Old School Showoff Thread - Page 15 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008   #351
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
caohyde audio
Position:
installer

Rep Power: 174 caohyde will become famous soon enoughcaohyde will become famous soon enoughcaohyde will become famous soon enoughcaohyde will become famous soon enoughcaohyde will become famous soon enoughcaohyde will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Old School Showoff Thread

okay... so i'm a old school nut. just read through the whole thing... wait a minute, i think i wet my pants. lol cool gear guys! i wish i had even a tenth of what you guys have.

<-- mah baby's in tha shop -->
caohyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008   #352
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 lust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enough

Anyone check Epay lately? It should be re-named "Sell your stuff for peanuts."

Anyone in need of gear that has a bit of cash to spend, should capitalize now. People are giving things away.

I used to buy and sell on Ebay, made a nice profit. Now I can't even give the stuff away. I think I'll just keep buying.

Is this going to be the trend for the next few years, what with the recession and all? Or is it the calm before the Holiday storm?

Buy now, wait 3 weeks then sell?

What do you guys think?
lust4sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008   #353
Upgrade Your Membership!

Inappropriate Thoughts

Rep Power: 1031 ChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond reputeChrisB has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I have been burned royally on e-Gay. Three out of THREE old school amp purchases were BAD. The last one was a total hack job and I will NOT buy another old school amp on e-Gay!

2019 WRX Limited with stock HK sound while iDatalink prepares the Maestro RR2 for the modern day Subaru

"Beware of the forum boner for it will screw you every time!"
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008   #354
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 lust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enough

I have so much Old School gear that I was going to list on Epay, was hoping to reap a nice chunk of change. Anyone check Epay lately? It should be re-named "Sell your stuff for peanuts." I will NOT be selling anything on there at this time..

Anyone in need of gear that has a bit of cash to spend, should capitalize now. People are giving things away over there.

I used to buy and sell on Ebay, made a nice profit. Now I can't even give the stuff away. I think I'll just keep buying.

Is this going to be the trend for the next few years, what with the recession and all? Or is it the calm before the Holiday storm?

Buy now, wait 3 weeks then sell?

What do you guys think?

BTW, check the classifieds section in here. I am looking to sell/trade lot's of good quality Old School amps in exchange for processing, EQ's, mids and tweets. Anyone interested in trading up some gear, look me up..

Eggz.
Old 11-22-2008   #355
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 W8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the roughW8 a minute is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4sound View Post
I have so much Old School gear that I was going to list on Epay, was hoping to reap a nice chunk of change. Anyone check Epay lately? It should be re-named "Sell your stuff for peanuts." I will NOT be selling anything on there at this time..
I remember when eBay was like a garage sale and you could find good bargains. Then came all the people looking to make a profit and eBay went to shit. The obvious schill bidding and seeing the same equipment bought and sold over and over, each time at a higher price drove away most of the real buyers. You would see an amp sell and the next week it was relisted by the winning bidder of the previous auction but this time at a higher price. Old school was hot for awhile because it was nice to pick up the equipment you once loved at a decent price. But greed killed it and just like the housing market that bubble has busted. It might come back but it's hard to say when. The recent gas scare and job loss made many people rethink their priorities permanently. No reason to put a stereo in a car you can barely afford to drive.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

With proper thrust pigs fly just fine.

Last edited by W8 a minute; 11-22-2008 at 02:23 PM..
W8 a minute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008   #356
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 starboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished road

Plus it's just before christmas and nothing is selling for a decent price. I have some stuff to sell but I'm going wait til spring.
starboy869 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008   #357

Importer / Exporter

I've got some killer deals on stuff off eBay lately, things that had been selling for twice what I am paying for them now a year ago... Hopefully the world won't fall completely apart and I have to sell them for half of what I payed for them...
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008   #358
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboy869 View Post
Plus it's just before christmas and nothing is selling for a decent price. I have some stuff to sell but I'm going wait til spring.
I always found that in late Nov, early Dec, stuff sold for good money on Ebay. Methinks it won't be the same this year.

I think I'll list what I have in the hopes that people in here will have what I need, can work out trades that will prove mutually beneficial.

I have nice amps, among other things, will trade for processors, mids and highs, subs.

I have a pair of JL Audio 12W7's, looking for something equivalent or better to match my amps. As it stands, the JL's are sort of a mismatch for the amplification that I have.

Anyone have 4 killer 10's to trade for amps? SQL types, serious excursion, work well in sealed or vented, Dual 2 ohm VC's, low FS, with 1000 RMS capability each?
Old 11-22-2008   #359
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 146 TXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enoughTXwrxWagon will become famous soon enough

I've got a WANT to FIND request:

An original Blitz-Safe, motorized steel case. Single DIN, preferrably one with the door that folds DOWN.. but up can work (no they can't just be installed upside down without mods).

If anyone knows of one, PM me!

Rob
TXwrxWagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008   #360
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 137 kh971 will become famous soon enoughkh971 will become famous soon enoughkh971 will become famous soon enoughkh971 will become famous soon enoughkh971 will become famous soon enoughkh971 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=badlieu;425739]All I have is this guy -

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Hafler_MSE88tn/[/QUOTE

Man that is getting old, wish I could find some of my old original punch pictures with M&M Godfather Subwoofers.
kh971 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008   #361
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 184 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to HondAudio

Speaking of Phoenix Gold, what was the model number/name of that device they had that could turn on 10 processors with a delay between each one?
HondAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008   #362
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 jearhart will become famous soon enoughjearhart will become famous soon enoughjearhart will become famous soon enoughjearhart will become famous soon enoughjearhart will become famous soon enoughjearhart will become famous soon enough

here are my studios.

2004 Honda Civic -> Rainbow Cal 27s, Scan Speak 12m , Thiel 9" midbass, 2x AE 15"
2x Zapco studio 300x, 2x Zapco studio 500, 2x Zapco Dsp-6 -> ALL Matt R. modified
jearhart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2008   #363
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 139 baggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jearhart View Post
here are my studios.

Two 500's -Wow.

Is that a 300x that doesn't have the lable on it?

Mine

Zapco Studio amps, DLS, Hertz, FI
baggedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008   #364
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 starboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished road

I would love to get my hands on an old coustic 160u. I have the 162u, 360u, & 460u however the 160u was my first. :P

Chris
system for sale.
Old 12-04-2008   #365
DIYMA 500 Club

Not the greatest picture, but some of my stuff.

In the back

PPI ProArt 100, a1200.2 shell (minty fresh)

2nd from the rear

DEQ 230 shroud, DEQ 230 (NIB), ACM Noise gate (NIB), My POS PPI ProArt 100

3rd from the rear

DEQ 230 & shroud (w/o the box), FRX 456 shroud (frx on the way), EPX 223 & shroud, Ax400 shell (custom links in the future)

Front Row

PMQ 210 (dead channel), 3", 1", 3" spacers, and my A200.2 (factory watercooled), and a Dead A200 (friggin ebay)

and now for something a little imported

PPI PASS Limited Editions which I never can get a decent picture of

A600.2 (old store stock BINB), A600.2

A600.2 shell, A300.2

BTW These hate water and will ruin the finish. I found out the hard way.

Chris
system for sale.

Last edited by starboy869; 12-04-2008 at 05:28 PM..
Old 12-04-2008   #366

Importer / Exporter

Quote:
Those gold ones are sweet!!
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008   #367
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 184 HondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enoughHondAudio will become famous soon enough

Quote:

You wanna sell any of that?
Old 12-04-2008   #368
DIYMA 500 Club

What are you looking for? Some of that stuff I might be willing to let go.
Old 12-05-2008   #369
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
What are you looking for? Some of that stuff I might be willing to let go.
I'm kinda interested in those 3" spacers. I might not have to use as much TechFlex :P
Old 12-05-2008   #370
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Buh Jet SQ-111 will become famous soon enoughBuh Jet SQ-111 will become famous soon enoughBuh Jet SQ-111 will become famous soon enoughBuh Jet SQ-111 will become famous soon enoughBuh Jet SQ-111 will become famous soon enoughBuh Jet SQ-111 will become famous soon enough

man that polished ref blew my mind until i saw the a/d/s/ sub! my r12s just went into the back room and blew it's brains out, hahahah
Buh Jet SQ-111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2008   #371
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondAudio View Post
I'm kinda interested in those 3" spacers. I might not have to use as much TechFlex :P
The spacers could be for sale except the 1". Since I'm going the PASS route it would be a shame to sandblast fairly mint spacers.

I'll send you a pm

pm

Chris
system for sale.
Old 12-06-2008   #372

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 183 smgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondAudio View Post
Speaking of Phoenix Gold, what was the model number/name of that device they had that could turn on 10 processors with a delay between each one?
The DD10 for the 10
and the DD5 for the 5

Clarion and OS LANZAR Collector.
smgreen20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2008   #373
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 135 cyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enoughcyber5-0 will become famous soon enough

I'm building an old school system. You interested in selling any of the PPI amps? PM me if so! Thanks!!!

Quote:

Not the greatest picture, but some of my stuff.

In the back

PPI ProArt 100, a1200.2 shell (minty fresh)

2nd from the rear

DEQ 230 shroud, DEQ 230 (NIB), ACM Noise gate (NIB), My POS PPI ProArt 100

3rd from the rear

DEQ 230 & shroud (w/o the box), FRX 456 shroud (frx on the way), EPX 223 & shroud, Ax400 shell (custom links in the future)

Front Row

PMQ 210 (dead channel), 3", 1", 3" spacers, and my A200.2 (factory watercooled), and a Dead A200 (friggin ebay)

and now for something a little imported

PPI PASS Limited Editions which I never can get a decent picture of

A600.2 (old store stock BINB), A600.2

A600.2 shell, A300.2

cyber5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008   #374

Rep Power: 0 syd-monster will become famous soon enoughsyd-monster will become famous soon enoughsyd-monster will become famous soon enoughsyd-monster will become famous soon enoughsyd-monster will become famous soon enoughsyd-monster will become famous soon enough

bump...

for my fav thread on DIY
syd-monster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008   #375
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 178 murphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enoughmurphman will become famous soon enough

Default OS Furi goodness.....

Here's my cntribution- Front Stage Amps- there are a total of 8 in the collection- will get the rest out of storage- 1-hq2100,3hq2200,2ha2300,2ha2500.These amps still outdo 90% of what we play with today imho. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new 124.jpg (59.5 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg new 123.jpg (70.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg new 122.jpg (86.0 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by murphman; 12-21-2008 at 09:03 PM..
murphman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement