awwww dude! - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2007   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 947 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Default awwww dude!

I was never a fan of wrestling, I just don't like other sweaty, smelly guys on top of me. I'm not homophobic, I have many gay friends and even had gay roommates for the record. I just don't like being touched by people I don't know why but it freaks me out…. BAD.

I was a competitive cyclist since the age of 12 (till a pinto sealed my fate) and was built like a fat burning brick shithouse. When younger I was incredibly strong and still hold high school weightlifting records in leg press and squat. The glory daze, gone, probably forever  The wrestling coach thought I would be a prime candidate for his team, I declined incessantly. One day we had PE required wrestling and of course to see what the lower-body powerhouse could do he paired me with his star state bound wrestler in my weight class. I totally freaked when pinned and went into fight or flight mode. I picked the first, head butted the guy a few times than proceeded to impale him with every limb of my body I could break free, even after standing. The state bound wrestler came out with a broken nose (head butts) and 2 broken ribs (kicks)......... Poor cat never saw it coming.

18 years later I read this.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2748372

And realize I was not wrong; it eases my mind, and guilt.

Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2007   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 Relax will become famous soon enoughRelax will become famous soon enoughRelax will become famous soon enoughRelax will become famous soon enoughRelax will become famous soon enoughRelax will become famous soon enough

Default Re: awwww dude!

That is soooo beyond gross I can't stand it....

And what pisses me off is that some stupid fuck has herpes and decideds to rub it on people. ick.

I went to a MN high school and skipped wrestling week...
Relax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2007   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 180 SQ_Bronco will become famous soon enoughSQ_Bronco will become famous soon enoughSQ_Bronco will become famous soon enoughSQ_Bronco will become famous soon enoughSQ_Bronco will become famous soon enoughSQ_Bronco will become famous soon enough

Wow. I started wrestling when I was 9, was a state champ in high school, and wrestling paid for my college in a roundabout way, and never heard of anything like this. Granted I "retired" in 98, but ringworm was about the worst thing you had to worry about then. There was always a full physical inspection at weigh-in to make sure you didn't have ringworm, but I only caught it one time in my career and that was at a week-long summer camp.

The fact that the school program actually was shut down due to ringworm in the past tells me that they probably did not follow basic hygeine standards- like mopping the mat with bleach after practice- that has to play a big factor too. If I was a parent of one of those kids, the wrestling coach would have a lawsuit on his hands.

BTW this outbreak is herpes 1 (cold sore herpes), not genital herpes, which is a apparently different:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes

(I never realized that 58% of americans have herpes 1 and 17% have genital herpes- that is amazing)

(final edit- the statistic "58%" above references this site, where the actual number is "50-80%"- guess that gets changed to "58%" for wikipedia purposes. lol.

"Don't eat that! It's Pluto!!!"

Last edited by SQ_Bronco; 01-31-2007 at 10:47 AM..
SQ_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2007   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 207 FoxPro5 will become famous soon enoughFoxPro5 will become famous soon enoughFoxPro5 will become famous soon enoughFoxPro5 will become famous soon enoughFoxPro5 will become famous soon enoughFoxPro5 will become famous soon enough

Sonofa...

The really odd thing about this is I went to Urgent Care two weeks ago to get an STD test!!! Long story short, I'm clean.

And yea, totally glad I skipped 'wresting day' as well.
FoxPro5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2007   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 947 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Squad
Sonofa...

The really odd thing about this is I went to Urgent Care two weeks ago to get an STD test!!! Long story short, I'm clean.

And yea, totally glad I skipped 'wresting day' as well.

Last year I had an incident with a nail going clear thur my foot and last month a pretty bad eye injury, both times they gave me an STD test too. I think it may be protocol now.

Chad

Quote:
Old 01-31-2007   #6

Rep Power: 166 rannalf will become famous soon enoughrannalf will become famous soon enoughrannalf will become famous soon enoughrannalf will become famous soon enoughrannalf will become famous soon enoughrannalf will become famous soon enough

Although I have never minded wrestling, boxing or other high contact sports, that is pretty gross. I assume that if you do it long enough you will probably experience something like this. Herpes S1 apparently isn't much of an issue (you or someone you are immediately related to almost definitely has it). Wrestlers and the like can also contract staph infections of the skin which typically aren't dangerous, but are nasty looking and somewhat irritating. I guess I'm lucky that now I don't have to worry about getting anything via skin contact unless my wife or kids have it
rannalf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2007   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 177 solacedagony will become famous soon enoughsolacedagony will become famous soon enoughsolacedagony will become famous soon enoughsolacedagony will become famous soon enoughsolacedagony will become famous soon enoughsolacedagony will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to solacedagony Send a message via AIM to solacedagony Send a message via MSN to solacedagony

I heard about that on the news. I'm also an ex-wrestler, although I now enjoy grappling/jiu jitsu/kickboxing on the side. I can honestly say that I love the sport. It's fun, and I guess since I was brought up with it, it's no way homophobic. I agree, it is disgusting and you really need to be sanitary. The mats or wrestling areas really need to be sanitized after every use or you risk chance of spreading germs.
solacedagony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2007   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

My roomate in college and I used to wrestle all the time, just to solve an argument....... But he's been my best friend since second grade It's just a "people I don't know.... all over me phobia" Kinda brings out the animal. Don't care for it too much.

Chad

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement