Alarm/remote start recommendation - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2018   #1

Rep Power: 22 SonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enough

Default Alarm/remote start recommendation

Back in the 90's I installed many DEI and Omega alarms and usually had good luck with both. I recently installed cheap Omega Freedom series alarms in my kids cars and have been content with them. I recently picked up a 1990 Ford van and want to add an alarm with remote start, window roll up and down and a couple of aux outputs to control lighting and such. I don't need 2 way paging. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
SonicXtasy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2018   #2

Rep Power: 0 ONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Alarm/remote start recommendation

I have 2-way Avital remote start/security system installed in my car and I find the 2-way remote transmitter to be too bulky to carry in my pocket. Aside from that, a replacement remote control is double or triple the cost of purchasing a standard remote transmitter. In regards to the range, I really can't say that I got the 1,000+ range with either remote control.
ONEeleven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 61 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

A bit of a hijack but I have also been looking for an alarm with a two way. One where I could see the alarm before the sirens go off.
Saw the viper 1-way and 2-way.
I do not need remote start.
Thoughts.?
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 175 DeLander will become famous soon enoughDeLander will become famous soon enoughDeLander will become famous soon enoughDeLander will become famous soon enoughDeLander will become famous soon enoughDeLander will become famous soon enough

I’ve had good luck with Code Alarm. My current Autopage doesn’t have good range and the 2- ay remote fob died after 9 months. YMMV
DeLander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018   #5

Rep Power: 22 SonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enoughSonicXtasy will become famous soon enough

I forgot about Code Alarm. Never installed any actual Code Alarm brand alarms but did do a few Prestige installs though. I don't need the two-way paging. The the vehicle the alarm is for is not a daily driver and will spend most of its at home.
SonicXtasy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018   #6

Rep Power: 0 ONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enoughONEeleven will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
A bit of a hijack but I have also been looking for an alarm with a two way. One where I could see the alarm before the sirens go off.
Saw the viper 1-way and 2-way.
I do not need remote start.
Thoughts.?
If you were to purchase a 2-way security system, the 2-way remote transmitter will indicate the warn-away trigger of the shock sensor has been triggered. That's assuming you have the sensitivity of the shock sensor set to your desired taste. Bear in mind if the shock sensor is set too sensitive, you're going to get several false triggers annoying you and your neighbors.
ONEeleven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018   #7

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Technician

Rep Power: 52 Mullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enough

Viper 5706 with 530t for the window roll up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mullings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 61 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

There is the 3305VR (2-way)
and 3606VR (1-way)

neither have remote start, and I do not need remote start.

And 5706 (2-way) says it plays sounds in the pocket when the alarm is going wild.
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2018   #9

Rep Power: 0 Dexter Morgan will become famous soon enoughDexter Morgan will become famous soon enoughDexter Morgan will become famous soon enoughDexter Morgan will become famous soon enoughDexter Morgan will become famous soon enoughDexter Morgan will become famous soon enough

Compustar hands down.
Dexter Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement