Old School Showoff Thread - Page 151 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011   #3751
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 173 TrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Old School Showoff Thread

Nice punch's you got there.

We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what its worth. -Terence McKenna.
TrickyRicky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2011   #3752
Upgrade Your Membership!

Keepin' It Old School

12V Company:
OldSchoolStereo
Position:
Owner/Operator/Chief Architect

Rep Power: 123 bigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the rough

^^ Thanks, TR..

Here is some more Fosgate "bling". Sorry, I didn't take the time to setup my lights, those who don't know, chrome and gold are VERY difficult to photograph.

Chrome XV-1 2-way X-over:

Gold Plated OEQ-1 EQ (missing some screws, I know...):

See my Youtube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/bigdwiz. Lots of demo videos of Old School Car audio, amplifier tests and more!
bigdwiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2011   #3753
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 129 deodkid will become famous soon enoughdeodkid will become famous soon enoughdeodkid will become famous soon enoughdeodkid will become famous soon enoughdeodkid will become famous soon enoughdeodkid will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
Very nice Autotek, could you post some gut pics or should I got to ampguts and look for it, lol.
here it goes..

deodkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011   #3754

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 smgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enough

Just think, if these amps were redesigned today by ZED how much cleaner the sound could be????? I look at the internals of some of these amps and think NOISY, seeing all of those jumpers in there.
smgreen20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011   #3755
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Rep Power: 152 MACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enough

Here's some old school Japan.

Marantz SA-250

"I say stay long enough to repay all who caused strife." Layne Staley
MACS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011   #3756
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Rep Power: 152 MACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enoughMACS will become famous soon enough

A couple of early Furi JS 150 A.

If anyone has specs or any old advertisements for these, I would appreciate a copy .

Old 07-21-2011   #3757
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
ADP
Position:
Consultant/Tech

Rep Power: 101 RFVega will become famous soon enoughRFVega will become famous soon enoughRFVega will become famous soon enoughRFVega will become famous soon enoughRFVega will become famous soon enoughRFVega will become famous soon enough

Wink Re: Old School Showoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdwiz View Post
Chrome XV-1 2-way X-over:

Still faithfully run the XV-1 (original black)

Rockford Fosgate Vintage Old School Fanatic! The Punch with a Passion for Performance!
Cerwin Vega! Turn it Up! Since 1954.. The Original Bass!
It is better to be safe than sorry.. Invest in a alarm!
RFVega is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011   #3758
Upgrade Your Membership!

Keepin' It Old School

12V Company:
OldSchoolStereo
Position:
Owner/Operator/Chief Architect

Rep Power: 123 bigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the roughbigdwiz is a jewel in the rough

^^RFVega, I thought you might approve of those. Hey, I'm hoping to get that Punch 150 (pre HD) on the bench in the next few days. I'm interested to see what it will do, but based on the 1st gen and HD series, I think we have a good idea...

---

See my Youtube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/bigdwiz. Lots of demo videos of Old School Car audio, amplifier tests and more!
bigdwiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011   #3759
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 144 slowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enoughslowsedan01 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to slowsedan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACS View Post
A couple of early Furi JS 150 A.

If anyone has specs or any old advertisements for these, I would appreciate a copy .

That is some old old Furi. I think those were custom made for J&S Soundlab. Those pre-date the FA and HA lines which I am more familiar with.
slowsedan01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011   #3760

Importer / Exporter

I tried to look them up for him a while back and I found NOTHING on them anywhere in all of the magazine resources I have. I went all the way back to 84 in the old Audio - Car Stereo Edition directories and found nada.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011   #3761
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
I tried to look them up for him a while back and I found NOTHING on them anywhere in all of the magazine resources I have. I went all the way back to 84 in the old Audio - Car Stereo Edition directories and found nada.

Jason,

I know you spent a lot of time searching for these in your literature. I really appreciate that effort and all of the other times you've helped me out. Rep to you .

The ONLY thing I have ever found about these Furi amps was a poster listed for sale on Ebay. Definitely the same amp as mine. The seller said he got the poster in the early 1990's.

Old 07-21-2011   #3762
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 160 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACS View Post
Jason,

I know you spent a lot of time searching for these in your literature. I really appreciate that effort and all of the other times you've helped me out. Rep to you .

The ONLY thing I have ever found about these Furi amps was a poster listed for sale on Ebay. Definitely the same amp as mine. The seller said he got the poster in the early 1990's.

Very nice!

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011   #3763
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 173 TrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to beholdTrickyRicky is a splendid one to behold

Did you get that Marantz SA-250 re-capped MAC? Looks like it (xicon) caps?

We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what its worth. -Terence McKenna.
TrickyRicky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011   #3764
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Classic cars & McIntosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickyRicky View Post
Did you get that Marantz SA-250 re-capped MAC? Looks like it (xicon) caps?
They are Shoei caps. As far as I know the SA-250 is untouched.

Old 07-22-2011   #3765
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 Mighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalaxy View Post
One of these days I will dig in the closet and take pics of my entire old school Alpine collection.

I pulled this out the other day to show off to a friend and thought I would share.

Even Still have an Old Speed of sound CD
Always wanted one of these...

Last edited by schmiddr2; 07-24-2011 at 08:21 PM..
Mighty Noid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011   #3766
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 Mighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enoughMighty Noid will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I just realized I'm being ignorant. This is, after all, an old school showoff thread, and I forgot to contribute. Here's my prized OEQs. I could kick the guy who owned the bottom one before me, since he cut the wires. I really like these. Probably because of my memories of that Punch Van...

And my collection of later KEF parts... I think these qualify as "old school"... barely:

Its a real survivor. Externally perfect, inside the fan and output wires needed to be replaced. Freeman's took care of it.
I love those Kef's!!!! Wish I still had the three pair that I had...
Old 07-22-2011   #3767
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineJuba View Post
I had two of these...
Old 07-22-2011   #3768
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 144 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Pics or it never happened.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011   #3769
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 103 Bugstyvy is on a distinguished roadBugstyvy is on a distinguished road

RODEK RA2150, RA280, RA250, RA220
Bugstyvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011   #3770
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 246 jbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond reputejbreddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugstyvy View Post

RODEK RA2150, RA280, RA250, RA220
Nice
jbreddawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011   #3771
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 184 trojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustjason View Post
May / June 1991 - Automotive Audio Newsletter - Orion XTR 15 DVC

I remember the old Orion newsletters with a cut sheet for a different woofer each issue....nice find
trojan fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011   #3772
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 184 trojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineJuba View Post
7618 was the flagship of the "Digital Max" in the early 90's. It can natively control the 3362 DSP/EQ, the 3900 DAC, or the 3681 Time Delay Crossover. It is a pullout.
A pullout...nice
trojan fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2011   #3773
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 sirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enough

Here's a pair of SS Reference 12's I just bought from an old friend.

Aside from a little dust, they're in awesome shape. Can't wait to hear them.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...1&d=1311454113
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_3450.jpg (65.2 KB, 43 views)
sirvent_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011   #3774
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 104 kilostoys will become famous soon enoughkilostoys will become famous soon enoughkilostoys will become famous soon enoughkilostoys will become famous soon enoughkilostoys will become famous soon enoughkilostoys will become famous soon enough

ok pics, finally:

type-r 2-way crossover

RF XLC 12 (i have 2 of these)

RF punch-z 8 (2 of these as well)

rampage acde-12 (is this oldschool?)

PG MPS-2240

PPI pc-6600

precision audio PA-450

blau 15 "pro comp driver" no other info, anyone know anything bout these?

also have a jensen 300w 2ch and a dual 460 2ch, for sure not that old though. just wanted to contribute. that PPI cost me $10!!!!

--mike.
kilostoys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011   #3775
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 normalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enoughnormalicy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilostoys View Post
ok pics, finally:
PPI pc-6600

blau 15 "pro comp driver" no other info, anyone know anything bout these?

also have a jensen 300w 2ch and a dual 460 2ch, for sure not that old though. just wanted to contribute. that PPI cost me $10!!!!

--mike.
$10 seriously? Luckiest guy I know.

I used to sell those Blaupunkts @ Best Buy around 1995 (only the 10's & 12's though). They were pretty decent for low grade stuff. Think the 12's sold for around $90. As for the box, I'm pretty sure they needed about 3-4 cu. ft. each & were limited to about 200-300w rms.
normalicy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement