff? They keep a warehouse not far from me here in Miami (technically, the warehouse is in Doral, but whatever). Even so, I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to look into their product. From what I've seen on store shelves, it is exceedingly cheap-looking stuff.
yes, and yet not one of the opinion givers actually have owned audiopipe... imagine that, a bunch of people giving opinions on something they have never personally owned... gotta love the forums sometimes...
Old 11-28-2010   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 136 Cruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished road

for the money, be smarter to buy raw drivers from PE or Madisound.

i paid $10 for my peerless 6.5s, i bet they play just as good as any audiopipe 6.5. may not exceed it, but it was $10

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Dayton DC28F Silk | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 ScottyH will become famous soon enoughScottyH will become famous soon enoughScottyH will become famous soon enoughScottyH will become famous soon enoughScottyH will become famous soon enoughScottyH will become famous soon enough

It's poo & no I haven't owned it.

Just like I know Daytek TV's garbage,

Wal-Mart house brand tires are garbage,

and "white-van special" speakers are garbage.

I have owned none of the above.

When you get 10 guys here that say it's no good, perhaps you should consider that maybe it is garbage instead of defending it.
ScottyH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 416 ryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i would look to the seller, not the brand, your comment is really irrelevant to this conversation. i buy bulk wire all the time, and i never get it delivered in a nice retail packaging, usually it is cut from a larger spool, twist tied together and shipped to me.

irrelevant
Perhaps you should read his post again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
The man paid for 16ga but it was smaller wire than it should have been.

That...is the company with their name on the side of the wire's fault, not the ebay seller. I bet he could give a crap how it was packaged.
Quote:
yes, and yet not one of the opinion givers actually have owned audiopipe... imagine that, a bunch of people giving opinions on something they have never personally owned... gotta love the forums sometimes...
I assume you searched before starting this thread? Did you find any threads?

High inductance + no shorting rings = non-starter. After being on here for a while, it becomes obvious which companies give a damn about making quality products and which only want to move product out the door.

Look at the Hybrid knock-off tweeter thread and tell me which category AudioPipe fits into.

'11 Accord Coupe with Premium Audio. Decent. System in planning stage...
"Plan for the best, EQ for the rest" - Zaph

ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Rep Power: 40145 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTF is up with the attitude? Gotta love forums for people asking questions then complaining about the responses.

Quote:

This is a great response.

Why is owning a product the only way to verify it's build quality and competence of design?
schmiddr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2010   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 120 Yuck. will become famous soon enoughYuck. will become famous soon enoughYuck. will become famous soon enoughYuck. will become famous soon enoughYuck. will become famous soon enoughYuck. will become famous soon enough

I run an all audio pipe setup and love it. I may win IASCA this year with this winning combination. You know you want to OP, go out there and get all the audiopipe stuff you can before the rest of civilization catches on!
Yuck. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2010   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddr2 View Post
WTF is up with the attitude? Gotta love forums for people asking questions then complaining about the responses.

This is a great response.

Why is owning a product the only way to verify it's build quality and competence of design?
because you listen to it day to day, not for 5 seconds after you do an installation..

since starting this thread, i have had the opportunity to listen to several audiopipe products, not just speakers, in several well built systems down here in south FL, and i can honestly say, that the negative comments in this thread are ALL unwarranted. is the build quality the greatest? its adequate enough, considering how often audiophiles change out equipment. do they look good? actually, some of their newer 2010 stuff is QUITE attractive.

the most important question: do they sound good? and the answer is YES, they do. they have competant power handling capabilities without distortion, and the frequency response is very good. they won't make a shitty amp or head unit sound better, but they do sound good when coupled with good equipment, the same as ANY other speaker.

that being said, there are too many haters out there who just spew bad shit about a company for no good reason.

and to the guy who says he installs them on a day to day basis but thinks they are a garbage product, well, i call bullshit. Are you even an installer? what kind of systems are you installing them on? why don't you provide us a point of reference to back all of your blanket statements of hatred towards the product line? tell us the type of equipment these installs have in them. if you REALLY are installing alot of them, then perhaps they aren't nearly as bad as you claim.

anyways, i have a discerning ear, and now that i have had the opportunity to hear them in action, i have to say that the few random opinions from non-users of this speaker line are falling on def ears.

Audiopipe = pretty good sound. are they top of the line? don't know, i didn't have a top of the line speaker to do an A/B comparison... but they sounded pretty damned good to me, even playing classical and jazz.
Old 12-01-2010   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan s View Post
Perhaps you should read his post again...

The man paid for 16ga but it was smaller wire than it should have been.
then the seller sent him a smaller sized wire by mistake, OR the insulation for the wire is creating an optical illusion. he should send it back. again, it has NOTHING to do with whether or not the speakers sound good, which is what this thread is about. I've bought stinger cable before that i thought looked undersized when i received it, so i sliced it open and compared it to some generic wire. they were the same thickness with the same exact number of conductors, even though at a glance, the stinger wire looked much smaller.

Quote:
That...is the company with their name on the side of the wire's fault, not the ebay seller. I bet he could give a crap how it was packaged.
actually he DID give a crap, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it and then bitched about it.

Quote:
I assume you searched before starting this thread? Did you find any threads?
yes i did, but the search wasn't very conclusive, hence the new thread.

Quote:
High inductance + no shorting rings = non-starter. After being on here for a while, it becomes obvious which companies give a damn about making quality products and which only want to move product out the door.

Look at the Hybrid knock-off tweeter thread and tell me which category AudioPipe fits into.
I DID, if you had read this entire thread, you would know this too. There are many, many companies that do this. Two companies buy variations on a design, and then market and distribute them, its a common practice. Considering that audiopipe STIL sells the product, obviously the other company doesn't have any REAL issues with them selling it. the internals are different anyways, so its not really the same product, it only LOOKS the same. you can point out about a dozen different speaker and amplifier manufacturers that all have similar to near similar looking products with respect to each other, ESPECIALLY in the tweeter market.

EVERYBODY, listen up. unless you have personal experience with Audiopipe speakers, please just pass this thread by and go onto something else. Anythings else is IRRELEVANT to this thread.
Old 12-01-2010   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 416 ryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond reputeryan s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
they have competant power handling capabilities without distortion, and the frequency response is very good.
Post up some frequency response graphs, distortion plots, and an LMS/Klippel test if there is one.

Till then...everyone else is entitled to their opinions as you are. Prove that they're worth buying.
Quote:
then the seller sent him a smaller sized wire by mistake, OR the insulation for the wire is creating an optical illusion. he should send it back. again, it has NOTHING to do with whether or not the speakers sound good, which is what this thread is about. I've bought stinger cable before that i thought looked undersized when i received it, so i sliced it open and compared it to some generic wire. they were the same thickness with the same exact number of conductors, even though at a glance, the stinger wire looked much smaller.
You counted each strand individually?

Quote:
actually he DID give a crap, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it and then bitched about it.
He mentioned it came in an AudioPipe bag. That's it. He didn't say "their packaging blows! Who puts wire in a bag?"

Quote:
yes i did, but the search wasn't very conclusive, hence the new thread.
Without a page full of specs, drivers don't really receive a good welcome around here...for good reason.

Quote:
I DID, if you had read this entire thread, you would know this too. There are many, many companies that do this. Two companies buy variations on a design, and then market and distribute them, its a common practice. Considering that audiopipe STIL sells the product, obviously the other company doesn't have any REAL issues with them selling it. the internals are different anyways, so its not really the same product, it only LOOKS the same. you can point out about a dozen different speaker and amplifier manufacturers that all have similar to near similar looking products with respect to each other, ESPECIALLY in the tweeter market.
I did read the entire thread That's why it's funny to me...

Something like 60% of an original design can remain in a knockoff before it's considered a violation of trademark. In the case of the HAT tweeters, they appear identical. Doesn't matter what's inside.

Buying a license for producing a product is entirely different from straight ripping it off. Send a product overseas for production, and the chances are good the maker will cancel your contract in a year or two...after they've taken your design. How else have HID kits gone from $500 with a 60 day warranty to $35 with a lifetime warranty in about 5 years' time? Remember Katz-Eye? Where are they today? But out-of-contract phones are still $400-500 for a top model?

Quote:
EVERYBODY, listen up. unless you have personal experience with Audiopipe speakers, please just pass this thread by and go onto something else. Anythings else is IRRELEVANT to this thread.
Why are you defending them so hard? Do you work for a distributor? Probably

'11 Accord Coupe with Premium Audio. Decent. System in planning stage...
"Plan for the best, EQ for the rest" - Zaph

ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2010   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Post up some frequency response graphs, distortion plots, and an LMS/Klippel test if there is one.

Till then...everyone else is entitled to their opinions as you are. Prove that they're worth buying.
now you are just being a straight up jackass. speaker distortion is audible, as is frequency response when one plays ANY music that they frequently listen to over and over again on different sound systems.

Quote:

You counted each strand individually?
yeah, i did. It's not that difficult or time consuming with a 16 gauge wire, Bub. It only take a minute.

Quote:
He mentioned it came in an AudioPipe bag. That's it. He didn't say "their packaging blows! Who puts wire in a bag?"
the whole point was that it was IRRELEVANT to what their speakers sound like

Quote:
Without a page full of specs, drivers don't really receive a good welcome around here...for good reason.
and what "good" reason is that? tons of people are specification mongers. specs mean absolute shit unless the product matches the advertised specs. that's why the best test in the world is YOUR EARS, not lab results. if it sounds good to you, and if your ears can justify the price of a product, then it was a good product, period.

Quote:
I did read the entire thread That's why it's funny to me...

Something like 60% of an original design can remain in a knockoff before it's considered a violation of trademark. In the case of the HAT tweeters, they appear identical. Doesn't matter what's inside.

Buying a license for producing a product is entirely different from straight ripping it off. Send a product overseas for production, and the chances are good the maker will cancel your contract in a year or two...after they've taken your design. How else have HID kits gone from $500 with a 60 day warranty to $35 with a lifetime warranty in about 5 years' time? Remember Katz-Eye? Where are they today? But out-of-contract phones are still $400-500 for a top model?

Why are you defending them so hard? Do you work for a distributor? Probably
defending them hard? why are you attacking them so hard? i just want unbiased learned opinions of their product, not bullshit repsonses to a legitimate question.

if Audiopipe REALLY did rip off the design from HAT and it hurt their business, then they would've filed legal action, plain and simple. I am willing to bet it is all smoke and mirrors. Then again, it's just a bloody tweeter, and they didn't seem to have copied anything else...

and you are wrong about the 60%, but that is neither here nor there, if you want to argue that, lets do it in another thread.

Unless you have personal experience with audiopipe, why not just leave the thread, seriously. Go interject your opinions elsewhere. As Foghorn Leghorn once said in a Looney Tunes show: "Go, I say go away boy, you bother me".
Old 12-01-2010   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 136 Cruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished roadCruzer is on a distinguished road

Why did u make the thread Asking about them if u know more than eveyone else on audiopipe products?

Head Unit: Pioneer 800PRS | Tweets: Dayton DC28F Silk | Mids: Dayton RS180 | Speaker Amp: Infinity Kappa Four | Sub: Dayton HO 15" | Sub Amp: AQ1200D
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement