Old School Showoff Thread - Page 101 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010   #2501
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 rsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Old School Showoff Thread

I think this is old school enough for me...

Sony CDX-U8000RDS Still working at my garage

Alpine CDA-7944R One of the best sounding Alpines made until today

If you´re old school you will remember this one... For me the best ever Alpine in all aspects (sound, design, technology).

Why dont Alpine or Pioneer make some limited editions of these models today? I bet they would sell like mad.
rsrocha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010   #2502
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 rsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enoughrsrocha will become famous soon enough

I miss this knob so much!!!!!!

rsrocha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010   #2503
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Rep Power: 157 MACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enough

The elusive Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 chrome Terminator Edition. Sorry for the crappy pics. I had already put the amp away before I realized they sucked .

I've heard rumors of 100 or less with this commemorative silk screen to honor Wayne Harris, but never been able to confirm how many were actually made. I do know very few Power 1000 chrome have "Terminator Edition" on them.

"I say stay long enough to repay all who caused strife." Layne Staley
MACS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010   #2504
DAT

Banned

Rep Power: 0 DAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond reputeDAT has a reputation beyond repute

MACs when I win the lottery can I come visit you and write a check for a lot of your goodies?

A few Macs, Denon's and a some other stuff?
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010   #2505
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Rep Power: 157 MACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT View Post
MACs when I win the lottery can I come visit you and write a check for a lot of your goodies?

A few Macs, Denon's and a some other stuff?
Will trade for beer

Old 08-31-2010   #2506
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 117 howlndog will become famous soon enoughhowlndog will become famous soon enoughhowlndog will become famous soon enoughhowlndog will become famous soon enoughhowlndog will become famous soon enoughhowlndog will become famous soon enough

Kijiji find: Soundstream Van Gogh VGA320.4 and VGA400.2, $150.00 for the pair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg soundstream1.jpg (65.6 KB, 68 views)
howlndog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010   #2507
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 ReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enoughReloadedSS will become famous soon enough

Yep, those Alpines (7944R and 7939) were pretty sweet.

Lots of gear here on the sidelines, it would appear.
ReloadedSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010   #2508

Rep Power: 146 Louisiana_CRX will become famous soon enoughLouisiana_CRX will become famous soon enoughLouisiana_CRX will become famous soon enoughLouisiana_CRX will become famous soon enoughLouisiana_CRX will become famous soon enoughLouisiana_CRX will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to Louisiana_CRX

Louisiana_CRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010   #2509
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 haakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enough

Got some new (well, old ) amps not too long ago. a pair of Zed audio produced Hifonics Gen X amps, a Samson and a Venus

And a pair of really old school amps, a Soundstream D200II and a D100II. I have a couple of questions about those that maybe some of you could help me with? Firstly, when were these on the market? Am I right in thinking end of 80s, early 90s? Anyone have the exact years of manufacture? Also, they are different colors, the D200II is blue and the D100II is grey/gunmetal almost. It looks blueish in the picture but its not. Anyone know why? Different years maybe?

Also, a white Audiocontrol EQL, even if it is like 15 years old, I see they still sell them new

haakono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010   #2510
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 RyanM923 will become famous soon enoughRyanM923 will become famous soon enoughRyanM923 will become famous soon enoughRyanM923 will become famous soon enoughRyanM923 will become famous soon enoughRyanM923 will become famous soon enough

Ryan A. Miskin - owner or RAM Designs
RAM Designs: Your Source for Quality Box Plans
1500+ designs since March 2011
RyanM923 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010   #2511
Guy
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 173 Guy will become famous soon enoughGuy will become famous soon enoughGuy will become famous soon enoughGuy will become famous soon enoughGuy will become famous soon enoughGuy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by haakono View Post

And a pair of really old school amps, a Soundstream D200II and a D100II. I have a couple of questions about those that maybe some of you could help me with? Firstly, when were these on the market? Am I right in thinking end of 80s, early 90s? Anyone have the exact years of manufacture? Also, they are different colors, the D200II is blue and the D100II is grey/gunmetal almost. It looks blueish in the picture but its not. Anyone know why? Different years maybe?
Those were produced in the early 90s. You can contact Ace956 (Wade Stewart) here on DIYMA for specific info as he is the engineer who designed those amps.
It's common to see different shades of blue on those amps, I have a number of them that have never been exposed to the elements and some are darker than others. But also if the amp has been exposed to light the anodizing will lighten up.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010   #2512
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 haakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enoughhaakono will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Those were produced in the early 90s. You can contact Ace956 (Wade Stewart) here on DIYMA for specific info as he is the engineer who designed those amps.
It's common to see different shades of blue on those amps, I have a number of them that have never been exposed to the elements and some are darker than others. But also if the amp has been exposed to light the anodizing will lighten up.
Ok, thanks I'll send him a message, I also have an original (us-made) Davinci that is missing a couple of speaker terminal screws, maybe he knows where I possibly could get some
haakono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010   #2513
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 184 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACS View Post
The elusive Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 chrome Terminator Edition. Sorry for the crappy pics. I had already put the amp away before I realized they sucked .

I've heard rumors of 100 or less with this commemorative silk screen to honor Wayne Harris, but never been able to confirm how many were actually made. I do know very few Power 1000 chrome have "Terminator Edition" on them.

These are from a little bit "before my time", but I gotta say: That is a nice-looking amp. My only objection is the lettering, really. If it was logo-less, it would look like a serious piece of machinery, which is what it is
HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010   #2514
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondAudio View Post
These are from a little bit "before my time", but I gotta say: That is a nice-looking amp. My only objection is the lettering, really. If it was logo-less, it would look like a serious piece of machinery, which is what it is
It was/is a serious piece of equipment with an equally serious price. Retail was over $2000.00 on them back in the day. Not exactly a small amp at 23 inches long.

Old 09-05-2010   #2515
Upgrade Your Membership!

jtaudioacc

12V Company:
JT Audio & Accessories
Position:
Owner/Installer/Janitor

Rep Power: 141 jtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It was/is a serious piece of equipment with an equally serious price. Retail was over $2000.00 on them back in the day. Not exactly a small amp at 23 inches long.
I'm not sure if all the chrome Power 1000's with the meters were the Terminator edition or not. Anyone know? They were definitely the smaller versions, without that extra end piece they once had. I just remember seeing the Terminator after Wayne started working at Rockford and having 6? of these amps in the hearse. I had to have a couple after that! lol

One of the many unfinished systems I had. Nice Sir Mix A Lot CD in the bed. LOL

jtaudioacc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010   #2516
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaudioacc View Post
I'm not sure if all the chrome Power 1000's with the meters were the Terminator edition or not. Anyone know? They were definitely the smaller versions, without that extra end piece they once had. I just remember seeing the Terminator after Wayne started working at Rockford and having 6? of these amps in the hearse. I had to have a couple after that! lol

One of the many unfinished systems I had. Nice Sir Mix A Lot CD in the bed. LOL
Wayne modified the original Power 1000 that had the caboose. He cut off the caboose(wiring cover) and put meters in it. Rockford then got the idea to make a production version, by deleting the caboose and installing meters.

Not all of the Power 1000c with meters had "Terminator Edition" on them. Most said "Hand Crafted In USA" at the bottom. Ampguts.com has a picture of a regular Power 1000c with meters. Basically the same amp, just with different silk screening. The T-editions are seldom seen, but most people refer to all Power 1000c w/meters as T-editions not realizing some were silk screened differently.

Old 09-05-2010   #2517
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 119 amungal will become famous soon enoughamungal will become famous soon enoughamungal will become famous soon enoughamungal will become famous soon enoughamungal will become famous soon enoughamungal will become famous soon enough

Wow, talk about memories... I love this thread!
amungal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010   #2518
Upgrade Your Membership!

jtaudioacc

12V Company:
JT Audio & Accessories
Position:
Owner/Installer/Janitor

Rep Power: 141 jtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura aboutjtaudioacc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Wayne modified the original Power 1000 that had the caboose. He cut off the caboose(wiring cover) and put meters in it. Rockford then got the idea to make a production version, by deleting the caboose and installing meters.

Not all of the Power 1000c with meters had "Terminator Edition" on them. Most said "Handcrafted In USA" at the bottom. Ampguts.com has a picture of a regular Power 1000c with meters. Basically the same amp, just with different silk screening. The T-editions are seldom seen.
OIC, I highly doubt mine were the Terminator edition, I sure I would have remembered that. I don't have any close up pictures to verify anyway.

jtaudioacc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010   #2519
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 184 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

Quote:
In adjusted dollars... that's a lot of money
HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2010   #2520
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 starboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished road

i just drooled a little over those rockfords.

my new toy

currently it has to go into for repair. the analog inputs aren't working. However full optical is ok.

Chris
system for sale.

Last edited by starboy869; 09-05-2010 at 11:48 PM..
starboy869 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010   #2521
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Hygrade Auto Sound
Position:
Fitter

Rep Power: 142 Shaheenk will become famous soon enoughShaheenk will become famous soon enoughShaheenk will become famous soon enoughShaheenk will become famous soon enoughShaheenk will become famous soon enoughShaheenk will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Shaheenk

Hey bud

I have one of those, it's not the analogs are not working, that unit has to be used with one of 2 headunits, the 3900 or the 7618 , they both have a switch at the bottom which allows the unit to work. it will NOT work on any other alpine headunit.....

I had the original paperwork from Alpine UK to confirm this as well....very sweet units, virtually no noise but very little output.
Shaheenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010   #2522
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 starboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished road

Well that blows

I should just sell a few things and go with a p01 and call it a day.

Chris
system for sale.
starboy869 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010   #2523
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 emrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enough

Not trying to be elitist, but what is the definition of Old School. A date? Seems anything that would be oldschool needs to be at least 10 years old. In addition, as a Rockford fan, I have a tough time calling anything but Punch two knob amps as a punch.
Just my two cents.

Yes, I keep meaning to scan in my photos, but I'm lazy...

Ed

I run a mail order aquarium products business. If you want the hook up PM me.
emrliquidlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010   #2524
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 220 sqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the roughsqshoestring is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife View Post
Not trying to be elitist, but what is the definition of Old School. A date? Seems anything that would be oldschool needs to be at least 10 years old. In addition, as a Rockford fan, I have a tough time calling anything but Punch two knob amps as a punch.
Just my two cents.

Yes, I keep meaning to scan in my photos, but I'm lazy...

Ed
For me something like 1993 give or take. After that many of the amps were cheapened up and/or went Asian.

Pioneer 880PRS~boston comps/alpine coax on Kappa 4 Z~back to Alpine mrd-m500 v12 on pyle 15s IB. But now have a new car, this will take a while to figure out.
sqshoestring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010   #2525
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Cutra
Position:
president

Rep Power: 162 cutra will become famous soon enoughcutra will become famous soon enoughcutra will become famous soon enoughcutra will become famous soon enoughcutra will become famous soon enoughcutra will become famous soon enough

I would say anything older than 1995. so 15 years or older.
cutra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement