Anyone here a ADB (Android Debug Bridge) User - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019   #1

Rep Power: 70 Gump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enough

Default Anyone here a ADB (Android Debug Bridge) User

Anyone here perficient with ADB? I'm needing some help rooting a phone but have no experience with the commands etc.

Thanks
Gump_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019   #2

Rep Power: 46 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

What phone. Xda is your friend man. I used to root every phone but haven't felt the need to in a few yrs.
Mahapederdon is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2019   #3

Rep Power: 70 Gump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Anyone here a ADB (Android Debug Bridge) User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon View Post
What phone. Xda is your friend man. I used to root every phone but haven't felt the need to in a few yrs.
The root is from XDA, however, they mostly stick to diy (literally). There is no other method for rooting this LG V30 so I was going to pay someone to do it for me - since it requires an established knowledge of ADB.
Old 07-10-2019   #4

Rep Power: 46 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

Read the thread a few times that walk you through it. If they give adb commands just copy and paste em. My knowledge is a little limited in that area these days. Xda has some really helpful people. I'm a member and still read on there sometimes. Try asking for help. But only after you've read the full thread.
Mahapederdon is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2019   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon View Post
Read the thread a few times that walk you through it. If they give adb commands just copy and paste em. My knowledge is a little limited in that area these days. Xda has some really helpful people. I'm a member and still read on there sometimes. Try asking for help. But only after you've read the full thread.
If you have any knowledge of ADB you have more than I do. I wish the instructions did list the commands.
Old 07-11-2019   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 164 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

What problems are you having? I'm not great with it, but was able to use ADB to unlock the bootloader, root, then soft brick, then recover my 2XL.

I found there is a specific command you have to use in Windows to get it to work. Forget what exactly, but I can look in a little while.

Are you using this guide?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...-step-t3745006

The commands are all listed. Looks pretty thorough.

Some old luggage

naiku is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku View Post
What problems are you having? I'm not great with it, but was able to use ADB to unlock the bootloader, root, then soft brick, then recover my 2XL.

I found there is a specific command you have to use in Windows to get it to work. Forget what exactly, but I can look in a little while.

Are you using this guide?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...-step-t3745006

The commands are all listed. Looks pretty thorough.
Thanks for help. Yes that is the guide I have been referencing. I was able to downgrade back to the point where my bootloader can be unlocked so I think I'm ready for step 5. It's just the ADB commands that are the issue i/e the screen shot references E: drive.
Old 07-11-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 164 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

OK, assuming you mean this step 5:

"5. As per the LG page, http://developer.lge.com/resource/mo...Bootloader.dev , ensure Developer Options “OEM Unlock” and “USB Debugging” are enabled."

Assuming you already enabled Developer Mode in settings, step 6 sounds pretty straight forward. Move that unlock.bin file into the sdk folder as instructed, then try the adb devices command and let me know what it says.

Some old luggage

Old 07-11-2019   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku View Post
OK, assuming you mean this step 5:

"5. As per the LG page, http://developer.lge.com/resource/mo...Bootloader.dev , ensure Developer Options “OEM Unlock” and “USB Debugging” are enabled."

Assuming you already enabled Developer Mode in settings, step 6 sounds pretty straight forward. Move that unlock.bin file into the sdk folder as instructed, then try the adb devices command and let me know what it says.

I will go back through it again and let you know.
Again, I appreciate the help.
Old 07-11-2019   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

No problem, feel free to PM me if you get stuck.

Some old luggage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement