Old School Showoff Thread - Page 12 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008   #276

Importer / Exporter

Default Re: Old School Showoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
I'm pretty sure Jim founded Fosgate and partnered with or bought out by Rockford. I've seen numerous pics of pre-Rockford, Fosgate amps and pre-amps.
Go back through this thread and look at pics posted by tomtomjr... he has about 50 pre Rockford... Fosgates. The real old school Fosgate.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008   #277
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 El-Akeem will become famous soon enoughEl-Akeem will become famous soon enoughEl-Akeem will become famous soon enoughEl-Akeem will become famous soon enoughEl-Akeem will become famous soon enoughEl-Akeem will become famous soon enough

http://www.rockfordcorp.com/companyinfo/rockford.asp
El-Akeem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008   #278
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 elvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enough

Just picked this up today, i dont think you really can get anything in better condition. Let the oldschool amp collection begin!

Seattle WA -2001 PT Cruiser- Pioneer 960MP, JL 1000/1,300/2, Soundstream 550, VC100 Tweets, Dayton RS1000, RS225, JVC CS-AW8240, Audiocontrol EQT
elvisjer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008   #279
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 chijioke penny will become famous soon enoughchijioke penny will become famous soon enoughchijioke penny will become famous soon enoughchijioke penny will become famous soon enoughchijioke penny will become famous soon enoughchijioke penny will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisjer View Post
Just picked this up today, i dont think you really can get anything in better condition. Let the oldschool amp collection begin!
are you showing off the 70's shirt or amp

J/K nice SS amp
chijioke penny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2008   #280
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 elvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enoughelvisjer will become famous soon enough

Hey im an Interior Design Major, i gotz to dress like this! I have to ride that line between insane and genius...otherwise you end up having to only buy Dual brand audio from then on. It was in a textbook i believe. If you ever shop at Tommy Bahama and enjoy the looks of the store, you can thank me

Seattle WA -2001 PT Cruiser- Pioneer 960MP, JL 1000/1,300/2, Soundstream 550, VC100 Tweets, Dayton RS1000, RS225, JVC CS-AW8240, Audiocontrol EQT
Old 10-11-2008   #281

Importer / Exporter

VSE Quantum FTW!!!! I've got about three of those and two or three Derringer II's... those are from a day when car security was serious.

I really wish they hadn't gone out of business!!
Old 10-11-2008   #282
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Rep Power: 167 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to WRX/Z28

Quote:

The only way for it to be in better condition is... Yep, new in the box with the factory tape uncut.

I'm a soundstream Addict lately. You can see (2) MC300's there, an MC140, MC245, ClassA100II, (2) D100II, (2) Ref1000s, Ref500sx, (4) Ref300 and (2) Ref200.

That's just the Soundstreams. I'll pull out the Zed's next.
WRX/Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008   #283
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 140 tomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX/Z28 View Post
The only way for it to be in better condition is... Yep, new in the box with the factory tape uncut.
I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I pulled out some Harrisons that have been taped up new in the box for about 12 years. I opened them, and all the chrome was starting to peel. Better off to check what is inside and make sure moisture hasn't gotten to them, or ???

-classic car audio collector-
-former audio repair tech-
tomtomjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008   #284
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Rep Power: 167 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomjr View Post
I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I pulled out some Harrisons that have been taped up new in the box for about 12 years. I opened them, and all the chrome was starting to peel. Better off to check what is inside and make sure moisture hasn't gotten to them, or ???
Notice the other one is opened next to it? Still mint.
Old 10-11-2008   #285
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 140 tomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX/Z28 View Post
Notice the other one is opened next to it? Still mint.
Just a suggestion...
When I opened up the Harrisons, there were 3 mint, one slightly peeled chrome, and one was really peeled. I am guessing the one on with the really peeled chrome somehow got moisture to it. But all 5 were sealed, new in box... Boxes showed no signs of any problems. Unsure if it was moisture, or what happened. Could have just been a bad chrome job from the factory.

Old 10-11-2008   #286
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 nakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enough

Whos got these in a box,sealed?.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg enzosaul zapcoz220 and mystery if you know.jpg (42.1 KB, 258 views)
nakamichidenon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008   #287

Importer / Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichidenon View Post
I love the paint on that SS... did it come that way?
Old 10-11-2008   #288
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 nakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enoughnakamichidenon will become famous soon enough

ssssshhhhhhh im waiting for the soundstream junkies to reveal the answer on this one...did it come like this or was it done.....hahahah....well i bought it like this...Truth be told.... now do you have one of these in the box sealed?... y or no....hahah....peace...
Old 10-11-2008   #289
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
Quote:
ssssshhhhhhh im waiting for the soundstream junkies to reveal the answer on this one...did it come like this or was it done.....hahahah....well i bought it like this...Truth be told.... now do you have one of these in the box sealed?... y or no....hahah....peace...
I'd say it was painted. If it was original, it would have the soundstream writing on it, no? Cool paint job though... You should be able to tell by removing the bottom plate, unless they took the time to paint the inside too....
Old 10-11-2008   #290
DIYMA 500 Club

Are we civilized now/? Good.... Yes i believe it was painted....missing a screw on each side... very smooth though...from a distance it looks all scratched up from the top..Im not going to bother opening it but you right....i believe it would say mc 300 soundstream blah blah
Old 10-11-2008   #291
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Quote:
Are we civilized now/? Good.... Yes i believe it was painted....missing a screw on each side... very smooth though...from a distance it looks all scratched up from the top..Im not going to bother opening it but you right....i believe it would say mc 300 soundstream blah blah
Eh... civilized?

heheheh.....
Old 10-11-2008   #292
CRD
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 141 CRD will become famous soon enoughCRD will become famous soon enoughCRD will become famous soon enoughCRD will become famous soon enoughCRD will become famous soon enoughCRD will become famous soon enough

I found more pictures of some of my old car equipment, this was 10 years ago 1997-1998

Splash Neon 604 amp, I don't even know if they were good or not, but they sounded VERY GOOD

My first in dash monitor, this was when 5.6" LCD monitors cost more than $500 10 years ago, bought this one on parts express. This was connected to a house DVD with a DC/AC converter, Also shown is a Pioneer Head Unit when they came out with OEL display.

OLD uggly Sony HU and the Simpsons playing from a 12v VCR.

Not that old US Acoustics amps bought them in I guess it was 2002-03, these are the only ones that I still have. For Sale too hehe

2005 Ford Ranger Edge (new project)

TEAM HQJ "Hay Que Joderse"
CRD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008   #293
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 166 fcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enoughfcarpio will become famous soon enough

Talking Re: Old School Showoff Thread

Nice shirt there man!!!

fcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008   #294
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 261 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
Nope. SSs only ever came in blue/teal-ish colors depending on the generation and line.

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2008   #295
DIYMA 500 Club

These are a little hard to find new anymore. Would like more. Maybe someone on here will know of a stash in Germany (like the LP stash found recently).

Old 10-12-2008   #296
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
PimpMySound
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 132 PimpMySound will become famous soon enoughPimpMySound will become famous soon enoughPimpMySound will become famous soon enoughPimpMySound will become famous soon enoughPimpMySound will become famous soon enoughPimpMySound will become famous soon enough

Distribution of Zapco in Germany started in the early 90s, I have never seen these old ones here.
PimpMySound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008   #297

Importer / Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Nope. SSs only ever came in blue/teal-ish colors depending on the generation and line.
That's what I thought. Of course I had never seen those Charles Weiland Orions before either... so I second guessed myself.

That SS looks really good... makes me want to custom paint something!!
Old 10-12-2008   #298

Importer / Exporter

[/QUOTE]

That's awesome!! Hand written serial number FTW!! Now that's OLD SCHOOL!!
Old 10-12-2008   #299
DIYMA 500 Club

You never know, i may be willing to trade that shirt for the right amps...

Old 10-12-2008   #300
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Quote:
You never know, i may be willing to trade that shirt for the right amps...
Yeah, but would you be willing to burn it for free?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement