ATTN: STEPHEN MANTZ - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 217 Ţĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond repute

Default ATTN: STEPHEN MANTZ

You ever going to repay me?

How many months does it take to refund my shipping costs, and the restock fee on the defective amp? ( A restock fee that you said would not happen )

Oh, and thanks for all the spam my work email gets now because of your posting of my work email address in public.

You sir, are one hell of a piece of work...............
Ţĥıπģ₣ıѕђ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA

Rep Power: 283 Scott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond reputeScott@GZUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: ATTN: STEPHEN MANTZ

Why do you post this here? Why not email him, this isnt his forum and I highly doubt he comes here often.
Scott@GZUSA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 236 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad he posted it...

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010   #4

12V Company:
Do work
Position:
M.E.C.P certified

Rep Power: 0 tinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to tinctorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsDownLow View Post
Why do you post this here? Why not email him, this isnt his forum and I highly doubt he comes here often.
Why shouldnt he have posted this here???

I am sure he has tried to contact him numerous times before resorting to this...I know that this has been going on for quite some time as I remember reading the original thread where/when he had the issue
tinctorus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 217 Ţĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond reputeŢĥıπģ₣ıѕђ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinctorus View Post

I am sure he has tried to contact him numerous times before resorting to this...I know that this has been going on for quite some time as I remember reading the original thread where/when he had the issue

I have indeed tried. I am at a total loss to get what amounts to almost $85 back.
Old 05-05-2010   #6

12V Company:
Do work
Position:
M.E.C.P certified

Rep Power: 0 tinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enoughtinctorus will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to tinctorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ţĥıπģ₣ıѕђ View Post
I have indeed tried. I am at a total loss to get what amounts to almost $85 back.
Shit I know 85 bucks to me right now would honestly make a WORLD of difference " that could be gas,food and other odds and ends I need"
tinctorus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010   #7

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 265 DS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that it was a deal solicited on this forum, that Mantz posted what he was going to do on this forum, and that Mantz has apparently either gone back on his word or negligently failed to adequately instruct his billing staff on how he wished an exceptional case to be handled, the OP is perfectly justified in posting here.

I would just middle-finger Mantz and dispute the charge with my credit card company.
DS-21 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010   #8

Rep Power: 155 Foglght will become famous soon enoughFoglght will become famous soon enoughFoglght will become famous soon enoughFoglght will become famous soon enoughFoglght will become famous soon enoughFoglght will become famous soon enough

Quote:
On a side note:

WTFBBQ is up with your user name?

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Foglght is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2010   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Sneetch

Rep Power: 202 Boostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-21 View Post
Considering that it was a deal solicited on this forum, that Mantz posted what he was going to do on this forum, and that Mantz has apparently either gone back on his word or negligently failed to adequately instruct his billing staff on how he wished an exceptional case to be handled, the OP is perfectly justified in posting here.

I would just middle-finger Mantz and dispute the charge with my credit card company.
Well said and I couldn't agree more. I've done business with Dave several times now and he's FAR from a difficult customer. So when it comes to this, then I have no doubt he's been getting the "short end of the stick" for far too long.

Sorry to hear that Steve hasn't made things right Dave. And I do hope that he will do so in short order.

Zach

Team Stereo Integrity member
Boostedrex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostedrex View Post
Well said and I couldn't agree more. I've done business with Dave several times now and he's FAR from a difficult customer. So when it comes to this, then I have no doubt he's been getting the "short end of the stick" for far too long.

Sorry to hear that Steve hasn't made things right Dave. And I do hope that he will do so in short order.

Zach

Thank you sir.
Old 05-06-2010   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough

From what I've seen/read, Mr. Mantz deserves all the bad press. If nothing more than to give the unwittting comsumer an example of how he conducts business.

IMO any Zed/Steve Mantz equipment based thread throughout this site should contain a link to the OP's review thread and this one.

(fittingly this smilie is written with only a 'z' )

Best of Luck Fishy...

Last edited by 2chGUY; 05-06-2010 at 03:53 AM..
2chGUY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2010   #12
OSN
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 660 OSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chGUY View Post
From what I've seen/read, Mr. Mantz deserves all the bad press. If nothing more than to give the unwittting comsumer an example of how he conducts business.
Try telling that to the huthuggers.

Car Audio Fiend in Remission | Car Mods Come First
OSN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

I know Steve is lurking.....
Old 05-17-2010   #14
OSN
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 660 OSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond reputeOSN has a reputation beyond repute

Dave,

It's personal now, and I doubt he will make good on what he promised out of spite. It's piss-poor business, but people don't think clearly when they are tweaked. I would never think of doing business with the man in fear that he would get upset with me and screw me over, regardless of public perception.

Old 05-17-2010   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 227 60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not worth the emotional stress of worrying about it imo,

$85 ?

let go of the bad energy and enjoy your life.

every time you think about this you risk your health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
bad contacts- main source of miracles in electricity.
60ndown is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60ndown View Post

$85 ?

I have been thinking about this quote over the day...

Ya know, I agree. I have moved onto bigger and better things,and others continue on a downward spiral.....

With all the crawlers and bots on this site, the word is out to the webs. And potential buyers of certain products may be swayed to skip certain brands.
Old 05-19-2010   #17

Rep Power: 136 undone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enoughundone1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinctorus View Post

I also agree that this should definitely be posted as to let any and everyone know if any kind of shadiness is going on with companies today, as long as there is proof of what is being said, man I hope the "great Zed" has not took this road intentionally.....
undone1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010   #18
OSN
DIYMA 500 Club

Intentionally? He more or less told Dave to screw himself on this very forum, posting his personal contact information for everyone to see and for google to archive. The great Zed has been a great d-bag.

Old 05-19-2010   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!

Inappropriate Thoughts

Rep Power: 1029 ChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond repute

All this controversy has made me want to buy an amplifier just to see what all the fuss is about. Granted, it will be a non-Zed amplifier, but I want to buy an amplifier just for the heck of it!

2019 WRX Limited with stock HK sound while iDatalink prepares the Maestro RR2 for the modern day Subaru

"Beware of the forum boner for it will screw you every time!"
ChrisB is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 946 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60ndown View Post

$85 ?

Well because it's 85 bucks, half my grocery bill. who said he's stressing?

I think Psychologist Luke's glass is half empty when looking at others emotions.. or his skull is twice as big as it needs to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
chad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 227 60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute60ndown has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
Well because it's 85 bucks, half my grocery bill. who said he's stressing?

I think Psychologist Luke's glass is half empty when looking at others emotions.. or his skull is twice as big as it needs to be
he posted because hes pissed, pissed = stress, stress often leads to health issues, health issues cost $$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
bad contacts- main source of miracles in electricity.
60ndown is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 946 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

I never saw where he said he was pissed, he just wants his money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
chad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 Stage7 will become famous soon enoughStage7 will become famous soon enoughStage7 will become famous soon enoughStage7 will become famous soon enoughStage7 will become famous soon enoughStage7 will become famous soon enough

Even if he decides to let the $85 go, he is doing the whole community a service for sharing his business experience with this person.

That allows all who reads it more information to process when deciding whether or not to do business with him.

"Why exactly do I need to hear you guys telling me all about the cheaper amps that do the "same job", when for me, clearly they don't?" (WRX/Z28)
Stage7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough2chGUY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage7 View Post
Even if he decides to let the $85 go, he is doing the whole community a service for sharing his business experience with this person.

That allows all who reads it more information to process when deciding whether or not to do business with him.
This guy seems to share your sentiment...

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ml#post1029473
2chGUY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 191 King Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enoughKing Nothing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
All this controversy has made me want to buy an amplifier just to see what all the fuss is about. Granted, it will be a non-Zed amplifier, but I want to buy an amplifier just for the heck of it!
You should buy some linear power amps. i hear the modded ones are real beasts that sound fantastic

disgusted..........
King Nothing is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread