Old School Showoff Thread - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 bigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enoughbigabe will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Old School Showoff Thread

My old processor (no longer being used though):

Fosgate Symmetry EPX2

My subwoofer amp (this puppy is going STRONG):

Earthquake 40-UHC Gold

And my deck/processor control center, all old school RF:

RFX-8250

And something I have laying around the house:

RF Power 1000 Mosfet
bigabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2008   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 217 Mooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
Looks a lot like my 1002 inside
That's weird. Is yours modified? The only 1002 I've seen has the same plug connectors as my 901. Your power wires are straight to the board and you have independent speaker terminals.

Pioneer 880PRS, Tru SSLD6, Morel Supremo Piccolo, Hertz ML 1600, Morel 12" Ultimo, Tru Copper C7.4, Clarion DPX11551
Mooble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #28

Rep Power: 278 ca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooble View Post
That's weird. Is yours modified? The only 1002 I've seen has the same plug connectors as my 901. Your power wires are straight to the board and you have independent speaker terminals.
It was like that when i bought it. I'm guessing that whoever had it before me lost the plugs and decided it would be easier to just change the connections than trying to find new plugs.
ca90ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 175 ZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to ZoNtO Send a message via MSN to ZoNtO Send a message via Yahoo to ZoNtO

For the love of holiness, why do people quote entire posts with tons of pictures just to ask a simple question?
ZoNtO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 198 Whiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enough

man, eclipse is dumb. Look at those three cd players, they look awesome, but they ruined them by not including rotary volume. Plenty of space for it, too.

Look at the alpine tape deck. gorgeous. All eclipse needed to do was copy the left-hand inch of the alpine unit on theirs.

Beautiful.

What sony CD player is that up there?
Whiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #31

Rep Power: 278 ca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond reputeca90ss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post

What sony CD player is that up there?
Looks like a C90
ca90ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 182 DonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to DonutHands

big power!

2001 Audi S4
with speakers
DonutHands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 184 kevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
How about my new 25 year old LP? It's new to me anyway. If you don't think it's old, check out the font in the Monster Cable stuffer--pure 80's!

This is still my favorite though:

Finally, my enclosure for my old school A/D/S 310rs.2. Took me about 80 hours to make. If you ever see it, it is VERY stolen.

Mooble... you made my day! A Linear Power 901.

Like Chad, this thread makes me feel old... I had a 901 when it was NEW school. It was a great amp and yours looks to be mint. Had my 901 paired with an A/D/S Power Plate. The 901 was running some Altec Lansing mids and tweets in the front doors while the Power Plate was powering a pair of A/D/S 300i's in the rear deck.

Check it out... HU was a Craig cassette with Dolby B and C and a separate 5 band eq that had "Digital Delay" and an "Ambience Expander"... a slider that added some reverb... a touch of it was kinda cool, really.

About 27 years ago installed in my new 1981 Honda Civic 4-door.

Nice Klein, btw... there are pics of my Landshark floating around here somewhere.

Thanks, man.

"Drugs won't change you. Religion won't change you. What's the matter with you?"
kevin k. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 175 ZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enoughZoNtO will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to ZoNtO Send a message via MSN to ZoNtO Send a message via Yahoo to ZoNtO

Why oh why must you quote with so many pictures.....
Old 04-19-2008   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 garvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoNtO View Post
Why oh why must you quote with so many pictures.....
Well, since you have asked twice:
I do it because it is a pain in the ass to cut the photo links out of the quotes. Do you have a slow connection?
garvinzoom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 165 Brian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura aboutBrian_smith06 has a spectacular aura about

the fosgates(160.4 and 50.2) are as old as my collection gets.
Brian_smith06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvinzoom View Post
Well, since you have asked twice:
I do it because it is a pain in the ass to cut the photo links out of the quotes. Do you have a slow connection?
No, I'm on our university's T1 but I'm tired of having to scroll down through 10 pictures over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over again
Old 04-19-2008   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 garvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enoughgarvinzoom will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No, I'm on our university's T1 but I'm tired of having to scroll down through 10 pictures over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over again
garvinzoom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 lust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Awe man, I just got it two weeks ago. I hooked it up at home last night when I tested an a/d/s PQ10 that I'm selling. The a/d/s is a great amp, but I could swear that I heard a lot more detail from the LP. I have no use for it in my car, but I was thinking of hooking up some computer speakers to it. I might sell it if I saw another amp I wanted and needed funds.

Count them. There are 8 TO-3s in this tiny little amp. 8!!!

Looks are fresh as it did 25 years ago when it left the factory.

I've got a few really nice amps. PPI promos, M and AM's (have Art series, still undecided on selling trading), 1 Soundstream Reference 405, Nak and Eclipse HU's, PPI XO's, MMATS Pro Audio Comps, subs etc. I could make it worth your while. Cash/Trade type deal if you're interested.. Lemme know!!
lust4sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 184 kevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enoughkevin k. will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Maybe you could include a picture...?

"Drugs won't change you. Religion won't change you. What's the matter with you?"
kevin k. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 217 Mooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond reputeMooble has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin k. View Post
Mooble... you made my day! A Linear Power 901.

Like Chad, this thread makes me feel old... I had a 901 when it was NEW school. It was a great amp and yours looks to be mint. Had my 901 paired with an A/D/S Power Plate. The 901 was running some Altec Lansing mids and tweets in the front doors while the Power Plate was powering a pair of A/D/S 300i's in the rear deck.

Check it out... HU was a Craig cassette with Dolby B and C and a separate 5 band eq that had "Digital Delay" and an "Ambience Expander"... a slider that added some reverb... a touch of it was kinda cool, really.

About 27 years ago installed in my new 1981 Honda Civic 4-door.

Nice Klein, btw... there are pics of my Landshark floating around here somewhere.

Thanks, man.
Yeah, I jumped on it when I saw the 901 for sale. It's as mint as I've ever seen an old amp. I can't tell that it's ever been used. My first HU was a crappy old Jet Sound Electronics running through a small Sony amp and only rear Alpine 6x9s. It was all installed in my '76 280z 2+2. I miss that car.

Good catch on the Klein. It's astounding better than my old Montagner, but I still keep the Montagner for sentimental reasons. You don't see too many handmade Italian bikes anymore.

Really off topic old school bikeage pic. Damn I need to clean out my junk room!

Pioneer 880PRS, Tru SSLD6, Morel Supremo Piccolo, Hertz ML 1600, Morel 12" Ultimo, Tru Copper C7.4, Clarion DPX11551

Last edited by Mooble; 04-19-2008 at 07:45 PM..
Mooble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 154 placenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nology View Post
ahh back when Alpine was worth a crap. or... am i thinking of the older ones with the lighter blue stripe?

2012 Jeep Wrangler
2011 VW GTI
2009 Nissan Xterra
placenta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 agentk98 will become famous soon enoughagentk98 will become famous soon enoughagentk98 will become famous soon enoughagentk98 will become famous soon enoughagentk98 will become famous soon enoughagentk98 will become famous soon enough

My current system (see sig). More than 10 years and still blasting tunes!

RIP Seas 27TFFNC/G . Seas CA18RNX . Adire Audio Shiva Mark III .
Now I'm back shopping. Here we go again...
agentk98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008   #44
Ge0
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 Ge0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by internecine View Post
you forgot to mention your old school carpet!
I WAS going to mention something to that effect...

You took care of it.

Ge0

Alpine, Zapco, Scanspeak, Image Dynamics, Critical Mass
Life lesson #1) En boca cerradas no entra moscas! (loose translation: sometimes it is best to keep your fuggin mouth shut and listen)
Ge0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 275 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

This is an "Old School" sub owned by Richard and it is powered with capacitors

Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2008   #46
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 154 jel847 will become famous soon enoughjel847 will become famous soon enoughjel847 will become famous soon enoughjel847 will become famous soon enoughjel847 will become famous soon enoughjel847 will become famous soon enough

1984 jmc darrell young!
not car audio but old school and super cool...
jel847 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 jhr400ex will become famous soon enoughjhr400ex will become famous soon enoughjhr400ex will become famous soon enoughjhr400ex will become famous soon enoughjhr400ex will become famous soon enoughjhr400ex will become famous soon enough

Here's my little collection
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1108.JPG (1.44 MB, 455 views)
jhr400ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to jhr400ex For This Useful Post:
WinWiz (06-08-2018)
Old 04-22-2008   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 310w6 will become famous soon enough310w6 will become famous soon enough310w6 will become famous soon enough310w6 will become famous soon enough310w6 will become famous soon enough310w6 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhr400ex View Post
Here's my little collection
good old Fosgate!!!
310w6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008   #49

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 smgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enoughsmgreen20 will become famous soon enough

Instead of reposting all the pics, here's a link to some of my OS stuff.
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...t=36207&page=6
smgreen20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 182 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement