DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Old School Showoff Thread

3M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  tintop 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lets see what everyones got... I've mostly got SS stuff but picked up a NIB Lanzar LXR100 today. Gotta get the out and get some pics.

#6,904 ·
Anyone remember opening up an amp and seeing guts like this, it's quite dusty been on a shelve for some time now. I was viewing another thread and someone mentioned this name brand and jogged my memory as to where this was at so i thought id post a pic of it ive got the heat sink for this somewhere lol BTW this thing works hehe ?
bring back any memories ?

#6,905 ·
A few things I've had for a while. Green amp is an old phase linear I know it's cheap but sure has a nice powder coat job done on it hehe. Sony XE-90 Mk II EQ, Sony XK-8D cassette deck, Sony XR-U800 Mobile ES cassette deck, ( Sony XA-C30 source selector brand new never used ) and Sony XM-2020 amp. For an amp it's size the thing is pertty powerful it's also got a really cool protection circuit that lower the output once it senses clipping which is really cool :D

#6,913 ·
Pertty sure I put this on already but don't think I took a pic of the guts doing this so if anyone else were to see one and interest in buying the one you stumble up on you'll know what's inside. When I got this one I was under the impression it had a PWM power supply as with most Lanzar's do however as you can see it don't it's the same type output as a car stereo would have IC chips DIY an AmpGuts is the place to go to when your not sure :D

#6,950 ·
Here's one of mine from a couple years back (sold a while back but kept the pics). I had a tendency to open amps up and see their guts.

The size is deceiving. Looks small in pictures, but these are big and heavy. If memory serves, sounded pretty good, but slightly bright for my taste. Mids were awesome. Highs were ok.

#6,918 ·
This thread is weird like that. One day it'll have one post, another day it'll have 2 pages of new posts.

I'll have a few to add in a few days.

A LANZAR LXR50, LANZAR E30,
Clarion XDZ716

I feel like there's something else too, but???

I'll be at the US Nationals this weekend w/my son so I don't know if I'll be able to get the pics up before then.

#6,920 ·
Heck all I've got now to put on is some old head units not nothing special but their old so when I get a minute to get um thought about putting those on ? I've got some other amps think like 15 more in my junk room they need some work one day soon I hope to have them up an going again but for now the head units is all I got :D this has become one of my favorite places on the net to come to I love old school car audio wellllll... Let me rephrase that I believe obsessed with it would be more like it hehe but it's a great thread I'm enjoying the far out of that far is hillbilly for fire :D

#6,922 ·
Bamelanc...I've heard what the surprise is (small community ��) and I don't want to spoil it, but it's gonna be good guys...Keith
Well, it's not the NIB Pr-250 type II who's auction ended the other day. Someone offered them a good chunck of money I assume. I was anxious to see the where the bidding went. I had my paypal ready... :D

It's not the Chrome 4" 650 for sale on CL either. I knew he had it before he listed it, I could have got it a while back.

It'll be in soon if Isaac doesn't jack UPS up too much. :cool:

BTW Keith. Billy is the name. Tired of you calling me bamelanc. haha.

#6,963 ·
Damn, you learn something new everyday. I never knew the Soundstream USA amps had a US Flag imprinted on the board:shocked:

#6,928 ·
Looks aren't everything in this case. Hell, looks could even add character.

Let me ask this, how many keep an up to date inventory of what you have?
Clarion sometimes puts manufacturing date on some things, mostly the month/year and serial number. I have all wrote down and add as it grows.

#6,935 ·
Did you see where he had it listed? In cars and trucks, vintage parts or something. I didn't see it again because I was looking for PR-250. He had it listed as rockford 250 type II. Yeah, that's cheap. Was it a BIN?

#6,934 ·
Always have time for Clarion goods. Your 9375 has a flat finish look to it compared to mine. I'm looking for a cheap EQH5100 to round out my dsp collection.